Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102412 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 11:38pm On May 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:
You are right.

Student jobs in Scotland are very limited except maybe Edinburgh because of its diversity and tourism. I think the lack of student jobs has to do with racism from Scots as well. They’re not as welcoming as Brits.

Only thing like you said, it’s the affordable living cost. If you are looking a lagos hustle, don’t bother with Aberdeen.

I mean, I do live in scotland and I don't think racism is higher here than in england. Its just that apart fro Glasgow and Edinburgh, the other "cities" are really really small.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lander237: 11:40pm On May 14, 2020
STENON:
Yes, No need to go a bigger city where you spend 40-120minutes inside bus before getting to work and you keep buying transport tickets.

smaller cities have many opportunities than most big cities.

People working in big cities always live in neighbouring small city due to cost of living and most employers in small city are always looking for people to recruit which is always a good way to start as a student.

Okay, I see your point. I am not sure that will be the case for Aberdeen, but who knows...

Maybe that works in england cause cities are quite packed close to each other.

I'd advise the op to get in touch with someone who lives there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:52pm On May 14, 2020
I am very God fearing
STENON:
shocked Really Fear God ooo... cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2020
STENON:
shocked Really Fear God ooo... cheesy

It’s not worth your time. This guy talking about Aberdeen hasn’t been to the airport yet. He’s a joke.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:50am On May 15, 2020
If only people that have travelled are the ones allowed to talk here, then this thread would have been ghosted long time ago. The said travellers or abroad residents do not always have time for Nairaland. How many guys abroad come on here often to advise? Most commenters here are prospective applicants. You don’t need to travel to be exposed. Researching, reading student websites and talking frequently with people based abroad goes a long way. I know someone that moved from Bedford to Aberdeen to be close to his partner. Since he got there, no jobs available and he always tells me how they’re racist towards him there than Bedford.
Everyone has a different experience. The fact that someone hasn’t experienced racism, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Also the fact that you keep assuming that I haven’t travelled before, it’s baffling because you don’t know me personally. No problem though, no offence taken. #staysafe.
mattfeuter:

It’s not worth your time. This guy talking about Aberdeen hasn’t been to the airport yet. He’s a joke.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:42pm On May 15, 2020
Skymoore1004:
If only people that have travelled are the ones allowed to talk here, then this thread would have been ghosted long time ago. The said travellers or abroad residents do not always have time for Nairaland. How many guys abroad come on here often to advise? Most commenters here are prospective applicants. You don’t need to travel to be exposed. Researching, reading student websites and talking frequently with people based abroad goes a long way. I know someone that moved from Bedford to Aberdeen to be close to his partner. Since he got there, no jobs available and he always tells me how they’re racist towards him there than Bedford.
Everyone has a different experience. The fact that someone hasn’t experienced racism, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Also the fact that you keep assuming that I haven’t travelled before, it’s baffling because you don’t know me personally. No problem though, no offence taken. #staysafe.

Listen man, nobody is saying only people that have travelled should comment but yours always sound like you’ve experienced it in real time when you’re just talking on “hearsay” and internet research.

On the previous U.K. thread, you fought with a guy (tobexin) who LIVES in the U.K. and is witnessing things first hand.

Do you also remember when you tried to discourage one guy on here simply because of his age?

Anyone who sees your post on Aberdeen and London would think it happened to you.

Who also told you guys from abroad don’t have time to comment on here ? They actually do, but most of them would rather avoid confrontation with people like you as it isn’t worth their time.

For example, if I want to study in London , I’d value the opinion of someone who lives and study in London than someone who lives in nigeria especially one that hasn’t been to the U.K. yet.

Just last week, they were making fun of you on the Canadian study thread.

Yes you can comment but, speak of what you know of only.

20 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 12:51pm On May 15, 2020
mattfeuter:

Listen man, nobody is saying only people that have travelled should comment but yours always sound like you’ve experienced it in real time when you’re just talking on “hearsay” and internet research.

On the previous U.K. thread, you fought with a guy (tobexin) who LIVES in the U.K. and is witnessing things first hand.

Do you also remember when you tried to discourage one guy on here simply because of his age?

