Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093910 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by donchukey: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2020
Fidelity bank sent a mail last night reducing the spending limit to 300 USD monthly. What is this country turning into? If access takes the same route then it will be hard times for international students

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Goddys(m): 6:59am On Aug 10, 2020
bisi16:

Napier here.

did you apply directly or used their representative?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Goddys(m): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2020
aivewobhor:
For those that have paid for visa fee, can you please state the bank that has $1000 monthly limit apart from access bank. Am paying $1620 for my visa fee and HIS for two years. Access bank rate is just too much. Has anyone used Firstbank or zenith bank or fidelity bank. Your responds will be welcome. Thanks

please what's the breakdown of the IHS and visa fee that amounted to $1620
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 8:07am On Aug 10, 2020
Greetings
How was banned for ten year and the ban has finished and now I wanted to apply for student UK visa. Please I need advice on how to package my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 8:10am On Aug 10, 2020
Greetings
How was banned for ten year and the ban has finished and now I wanted to apply for student UK visa. Please I need advice on how to package my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mayor10(m): 8:17am On Aug 10, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders,
I am looking forward to starting my msc come January.
Please I need information on how to apply for tier 4 Visa . The requirements and necessary information.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by donchukey: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2020
Blissideas:

Greetings

Wetin you do when them ban you? You tell them exactly what has happened previously. What will be will be
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 10, 2020
Good morning all. Please does anyone know about a descent hotel or guest house that is affordable and close to the TLS Abuja? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2020
Part 4 by Blissideas: 8:07am
Greetings
How was banned for ten year and the ban has finished and now I wanted to apply for student UK visa. Please I need advice on how to package my application. Do you i need to use Immigration lawyer or not? Pls enlighten me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2020
I apply for student visa in 2008 so my sponsor dont have Tax clearance, I used fake tax clearance. Do I need to use immigration lawyer or not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2020
1. Does the scholarship cover your tuition and maintenance? If it does, you don't need your bank statement but if it covers just your tuition, you'd need to show your maintenance in your bank account for 28 days before applying.

3. This is dependant on your personal preference. Does the scholarship cover your dependants? If the school is sponsoring your accomodation, will it suitable for your family? Would you like to settle in before you bring them over or would you rather you settle in together? The answer to this will guide you on when you'd like them to apply.
If you go with them, you'd be paying a little extra for your temporary accommodation (hotel / AirBnB) but you will have company to help with home sickness grin and if you don't, it means that you don't have to worry about the stress of house hunting and the initial settling in period on them. That way when they come to the UK, there's ready accommodation and settling-in information for them.
I'd advice that they apply after you settle in (to reduce the stress of settling in) but that's advice based on my own preference. You can choose to apply together and navigate settling in the UK as a family.

4. I'm not sure I quite understand this. Put in place as per documents or UK accomodation / school arrangements for your kids?
Ykaa:
Hello everyone,

I would love to have your advice on some questions.

1. I was fortunate to secure a full scholarship to study at the University of Liverpool. Would I still need to attach my bank statement to my UK visa application if I am applying alone?

2. Is anyone here currently at or about to start their studies at the University of Liverpool? I'm hoping we could link up.

3. I wish to go with my family (4 including myself), would you advise we apply at the same time or sequentially?

4. If we want to leave for the UK at the same time, what would advise we put in place?

Thanks for your kind efforts and best regards.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:49am On Aug 10, 2020
Ibromoney:
Is there walk-in without appointment in TLS? How much please?

I really don't know...sorry for late reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2020
mayor10:
Good morning Nairalanders,
I am looking forward to starting my msc come January.
Please I need information on how to apply for tier 4 Visa . The requirements and necessary information.
Thanks
See quoted comment below.

mimilyrics:
You can get a T4 visa despite your US refusals; just ensure you state them + the reasons (if any) in your application, ensure that all your documents meet UKVI requirements and prepare for your credibility interview (knowledge about your accomodation & transport options, course & school in addition to not giving generic answers during your interview and confidence during your interview are important).

Read the links below for more info and if you have questions, post them here and anyone who's available will answer them:
Nottingham has explained the Tier 4 Visa process in this link and there's a link to the T4 official guidance in the explanation (take note that the maintenance quoted is for outside London): https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/visa-help/10-steps.aspx

Information on how to apply is here on UKVI site: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

Cost:
1. Visa fee - £348

2. IHS - £300 per year; goes up to £470 in October. You can use the IHS checker in this link to calculate your IHS fees: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type
You'll pay extra IHS for ¹/² year for the extra 4-6 months you'll be granted after your course end date though.

