Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089653 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:48pm On May 13, 2020
STENON:
lols cheesy We need more people in teaching o
but passion is esential here right? because this field requires much commitment. My parents are retired teachers and now that I am teaching my children during this lockdown.. I really appreciate the patience teachers use to do their work. Men, e no easy oh!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 6:01pm On May 13, 2020
mamacajah:

but passion is esential here right? because this field requires much commitment. My parents are retired teachers and now that I am teaching my children during this lockdown.. I really appreciate the patience teachers use to do their work. Men, e no easy oh!
Yes very true. You must have passion for it, but everyone is potentially born a Teacher.

My parents are retired teachers too and I so much love the field, I developed the passion for teaching at early age even though they scared me to go for medicine and surgery. Academically, I am fit for medicine, but I don't have any passion for it at all. It was a war at first, but they later accepted the fate.

Home schooling is not a small job o, you need a lot of patience and commitment. Most especially teaching your kids by yourself, kudos to you for the good work cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:01pm On May 13, 2020
mamacajah:

This lockdown has shown us how valuable and under paid Teachers are... they deserve to be highest paid . .....to be teacher no easy at.

Many parents cant wait for school to be open cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 6:19pm On May 13, 2020
LagosismyHome:

This lockdown has shown us how valuable and under paid Teachers are... they deserve to be highest paid . .....to be teacher no easy at.

Many parents cant wait for school to be open cheesy

yes oh.. that is why some private schools in Lagos have commenced online classes since mid-April...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 7:01pm On May 13, 2020
H0tbabe:
Hi guys, hope you guys didn't miss me much grin well, to prospective UK students, be careful with ur choice of course, not all that glitters is gold here oh, don't go with just whats written on school page about a course, if possible connect with a present student and no if the course would meet ur expectations, I'm writing this because I'm having regrets already, doing msc environmental management and I'm already wishing I did more active/practical course. Its not entirely a bad course, just that I imagined something different in my head, just be careful, thats my advice, u guys stay safe, cheers!
. Please can you elaborate, I just gained admission in Energy and environmental management from the university of teesside and Environmental management from the university of Sheffield hallam.. Please this your comment threw me off balance. Please you can pm if possible.. And if possible what's the prospects environmental managers there..?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 7:06pm On May 13, 2020
Oya what have u learnt so far

LaaJiblik:

Yes. We are really following.

STENON and omopapa. This discourse is proving very vital.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Plaouse(m): 7:43pm On May 13, 2020
Hey,
I discovered that getting an undergraduate admission in the UK is more easier than that of the US more so for Nigerians ( probably because we were colonized by them). But here, I dont understand how to apply for admission and scholarship through UCAS.

Do you know about admission process in the UK? If you do please help me out!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:51pm On May 13, 2020
Google search has a wealth of information on this. See below links for step by step information;

https://www.mastersportal.com/articles/1595/how-to-apply-to-an-international-university-in-the-uk-in-2020.html

https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/find/how-to-apply/undergraduate

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/student-advice/where-to-study/studying-in-the-uk%3famp=true

https://www.ucas.com/students

Use google search for more information.

Plaouse:
Hey,
I discovered that getting an undergraduate admission in the UK is more easier than that of the US more so for Nigerians ( probably because we were colonized by them). But here, I dont understand how to apply for admission and scholarship through UCAS.

Do you know about admission process in the UK? If you do please help me out!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:55pm On May 13, 2020
All the best.

umarwy:

Currently undergoing this switch myself. But Corona has Coro the vac centres.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kcivskod: 11:52pm On May 13, 2020
STENON:
As an Education graduate, You can come to UK with another visa route tier 2 work visa and not necessarily student visa. Quite stressful but it's better than tier 4 visa .

So I can't leave my education discipline for another discipline when applying for my masters
Please can u explain well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 5:56am On May 14, 2020
Kcivskod:

So I can't leave my education discipline for another discipline when applying for my masters
Please can u explain well
which course are you interested in?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Vik15: 7:48am On May 14, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Different status for different folks.... there are less jobs now due to lockdown so I am sure some students are struggling to get a job or keep their job , although shifts in care home I would think are still easily found. Some in existing jobs are able to continue either remotely or on premise. So really depends on the job but I would say a pandemic is not an easy situation especially if it drags on for monthssssss

Thanks for your reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kcivskod: 10:22am On May 14, 2020
Mobilipia:
which course are you interested in?

