Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087839 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 3:52am On Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

Yes you have to.

Cheers

Luxiana19:
Hey guys. Please for someone that is going to study nursing and tuition for a year is about £15,000. After paying the required deposit of about £5000 to the school, do you need to have the balance of the school fees in your account reflecting alongside your living expenses for the embassy?
I.e £10,000 tuition balance and living expenses must be in your account and printed on your statement for the embassy interview?
Please I would appreciate clarification on this, thankyou

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kelvindot: 4:21am On Aug 19, 2020
mogatti:
Anyone going to Anglia Ruskin university, Chelmsford?

I am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 19, 2020
try Skyscanner (www.skyscanner.net)

SAMDEEA123:
Who also have observed that tickets to the UK has skyrocketed? Please which platform is also reliable for international booking flights apart from wakanow?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Horpyteen(f): 4:42am On Aug 19, 2020
Good Morning everyone, please I need help in booking appointment date at TLS Ikeja. I have tried since Weekend. Any help will be most appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 4:43am On Aug 19, 2020
mimilyrics:
Oftentimes, a brief explanation will suffice. You don't need to submit documents that might jeopardize your application except they will strengthen your application.

Who's giving you money for your course? If your family gave you the money for your studies, mention this if asked for your source of funds in your account.

Do you intend to return to your employer after your course? If yes, has your employer granted you leave of absence for this? If yes, then you can include a letter from your employer stating your employment details (date of employment, salary e.t.c.) and confirming that you've been granted study leave.

You'd also have to know what benefit your course will be to your employer and what your expected salary and position will be upon your return to the organisation.
You need to be able to relate why you chose your course to your professional and business goals. You also need to have some knowledge about your school and the environment while highlighting the reasons for choosing your school or the UK as your study destination.
You need to know what accommodation and transportation options are available to you and have an estimate of the monthly costs.

If you aren't returning to your employer, you don't need a letter from your employer. Your bank statement and a brief explanation for your source of funds is sufficient, if asked. In this case, if you mention that you're looking to take up employment in Nigeria after your course in another / any company, you should have an idea of the industry pay range for your level. This will convey that you understand the benefit / advantage that studying will give you in terms of salary.

If you're solely sponsoring yourself (not getting money from your family or an official financial sponsor) and you feel that your current salary will make the ECO question your financial stability or whether the funds are truly available to you, just forget about a letter from your employer. It's not compulsory to submit one.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 5:04am On Aug 19, 2020
Dejavu31:
Saw this online. To help people prepare.

The Visa Officer answering this sounds like a Nigerian and a nigerian sent by this person's village people.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 5:25am On Aug 19, 2020
mrpudikin:

The Visa Officer answering this sounds like a Nigerian and a nigerian sent by this person's village people.

Exactly, those answers were not too bad deserving of a rejection in the way the visa officer made it look. I know many other people will even answer their interview less credible than this and will still get approval for visa.
In the end, there is just a little bit of luck or grace that makes us excel in matters like this.
I wish everyone luck.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 5:31am On Aug 19, 2020
Good morning guys, hope you all had a nice night? Please I want to pay for TB testing this morning, how much is the naira conversion? Should I use Oanda? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 6:00am On Aug 19, 2020
Hebraeem:
Good morning guys, hope you all had a nice night? Please I want to pay for TB testing this morning, how much is the naira conversion? Should I use Oanda? Thanks
It is 57,800
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:22am On Aug 19, 2020
cdaniel:
Hello guys, please I need help. I went for my interview at TLS Ikeja today but on getting there, I was told my passport is defaced because it has a little patch on my forehead which was probably caused by heat. Meanwhile, I already uploaded all my documents on their site over 3 weeks ago. I was asked to get another passport and appointment. I want to know if I will have to start the whole process all over again like requesting for a new CAS, then proceeding to make a fresh application and appointment etc after I have gotten a new passport?

No you don't have to do any of that, get your new passport and book another appointment then submit both passports, make sure that details in both passport remains the same, the passport number will change but don't worry about that. When traveling to the UK you also need to carry both passports.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2020
Parents.
Messyodi:
Congratulations. Which address did you fill while applying? Your parents or the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 6:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Thank you.
Benediktejike:

It is 57,800

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2020
Good morning guys I was able to make payment I switched browser and was able to pay and I got 15th September Abuja. Please where is there office in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Badpiper: 6:50am On Aug 19, 2020
Hello everyone.
Big ups to you @mimilyrics, dduchess, even skymoore (your sarcasm at times ehn! grin) you guys are simply amazing!
I just felt I needed to drop this here (you guys can come for me am fully prepared)
1. If you are willing to pay millions to leave this country (genuine student or not) the least you can do is put in the effort.
2. If this was a paid service, will people be asking "the fastest way to get to IOM ikeja?" if you can't navigate in your own country how do you intend doing it over there? If you take your time to respond, the next question will be "what time do they open?" , "when is the best time to go?" you can go by 1am if that's convenient for you grin
3. Some of us even feel entitled in our inquiries, haba it's just ridiculous!
4. Let me state this here, if you dont put in the effort there is no way you wont give "generic" answers. You simply cannot give what you dont have!
5. I can guarantee, if you take your time to go through this topic not even from page 1, start from page 100, you will get appropriate answers to whatever queries you might have. Even answers to questions like which is better " SHU or Sheffield Hallam University " undecided cry
6. Thank you @justwise, seun etc for creating an enabling platform.

Goodluck peeps...

