Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102138 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ologtheo(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
Good evening

Please can a fixed deposit bank certificate be submitted instead of account bank statement at the school and embassy.

Thanks for your responses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
I would suggest that you liquidate the fixed deposit and put it in a regular current or savings account.

Prior to 2016 when the guidance changed, certificates of deposit were acceptable in the prescribed manner (must not be frozen or inaccessible) as long as they were issued within 31 days of your application and covering the 28 days preceeding your visa payment online.

Now the guidance does not explicitly mention fixed deposits and the areas of the guidance that imply it can be interpreted either way by the ECO.
Ologtheo:
Good evening

Please can a fixed deposit bank certificate be submitted instead of account bank statement at the school and embassy.

Thanks for your responses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 7:04am On Jul 27, 2020
Hello house,

I am not sure what is happening I need advice.

I just got an email from my school that the course I was admitted to has been suspended ( mind you I have already paid 4000 pounds and in process of applying for CAS). Though I was offered another course which to me is not a problem.

In the new admission letter it was stated that the course will be conducted ONLINE, and that induction and welcome will be on campus.

Please I am a bit worried, is this not going to be an issue when I finally apply for my visa?

I am thinking of applying to a new school at the moment.

Please I have a HND should anyone with info on schools I can apply to for Masters or PG program in Finance, Accounting or Bus Admin, do send me link.

Thank you very much and good luck to everyone.

Sheffield Hallam University (for Masters program. They accept HND).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Jul 27, 2020
BouharryArtikou:

You may not like it, but there is nothing wrong with me pointing someone to the source for information.
Is there something wrong with asking someone to get knowledge, rather than opinion?

BouharryArtikou:
Please I am new here.
I just got admission to the University of Cambridge. I had applied to Oxford too. Is Cambridge a good university? Or do I wait and see the Oxford outcome?
Thanks for your suggestions please

Last year you came here to ask this question up here, why did you not contact Cambridge university to ask this question?

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2020
Hi guys.
I just stumbled on this thread this morning. Happy to be here. I would like to go in for Masters in corporate communication, public relations or journalism. Basically any communication related course.
Please can someone point me to any uni that offers these with a fair tuition fee and installment payments?

Also, can a person enrol for a course that is in a different field from what was studied in the first degree? Thinking of switching to IT(information systems to be precise) if possible but my Bsc is in Mass communication.

I don't know if my questions are stupid, if they are pls bear with me and just answer. I'm new to this process. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Jul 27, 2020
BouharryArtikou:

You want to descend on me for offering my advice?
Descend, as in Descend?

Did I insult or abuse you in any way?

You said anyone who has experience. And you want to descend on me for helping out from my own experience?

Justwise. You are a moderator on this forum. Hasn’t this guy broken rule no 3?

If you want me to ban him for that then I have to ban you for this as well....
BouharryArtikou:

Shut up, you.
You keep asking stupid questions. And people are taking their time to answer. And you have the gumption to accuse someone of being too harsh?
Yes, you cannot be spoon-fed.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rotimi89: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2020
Acuna91:

Hello pros in the house

The maintenance + school fees money will be in your account for 28 days before which application? Visa application? Or your actual interview date?

Also for someone that is applying for a two years masters, is it also compulsory to show both IST year and 2nd year tuition together?

Please anybody that have a genuine answer should help with a response. Thanks

Your statement must not be Older than 30days before you submit your application. You also only need to show the 1st year tuition only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lianalexa: 7:49am On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
A company can only qualify as a financial sponsor if it's an international/multinational company. You don't need a bank statement for this, a stamped letter of sponsorship in the prescribed UKVI format on the organization's letterhead clearly showing at least 2 of the company's locations in 2 different countries is all that you need. They must have a website with their international operating addresses stated.
The following details must be in the letter:
1. your name, date of birth, passport details.
2. the name and contact details of your official financial sponsor;
3. the date of the letter;
4. the length of your sponsorship; and
5. the amount of money the sponsor is giving to you or a statement that your official financial sponsor will cover all of your fees and living costs.
Note: the sponsorship amount must be clearly stated (to avoid a refusal) and the company's addresses must be clearly shown on the letterhead.
You might also be asked why the company is sponsoring you and if you personally know anyone in the company during your tier 4 visa interview.