Planning of applying for computer science but I dont know how profitable it is over there and does it worth spending millions on??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Plaouse(m): 10:52am On May 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:07am On May 14, 2020
I want to use this podium to say big thanks to Skymoore,Justwise,Mimilyrics,SegunWamir,Mamacajah etc if u no see ur name abeg no vex..for their immense effort towards updating us on UK students movement and preparations.

Please I have few questions to ask,

1, I gained admission to study Msc in Energy and Environmental Management(18 months) at Teesside University Tuition £5500 after schorlaship.
Msc in Health and Safety Environment(1 year) at University of South Wales, Tuition £11800 after scholarship.
Msc in Public Health(1 year) at Sunderland University, Tuition £12,500 after scholarship as well.

Please I need advice based on financial aspect cause money isn't that much to waste. course among them that is worth going for regarding good investment return.

2, I want to know if UK 2 years post study work still stands cause that's one of my major reason opting for UK schools.

3, Can someone go for another program at the end of the first one in UK?

4, Someone earlier on this tread said that she's kind of regretting her course of choice relating to environmental program, is environmental related course not sell-able in UK?

Finally, I really need to know prerequisites for someone to regularize(legally) in UK or move into another country after study, like the possibilities.

Thanks..Waiting for una response plsssss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:30am On May 14, 2020
anthonanik:
I want to use this podium to say big thanks to Skymoore,Justwise,Mimilyrics,SegunWamir,Mamacajah etc if u no see ur name abeg no vex..for their immense effort towards updating us on UK students movement and preparations.

1, I gained admission to study Msc in Energy and Environmental Management(18 months) at Teesside University Tuition £5500 after schorlaship.
Msc in Health and Safety Environment(1 year) at University of South Wales, Tuition £11800 after scholarship.
Msc in Public Health(1 year) at Sunderland University, Tuition £12,500 after scholarship as well.

Please I need advice based on financial aspect cause money isn't that much to waste. course among them that is worth going for regarding good investment return.

2, I want to know if UK 2 years post study work still stands cause that's one of my major reason opting for UK schools.

4, Someone earlier on this tread said that she's kind of regretting her course of choice relating to environmental program, is environmental related course not sell-able in UK?

Finally, I really need to know prerequisites for someone to regularize(legally) in UK or move into another country after study, like the possibilities.

1. This question has been asked many times in many many different ways. No one can guarantee a course that is optimal..you just need to do your best. However I personally believe of the three options, the energy option is better..at least that what's my hubby used to advise.. if you want ,do something in energy, renewable or solar..it has long term prospects ( I am yet to fully understand..maybe the engineers in the house can explain better..). HSE is generic, same as Public health and neither are in the UK shortage list (which I used to based my selection criteria on..but I have learnt otherwise here..thanks guys for the enlightment).
So the key thing here is.. which one resonates with you..the most vital thing if you are planning to get a job after graduation, is your capabilities, soft skills and knowledge...so you need to demonstrate your passion, if you are just doing the course for the sake of it, it might not meet your expectations in the long run.

2. check a few pages back, someone posted something on this..

3. of course..a 2nd Masters or PHD.but if it is a 2nd Masters, you will need to show progression and defend why a 2nd Masters..

4. she is the only one that can answer that question. everyone has their expectations when starting a program and the reality often clashes with reality. It's not anyone's fault, that' s just the facts of life. Nothing is ever as you think it is... like Skymoore and others have argued, some people started programs and didn't complete, some did and along the way, got into trouble and lost their jobs.

