Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,274 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087962 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
I meant you still have to show balance for visa cuz CAS will only show the £1k you paid. So even though you’re paying less for deposit, it doesn’t help much. Some pple always assume you just pay deposit & only show maintenance fee, so they always want low deposit Universities.
Aprokodaughter:

Sheffield Hallam did not ask for my bank statement. Although I don't know if they will ask for January intake. Firstlady00
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KellyEyimofe: 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
Federal Marriage Registry.
(From experience)

Messyodi:
Good morning house.

Which marriage certificate is more ideal to upload for your supporting documents. A marriage cert from an Anglican church or a local government registery? Or should i just upload both?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I meant you still have to show balance for visa cuz CAS will only show the £1k you paid. So even though you’re paying less for deposit, it doesn’t help much. Some pple always assume you just pay deposit & only show maintenance fee, so they always want low deposit Universities.

Okay I understand now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2020
But you know that after paying the £2k deposit, you will still show the remaining school fees +maintenance fee for you & the kids? Is still the same thing as paying £4K only that you will show less tuition balance. I don’t know if you understand my point sad

You can try Sheffield Hallam, BCU, Bournemouth they’re all within the 2000 range. If I find more, I will holla.
Firstlady00:

Yeah I get you now. No problem. Thanks for the schools you listed. I got offer from conventry and East London but they deposit is 4000 so I need something 2000 because I’d be going with my two kids and I need enough money in the statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
DrSkofid:
try Skyscanner (www.skyscanner.net)

Sir, are they very reliable? Hope they won't fail me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukieinyang: 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good Day Everyone, I have paid £1000 in a university but I got another offer in another university and I have made deposit payment in this new uni and received my CAS.
My question is, please can someone tell me a valid reason to state to the university I won’t be attending again to apply for my £1000 deposit?
I need reasons that are obtainable that won’t seem flimsy and lead to denial of my refund.
Please I will appreciate your responses as I need the £1000 for other bills.
Thank you all for your response in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skyscanner is solid.
Also check out travelstart.ng if you intend to pay with naira debit card
SAMDEEA123:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 3:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

The embassy could still do so it depends. The problem isn't the visa to be honest, it is the school allowing him enroll when he arrives.

That's why i said the point of call would be first the school.

On my shifts during enrollment, i have seen people travel all the way to the UK, miss the last day of enrollment with no prior notification to the schoool and ultmately told to return and that if they are still remain in the country they will be classified as overstayers.

Again the school will have a dedicated team dealing with issues pertaining visa and late resumption. Reach out

Cheers

marcDgreat:

hi thanks for the response, if he asks for the late resumption max he will be given is 2 weeks visa takes 3 weeks, the account mature on the 15 hopefully thing will calm down by then, assuming earliest date he'll get is 21th, then embassy stay with the passport for 3 weeks till 9 october. by then the late resumption given on his CAS has passed.
is it possible that the embassy might still grant the visa even after the resumption date on the CAS has passed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

No one can give you a reason for refund. I will suggest you look at your schools refund policies and/or terms and conditions for such.

Hopefully, they approve it.

Cheers

Bukieinyang:
Good Day Everyone, I have paid £1000 in a university but I got another offer in another university and I have made deposit payment in this new uni and received my CAS.
My question is, please can someone tell me a valid reason to state to the university I won’t be attending again to apply for my £1000 deposit?
I need reasons that are obtainable that won’t seem flimsy and lead to denial of my refund.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
But you know that after paying the £2k deposit, you will still show the remaining school fees +maintenance fee for you & the kids? Is still the same thing as paying £4K only that you will show less tuition balance. I don’t know if you understand my point sad

You can try Sheffield Hallam, BCU, Bournemouth they’re all within the 2000 range. If I find more, I will holla.
Yeah I get your point I really appreciate and please hope I can work after graduating from these schools
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Est01233: 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
'Why the course?' and 'What do you intend to achieve with the course ?' Are those two questions not basically asking the same thing?
ZabethMay:
I just completed my interview at V.I. Questions I was asked:

-Why I chose to study in my university
-Why the course
-Career goals
-Questions on my sponsor, how much they earn and what they do
-What I intend to achieve with the course
-Where I intend to work after graduation
-salary expectations
-Questions about accommodation and how much it cost
-The gap in my studies, what I’ve been doing since then
-How the course would help my career goals
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

If you have trouble trusting them, its no problem,
You could use any of the sites (skyscanner, travelstart, wakanow) as a means to check price ranges and times of various flights and when u see what you want visit the individual pages of the Airline and book directly from them. To feel safer.

Jst a suggestion

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
Getting a job solely relies on your work experience, employability skills and other factors. If you’re not going to a university within the likes of Oxford region, or Queen Mary region, I wouldn’t say your school will really matters but others may argue differently.
Firstlady00:

Yeah I get your point I really appreciate and please hope I can work after graduating from these schools

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
The current wahala is that most airlines change you in another currency than naira. So with the recent restrictions on naira debit cards, you cannot make payment directly on the airline’s website.
mrpudikin:

If you have trouble trusting them, its no problem,
You could use any of the sites (skyscanner, travelstart, wakanow) as a means to check price ranges and times of various flights and when u see what you want visit the individual pages of the Airline and book directly from them. To feel safer.

