Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,391 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087986 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hi all, still looking out for a date in August, I was unable to walk in with my family today. I was told only those who have appointment are allowed. Will still try again tomorrow. My family have submitted anyway, main applicant still on the waiting

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mogatti: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=92998975]

You are very right, I dnt understand why someone would say going to an expensive uni would make it easy to get a job. It all boils down to what you have done which is your work experience and employability skills, also once you get the opportunity to be interviewed , it depends on how well you can convince the interviewer that you are the right candidate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spiceeamiee(f): 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hi All does anybody know if the limit on Access bank visa card is really 1k? Someone told me this but i am unable to confirm from the bank as their customer service center kept me on hold for over 30mins and i cant go to the bank because of the crowd. Who else has used Accessbank visa card to make payment and what is their rate? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mogatti: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
marcDgreat:

VERY, VERY TRUE, always go for top unis if you intend on working in the uk after your studies.
they are quite expensive but they also give you an edge in the job market.

My friend, uni you attend in the UK has got nothing to do with getting a job. What you know and can bring to the table is what determines if you get a job. Employers are after what you have to offer not what degrees or uni you attended.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
were you able to resolve this? cos i'm currently experiencing the same challenge.
Arhmiee:
Please those searching for appointment dates, kindly notify us if any comes up.(TLS Ikeja)
I have been on it for hours.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
spiceeamiee:
Hi All does anybody know if the limit on Access bank visa card is really 1k? Someone told me this but i am unable to confirm from the bank as their customer service center kept me on hold for over 30mins and i cant go to the bank because of the crowd. Who else has used Accessbank visa card to make payment and what is their rate? Thanks

Access Bank's limit is indeed $1k.
I've made transactions of about $750 this month alone, including the $603 IHS fee.

Their rate is always close to the black market rate; I was charged 527 naira per euro for a euro transaction yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Yes, the limit is $1k/month. Since I was paying more than $1k, I paid with two (mine and my mums) different Accessbank visa cards. I was charged about N447 to $1.

spiceeamiee:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spiceeamiee(f): 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hey God. Thank you. Do i need to do anything to activate the card for international payments? Been calling their line with no response and no response from twitter please. Its my husbands card and we have no idea how to activate it for online payments

TheGuyFromHR:

I've made transactions of about $750 this month alone, including the $603 IHS fee.

Their rate is always close to the black market rate; I was charged 527 naira per euro for a euro transaction yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spiceeamiee(f): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
Thank you. Please how did you activate it for online international payments? What did yoy do? Please help

TheGuyFromHR:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
Please explain how this walk-in thing works to me.

Do you mean you that you paid, picked a date but decided to just go on any closest date?

Because I cannot pick a date at the moment as dates are not popping up. Tiring, tbh.

solarinde:
Hi all, still looking out for a date in August, I was unable to walk in with my family today. I was told only those who have appointment are allowed. Will still try again tomorrow. My family have submitted anyway, main applicant still on the waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
I believe you won't need any configurations to activate the card. Enter the parameters on the card into the spaces provided on the online form and you will get an OTP to complete the transaction.

spiceeamiee:
Thank you. Please how did you activate it for online international payments? What did yoy do? Please help

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
GbengaGbenga:
were you able to resolve this? cos i'm currently experiencing the same challenge.

Yes, I have been able to get a date. I just kept trying and refreshing the page.
I was finally able to get a date around 3am Monday morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
spiceeamiee:

I didn't need to activate it, just use it to transact directly by inputting the card number where required. You'll get an SMS with an OTP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Experiencing the same challenge. Any headway yet?

Horpyteen:
Good Morning everyone, please I need help in booking appointment date at TLS Ikeja. I have tried since Weekend. Any help will be most appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Thanks. Is that for Ikeja/VI/Abuja? I will also keep refreshing. I have cleared cookies and cache. Nothing yet but I will keep trying.

Arhmiee:

Yes, I have been able to get a date. I just kept trying and refreshing the page.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
GbengaGbenga:
Thanks. Is that for Ikeja/VI/Abuja? I will also keep refreshing. I have cleared cookies and cache. Nothing yet but I will keep trying.

For Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
Thanks.

Arhmiee:

For Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
I just got 2nd of September ooo.. Ikeja.. Just refresh!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
Skymoore1004:
The current wahala is that most airlines change you in another currency than naira. So with the recent restrictions on naira debit cards, you cannot make payment directly on the airline’s website.

Thats true.. their offices are there to go in person too sha. But may costmore than online bookings.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
solarinde:

So sorry, lagos or Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 7:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
PLEASE, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO UPLOAD? DO I INCLUDE MY TB TEST CERTIFICATE?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2020
Arhmiee:

PLEASE, can i email you? i need your help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Benediktejike:
PLEASE, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO UPLOAD? DO I INCLUDE MY TB TEST CERTIFICATE?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
mrpudikin:

Thats true.. their offices are there to go in person too sha. But may costmore than online bookings.

Making such direct bookings usually costs somewhat more than online bookings or those made through travel agents.
Generally, you can (or could pre-pandemic) get better deals from travel agents for the Middle Eastern airlines (Emirates, Turkish Airlines, etc.) than for the European ones.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by realsydney: 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hi guys, really appreciate every contributor here, I have gained a lot from this forum and i feel its great to create an account and contribute too.

A prospective Masters student , Aston University.

Application submitted on the 28th July 2020
Bio-metrics and Interview 5th August 2020
*Didnt get a notification mail after biometrics but can see from the tracker that "Application Received By DMC"
Awaiting outcome of the application

Challenge during application
*Didnt include my CAS before paying for NHS , had to start another application with another mail but informed the school of my error. Sent a mail to home office and surprisingly money was reversed in less than 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
Good evening guys, please is a printout of transaction screenshot of my payment for TB testing acceptable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2020
Cyberknight:

Making such direct bookings usually costs somewhat more than online bookings or those made through travel agents.
Generally, you can (or could pre-pandemic) get better deals from travel agents for the Middle Eastern airlines (Emirates, Turkish Airlines, etc.) than for the European ones.

Ok. Fair enough
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 8:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
Benediktejike:

PLEASE, can i email you? i need your help

You can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Benediktejike:
I just got 2nd of September ooo.. Ikeja.. Just refresh!!!

Wow congratulations. You mean you got the date this evening so? Whats the best time to start refreshing biko?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hebraeem:
Good evening guys, please is a printout of transaction screenshot of my payment for TB testing acceptable?

Yes it is
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2020
When I began reading your post I thought you had gotten the visa (Smiles)......

realsydney:
Hi guys, really appreciate every contributor here, I have gained a lot from this forum and i feel its great to create an account and contribute too.

A prospective Masters student , Aston University.

Application submitted on the 28th July 2020
Bio-metrics and Interview 5th August 2020
*Didnt get a notification mail after biometrics but can see from the tracker that "Application Received By DMC"
Awaiting outcome of the application

Challenge during application
*Didnt include my CAS before paying for NHS , had to start another application with another mail but informed the school of my error. Sent a mail to home office and surprisingly money was reversed in less than 2 weeks.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.