Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091290 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
toyclicks:
Does that mean one can keep moving from degree to degree( of course showing progression) until 10yrs for ILR is due? grin

Meaning 6yrs study cap has been removed?

Exactly!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adeniyy01: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
adeniyy01:

Thank you. I really appreciate, but I've done the test at Afriglobal to sure of my status tho. They said, the result would be out tomorrow.
I will update you guys if my outcome.
I really wish to meet up with September class bcus, a lot has due for me to renew.

The result from Afriglobal came out negative.. please house, what other things IOM checks in the chest

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Elite4dollar: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Am going to Hertfordshire too...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
lol bros you’re already negative, wetin you still dey find? Even if the house tells you or IOM test comes out otherwise, what will you do? Nothing.
Just go for the test & hope for the best.
As someone suggested, you can still defer till January. It’s only 4 months apart. So just cross fingers & stop to dey worry.
adeniyy01:

The result from Afriglobal came out negative.. please house, what other things IOM checks in the chest

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Faireee: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
No
pittoilet:
Anyone from bournemouth uni that has received CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
As you can’t provide a solution, why didn’t you just save your advice, I never asked for it, and I didn’t quote you.
LaaJiblik:

‘Running to’ Nairaland should ALWAYS be your 2nd choice.
Your 1st choice is your school.

It is for a reason that your admission email specifically provided Email addresses and phone Numbers for you to direct enquiries.

Use Nairaland as an ‘addendum’, not as the main thing.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2020
@mimilyrics. Thanks

How about the fact that international students are allowed to join classes online till they are able to fly into the country (possibly due to the fear of COVID) latest April 2021? Can someone not hide under that canopy? tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 8:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
Nothing yet o
I email them yesterday regarding that, I’m yet to hear from them.
pittoilet:
Anyone from bournemouth uni that has received CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by belovedtianah: 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Good evening Guys,
Please I received offers from Glasgow Caledonian University and university of Greenwich both for MBA programs. I am drawn to both schools and can’t seem to make up my mind.

The program at GCU is without work placement while the Uni Of Greenwich course is with placement . The aim of applying for MBA with work placement is to get UK work experience and networking opportunities.
*the payment plan at GCU is quite flexible.

Although the program starts January next year, both schools require me to accept/decline the offer within 30 days.
Can I accept both offers while I make up my mind? Does it have any implication on my visa application? Also, I would love advises/views about both schools to enable me make up my mind.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:55pm On Jul 14, 2020
toyclicks:
Does that mean one can keep moving from degree to degree( of course showing progression) until 10yrs for ILR is due? grin

Meaning 6yrs study cap has been removed?

Very expensive moving..... 10 years of tuition is no joke. Hopefully this wont be anybody portion but a very last resort

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
grin grin grin The schools will be keeping tabs on each country situation, I suppose.
I know that there are allowances for distance study in cases where students can't travel due to travel restrictions but intend to transition to face-to-face study as soon as the situation allows. When a student fails to engage though, sponsorship will be withdrawn.
You'd have to work that out with your school and it's dependent on if the student is truly unable to travel because of the prevalent situation. The schools might have different latest arrival dates to reflect the situation of each country that their students are from.
SegunWamiri:
@mimilyrics. Thanks

How about the fact that international students are allowed to join classes online till they are able to fly into the country (possibly due to the fear of COVID) latest April 2021? Can someone not hide under that canopy? tongue

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Very expensive moving..... 10 years of tuition is no joke. Hopefully this wont be anybody portion but a very last resort

The goodnews is that a last resort now exists. If this is true, then UK waka is gradually becoming similar with German waka. We can keep on doing one masters after another. The only difference is that in Germany, you don't have to pay for tuition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
The super priority visa, is it really 24 hours decision? Does anyone know who has used it previously? I am considering using it to enable me enough time to clear my table at work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
It used to be anything from 24 hours - 2days; mostly 24 hours.
Prepare for standard processing because it's been temporarily suspended.
SAMDEEA123:
The super priority visa, is it really 24 hours decision? Does anyone know who has used it previously? I am considering using it to enable me enough time to clear my table at work.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2020
mimilyrics:
It used to be anything from 24 hours - 2days; mostly 24 hours.
Prepare for standard processing because it's been temporarily suspended.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 9:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
@Mimilyrics, @Justwise, @dduchess

Please I need some clarification and guidance from you guys.

I am a resident of UAE(Dubai) and Nigerian. I work and live here.

I got admission to study MSc. Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing at Cardiff Met. University for this Sept/October intake.

I am supposed to come back to Nigeria to apply for my Tier 4 visa but there has been delay due to the fact that Nigeria has not yet resumed international flights.

My question is; do you think it's wise for me to do my TB test here and then apply for the Visa in Nigeria. Will that be acceptable? Though UAE residents and citizens are exempt from the TB test, but since I am to apply from Nigeria, I have to do it.

But with the uncertainty concerning international flights and info I see here about people getting booked for the TB test with possible available dates very far.

I don't want to be left behind pending when they open International space.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 9:27pm On Jul 14, 2020
Please i need advise. At the moment, i do not have access to getting my transcript, e-copy or otherwise. My undergraduate is a degree in computer science, my course of interest is Business analytics, hoping to switch to data science during enrollment.

My challenge is i am at a loss at what to do as schools will not be opening anytime soon.

Also since my postgraduate course of study is under the computer science familiy or closely related to it, will the school be willing to clear me pending when i get my transcript.

Does anyone have or know someone with this experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2020
Donracy:

I got admission to study MSc. Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing at Cardiff Met. University for this Sept/October intake.

I am supposed to come back to Nigeria to apply for my Tier 4 visa but there has been delay due to the fact that Nigeria has not yet resumed international flights.