Jst a suggestion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 4:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Slimmzyy:

Just as an advice, please don't go to any of those universities if your plan is to work in the UK after graduation.

This is so untrue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
The current wahala is that most airlines change you in another currency than naira. So with the recent restrictions on naira debit cards, you cannot make payment directly on the airline’s website.

You can make a reservation on the airline's website and then contact their Nigerian office for a local currency denominated account into which you make payment. This was how I used to buy tickets pre-pandemic; hopefully the airlines will still continue this system when they restart operations in Nigeria despite the increasing difficulties with repatriating funds from Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by w890i: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Same happened to me. I thanked them for their offer and said i initially chose them because of their ranking blah blah, but unfortunately, i am choosing to withdraw my application in favour of another university for personal reasons.....i requested for a refund of the fee i paid previously...... I ended my email by thanking them for their "beautiful offer"........Schools know and expect students to consider other universities, so its no biggy. Hope this helps....cheers! wink

Bukieinyang:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukieinyang: 4:31pm On Aug 19, 2020
Thank you for your response, was your money refunded?
w890i:
Same happened to me. I thanked them for their offer and said i initially chose them because of their ranking blah blah, but unfortunately, i am choosing to withdraw my application in favour of another university for personal reasons.....i requested for a refund of the fee i paid previously...... I ended my email by thanking them for their "beautiful offer"........Schools know and expect students to consider other universities, so its no biggy. Hope this helps....cheers! wink

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hmmm... doesn’t always workout positively like this.
w890i:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by babajeje123(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
Slimmzyy:
, if you check the UK universities ranking, you will see that Edge Hill University is down there, and as an international student hoping to work in the UK after graduation, you want to go to a school that would increase your chances of getting a job and give you a bit of competitive advantage over local students. The job market is highly competitive and top employers are keen on students from Top 20/30 universities. please do your research and make informed decisions that would help you on the long term.
Cheers!
You couldn't have said it better
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Very true, it doesn’t.

You’re better off using ‘Covid has significantly impacted your family’s finances so you’re going to have to withdraw’ and then beg them to release your cash.

Not that I am one to lie o �

Skymoore1004:
Hmmm... doesn’t always workout positively like this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2020
I feel depending on your answer to a question like.. why this course? you can cover questions like (and talk about)

Your educational background, career
Why this course?
Why this university?
Why the uk?
Your future career plans?
What you expect to do afterwards? Etc

Depending on your answer to that one question you won’t get asked the rest because you have talked about your personal statement in that one instance. Not a brief answer but very a detailed explanation.

Est01233:
'Why the course?' and 'What do you intend to achieve with the course ?' Are those two questions not basically asking the same thing?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hmmm!

Some schools state it clearly in their refund policy that only tenable reason is visa denial or Covid issues.

You've got to check your school refund policy to know the best way to go.

However, most schools won't deny an excuse wrapped around Covid-19 issues

w890i:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin grin grin
Oloshi83:
Very true, it doesn’t.

You’re better off using ‘Covid has significantly impacted your family’s finances so you’re going to have to withdraw’ and then beg them to release your cash.

Not that I am one to lie o �

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Slimmzyy: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Firstlady00:

@Firstlady00, yes you can but any of these schools won't give you the best shot if you want to work in Finance for example but in the health sector, they are fine and another way to get around recruitment hurdles in the UK is if you have solid work experience from Nigeria already. Bear in mind if you will still need to find an employer that would sponsor you after your post-study visa elapse to remain in the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Slimmzyy: 5:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Getting a job solely relies on your work experience, employability skills and other factors. If you’re not going to a university within the likes of Oxford region, or Queen Mary region, I wouldn’t say your school will really matters but others may argue differently.
you are right at skymoore1004, if you don't go to all those top schools and without significant and relevant work experience, all you can rely on is luck and your drive to develop your skills, regarding most schools Nigerians on this platform choose to attend in the UK, these schools won't give you any advantage whatsoever in the job market but give you the opportunity to apply for the post-study visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by emekeonw: 5:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hi, were you able to book the date. I havent been able to book a date. My center is Ikeja. Anyone with an update or solution

smilz:
Dates are available now o! Didn't pay for primetime sef. I just refreshed and u need see the dates popping out under assisted service.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thewizardof0zil: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hi, I’m about to block my money for 28 days, please what exchange rate is safe to use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
marcDgreat:

VERY, VERY TRUE, always go for top unis if you intend on working in the uk after your studies.
they are quite expensive but they also give you an edge in the job market.

As money no dey wetin we go do
Top school is from 20k pounds and above

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
mdeeokoye:
I was there in the early hours of the morning today and left around 12. Someone just called me a few mins ago that they started taking walk in. I intend going tomorrow and probably dedicate the whole day for it

Did you still go for the walk-in today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
emekeonw:
Hi, were you able to book the date. I havent been able to book a date. My center is Ikeja. Anyone with an update or solution

Which date were you able to get and which center dear

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.