Anyone who sees your post on Aberdeen and London would think it happened to you.

Who also told you guys from abroad don’t have time to comment on here ? They actually do, but most of them would rather avoid confrontation with people like you as it isn’t worth their time.

For example, if I want to study in London , I’d value the opinion of someone who lives and study in London than someone who lives in nigeria especially one that hasn’t been to the U.K. yet.

This one loud oooooo indaboski

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 1:09pm On May 15, 2020
This topic is very sensitive and is based on personal experiences. I have lived in a couple of cities here and have different experiences. You really can't generalize it. Be positive anywhere you find yourself, carry yourself well, be professional and if you ever experience such brush it off and move on

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:14pm On May 15, 2020
mattfeuter:

Quite right at the bolded.

Not to take sides, but here's my own experience of Scotland:

My girlfriend at the time got her masters from RGU in Aberdeen (2006). I used to visit her from time to time. She did use to complain a lot about the attitude of the locals re racism and all that, saying that they were more close-minded than [obviously] down south. She eventually graduated and got a job in Edinburgh, said it was the same, but a bit better [I only visited thrice or so], then she relocated down to London to complete her Ph.D, saying that she was sick of Scotland.

My own experience of the locals (admittedly drawn from short visits) was that they seemed more distant and less friendly than I was generally experiencing in London and generally in Manchester. They usually [sometimes rudely] kept asking me to repeat things in shops and all that, something which I honestly rarely got in London, except sometimes when buying stuff from foreigners like the Poles, etc. In their defence, their own accent is also sometimes incomprehensible, but I always tried to make the effort to understand what they were saying, even though they didn't seem inclined to return the favour.

So yes, I would say things are friendlier south of the border. However, Aberdeen is a smallish place, and such cities tend to be insular.

And finally, this is an experience from more than 10 years ago.

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:17pm On May 15, 2020
K
mattfeuter:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TuniLove: 2:00pm On May 15, 2020
@Cyberknight, thanks a lot.

Cyberknight:

My girlfriend at the time got her masters from RGU in Aberdeen (2006). I used to visit her from time to time. She did use to complain a lot about the attitude of the locals re racism and all that, saying that they were more close-minded than [obviously] down south. She eventually graduated and got a job in Edinburgh, said it was the same, but a bit better [I only visited thrice or so], then she relocated down to London to complete her Ph.D, saying that she was sick of Scotland.

My own experience of the locals (admittedly drawn from short visits) was that they seemed more distant and less friendly than I was generally experiencing in London and generally in Manchester. They usually [sometimes rudely] kept asking me to repeat things in shops and all that, something which I honestly rarely got in London, except sometimes when buying stuff from foreigners like the Poles, etc. In their defence, their own accent is also sometimes incomprehensible, but I always tried to make the effort to understand what they were saying, even though they didn't seem inclined to return the favour.

So yes, I would say things are friendlier south of the border. However, Aberdeen is a smallish place, and such cities tend to be insular.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by autolearner: 5:12pm On May 15, 2020
Came by this on TSR.

Any insider information on how this impacts the issuance of T4 visas against September?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HollateeK247: 6:26pm On May 15, 2020
Hello anthonanik, after you made your application, how long did it take before Teesside arrived at a final decision.
anthonanik:
THANKS A LOT FOR THE INFO, I REALLY APPRECIATE DEAR

TEESSIDE EVEN OFFERED ADVANCE PRACTICE AS WELL AND ALSO VC'S SCHOLARSHIP OF 5K WHICH I HAVE ALSO APPLIED FOR

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:29pm On May 15, 2020
No one can say for sure but given the fact that VACs might stay closed for a while suggests that tier 4 visas might not be issued for the 1st term.
UKVI has loads of applications that has been put on hold because of the situation, there will be quite a backlog of applications to work on and this might significantly delay Tier 4 applications even if they go ahead to issue visas for the 1st term of the next session.
autolearner:
Came by this on TSR.