3. TB test from IOM N57,800

Required documents / information for your application:
1. Your CAS information from your school; this information will be filled in your visa application form. Your CAS will also show all the documents that you need to submit with your application.
2. TB test certificate.
3. Documents listed in your CAS.
4. Finance: your tuition fee/balance + maintenance )£1015 monthly *9 for outside London and £1,265*9 monthly for London).
If your course is for more than one year, you only need to show your course fees for 1 year and maintenance for 9 months.

How to show tuition balance and/or maintenance:
A. Your bank statement: This money must be in your account or your parents' for at least 28 days before the day you submit your application online. You will upload your statement to show this.
B. Official financial sponsorship letter from an international company/organisation, the Nigerian govt, the British govt or your T4 sponsor (school). A sponsorship letter will be required except in the case of a scholarship from your school; scholarship from your school will be detailed in your CAS.
C. Loan: must be from a bank regulated by the financial regulators in the country in which the money is held. A loan letter within the 6 months before the date you submit your online application will be required.

Document submission:
After you submit your online application, you will need to pay your IHS, then visa fee before you can select an appointment.
Once you select an appointment, you can select self-upload which is free or assisted upload which costs N11,700.
If you select self-upload, you must upload clear and legible scans of all your documents (preferably in colour since this will closely look like the original). You can upload documents up till the day of your biometrics appointment. You can scan and save your documents in pdf format using the TinyScanner App
If you select the assisted upload, the VAC staff will take care of the scans + uploads for you.
If I missed out anything in the list above, I'll update as soon as I remember.
You can watch the video by TLS in the link below for a step-by-step explanation on the visa application process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ69oswmeyk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 9:03am On Aug 10, 2020
Lol. Thanks for your response. You don't have to say sorry. I am not paying you for the service. You are just being kind to always be of assistance. Cheers.
justwise:

I really don't know...sorry for late reply

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 9:03am On Aug 10, 2020
The question is not whether to use an immigration lawyer or not. Have the situation that made you result to using a sponsor with a fake tax clearance changed.

If so, 1. Do you have admission 2. Do you have the necessary tuition funds and maintenance 3. Have you gotten your CAS and started processing other relevant documents like TB etc.

We don't advice using lawyers or agents here, if you are SINCERE this time, you can do it by yourself. Be ready to address the BAN situation too

Cheers

Blissideas:
I apply for student visa in 2008 so my sponsor dont have Tax clearance, I used fake tax clearance. Do I need to use immigration lawyer or not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 9:25am On Aug 10, 2020
I have my admission and I have all the tuition fund, maintainance, I will get my CAS anytime soon and my TB appointment is 17th of this month.

If so, 1. Do you have admission 2. Do you have the necessary tuition funds and maintenance 3. Have you gotten your CAS and started processing other relevant documents like TB etc.

We don't advice using lawyers or agents here, if you are SINCERE this time, you can do it by yourself. Be ready to address the BAN situation too

Cheers

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:40am On Aug 10, 2020
Blissideas:
I have my admission and I have all the tuition fund, maintainance, I will get my CAS anytime soon and my TB appointment is 17th of this month.

Cheers

Seems you already know the drill. . . .

No more fake document/s this time around, you don’t want 20 years ban on your resume. . . . Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2020
duchess90:
Sad you are still looking for this.. That tells alot already

My hand no dey

Lol

What’s the worse that can happen?

Highest , he’ll reapply. . . 2030 is just around the corner you know grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by thofunmie: 10:07am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello house
Please anyone going to university of Sunderland September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by asatin007: 10:24am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello gurus in the house. Please I have a few questions

1. When asked “what do you do currently”, is it okay to say I work as a finance officer for a marketing company or I work as a finance officer for Tagora(Not real company name)

2. For those of us who have plans to arrange our accommodation upon arrival in the UK, what is the best answer for “Where will you be staying”

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KellyEyimofe: 10:29am On Aug 10, 2020
Citi Lodge Hotel, (5k - 7k) Behind Conoil filling station Area 1, ( Same road with Old Federal secretariat) 350 naira by Uber, 200 by taxi

stjoan:
Good morning all. Please does anyone know about a descent hotel or guest house that is affordable and close to the TLS Abuja? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 10:34am On Aug 10, 2020
ZabethMay:
Hello house, I’m new here. Anyone going to UWE? I’d be applying for my visa online tomorrow.

Glad to be part of this group x

UWE here for January intake. Good luck with your application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by femiwaju: 10:50am On Aug 10, 2020
missnigeria:

Yes Napier
hi i just sent you a mail kindly respond
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 11:06am On Aug 10, 2020
mattfeuter:

Lol

What’s the worse that can happen?

Highest , he’ll reapply. . . 2030 is just around the corner you know grin grin

Hahahahahaha!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by qonfupanda: 11:11am On Aug 10, 2020
Hello House,
Good morning, am done with the TLS application which I chose self service. I cant find where to upload my documents.
Please help a soul .
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.