Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094558 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:52am On Jul 27, 2020
IsJustGrace:
I just booked for appointment and got 3rd September. Will i be required to upload a recent bank statement since the one I used to get CAS was printed this July?

The dates are taken very seriously
.....so make sure the bank statement you submit is within 30days of the time you submit your visa application. Don't confuse that with the Cas. The cas requirements or your school requirements and the embassy requirement and two very different and separate things

Since you have CAS great. Then focus on what the embassy requirements now and don't mix the two up

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2020
Please don't waste your application fees or jeopardize your application with a mistake that can be avoided because even AR wouldn't fix this.

Your statement should be 28 days preceding your application which in your case will be from about June 28-July 26. The statement can be printed and used within 30 days of you printing it from your bank i.e. if you print your statement from June 28 or 27 - July 26 (or beyond if you wish. The ECO will count 28 days backwards from your submission date) on Aug 4.

That your school said it's okay doesn't mean that you can. The statement doesn't capture the 28 days prior to your online submission; it only captures the 28 days prior to you submitting it to your school for your CAS and there have been days unaccounted for in that statement before you submitted your online application.
If you don't print a statement capturing the 28 days prior to the online submission of your application, your application will be refused.

You can print a new statement closer to your appointment but it must capture the 28 days prior to your online application submission which in your case is around June 28 - July 26; you can print from June 27 or 26 to be on the safe side.

PS: if the money dipped in any way in the days prior to your online submission, pls cancel your current application + visa appointment (you'll be refunded since you've not registered your biometrics) and start your 28-day count again before submitting new application. No offense intended with this pls.
IsJustGrace:

I printed my statement on 14th July
Got my CAS on 24th July
Submitted my visa application on 26th July.
Got biometric date of 3rd September.
Teesside University wrote on my CAS letter that i should apply with same statement within 31days from the day i printed it which i have done and uploaded.
Since my biometric is on 3rd September, will i require to print another on my biometric day?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2020
Has anyone gotten CAS from UoChester? How long after payment did you wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 11:32am On Jul 27, 2020
I've finally booked for 4th August. Thanks.

For those who are finding it difficult to book an appointment, please keeping trying you'll definitely find a date.

Akchi32:
Thanks but I've tried it several times and it just won't show the time. The time only appear when I'm searching with my dependants profile.
I'll keep trying though.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 11:38am On Jul 27, 2020
[quote author=Akchi32 post=92157174]I've finally booked for 4th August. Thanks.

For those who are finding it difficult to book an appointment, please keeping trying you'll definitely find a date.

[/quote

Is it Lagos or Abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2020
Is like anything Abuja is faster than lagos.or is just my assumption? Thinking if booking my appointment in Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2020
Hello House, I am thinking of staying with family friends for the 2 weeks quarantine in London before heading to Coventry. Do you guys think it will be acceptable? Just thinking ahead..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 11:58am On Jul 27, 2020
Ikeja, Lagos.

[quote author=IsJustGrace post=92157360][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please I need expert opinions... Does working from home (online on freelance platforms), irrespective of the number of hours or amount of money made in the process invalidate the terms of a Tier 4 Visa?

Cc: justwise, dduchess90, lagosismyhome
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Akchi32:
Thanks but I've tried it several times and it just won't show the time. The time only appear when I'm searching with my dependants profile.
I'll keep trying though.

Mine will also only show time when I use my dependants account. I have even scrolled until December, Nothing. I am at the TSL contact center in VI now, but they are not open today until tomorrow.

I am confused about this appointment thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
Please don't waste your application fees or jeopardize your application with a mistake that can be avoided because even AR wouldn't fix this.

Your statement should be 28 days preceding your application which in your case will be from about June 28-July 26. The statement can be printed and used within 31 days of you printing it from your bank i.e. if you print your statement from June 28 or 27 - July 26 (or beyond if you wish) on Aug 4, you can use it for your Sept appointment since it's still within the 31 days validity.

That your school said it's okay doesn't mean that you can. The statement doesn't capture the 28 days prior to your online submission; it only captures the 28 days prior to you submitting it to your school for your CAS and there have been days unaccounted for in that statement before you submitted your online application.
If you don't print a statement capturing the 28 days prior to the online submission of your application, your application will be refused.

