Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091174 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by nicerichard05: 8:11am On May 12, 2020
ELff:

Was going to ask the same question. Someone can't spend that much then they tell you to attend classes online. Doesn't make sense. Please who has paid tuition for September?

This is actually my fear nw
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tunabio: 8:16am On May 12, 2020
Thank you.

LaaJiblik:

No issue at all.
So long as she can cope.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 9:15am On May 12, 2020
To add, don't even pay with flywire grin grin
hosey:

Dont pay with black market. Dont change your money.

Pay anything related to school with Form A.

Go to head office of first bank or GT bank or any bank you use. It must be the head office in Lagos or Abuja.

You will be given CBN rate of about 450 to 475.

Current black market is 530.

So beware and dont lose your money indirectly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 10:45am On May 12, 2020
It's looking more like the reality for schools starting in September could be online till December, which means Jan start options could be the optimal choice. See this link for the decision by university of Manchester...https://mancunion.com/2020/05/11/university-of-manchester-confirms-september-start-date/

So let's keep watching as things unfold..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:31am On May 12, 2020
Can you give the details on the application process pls
Looks like it’s different from teachfirst

STENON:
thanks bro. This is the right thread for it . Hope oga Justwise won't delete our comments ? embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:32am On May 12, 2020
January start looks like sensible option now

mamacajah:
It's looking more like the reality for schools starting in September could be online till December, which means Jan start options could be the optimal choice. See this link for the decision by university of Manchester...https://mancunion.com/2020/05/11/university-of-manchester-confirms-september-start-date/

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:55am On May 12, 2020
omopapa:
January start looks like sensible option now

but not all courses have Jan start date.. like for me, my prefered schools only have sept start... so I will just wait and see how it goes...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 12:26pm On May 12, 2020
mamacajah:

but not all courses have Jan start date.. like for me, my prefered schools only have sept start... so I will just wait and see how it goes...
They will have to adjust their start date my school sent me an email talking of possible adjustment..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:36pm On May 12, 2020
Phatkings:

They will have to adjust their start date my school sent me an email talking of possible adjustment..
one of my schools already changed their resumption to end Sept...doesn't change the fact that first semester would be fully online.....
anyway..let's keep our minds open and have an alternative if possible..
if your course is available in another school that normally has Jan start, maybe you can start applying for it.. that's what I want to do now..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 12:55pm On May 12, 2020
Maybe universities shld reduce their tuition by 25% for example and make first semester online but visas should still start counting from second semester and for 18 months

mamacajah:

one of my schools already changed their resumption to end Sept...doesn't change the fact that first semester would be fully online.....
anyway..let's keep our minds open and have an alternative if possible..
if your course is available in another school that normally has Jan start, maybe you can start applying for it.. that's what I want to do now..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2020
mamacajah:

This will most likely be for that Particular school. Who send them message ? Where are they rushing to? Lol we are all watching the development until the UK GOV gives the official announcement of when schools will be reopened.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2020
omopapa:
Maybe universities shld reduce their tuition by 25% for example and make first semester online but visas should still start counting from second semester and for 18 months

A very welcome suggestion. 25% would go a longggggg way.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 1:30pm On May 12, 2020
But the key thing here is..if the classes are online, would you be allowed to go to the UK still that period or you would have to wait till the next term?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:31pm On May 12, 2020
omopapa:

Even current students... I wonder if schools are giving discount because they should as most have switched to online ..

I checked home office but all I saw is 20 hours working limitation had been temporary removed for students

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 12, 2020
mamacajah:

I don't think so from the article it says current students will continue online classes. While New Students will have options from online to face to face classes till November.

One of the schools I applied to they sent a mail that stated that current students will continue will online classes but face to face classes will commerce in September/October. I think schools are updating their new students on the lockdown guidelines.

I think we just wait till next month because the UK government has release new guidelines on how they will ease the lockdown and the way forward.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Even current students... I wonder if schools are giving discount because they should as most have switched to online ..

I checked home office but all I saw is 20 hours working limitation has been temporary removed for students

Yes I think it is unlimited now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 2:01pm On May 12, 2020
Thanks to @Mamacajah @Skymoore @SegunWamiri @Mimilyrics and all who gave advice on this my choice of Management/FinTech issue.

Salford just replied me a mail that FinTech has been approved and I have been given an offer letter.

It's really not the best to keep issues to ones self oo

toyclicks:
Hello good people, It seems this whole thing is heading somewhere. While digging again, I just found out that Salford just added a new course Financial Technology. I seem to be satisfied with it based on my initial concern about the management choice.

https://beta.salford.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/financial-technology-fintech

But it looks like the University is not yet decisive if they are starting with this session. There is a pop up that reads

New programme: Salford Business School is delighted to present this new programme, aimed at both recent graduates and professionals with a financial, IT or business background looking to expand their understanding of technology in finance.