Thanks you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 27, 2020
Dandilion:
Hi guys.
I just stumbled on this thread this morning. Happy to be here. I would like to go in for Masters in corporate communication, public relations or journalism. Basically any communication related course.
Please can someone point me to any uni that offers these with a fair tuition fee and installment payments?

Also, can a person enrol for a course that is in a different field from what was studied in the first degree? Thinking of switching to IT(information systems to be precise) if possible but my Bsc is in Mass communication.

I don't know if my questions are stupid, if they are pls bear with me and just answer. I'm new to this process. Thanks.
You can switch to IT
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 27, 2020
Dandilion:
Hi guys.

Sheffield Hallam University, they have good media courses and their fees is okay.

They offer Public Relations (which I am going for in September), Journalism, Media Communication.

Their Public Relations is accredited that's why I accepted their offer. You can apply it takes two weeks before they get back to you on your application.

For other schools who are offering Public Relations Try:

De Monfort University
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Queen Margaret University
Sunderland University
Bournemouth University(not sure)
Solent University
Greenwich University

(Make sure their public relations is accredited by cipr (Chartered Institute of Public Relations) or prca (Public Relations and Communication Academy)

Journalism: lots of schools are offering this course but make sure the one you pick is accredited by BJTC (Broadcast Journalism Training Council) or NJTC(National Council for the Training of Journalist).

All accredited bodies I mentioned have their own website so you can check which school is accredited.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:05am On Jul 27, 2020
You can switch courses, doesn’t have to be the same field as your first degree. Management Information Systems and/or Information Systems should be OK.

For the Communication/Public Relations/Journalism course, I remember seeing someone on here talk about going to Sheffield Hallam to study Journalism or a related course. I believe it’s Aprokodaughter. Search for her handle and read her messages.

Also try Birmingham City Uni, Sunderland, Glasgow Caledonian Uni, Bournemouth...those are some of the typical ‘fair tuition fee’ Unis.

Also go through a few pages on here and use Dr Google.

Dandilion:
Hi guys.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Sheffield Hallam University, they have good media courses and their fees is okay.

They offer Public Relations (which I am going for in September), Journalism, Media Communication.

Their Public Relations is accredited that's why I accepted their offer. You can apply it takes two weeks before they get back to you on your application.

For other schools who are offering Public Relations Try:

De Monfort University
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Queen Margaret University
Sunderland University
Bournemouth University(not sure)
Solent University
Greenwich University

(Make sure their public relations is accredited by cipr (Chartered Institute of Public Relations) or prca (Public Relations and Communication Academy)

Journalism: lots of schools are offering this course but make sure the one you pick is accredited by BJTC (Broadcast Journalism Training Council) or NJTC(National Council for the Training of Journalist).

All accredited bodies I mentioned have their own website so you can check which school is accredited.

Thank you so much. Please can I send you a PM?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2020
Oloshi83:
You can switch courses, doesn’t have to be the same field as your first degree. Management Information Systems and/or Information Systems should be OK.

For the Communication/Public Relations/Journalism course, I remember seeing someone on here talk about going to Sheffield Hallam to study Journalism or a related course. I believe it’s Aprokodaughter. Search for her handle and read her messages.

Also try Birmingham City Uni, Sunderland, Glasgow Caledonian Uni, Bournemouth...those are some of the typical ‘fair tuition fee’ Unis.

Also go through a few pages on here and use Dr Google.

She even replied me. Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2020
onecoder:

You can switch to IT

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2020
Dandilion:

Thank you so much. Please can I send you a PM?

Yes, you can send a pm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:39am On Jul 27, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Yes, you can send a pm.

