Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089715 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akpesman: 10:57am On Jul 16, 2020
cerezo:
Hello folks,

Has anyone used the signed and stamped statement of account from GT Internet Banking for tier 4 visa application. Currently in the uk and plan to switch to tier 4 from within before July 31st.

In my case, I inquired from Gtbank and I printed mine online and sent it. It's accepted. Both the one printed from their branch and the one printed from self service are all pre signed and stamped. You can even send it directly to the embassy online banking.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2020
Thanks God bless you big time

mimilyrics:
No, you won't be able to take a dependant until it's time for the postgraduate part of your studies.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2020
fatfatty:
Hello house, is it possible i pay my tuition deposit from a friend's account with form A? My bank rate is on d high side. I plan to use stanbic bank but I don't av acct with them.

SAMDEEA123:

No you cannot because they will request your admission letter,degree certificate and passport data page. It must tally with the name in the account and BVN. You can hurriedly open an account with Stanbic IBTC. The rate for today dropped to 478.77 to a pounds sterling

I saw this and was bothered as I have similar consideration. So I decided to ask from my school rep

Btw, I consider Ecobank a Paleolithic bank undecided

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Yes you can but you'd need to prove that your situation is a serious or compelling family situation which would make it advantageous not to refuse your daughter's application. You must also have suitable arrangements in the UK for your daughter's care - check what options are available to you plus costs, creat a plan and detail this in your cover letter.
You'd also need your husband's written consent to take your daughter to the UK for the duration of your studies while citing the reasons for not coming as your dependant.
browneyes7:
Gurus in the house...

How can I apply for my daughter and I without my husband because he lives and works in US and does not plan to come live in the Uk but visit only till I finish my studies. Now the question is, how do I apply without him because part of tier 4 requirement is both parents have to apply.

Note: My daughter has a US passport.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:03am On Jul 16, 2020
If you're paying with form A, it has to be from your account or your parents'. Outside of form A, anyone can pay your fees as long as you're sure that payment is not from fraudulent sources because payments from fraudulent sources can come back to bite the student in the a**.
toyclicks:

I saw this and was bothered as I have similar consideration. So I decided to ask from my school rep

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:06am On Jul 16, 2020
Thanks, its better to be on a safe side

mimilyrics:
If you're paying with form A, it has to be from your account or your parents'. Outside of form A, anyone can pay your fees as long as you're sure that payment is not from fraudulent sources because payments from fraudulent sources can come back to bite the student in the a**.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Please which school accept HND for direct postgraduate?

Thanks for you response,God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:12pm On Jul 16, 2020
Check Roehampton Uni & Sheffield Hallam.
I know of two people that got MBA with HND.
Work experience supported their application
Mikeval001:
Please which school accept HND for direct postgraduate?

Thanks for you response,God bless you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cerezo: 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2020
Oloshi83:
UKVI definitely accept it for visiting visas so I would assume that’s the case for Tier 4. Hopefully, someone can confirm this.

Thanks everyone for the prompt response. I once used the online statement for uk visit visa too and it came out successful. Hopefully, it shouldn't be any different for tier-4.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fame2me79: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
chybabie:
Yeah....
Lets exchange contacts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fame2me79: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
kingfish101:
Who is going to Edinburgh this September? Let’s connect and link up

I am going. Kindly send a dm with your contact.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
God bless you in all ramifications

Skymoore1004:
Check Roehampton Uni & Sheffield Hallam.
I know of two people that got MBA with HND.
Work experience supported their application

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
Pls I want to ask if we'll need hard copy transcript for registration while in UK or we can just print photocopy of the original soft copy for the registration. I ask because I don't have the hard copy again except the soft copy on my mail

If needed, is student copy like the one we use for admission ok or we'll contact naija uni to send official transcript
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by browneyes7(f): 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes you can but you'd need to prove that your situation is a serious or compelling family situation which would make it advantageous not to refuse your daughter's application. You must also have suitable arrangements in the UK for your daughter's care - check what options are available to you plus costs, creat a plan and detail this in your cover letter.
You'd also need your husband's written consent to take your daughter to the UK for the duration of your studies while citing the reasons for not coming as your dependant.

Thank you very much smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
browneyes7:
Gurus in the house...

How can I apply for my daughter and I without my husband because he lives and works in US and does not plan to come live in the Uk but visit only till I finish my studies. Now the question is, how do I apply without him because part of tier 4 requirement is both parents have to apply.