For ways to immigrate, go to the gov.uk site and read up the immigrate information from Tier-1 to Tier 5...google here is also your best friend...search there and you would get loads of information from many immigration experts companies.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:41am On May 14, 2020
1. Tuition wise, Teeside seems like your best bet but your choice should actually be dependant on your preferred industry. Teeside also gives you the option of exploring the renewable energy sector which is quite a lot of potentials.
2. From all indications, yes but keep checking UKVI news and website for updates.
3. Yes, you can as long as you can show academic progression.
4. It depends on what you wanna do after your program.
5. Legally settling in the UK could be done via tier 1 (entrepreneurship), tier 2 and marriage (FLR M, FLR FP) routes; Tier 5 is limited to 2 years. More info in UKVI guidelines.
Other countries like Canada is via work, marriage, study e.t.c Check for the requirements of each country.

anthonanik:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 1:55pm On May 14, 2020
Kcivskod:
civskod:
Hello everyone I just want someone to advice me I'm planning on going 2 the uk for my masters though i studied an education course but i finished with a 2.1 I'm planning of applying for computer science for my masters
1. Is it possible?
2. Can I also be working as a student?
3. Computer science in the UK how profitable is it?
Thanks for your advice

If you don't have basic knowledge in computer science, you might have issues in msc level. Basic knowledge in data structure, algorithm, core programming. You might even be rejected because you don't even have core requirements in your undergraduate level.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 2:00pm On May 14, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

If you don't have basic knowledge in computer science, you might have issues in msc level. Basic knowledge in data structure, algorithm, core programming. You might even be rejected because you don't even have core requirements in your undergraduate level.

well, not exactly..there are some schools that offer computer science for people without a 1st degree in computer. But they need to show some sort of experience. So if @ kcivskod has done some certificate programs in computer or worked in a computer environment, then it would be fine. He needs to do a search and find what each school offers.

On the question about the profitability of computer science, I leave that for the experts to respond..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 2:13pm On May 14, 2020
Kcivskod:
civskod:
Hello everyone I just want someone to advice me I'm planning on going 2 the uk for my masters though i studied an education course but i finished with a 2.1 I'm planning of applying for computer science for my masters
1. Is it possible?
2. Can I also be working as a student?
3. Computer science in the UK how profitable is it?
Thanks for your advice

1. Yes it is possible BUT I'd advise you to apply for Msc computer science courses that are integration courses, meaning they are meant for people who do not have a background in computer science

2. yes; 20 hours/week, term time. fulltime during holidays

3. There are opportunities but I don't want you feel like you will be automatically handed a job.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 14, 2020
THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO, I REALLY APPRECIATE DEAR

TEESSIDE EVEN OFFERED ADVANCE PRACTICE AS WELL AND ALSO VC'S SCHOLARSHIP OF 5K WHICH I HAVE ALSO APPLIED FOR

mimilyrics:
1. Tuition wise, Teeside seems like your best bet but your choice should actually be dependant on your preferred industry. Teeside also gives you the option of exploring the renewable energy sector which is quite a lot of potentials.
2. From all indications, yes but keep checking UKVI news and website for updates.
3. Yes, you can as long as you can show academic progression.
4. It depends on what you wanna do after your program.
5. Legally settling in the UK could be done via tier 1 (entrepreneurship), tier 2 and marriage (FLR M, FLR FP) routes; Tier 5 is limited to 2 years. More info in UKVI guidelines.
Other countries like Canada is via work, marriage, study e.t.c Check for the requirements of each country.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 14, 2020
THANKS A LOT MAMACAJAH

mamacajah:

1. This question has been asked many times in many many different ways. No one can guarantee a course that is optimal..you just need to do your best. However I personally believe of the three options, the energy option is better..at least that what's my hubby used to advise.. if you want ,do something in energy, renewable or solar..it has long term prospects ( I am yet to fully understand..maybe the engineers in the house can explain better..). HSE is generic, same as Public health and neither are in the UK shortage list (which I used to based my selection criteria on..but I have learnt otherwise here..thanks guys for the enlightment).
So the key thing here is.. which one resonates with you..the most vital thing if you are planning to get a job after graduation, is your capabilities, soft skills and knowledge...so you need to demonstrate your passion, if you are just doing the course for the sake of it, it might not meet your expectations in the long run.

2. check a few pages back, someone posted something on this..

