Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091237 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 10:14pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

What's done is done, but it makes no difference - Tier 4 is points-based, once you garner the requisite number of points by satisfying the requirements, glaring deficiencies in your profile excepted (such as adverse immigration history), you're home free. Ties and suchlike not taken into consideration as for visitor's visa.

You'd have had a hand just as strong had you applied from the UAE.

I think you'll have to take the TB test once you're applying from Nigeria, so in your shoes, I'd take the TB test in the IOM in the UAE, because we've no idea when Nigeria's borders will be reopened or how soon you can get a TB test when you do get here (I gather there's quite some demand this period), so its best you land with you paperwork ready to put in your application.

So in essence you advise I do the TB test here before coming back?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I think it’s already clear enough & he fits into the category but yeah he can call

I think "returning resident" refers to persons previously resident in the UK who have had to return to Nigeria to make an application therefrom.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Ok oo if you say so
Cyberknight:

I think "returning resident" refers to persons previously resident in the UK who have had to return to Nigeria to make an application therefrom.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Same thing I was thinking. But the fear of being refused again is making not to take chances.

Skymoore1004:
That school rep is wrong.
It doesn’t matter the account you use, as long as it’s yours.
Secondly U.K. has nothing with family ties.
They don’t decide on applications on that as Canada.

I will say you should save yourself the stress & apply from UAE. I may be wrong but I’m sure you can still use a naira account even though you’re applying somewhere else.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
Donracy:

So in essence you advise I do the TB test here before coming back?

Yes, in your shoes, that's what I'd do.
To save you time since you have absolutely no idea when you will be able to get to Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Ok oo if you say so

smileyI don't say so, I think so, and I stand to be corrected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

Yes, in your shoes, that's what I'd do.
To save you time since you have absolutely no idea when you will be able to get to Nigeria.

Alright thank you guys for the heads up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:21pm On Jul 14, 2020
Oya take your correction wink
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa
Cyberknight:

smileyI don't say so, I think so, and I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
It doesn't matter where the bank statement is from; UKVI has trusted means of checking the authenticity of submitted bank statements as long as the bank is not on the list of unacceptable banks.
Address your Canadian refusal, you can include an introduction letter from your company in the UAE (if you're being granted study leave, it should be stated on the letter), know what your post-study plans are and pls don't be generic.
Going all the way to Nigeria is not necessary and is gonna be kinda stressful, given the current situation (TB test isn't also required, don't burn money biko) but if you decide to go to Nigeria to apply, go for it. The choice is ultimately yours.

Donracy:

@Mimilyrics @Cyberknight

Yes, the bank statement I am using is my Nigeria account. I transferred my funds to the naija account as per the directives of my school rep.

Reason why the school rep asked me to apply from Nigeria was because I was refused Canada study visa last year on the grounds of family ties. So I was advised to apply from Nigeria to avoid further refusals.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:

Ah good, so that clears that up. I stand corrected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
Just be calm. Chest xrays show if there's anything on your lungs but isn't always indicative of having TB. Further testing is usually to ascertain what exactly is on the lungs, TB or not TB.

adeniyy01:

The result from Afriglobal came out negative.. please house, what other things IOM checks in the chest
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2020
mimilyrics:
grin grin grin The schools will be keeping tabs on each country situation, I suppose.
I know that there are allowances for distance study in cases where students can't travel due to travel restrictions but intend to transition to face-to-face study as soon as the situation allows. When a student fails to engage though, sponsorship will be withdrawn.
You'd have to work that out with your school and it's dependent on if the student is truly unable to travel because of the prevalent situation. The schools might have different latest arrival dates to reflect the situation of each country that their students are from.

Yeah. I thought so too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2020
mimilyrics:
It doesn't matter where the bank statement is from; UKVI has trusted means of checking the authenticity of submitted bank statements as long as the bank is not on the list of unacceptable banks.
Address your Canadian refusal, you can include an introduction letter from your company in the UAE (if you're being granted study leave, it should be stated on the letter), know what your post-study plans are and pls don't be generic.
Going all the way to Nigeria is not necessary and is gonna be kinda stressful, given the current situation (TB test isn't also required, don't burn money biko) but if you decide to go to Nigeria to apply, go for it. The choice is ultimately yours.

Thank you so much. I'll have to contact the school rep tomorrow then.

I'll let you guys know of the outcome and decision later
God bless.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for the advice, my situation is a bit complicated because when I will be ready to come for the kids my husband will not be allowed to leave work that's why he will be applying with me.
mamacajah:

There is no problem with applying first for you and your husband. At that point, you will say no, the children are not following at this time..When you are ready to bring them over, you apply for them as dependents as at that time.

However, if your husband is not planning to stay with you, why is he applying at a dependent at this time? I would advise he applies as a dependent when you are ready for the children to come over. That's my 2 cent oh.. the choice is ultimately yours... Every one knows their plans and strengths on this journey..there is no one standard way in planning because people's circumstance differs. Hence why I gave the above counsel...

Because of the initial stress of settling down and navigating the waters of home and school, I would usually advise, where possible, the student comes ahead and when settled, then apply for the family members. However, if not, then plan either a partial move or total move. taking dependents to UK is big money oh. .any time I think of the money ehn, I have to remind myself of the purpose for this investment . it is well..God will ensure all our hearts desires are fully met.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:

So I don't need the TB test even if I land in naija now bah?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 11:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
I understand the anxiety but please save yourself the stress and apply from the UAE. It appears VFS is open so barring any delays in getting your CAS and/or bank statement, carry go.

Just be honest about the Canadian refusal.....that has nothing to do with the UK. You can even include a comment about you moving the funds to your Naija account because you were hoping to apply from Naija but Covid no gree you (if it makes you feel better).