Note: My daughter has a US passport.

That requirement is open to interpretation and in your case you can travel with your daughter without your husband.

You need a written consent letter from him and also an explanation as to why he will not be traveling with you, the reason you gave here is good enough..he lives and work in US so will not be able to leave his job to travel with you people but he will be visiting.

Contact your school to know if they have family facilities especially for single mums then include those info in your application...you will be fine.

Its important that you show that you have enough money for you and your daughter as well.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dayusin: 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2020
toyclicks:

Are you also going to the university of salford ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by browneyes7(f): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
justwise:

That requirement is open to interpretation and in your case you can travel with your daughter without your husband.

You need a written consent letter from him and also an explanation as to why he will not be traveling with you, the reason you gave here is good enough..he lives and work in US so will not be able to leave his job to travel with you people but he will be visiting.

Contact your school to know if they have family facilities especially for single mums then include those info in your application...you will be fine.

Its important that you show that you have enough money for you and your daughter as well.

Thank you very much @justwise. I really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
Yes, by God's grace

[Qquote author=dayusin post=91773477]

Are you also going to the university of salford ?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by everyevery: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
Pls is there any school I can apply for Msc currently in the Uk at this hour
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by everyevery: 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2020
I’m planning to apply for MSc now which school would not be too late by now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
everyevery:
I’m planning to apply for MSc now which school would not be too late by now

You have to use google to search for schools. Majority on this platform have gotten an offer and might not know which course (since you have not stated it) is open at the moment.

Take your time know which course you want to apply for and search for schools offering your course.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
Yes
Many of them
Even until mid August (sept start) or early September (oct start). But you will be rushed with tb, visa etc.
everyevery:
Pls is there any school I can apply for Msc currently in the Uk at this hour
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by everyevery: 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
@Aprokodaughter and skymoore thanks for your prompt response
I’m applying for MSc in Data science or Bioinformatics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
No wahala.
Just google “Msc Data Science or Msc Bioinformatics in UK”. You will literally see all the universities offering that programme. Then you can shorten the list by eg: removing the ones in Scotland or London etc.
After that, you can now start selecting the best in terms of tuition, programme accreditation, city, ranking, English requirements and other factors that may suit you.

Application is free, so you can apply to as many school are you wish. However be strategic and rank your choices accordingly. All the best.
everyevery:

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by girlsupersonic(f): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
hosey:

1. Since your friend will pay for NHS immigration surcharge, giving birth is free as you are eligible to use NHS with same right as citizens.

2. Why not just use one savings account and one dorm account for ease. If you insist, then you can use it. Ensure the total money does not decrease below the 28 day count. Write it in the additional information section in your visa application that you are using three accounts fotr proof. My fear is that they might miss the account if you do not state it explicitly,.

Thanks for your response.

What I mean is that what if she gives birth before travelling but has already received her visa. Will anything change?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
girlsupersonic:

What I mean is that what if she gives birth before travelling but has already received her visa. Will anything change?

The child wont need his or her own visa, passport and additional fees plus maintenance to show that is needed for an extra dependent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by girlsupersonic(f): 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
Woow that's more money for maintenance funds right? I hope she won't have to wait another 28 days for the baby visa application wheew

dduchess90:
First. Congratulations to your friend, this is a tricky one but my guess it she might need to apply for a tier 4 dependant visa for the baby. Not sure there is a proper advice on babies born outside the UK but I know they have for inside the UK (I am assuming the baby will be born in Nigeria) if not, then NHS covers delivery in the UK

2. Ensure these bank statements are reflected in your visa application. Read through https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-application-for-uk-visa-as-tier-4-student maintenance funds bit

More people will advice on this......

Goodluck

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2020
everyevery:

You're welcome all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
girlsupersonic:

The child will need to apply for dependant visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
gsk4reality:
Just call the IOM tb test office now. Was told the test fee is 57800 naira.
You can book any day (I guess work days) from the 21st of June.
The lady asked for the age of the person doing the test. I guess that determines ao much one will pay...
Seriously that's much o...
Didn't think I will pay that much at all...

Please, Does the TB result has a specific time before it expires or it doesn't expire once done.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

Please, Does the TB result has a specific time before it expires or it doesn't expire once done.

6 months expiry , for uk. So you have to use within that time frame

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Plus21: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
pls anyone going to university of Bradford this September?

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.