3. of course..a 2nd Masters or PHD.but if it is a 2nd Masters, you will need to progression and defend why a 2nd Masters..

4. she is the only one that can answer that question. everyone has their expectations when starting a program and the reality often clashes with reality. It's not anyone's fault, that' s just the facts of life. Nothing is ever as you think it is... like Skymoore and others have argued, some people started programs and didn't complete, some did and along the way, got into trouble and lost their jobs.

For ways to immigrate, go to the gov.uk site and read up the immigrate information from Tier-1 to Tier 5...google here is also your best friend...search there and you would get loads of information from many immigration experts companies.

Hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adeniyy01: 9:55pm On May 14, 2020
Good day house,
Please i want to pay the 34% of my tuition fee next week if exchange rate speaks well. My fear is the news abt Aberdeen.. bcus my study is at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen

Please, is Aberdeen conducive and accommodating for a self funding.. can one hustle wisely in Aberdeen. I knw london is like Lagos.
Please advice me house.
OR
Can anyone refer me to any school that waive IELTS for Nigeria. My waec is 2007, done with Bsc 2013.. i ve been working since 2015. ..

Please, i no won miss road. My school fees is 13k pounds. I need help abeg. Na better life i dey pursue to UK. I need better advice pls.
Thanks to you all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 10:45pm On May 14, 2020
adeniyy01:
Good day house,
Please i want to pay the 34% of my tuition fee next week if exchange rate speaks well. My fear is the news abt Aberdeen.. bcus my study is at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen

Please, is Aberdeen conducive and accommodating for a self funding.. can one hustle wisely in Aberdeen. I knw london is like Lagos.
Please advice me house.
OR
Can anyone refer me to any school that waive IELTS for Nigeria. My waec is 2007, done with Bsc 2013.. i ve been working since 2015. ..

Please, i no won miss road. My school fees is 13k pounds. I need help abeg. Na better life i dey pursue to UK. I need better advice pls.
Thanks to you all

Aberdeen is not a big city so I would not expect to easily find student jobs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:51pm On May 14, 2020
lander237:

A small city or town is one of the best characteristics to always look out for when thinking of getting a student job and living a comfortable lifestyle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 14, 2020
lander237:

Have any idea about student jobs in Leicester city tried to google about the city all I could get was football cry heard its close to London.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 11:03pm On May 14, 2020
STENON:
A small city or town is one of the best characteristics to always look out for when thinking of getting a student job and living a comfortable lifestyle.

Yeah? how so? Smaller cities do not have many opportunities generally. I get it that the cost of living might be cheaper but as for the jobs...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 11:11pm On May 14, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Have any idea about student jobs in Leicester city tried to google about the city all I could get was football cry heard its close to London.

check websites like; totaljobs, indeed, reed, glassdoor

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 11:16pm On May 14, 2020
lander237:

Yeah? how so? Smaller cities do not have many opportunities generally. I get it that the cost of living might be cheaper but as for the jobs...
Yes, No need to go a bigger city where you spend 40-120minutes inside bus before getting to work and you keep buying transport tickets.

smaller cities have many opportunities than most big cities.

People working in big cities always live in neighbouring small city due to cost of living and most employers in small city are always looking for people to recruit which is always a good way to start as a student.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:16pm On May 14, 2020
You are right.

Student jobs in Scotland are very limited except maybe Edinburgh because of its diversity and tourism. I think the lack of student jobs has to do with racism from Scots as well. They’re not as welcoming as Brits.

Only thing like you said, it’s the affordable living cost. If you are looking a lagos hustle, don’t bother with Aberdeen.
lander237:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 14, 2020
lander237:

check websites like; totaljobs, indeed, reed, glassdoor

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 11:26pm On May 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You are right.

Student jobs in Scotland are very limited except maybe Edinburgh because of its diversity and tourism. I think the lack of student jobs has to do with racism from Scots as well. They’re not as welcoming as Brits.

Only thing like you said, it’s the affordable living cost. If you are looking a lagos hustle, don’t bother with Aberdeen.
shocked Really Fear God ooo... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.