Donracy:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2020
Risazii:
Thanks for the advice, my situation is a bit complicated because when I will be ready to come for the kids my husband will not be allowed to leave work that's why he will be applying with me.
Oh ok..that's real forward planning...it's still good then. Wish you all the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
Yup
Donracy:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
lol bros you’re already negative, wetin you still dey find? Even if the house tells you or IOM test comes out otherwise, what will you do? Nothing.
Just go for the test & hope for the best.
As someone suggested, you can still defer till January. It’s only 4 months apart. So just cross fingers & stop to dey worry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2020
I stan this
Oloshi83:
I understand the anxiety but please save yourself the stress and apply from the UAE. It appears VFS is open so barring any delays in getting your CAS and/or bank statement, carry go.

Just be honest about the Canadian refusal.....that has nothing to do with the UK. You can even include a comment about you moving the funds to your Naija account because you were hoping to apply from Naija but Covid no gree you (if it makes you feel better).

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 11:57pm On Jul 14, 2020
@Donracy, you have all the response you need and pointers on where information was gotten. If you are still worried, you can send an email citing all theses references from IOM and the closed airspace border to the school rep on your decision to do or not to do the TB test and submit your documents from the UAE.
Again as everyone has suggested be sincere and address the Canadian refusal in your application. Make sure your documents and information are authentic and genuine. Do not be worried about your view as a Nigerian in UAE with recent developments, systems are in place to appeal if anything goes wrong which i doubt.

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 3:16am On Jul 15, 2020
just4obitex:
As you can’t provide a solution, why didn’t you just save your advice, I never asked for it, and I didn’t quote you.

I provided solution.
The solution was: Read the email from the school.
Send messages to the school to seek clarification.
Then use any advise from Nairaland as ‘jara’
If you are too thick to recognise that that is sound advise, then sorry. I can’t help you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 5:06am On Jul 15, 2020
Thank you so much. I do appreciate

dduchess90:
@Donracy, you have all the response you need and pointers on where information was gotten. If you are still worried, you can send an email citing all theses references from IOM and the closed airspace border to the school rep on your decision to do or not to do the TB test and submit your documents from the UAE.
Again as everyone has suggested be sincere and address the Canadian refusal in your application. Make sure your documents and information are authentic and genuine. Do not be worried about your view as a Nigerian in UAE with recent developments, systems are in place to appeal if anything goes wrong which i doubt.

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Maze20(m): 6:01am On Jul 15, 2020
Elite4dollar kindly mail me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 6:14am On Jul 15, 2020
mimilyrics:
You will have to speak to the school you're applying to; you might be able to get a conditional offer pending when you can provide your transcript.

Thanks. I already have a conditional offer. I am only worried because I don't know when schools will be resuming.

If schools don't resume before the end of August, I don't know what will happen then.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 15, 2020
Good morning, Please anyone planning on schooling in Sheffield Hallam University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2020
@Elff You need to speak to your school about the situation and try to meet up the rest of any pending conditions on your offer letter. Some schools will accept your original certificate and allow you to enroll while waiting for your transcript.Especially with the COVID situation, i think a solid email to the administration team will do the work. Remember to set the ball rolling so that once your Undergrad school resumes admin activities, your transcript will be processed.

I noticed in your previous post you said you will switch courses during enrollment, please double check that this can be done before proceeding as well,some schools are really strict on this and some departments may require more information than the others. Confirm again that this is possible or request a new offer for your preferred choice

Cheers

ELff:

Thanks. I already have a conditional offer. I am only worried because I don't know when schools will be resuming.

If schools don't resume before the end of August, I don't know what will happen then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2020
Hi,

1.The IOM certificate will be in her name.

2.No it will not be rejected in the visa application because you will submit your marriage certificate which binds it all together and proves that she is your wife and dependant.

3.There's nothing to worry about

Cheers

Plus21:
pls gurus I need ur input.

my dependent is about going for tb test. her passport carries her pervious name.

my question is what name will be on her IOM certificate?

if its the name on the passport(name before marriage), won't this be rejected during visa application?

if its her name after marriage, will she be required to show any proof at iom why her current name is different from one on passport?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by remioshy(f): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2020
Hello everyone. Is anyone going to Northampton and received CAS, deposit was paid over a month ago and the CAS form was filled , they requested for my bank statement as proof that I have the funds which I submitted last week, they said CAS will be issued after 28 days and I will need to resubmit my bank statement showing the funds still there, I didn’t expect that as they never said, which means I can’t get CAS until early or mid August, will this not be late and before I now apply. God knows what the appointments will be like and waiting time to get one considering there will be lots of applications . What they said in the offer letter was to pay the deposit and CAS will be issued from June, now it’s another story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 9:56am On Jul 15, 2020
A friend sent this screenshot to me, she had her booking before the lockdown, guess it is going to be first for people who had their appointment cancelled before new applications.

Thought to share.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:08am On Jul 15, 2020
Good Morning ppl

I earlier chose a far date(Because of earlier uncertainties) for TB test in the mail they sent to me.

Now that the air is clear and I discovered something that might make me need it earlier. What is the best way to get a closer date?

Do I write on the previous mail that I want to chose a new date or I should write like I am just requesting afresh?

Response appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2020
Send an email, stating you had earlier been booked and request a new date if possible, your record is already on the system so starting afresh will mean two bookings.

Follow up with a phone call if you can and pray there is available slot

toyclicks:
Good Morning ppl

I earlier chose a far date(Because of earlier uncertainties) for TB test in the mail they sent to me.

Now that the air is clear and I discovered something that might make me need it earlier. What is the best way to get a closer date?

Do I write on the previous mail that I want to chose a new date or I should write like I am just requesting afresh?

Response appreciated.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.