You can print a new statement closer to your appointment but it must capture the 28 days prior to your online application submission which in your case is around June 28 - July 26; you can print from June 27 or 26 to be on the safe side.

PS: if the money dipped in any way in the days leading up to your online submission, pls cancel your current application + visa appointment (you'll be refunded since you've not registered your biometrics) and start your 28-day count again before submitting new application. No offense intended with this pls.

Please, I am a bit confused with the explanation.
For instance, I print my bank statement on 2nd of August then go ahead to do the visa online application on the 10th of August and the available date for the biometric submission is 15th September, will I have to reprint another bank statement before going to VAC on 15th September? I don't want to make mistakes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RealBae: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2020
Please i already sent dm
Kindly check and help me with the regional office information

Thank you

peterveo:
I think you should try and contact their regional office regarding the delay. Send a DM so I forward the details to you.
Yes, I got an unconditional offer from them for September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2020
AWFCNAIJA:
Please I need expert opinions... Does working from home (online on freelance platforms), irrespective of the number of hours or amount of money made in the process invalidate the terms of a Tier 4 Visa?

Not a good idea considering the consequences if you get caught.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pwettyhardey(f): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Is there anyone going to University of Licoln?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
So Fiverrs won't even be a good idea either?

justwise:

Not a good idea considering the consequences if you get caught.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Akchi32:
I've finally booked for 4th August. Thanks.

Pls what did you differently that made the dates appear? Pls help me. Pls can I send you an email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fakmurphy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2020
Thanks for your advice. My plan is to convert to Tier2 later after studying not that I am a bookworm or something, and from your explanation is like both routes (MBA and PhD) might offer such. For some personal reasons (Especially financial) I have my reservation for a Ph.D., I do not want to start something that I might not have the financial strength to complete thereby putting all years effort in jeopardy. However, the reason for seeking your advice is owing to the fact that I have had a Master's degree in the UK in 2015, and a little bit worried if this MBA Tier 4 visa would fly considering the academic progression rules among others from UKBA.

mamacajah:

First of all, congrats on your PHD admission..I Hail oh..That is so awesome! shocked.
However, my advise is based on two factors...
Are you lookingfor a faster way to get tier-2 sponsorship or really love school and want to get a PHD?
For the first option, you can either go for the 2 year MBA or start your PHD, apply for a job and change tier-4 to tier 2 in your 2nd or 3rd year of studies...
For the second you could complete the PHD and get a job as a lecturer ..also note that PHD now has 3 years PSW..so it's also a god option to take.

In summary, decide exactly your purpose for going to the UK. No one can categorically say if its easier to get a job with the MBA after completion than with the PHD...everything depends on your capability and how you could utilise the opportunities available to you... wish you the best...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2020
Yes it does invalidate the terms, just like working above 20 hours. You’re not supposed to (according to the rules), but man must survive. It would be best if you could use a Nigerian bank account.

If not, you still use your U.K. account to receive payments. You can own one or more U.K. accounts as well.
Eg : NatWest & Barclays or NatWest but two savings account.

Tbh, it’s rare for you to be “caught”.
Infact I’ve never heard of anyone all through my stay and after that got in trouble with immigration because of self employment. I may be wrong acc to some users here but I’m sure home office got better things to do than clamp on people doing freelance work to survive.

Just be cautious and thread carefully smiley

AWFCNAIJA:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
If you do that, the bank statement won't reflect the amount you require for the 28 days before your application.

Aug 3-10 (which is part of the 28-day count) will not be shown on your statement and will lead to a refusal of your application because the ECO will state that you've not shown that the money you rely on is truly available to you because you've not held the money for the 28 days preceding your application.
Arhmiee:

Please, I am a bit confused with the explanation.
For instance, I print my bank statement on 2nd of August then go ahead to do the visa online application on the 10th of August and the available date for the biometric submission is 15th September, will I have to reprint another bank statement before going to VAC on 15th September? I don't want to make mistakes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
It's self employment and that's not allowed under Tier 4 rules. Some people might have done it and gotten away with it but you might not be so lucky.
AWFCNAIJA:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Uber would have been the thing for me
I wanted to even get an international driver's license before leaving
But on learning about its contradiction to tier 4 rules undecided

Skymoore1004:
Yes it does invalidate the terms, just like working above 20 hours. You’re not supposed to (according to the rules), but man must survive. It would be best if you could use a Nigerian bank account.