Subject to academic approval, the programme will open in September 2020. If you want to register your interest, please email:

UK / EU Course Enquiries enquiries@salford.ac.uk
International Enquiries mail to: international@salford.ac.uk

That "Subject to academic approval" clause is my concern. If they have not made up thier mind about it by now, I don't know....

Also, I hope sending a mail to indicate interest won't give me a negative kick back since I had earlier secured admission for a course with them.

Your advice are appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 2:04pm On May 12, 2020
toyclicks:
Thanks to @Mamacajah @Skymoore @SegunWamiri @Mimilyrics and all who gave advice on this my choice of Management/FinTech issue.

Salford just replied me a mail that FinTech has been approved and I have been given an offer letter.

Correct..glad to have been of help.. congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 2:17pm On May 12, 2020
It’s worth starting a petition for it to be looked into

Data is even expensive, the uni shld atleast ease up the cost

LagosismyHome:

I checked home office but all I saw is 20 hours working limitation has been temporary removed for students

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:27pm On May 12, 2020
One person that have appreciated my input on this thread cool.
Congratulations, more to come
toyclicks:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 2:28pm On May 12, 2020
Any university that’s promising to commence lectures in Sept/Oct by attendance is sitting on a tiny string of rope.

First of all, the UK govt just announced that people arriving the UK from any part of the world (apart from Northen Ireland) will be required to self isolate for 14 days.

They are trying to contain the virus within the country hence the decision of when the borders will be opened is yet to be made.

It might sound harsh but personally, I’d open my mind to a possibility of Jan or Sept 2021 (for courses that doesn’t have Jan start) just incase Sept 2020 flops

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 2:48pm On May 12, 2020
Personally, I have adopted an open mind regarding September resumption, as I am okay with the possibility of January 2021 face to face classes as taking online classes will not work fine for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 12, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 3:11pm On May 12, 2020
piazon:
Even January 2021 is not sure. This virus will keep stalking mankind until a vaccine is developed and we are not 100% sure of Developing a vaccine. Let's ride with the wave-learning to live with this stranger. I think getting at least online lectures inside the UK is not a bad option.
I quite agree..as long as we are permitted entry into the UK, it's fine with me. it's where they say online classes in your country that it becomes an issue..

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:14pm On May 12, 2020
Congratulations! I'm glad that you got that sorted out.
toyclicks:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 3:27pm On May 12, 2020
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11562184/british-airways-capacity-troubled-coronavirus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I think what will happen will be late resumption dates as some courses only have 1 intake and cant be done online. The best measure they will use is to self quarantine for 14 days then resume school.

What happens to the medical courses and some courses which cant be done online? Things will likely pick up from next month but will be slow. This is what I feel.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2020
toyclicks:

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 3:28pm On May 12, 2020
Yesoo

As long one is allowed to gain entry into the country first, online or face to face doesn't really matter.

Also as regards lifting the 20hr restriction, it might be because jobs are already relegated to online since everything is on a lockdown.

Pls can you give me a specific link on the UK home office where this issue of 20hr work restriction removal is detailed. still trying to navigate the home office on this.

piazon:
Even January 2021 is not sure. This virus will keep stalking mankind until a vaccine is developed and we are not 100% sure of Developing a vaccine. Let's ride with the wave-learning to live with this stranger. I think getting at least online lectures inside the UK is not a bad option.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 3:57pm On May 12, 2020
What course did you apply for with Liverpool hope?
When did you receive your unconditional offer?
Have you communicated recently with the admissions team?

I sent them emails and have been waiting more than a week for a response.

mdeeokoye:
Try Ulster, Chester or Liverpool hope. I got my admission in Liverpool Hope and I am paying 7400 pounds after deductions and scholarship

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:01pm On May 12, 2020
please include the reference for unlimited work hours because I believe what you might be looking at refers to nursing and medical students on tier 4 visa who are on the frontline

mattfeuter:

Yes I think it is unlimited now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:04pm On May 12, 2020
toyclicks:
Yesoo

As long one is allowed to gain entry into the country first, online or face to face doesn't really matter.

Also as regards lifting the 20hr restriction, it might be because jobs are already relegated to online since everything is on a lockdown.

Pls can you give me a specific link on the UK home office where this issue of 20hr work restriction removal is detailed. still trying to navigate the home office on this.

Might not be applicable to all

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tier-4-sponsors-migrants-and-short-term-students

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.