Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091041 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Plus21: 10:29am On Jul 15, 2020
duchess90:
Hi,

1.The IOM certificate will be in her name.

2.No it will not be rejected in the visa application because you will submit your marriage certificate which binds it all together and proves that she is your wife and dependant.

3.There's nothing to worry about

Cheers

[/b]

thanks so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2020
Ok Thanks

duchess90:

Send an email, stating you had earlier been booked and request a new date if possible, your record is already on the system so starting afresh will mean two bookings.

Follow up with a phone call if you can and pray there is available slot

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatfatty: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2020
Hello house, pls how long does it take gtbank to process form A? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by emyboy94: 11:10am On Jul 15, 2020
Doyinh:
Same here

Same here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hisgraceapparel(f): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2020
fatfatty:

I was told two weeks when I made my enquiry last week. You might also want to compare their rates with other banks as theirs was a bit on the high side.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2020
fatfatty:

My friend got his own in three days although he was on their neck. He was charged 501 naira to one pounds sterling
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 12:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
Please house i want to confirm something.
When we print our statement of account, Is it the exchange rate on the day we deposited the money is what will write on top of the statement?
I use Oanda rate as most of you suggested.
Just want to be sure

Thank you
@justwise @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
ELff:

Thanks. I already have a conditional offer. I am only worried because I don't know when schools will be resuming.

If schools don't resume before the end of August, I don't know what will happen then.

Have you checked If admin offices are open, schools are closed to lectures but some admin offices and non academic staff are workin. Just check to be sure

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by faks10: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
Use Form A with Stanbic bank if you are particular about the rate.
Mine took 3 days and I was charged at 482.01 naira to 1 GBP yesterday.

SAMDEEA123:

My friend got his own in three days although he was on their neck. He was charged 501 naira to one pounds sterling

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2020
remioshy:
Hello everyone. Is anyone going to Northampton and received CAS, deposit was paid over a month ago and the CAS form was filled , they requested for my bank statement as proof that I have the funds which I submitted last week, they said CAS will be issued after 28 days and I will need to resubmit my bank statement showing the funds still there, I didn’t expect that as they never said, which means I can’t get CAS until early or mid August, will this not be late and before I now apply. God knows what the appointments will be like and waiting time to get one considering there will be lots of applications . What they said in the offer letter was to pay the deposit and CAS will be issued from June, now it’s another story.
Bros don't too much bother urself because ur school will likely give u an extention ,so u will have more time for ur visa processing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2020
Anitaamich:

Have you checked If admin offices are open, schools are closed to lectures but some admin offices and non academic staff are workin. Just check to be sure
you are correct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2020
You don't need to write anything on your statement. The ECO will use the Oanda exchange rate for the day you submit your online application to calculate the £ equivalent your Naira funds.
Hubbysluv:
Please house i want to confirm something.
When we print our statement of account, Is it the exchange rate on the day we deposited the money is what will write on top of the statement?
I use Oanda rate as most of you suggested.
Just want to be sure

Thank you
@justwise @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
Oh really

Thanks so much

mimilyrics:
You don't need to write anything on your statement. The ECO will use the Oanda exchange rate for the day you submit your online application to calculate the £ equivalent your Naira funds.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hazvat(f): 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Good morning, Please anyone planning on schooling in Sheffield Hallam University?
I am going to SHU.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
faks10:
Use Form A with Stanbic bank if you are particular about the rate.
Mine took 3 days and I was charged at 482.01 naira to 1 GBP yesterday.

As of today, stanbic IBTC is 480.77 self

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olaypappy: 2:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
fatfatty:

It took me about 48 hrs...the rate was 492.5
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 15, 2020
hazvat:
I am going to SHU.

Yayyy...will send you a mail now smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
hazvat:
I am going to SHU.

Just sent you a message
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatfatty: 2:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hisgraceapparel:

I was told two weeks when I made my enquiry last week. You might also want to compare their rates with other banks as theirs was a bit on the high side.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatfatty: 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

As of today, stanbic IBTC is 480.77 self

Do u know if stanbic IBTC accept savings account for form A and if I can pay thru someone's account cos I dont av stanbic acct?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2020
fatfatty:

Do u know if stanbic IBTC accept savings account for form A and if I can pay thru someone's account cos I dont av stanbic acct?

Yes they do

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
Please what forms do dependents fill when applying with the main applicant. I mean I can only see General Tier 4 students and others. Can anyone provide link please �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
Yimi4real:
Please what forms do dependents fill when applying with the main applicant. I mean I can only see General Tier 4 students and others. Can anyone provide link please �

Create a separate application for the dependants, under your own .gov.uk account (the old portal)
Or
On the new portal, simply fill the form for yourself, and click on ‘Add’ in the appropriate place to add your deoendants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
Please find link

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/dependant?_ga=2.197929455.1707834442.1594639306-1598192951.1594639306

Cheers

Yimi4real:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
If you're going to Edinburgh Napier University this September. Let's connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
duchess90:
Please find link

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/dependant?_ga=2.197929455.1707834442.1594639306-1598192951.1594639306

Cheers

The link you posted is a good link, but it will not address OP’s concerns as you provided the link for a non-tier4 dependant visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
It's for dependants applying for a visa under the points-based system (PBS), Start-up, Innovator or Global Talent routes so it'll address the OP's concerns.
LaaJiblik:

The link you posted is a good link, but it will not address OP’s concerns as you provided the link for a non-tier4 dependant visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
Okay, thanks a lot
LaaJiblik:

Create a separate application for the dependants, under your own .gov.uk account (the old portal)
Or
On the new portal, simply fill the form for yourself, and click on ‘Add’ in the appropriate place to add your deoendants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
Is Tier 4 not point based ?? Did you look at the link?

LaaJiblik:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Geesucc: 5:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
Pls guys how do I pay school fees deposit using form A, do I need the school's account details or something? I v been trying to contact the school to let them know I will be paying my deposit using form A but they r yet to respond.. How did u guys go about it?
mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatfatty: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
Geesucc:
Pls guys how do I pay school fees deposit using form A, do I need the school's account details or something? I v been trying to contact the school to let them know I will be paying my deposit using form A but they r yet to respond.. How did u guys go about it?
mimilyrics
Check ur offer letter. The bank details should be there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.