My question is; do you think it's wise for me to do my TB test here and then apply for the Visa in Nigeria. Will that be acceptable? Though UAE residents and citizens are exempt from the TB test, but since I am to apply from Nigeria, I have to do it.

But with the uncertainty concerning international flights and info I see here about people getting booked for the TB test with possible available dates very far.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you're a legal UAE resident, you can apply from there and hence avail of the exemption for UAE residents.
Unless you're going to be using a bank statement of a parent domiciled in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
If you work and live in UAE and hold a valid resident permit, you can apply from there. You also don't need a TB test; it's not based on nationality but based on where you live. Since you've lived in the UAE for over 6 months, you don't need to do it.
Donracy:

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
You will have to speak to the school you're applying to; you might be able to get a conditional offer pending when you can provide your transcript.
ELff:
Please i need advise. At the moment, i do not have access to getting my transcript, e-copy or otherwise. My undergraduate is a degree in computer science, my course of interest is Business analytics, hoping to switch to data science during enrollment.

My challenge is i am at a loss at what to do as schools will not be opening anytime soon.

Also since my postgraduate course of study is under the computer science familiy or closely related to it, will the school be willing to clear me pending when i get my transcript.

Does anyone have or know someone with this experience?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
Likewise me too, sent them a mail last week
Hubbysluv:
Nothing yet o
I email them yesterday regarding that, I’m yet to hear from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
Faireee:
No
I thought I was alone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

If you're a legal UAE resident, you can apply from there and hence avail of the exemption for UAE residents.
Unless you're going to be using a bank statement of a parent domiciled in Nigeria?

@Mimilyrics @Cyberknight

Yes, the bank statement I am using is my Nigeria account. I transferred my funds to the naija account as per the directives of my school rep.

Reason why the school rep asked me to apply from Nigeria was because I was refused Canada study visa last year on the grounds of family ties. So I was advised to apply from Nigeria to avoid further refusals.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
Donracy:

@Mimilyrics @Cyberknight

Yes, the bank statement I am using is my Nigeria account. I transferred my funds to the naija account as per the directives of my school rep.

Reason why the school rep asked me to apply from Nigeria was because I was refused Canada study visa last year on the grounds of family ties. So I was advised to apply from Nigeria to avoid further refusals.

What's done is done, but it makes no difference - Tier 4 is points-based, once you garner the requisite number of points by satisfying the requirements, glaring deficiencies in your profile excepted (such as adverse immigration history), you're home free. Ties and suchlike not taken into consideration as for visitor's visa.

You'd have had a hand just as strong had you applied from the UAE.

I think you'll have to take the TB test once you're applying from Nigeria, so in your shoes, I'd take the TB test in the IOM in the UAE, because we've no idea when Nigeria's borders will be reopened or how soon you can get a TB test when you do get here (I gather there's quite some demand this period), so its best you land with you paperwork ready to put in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
That school rep is wrong.
It doesn’t matter the account you use, as long as it’s yours.
Secondly U.K. has nothing with family ties.
They don’t decide on applications on that as Canada.

I will say you should save yourself the stress & apply from UAE. I may be wrong but I’m sure you can still use a naira account even though you’re applying somewhere else.
Donracy:

@Mimilyrics @Cyberknight

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2020
I maybe wrong but I think you only do TB test if you’ve been a resident in Nigeria for the past 6 months (prior to your application).
Cyberknight:

What's done is done, but it makes no difference - Tier 4 is points-based, once you garner the requisite number of points by satisfying the requirements, glaring deficiencies in your profile excepted (such as adverse immigration history), you're home free. Ties and suchlike not taken into consideration as for visitor's visa.

You'd have had a hand just as strong had you applied from the UAE.

I think you'll have to take the TB test once you're applying from Nigeria, so in your shoes, I'd take the TB test in the IOM in the UAE, because we've no idea when Nigeria's borders will be reopened or how soon you can get a TB test when you do get here (I gather there's quite some demand this period), so its best you land with you paperwork ready to put in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
That school rep is wrong.
It doesn’t matter the account you use, as long as it’s yours.
Secondly U.K. has nothing with family ties.
They decide on applications on that as Canada.

I will say you should save yourself the stress & apply from UAE. I may be wrong but I’m sure you can still use a naira account even though you’re applying somewhere else.

I don't think you can use a naira account; the embassy in the UAE will be unable to verify its accuracy.
Hence the requirement that visa applicants apply from their places of habitual residence; its the High Commission in Nigeria that can deal with Nigerian banks, for instance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
I doubt. Because peeps use their parents Naija account to apply for visa in U.K. & they get approvals. Eg undergraduate applying for Msc under parents sponsorship. I feel like bank statement can be verified from any country of application.
Cyberknight:

I don't think you can use a naira account; the embassy in the UAE will be unable to verify its accuracy.
Hence the requirement that visa applicants apply from their places of habitual residence; its the High Commission in Nigeria that can deal with Nigerian banks, for instance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I maybe wrong but I think you only do TB test if you’ve been a resident in Nigeria for the past 6 months (prior to your application).

The official advice mentions some exempt persons, but there is no indication of such a category.
Ultimately, you are in the UAE, you could always pick up the phone and ring up the embassy to clear up any issues you might have; I think they'd answer and supply you with information, unlike what generally obtains here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2020
I think it’s already clear enough & he fits into the category but yeah he can call
Cyberknight:

The official advice mentions some exempt persons, but there is no indication of such a category.
Ultimately, you are in the UAE, you could always pick up the phone and ring up the embassy to clear up any issues you might have; I think they'd answer and supply you with information, unlike what generally obtains here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.