Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095773 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by popplm(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
Good afternoon great people, I am about to apply for my dependants as they recently got their Tb test done. I want to know if its safe to put their maintenance fee in bank now considering the closure of tls or i should wait till they are finally opened.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
popplm:
Good afternoon great people, I am about to apply for my dependants as they recently got their Tb test done. I want to know if its safe to put their maintenance fee in bank now considering the closure of tls or i should wait till they are finally opened.

It depends on how soon you want them to join you. If it is not urgent, you may opt to wait. If you want them joining you in August/September 2020 now is the right time because before the 28days counting period, the TLS would have opened for new applications

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Vik15: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
duchess90:
Hi,

No, schools won't allow you to enroll if their policy is 50% total tuition paid no matter how much story you tell and how much you beg. Mind you, most international office gives a report to the UKVI after enrollment detailing students who have enrolled and those who didn't. At that point, your staying in the UK is at your risk and will be classified illegal since you didn't report and enroll into school thereby breaching immigration laws.

Please think thoroughly on this, if funds aren't available, defer and save more. It's better
All the best

Thanks to all who responded. I would just take my other choice university which I can afford.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
justwise:

I really don't know why people can not chill and wait until the visa application starts properly.

shocked shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Smart Choice @vik15,

All the best

Vik15:

Thanks to all who responded. I would just take my other choice university which I can afford.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Horla27:
@aprokodaughter

Hello are you going to Sheffield Hallam University?
How can we exchange contact without it been publicizing it here?

Am going too. Send me mail
Chisomibekwe40@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Hi �
Am going . My mail
Chisomibekwe40@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
All hope not lost.
Sent you a pm
Vik15:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cyberpeaks01: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Good day all. After careful study and following this thread, I must admit that wonderful jobs have been done here.

I have an offer to study MSc Cybersecurity at ARU but the course is listed on NCSC website.

I would like to know the consequences if your course has not been accredited by the UK body in charge of that profession.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
cyberpeaks01:
Good day all. After careful study and following this thread, I must admit that wonderful jobs have been done here.

I have an offer to study MSc Cybersecurity at ARU but the course is listed on NCSC website.

I would like to know the consequences if your course has not been accredited by the UK body in charge of that profession.

Thank you.

I had a similar issue. It can be taken likely in some course of study being that the major University accreditation to run programmes matter most. In my own view as it concerns a degree in Cyber security, I will advice that you go for a university on the list because the course area is a very sensitive one especially if you have a mind of exploring professional opportunities in the UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

I had a similar issue. It can be taken likely in some course of study being that the major University accreditation to run programmes matter most. In my own view as it concerns a degree in Cyber security, I will advice that you go for a university on the list because the course area is a very sensitive one especially if you have a mind of exploring professional opportunities in the UK

Not all unis are on that list,

It does not mean the Cyber Security/Digital Forensic course at those Unis that were not listed isn’t accredited,

Some were accredited by BCS, the Chartered institute for It.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
mattfeuter:

It does not mean the Cyber Security/Digital Forensic course at those Unis that were not listed isn’t accredited,

Yes bro. Cyber security is government regulated. If you do Cyber security for school when no get approval, you will not land a big job. Prepare to use your degree only in nations where they are begging to have cyber security expert. BCS is a reputable body but lacks the power to regulate CS because a government institution is in charge of that aspect. The BCS is just a professional body registered by the government to professionally develop and support institutions and members
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Yes bro. Cyber security is government regulated. If you do Cyber security for school when no get approval, you will not land a big job. Prepare to use your degree only in nations where they are begging to have cyber security expert. BCS is a reputable body but lacks the power to regulate CS because a government institution is in charge of that aspect. The BCS is just a professional body registered by the government to professionally develop and support institutions and members

This accreditation issue has been discussed here, I’m in no mood to go back and forth over it.

When we graduate, we’ll see about landing big job or not.

And yes , that’s the course I’m going for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
mattfeuter:

This accreditation issue has been discussed here, I’m in no mood to go back and forth over it.

When we graduate, we’ll see about landing big job or not.

And yes , that’s the course I’m going for.

Okay. I declined when I noticed this. I had a few CS offers. Best wishes bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by obodooma: 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
Great People,

Please who can suggest a cheap hotel/guest house of not more than 10k per night close to IOM office in Ikeja.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by girlsupersonic(f): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
mattfeuter:

Care to explain this?