If not, you still use your U.K. account to receive payments. You can own one or more U.K. accounts as well.
Eg : NatWest & Barclays or NatWest but two savings account.

Tbh, it’s rare for you to be “caught”.
Infact I’ve never heard of anyone all through my stay and after that got in trouble with immigration because of self employment. I may be wrong acc to some users here but I’m sure home office got better things to do than clamp on people doing freelance work to survive.

Just be cautious and thread carefully smiley

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
I kept trying by the hour. Just keeping checking their site.

garuskoko:

Pls what did you differently that made the dates appear? Pls help me. Pls can I send you an email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
Tbh, I’m not sure if Uber classifies under self employment or does it? I think it falls under part time employment as a student than self employment.

Even if it does and you’re interested in a driving job, there are loads of U.K. owned taxi/driving companies that can employ you. I know that Pakistanis/ Indian students do all this driving jobs but I don’t know the process or documents involved.

toyclicks:
Uber would have been the thing for me
I wanted to even get an international driver's license before leaving
But on learning about its contradiction to tier 4 rules undecided

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
@mimilyrics @justwise

The account statement I used to get a CAS is from 9th June to 7th July. submitted my visa application on 20th of July, submitted my documents on tlscontact website on the 24th of July (with a statement of account running from 9th June to 22nd July). my appointment date is August 6th. I also intend attending the biometrics with the statement I submitted and I fresh one running from 9th June to August 5th.

Hope I'm Good to Go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
It does. See an explanation in the link below;
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/international/immigration/tier4/working/self_employment_examples.pdf

Driving a taxi requires getting private hire licence from a council or TFL as the case may be; costs about £95 but this varies and depends on a range of factors.

Skymoore1004:
Tbh, I’m not sure if Uber classifies under self employment or does it? I think it falls under part time employment as a student than self employment.

Even if it does and you’re interested in a driving job, there are loads of U.K. owned taxi/driving companies that can employ you. I know that Pakistanis/ Indian students do all this driving jobs but I don’t know the process or documents involved.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
Alright I see.
I guess he can work with just regular U.K. taxi companies? Like the city ones etc Blueline or Hatfield Taxis? Or are they also under Gig Economy jobs?
mimilyrics:
It does. See an explanation in the link below;
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/international/immigration/tier4/working/self_employment_examples.pdf

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
If he has to work as a taxi driver, it should be more like a part-employment where the employer treats him like an employer, not an independent contractor. Plus if the company is deducting the driver's NI contributions and tax and remitting to HMRC for the driver and evidenced in a pay slip, it can't be termed a gig economy job anymore.

Uber drivers termed gig economy because they are responsible for paying their own taxes and National Insurance contributions and must also complete a self-assessment tax return each year. Any job that allows you to do this falls under self-employment.

I'm don't know about blueline taxi but it depends largely on the employment terms as outlined above.

Skymoore1004:
Alright I see.
I guess he can work with just regular U.K. taxi companies? Like the city ones etc Blueline or Hatfield Taxis? Or are they also under Gig Economy jobs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
If you do that, the bank statement won't reflect the amount you require for the 28 days before your application.

Aug 3-10 (which is part of the 28-day count) will not be shown on your statement and will lead to a refusal of your application because the ECO will state that you've not shown that the money you rely on is truly available to you because you've not held the money for the 28 days preceding your application.

You'll need to print your statement on the day you submit or anytime after that as long as the statement is not older than 31 days on the day of your biometrics.

Thanks for your reply. So that means I have to print my bank statement on the same day I am filling my online visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
Cc : toyclicks here you go smiley.
In summary you can still do a taxi job, just not Uber & likes.
mimilyrics:
If he has to work as a taxi driver, it should be more like a part-employment where the employer treats him like an employer, not an independent contractor. Plus if the company is deducting the driver's NI contributions and tax and remitting to HMRC for the driver and evidenced in a pay slip, it can't be termed a gig economy job anymore.

Uber drivers are responsible for paying their own taxes and National Insurance contributions and must also complete a self-assessment tax return each year.

I'm don't know about blueline taxi but it depends largely on the employment terms as outlined above.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BouharryArtikou: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Last year you came here to ask this question up here, why did you not contact Cambridge university to ask this question?

Eyaaah......
No wonder, El-Nathan John wrote that satire is dead in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.