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 6:51am On Aug 19, 2020
garuskoko:

Exactly, those answers were not too bad deserving of a rejection in the way the visa officer made it look. I know many other people will even answer their interview less credible than this and will still get approval for visa.
In the end, there is just a little bit of luck or grace that makes us excel in matters like this.
I wish everyone luck.

Quite true. Grace is needed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 7:55am On Aug 19, 2020
mimilyrics:
Even though your husband doesn't qualify as an official sponsor, it doesn't mean that he can't give you money towards your studies. If you're asked for the source of the funds in your account, just mention that your husband gave you the funds.

Thank you dear . My personal savings is part of the money too in my account. So is it wise to say combined savings from myself and my husband over time ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2020
Good morning please can one use 30 days bank statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:28am On Aug 19, 2020
It is wise to tell the truth.

As long as you didn’t steal the money....

Sommylove5:

Thank you dear . My personal savings is part of the money too in my account. So is it wise to say combined savings from myself and my husband over time ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2020
Good morning all,
Please, I hope one can still defer this admission if I don't get a convenient appointment date cus the way this TLS Ikeja dey frustrate person e be like say na that option sure pass. One whole week now, No date and my resumption date is October 5th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2020
Badpiper:
Hello everyone.
Big ups to you @mimilyrics, dduchess, even skymoore (your sarcasm at times ehn! grin) you guys are simply amazing!
I just felt I needed to drop this here (you guys can come for me am fully prepared)
1. If you are willing to pay millions to leave this country (genuine student or not) the least you can do is put in the effort.
2. If this was a paid service, will people be asking "the fastest way to get to IOM ikeja?" if you can't navigate in your own country how do you intend doing it over there? If you take your time to respond, the next question will be "what time do they open?" , "when is the best time to go?" you can go by 1am if that's convenient for you grin
3. Some of us even feel entitled in our inquiries, haba it's just ridiculous!
4. Let me state this here, if you dont put in the effort there is no way you wont give "generic" answers. You simply cannot give what you dont have!
5. I can guarantee, if you take your time to go through this topic not even from page 1, start from page 100, you will get appropriate answers to whatever queries you might have. Even answers to questions like which is better " SHU or Sheffield Hallam University " undecided cry
6. Thank you @justwise, seun etc for creating an enabling platform.

Goodluck peeps...

Spot on,

You need to read previous PBS T4 threads and see how people were willing to pay almost £1000 for super priority just to avoid the credibility interview.

Infact , a guy got refused because he couldn’t tell the ECO how his course would be accessed.

If I’m going to be paying all that millions, least I’ll do is make my own research before going for the interview but what do I know. . . . . . .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:42am On Aug 19, 2020
Capitalbase:
Good morning all,
Please, I hope one can still defer this admission if I don't get a convenient appointment date cus the way this TLS Ikeja dey frustrate person e be like say na that option sure pass. One whole week now, No date and my resumption date is October 5th.

Ewo, one week is a long time. Try changing browsers (I abandoned Chrome for Firefox) clearing your browser cache and cookies, etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2020
Has anybody sent money to a dollar account via PayPal recently? What was the exchange rate? Was it higher or lower than the black market exchange rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2020
Good day all,

Please, I wish to inquire. Is there any rule against accepting more than one institution's unconditional offer? i.e. if two schools offers an unconditional admission & gives you 1 month to accept or reject, can I accept the two prior to when I would be applying for my CAS?

Secondly, are MBA courses still viable in Scotland? Not sure I saw that on the shortage occupation list pre-covid, just wants to be able to make an informed decision in the long run.

Thanks in anticipation....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2020
Hello,

There isn't a rule per say, Ideally you shouldn't be accepting two offers from two different institutions. When you accept one and don't respond to the second one, the offer will elapse.

You should be clear on what school and course you are after at the point of receiving your unconditional offer (which would have included paying your deposit).

Others in Scotland can help with your second question

Cheers

Pegzzyg:
Good day all,

Please, I wish to inquire. Is there any rule against accepting more than one institution's unconditional offer? i.e. if two schools offers an unconditional admission & gives you 1 month to accept or reject, can I accept the two prior to when I would be applying for my CAS?

Secondly, are MBA courses still viable in Scotland? Not sure I saw that on the shortage occupation list pre-covid, just wants to be able to make an informed decision in the long run.

Thanks in anticipation....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 10:14am On Aug 19, 2020
Good morning house.

Which marriage certificate is more ideal to upload for your supporting documents. A marriage cert from an Anglican church or a local government registery? Or should i just upload both?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:22am On Aug 19, 2020
Gaspet:
Has anybody sent money to a dollar account via PayPal recently? What was the exchange rate? Was it higher or lower than the black market exchange rate?

I was charged 390 with my Zenith Bank card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2020
I've always used only church certificate but there's no harm uploading both.

Messyodi:
Good morning house.

Which marriage certificate is more ideal to upload for your supporting documents. A marriage cert from an Anglican church or a local government registery? Or should i just upload both?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 10:42am On Aug 19, 2020
Cyberknight:

I was charged 390 with my Zenith Bank card.

Okay, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by smilz(m): 10:49am On Aug 19, 2020
Does this mean 26th is available but i have to pay primetime?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2020
smilz:
Please, which location?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 10:54am On Aug 19, 2020
If you have to pay then do it. I missed booking 10:30am 19th August for a flimsy reason. My appointment date is perfect so that’s okay.

Just do what you need to get a date or better date if it suits your situation.

smilz:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2020
Bourne007:
I've always used only church certificate but there's no harm uploading both.

Ok thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.