I meant I was given a date by iom but I am unable to confirm the date via the link sent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 3:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
girlsupersonic:

I meant I was given a date by iom but I am unable to confirm the date via the link sent

Try another browser

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ekaita: 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thank you for the good job that you guys are doing on this forum. I have PHD admission in the following schools and would want your advice in terms of location opportunities- cost of accommodation, living expense,part time work opportunities etc;
1. Nottingham Trent University
2.Plymouth University
3. Robert Gordon University

Tuition is about the same for all schools while NTU is highly ranked compared to the others but i need more information as stated above so i can take a decision.
Kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
ekaita:
Thank you for the good job that you guys are doing on this forum. I have PHD admission in the following schools and would want your advice in terms of location opportunities- cost of accommodation, living expense,part time work opportunities etc;
1. Nottingham Trent University
2.Plymouth University
3. Robert Gordon University

Tuition is about the same for all schools while NTU is highly ranked compared to the others but i need more information as stated above so i can take a decision.
Kindly advise.

Unlike Masters, PhD is more about your prospective supervisor reputation, your research ability and institution research record.

If your goal is working, do another Masters as you can get PSW.

PhD is no child play and you may not have time to work and you will always be on toes 3 to 4 years. You also need to raise 3 years tuition.

Personally, I cant advise anyone to use his or her money for PhD. The time, finance and stress does not worth it.

Only do PhD if you love research and you obtained scholarship. If you are doing PhD for having a better career, it does not worth it.

Do Masters since you are all about work opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Good day my people. Please have anyone booked TB test appointment for Abuja location? I need a number to call as I intend going there on Wednesday next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 5:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
I am probably sure the OP put all that into consideration and understand what it takes.

I don't think its fair to discourage him or her with personal opinions.

@Ekaita, Unfortunately i am not in any of those schools but i am doing my PhD too.. Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers

hosey:

Unlike Masters, PhD is more about your prospective supervisor reputation, your research ability and institution research record.

PhD is no child play and you may not have time to work and you will always be on toes 3 to 4 years. You also need to raise 3 years tuition.

Personally, I cant advise anyone to use his or her money for PhD. The time, finance and stress does not worth it.

Only do PhD if you love research and you obtained scholarship. If you are doing PhD for having a better career, it does not worth it.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
Try Ree-Danielles at Ojota, De Rembrandt on Emina crescent around Allen or Silver Grandeur on Agbor st at Ajao Estate, Ikeja.
Ree-Danielles and De Rembrandt are the closest to IOM. Price and food are good but not sure about their current situations though. There are external food outlets close to the first 2 if you decide to eat out.
obodooma:
Great People,

Please who can suggest a cheap hotel/guest house of not more than 10k per night close to IOM office in Ikeja.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chinlov: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nay Sayers will always say it's impossible even when someone is doing it right before their eyes. Are you a PhD Student? How can you state experiences you have not encountered. Honestly we should say positive things or Waka pass.
hosey:

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kudos to you
duchess90:
I am probably sure the OP put all that into consideration and understand what it takes.

I don't think its fair to discourage him or her with personal opinions.

@Ekaita, Unfortunately i am not in any of those schools but i am doing my PhD too.. Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
No mind am.

If na another person talk am now, he will start dragging like generator. Somebody asked opinion on which university is best based on other important factors.

Oga started talking off point. Did he/she tell him that he/she cannot afford the PhD? or was he the one that did the 4 Phd applications for him/her? Of course everyone knows that PhD is not beans to pay for in the U.K.
That was not the question being asked.

Masters ni, masters ko
Chinlov:
Nay Sayers will always say it's impossible even when someone is doing it right before their eyes. Are you a PhD Student? How can you state experiences you have not encountered. Honestly we should say positive things or Waka pass.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youtook(f): 6:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
mattfeuter:

Thank you for this. Been thinking about this all afternoon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
Youtook:

Thank you for this. Been thinking about this all afternoon.

You’re welcome. . . You have nothing to be worried about.

Na God grace sure pass. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youtook(f): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
mattfeuter:

You’re welcome. . . You have nothing to be worried about.

Na God grace sure pass. cheesy

At the end of the day!! Are you for September or January? & which uni? I have a few options & I’m still trying to make up my mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Access2017: 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
08072191122 or
Email: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

Cigbojugha:
Good day my people. Please have anyone booked TB test appointment for Abuja location? I need a number to call as I intend going there on Wednesday next week.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ekaita: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thank you unfortunately my question has not been answered by the previous comment as the comment on picking a masters over a PHD does not correlate with my enquiry

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KellyEyimofe: 8:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
This is a screenshot from the email I was sent when I did mine, the guy is the front desk person that does bookings and inquiries.

Cigbojugha:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
Access2017:
08072191122 or
Email: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int

Thank you very much.

I already sent a mail to this email you sent but I have not gotten any response from them and I have been calling the number that ends with 898 but its been off for some days now.

I will try the other number

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.