Aprokodaughter, we must share this Sheffield Hallam student ambassador money oh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by reincarnation: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2020
So airline will request for covid-19 result, and that costs 50k. It is well with 2020 angry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2020
reincarnation:
So airline will request for covid-19 result, and that costs 50k. It is well with 2020 angry

Are you serious?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2020
reincarnation:

Source?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 10:03am On Jul 27, 2020
I just booked for appointment and got 3rd September. Will i be required to upload a recent bank statement since the one I used to get CAS was printed this July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2020
3rd Sept? shocked

You mean visa interview appointment?

IsJustGrace:
I just booked for appointment and got 3rd September. Will i be required to upload a recent bank statement since the one I used to get CAS was printed this July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2020
toyclicks:
3rd Sept? shocked

You mean visa interview appointment?

Yes, Ikeja Lagos centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 10:19am On Jul 27, 2020
IsJustGrace:

Ha is this lagos or abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2020
Akchi32:
I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. I've been on it for two days also. Please let's know if you've had similar challenge before and how it was resolved. Thanks.

Keeping going forward till you get to where time will appear, then you know it is free and you click on it.
The first date that will appear will be 27th July, continue clicking on next till you see the one with time and it will fall between Tues, Wed and Thurs.
If it is filled up, it will be showing SOLD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2020
Yes, you will. The statement that you submitted to your school for CAS doesn't include the mandatory 28 days preceding the online submission of your visa application.

IsJustGrace:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 10:31am On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=mimilyrics post=92155118]Yes, you will. The statement that you submitted to your school for CAS doesn't include the mandatory 28 days preceding the online submission of your visa application.

[/quote

It does, I printed from 16th June to 14th July which is exactly 28days and my Teesside University also confirmed it by mailing my bank for verification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2020
The statement should be 28 days before you submit your visa application online, not 28 days before you get your CAS. Or did you submit your visa application on July 14? You can use the statement if you submitted your application on July 14.

IsJustGrace:
It does, I printed from 16th June to 14th July which is exactly 28days and my Teesside University also confirmed it by mailing my bank for verification.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2020
Thanks but I've tried it several times and it just won't show the time. The time only appear when I'm searching with my dependants profile.
I'll keep trying though.

IsJustGrace:

Keeping going forward till you get to where time will appear, then you know it is free and you click on it.
The first date that will appear will be 27th July, continue clicking on next till you see the one with time and it will fall between Tues, Wed and Thurs.
If it is filled up, it will be showing SOLD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EkeneMiriam: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
As a married woman, you're not obliged to change your name if you don't want to (UKVI understands this) and it doesn't affect your marital status when filling forms. You can use your maiden name and tick the married box.

Since your maiden name is on all your documents (including passport and account) and you don't want to get a new passport in your husband's last name, just fill in your maiden name on your visa application form and select married and input your husband's details.

In this case, you don't need your wedding certificate except your hubby is applying with you since all your legal documents have the same name on them.

You’ve been of great help
Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2020
mattfeuter:

Aprokodaughter, we must share this Sheffield Hallam student ambassador money oh grin grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EkeneMiriam: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2020
Hi everyone
Please has anyone been gotten an appointment for the tuberculosis test?

I paid and sent a mail to them since I am in Lagos and there’s no link to book like that of Abuja. I haven’t heard from them though.
How long does it take them to get back to people who sent a mail to book an appointment.

Also if I am not doing the right thing please let me know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
The statement should be 28 days before you submit your visa application online, not 28 days before you get your CAS. Or did you submit your visa application on July 14? You can only use the statement if you submitted your application on July 14 and your biometrics appointment is on Aug 13-14.

If you submit the same statement you used in getting your CAS, your application will be refused because the period between you requesting the statement from your banks, getting your CAS and actually applying online will be missing from the statement.

I printed my statement on 14th July
Got my CAS on 24th July
Submitted my visa application on 26th July.
Got biometric date of 3rd September.
Teesside University wrote on my CAS letter that i should apply with same statement within 31days from the day i printed it which i have done and uploaded.
Since my biometric is on 3rd September, will i require to print another on my biometric day?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.