Any insider information on how this impacts the issuance of T4 visas against September?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 15, 2020
4 working days. Although I was asked to submit some other prerequisite before the conditional offer came.
Reading now for IELTS exam cause that's the only thing left to make my offer unconditional

HollateeK247:
Hello anthonanik, after you made your application, how long did it take before Teesside arrived at a final decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:25pm On May 15, 2020
anthonanik:
4 working days. Although I was asked to submit some other prerequisite before the conditional offer came.
Reading now for IELTS exam cause that's the only thing left to make my offer unconditional

Why IELTS ? what of your WAEC certificate.... a lot of schools accept that instead

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tobexin(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2020
Like I do say it the way you portray yourself that is the way you will be treated! I noticed that most Africans here have what we called this inferiority complex or whatever they call it. They paved way for whatsoever treatment they are been given! I can tell you if you portray yourself right in Uk whatsoever part you are the sky will be your limit! The simple truth is this where ever you find yourself working always do your best! Mind your business! Don’t join the other Nigeria to Poke nose this is common among our brothers also dress neat and smart. The whites love those who work deligently and smartly they would be all over you but once you give in to some certain attitudes that contravene their worldview hence racism comes in.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 15, 2020
Yeah I am aware.

My English is D7 so that's why

LagosismyHome:

Why IELTS ? what of your WAEC certificate.... a lot of schools accept that instead
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:23pm On May 15, 2020
Do you have Neco? Or can you get certificate of studies in English from your university?
anthonanik:
Yeah I am aware.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:38pm On May 15, 2020
I would have said go for Teeside because of the cost but Public health will secure you a job faster. The £5500 is for 1st year right? Then £7500 second year?

anthonanik:
I want to use this podium to say big thanks to Skymoore,Justwise,Mimilyrics,SegunWamir,Mamacajah etc if u no see ur name abeg no vex..for their immense effort towards updating us on UK students movement and preparations.

Please I have few questions to ask,

1, I gained admission to study Msc in Energy and Environmental Management(18 months) at Teesside University Tuition £5500 after schorlaship.
Msc in Health and Safety Environment(1 year) at University of South Wales, Tuition £11800 after scholarship.
Msc in Public Health(1 year) at Sunderland University, Tuition £12,500 after scholarship as well.

Please I need advice based on financial aspect cause money isn't that much to waste. course among them that is worth going for regarding good investment return.

2, I want to know if UK 2 years post study work still stands cause that's one of my major reason opting for UK schools. Honestly at this point nobody knows. The government said it will start from 2021 but since then, no update. I even emailed one of the universities, and they were beating around the bush. They said no update yet but it should happen.

3, Can someone go for another program at the end of the first one in UK? No, except you justify study progression on why you want to do another level 7 program.

4, Someone earlier on this tread said that she's kind of regretting her course of choice relating to environmental program, is environmental related course not sell-able in UK? There’s no course that is not sellable. It all about your skills and previous work experience. How good are you? What will you bring to the table.?

Finally, I really need to know prerequisites for someone to regularize(legally) in UK or move into another country after study, like the possibilities.
Options for being legal in the U.K. will include Tier2, Tier 5 , Spouse Visa, etc. Moving to another country solely is easier from the U.K. than Nigeria. However you will still have to meet the same work requirements regardless of where you are located.

An unrelated advice, try to build your travel experience as much as you can whilst studying in the U.K. It will make immigration easier for you even if you come back to Nigeria.

Thanks..Waiting for una response plsssss

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:43pm On May 15, 2020
anthonanik:
Yeah I am aware.

Ah ok.... All the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:47pm On May 15, 2020
Kcivskod:
civskod:
Hello everyone I just want someone to advice me I'm planning on going 2 the uk for my masters though i studied an education course but i finished with a 2.1 I'm planning of applying for computer science for my masters
1. Is it possible? You may not be eligible for Msc computer science, except you have an extensive work experience. You can try applying though, it’s free.

2. Can I also be working as a student? Yes. You can work 20 hours a week during term time & full time during holidays.

3. Computer science in the UK how profitable is it? It’s under the IT field, so yes very profitable if you’re good at it. Not just Uk, anywhere else.
I will suggest Estonia if you’re looking for IT jobs after studies. They respect U.K. graduates & hire IT guys often. PR too it’s easy there.

All The Best
Thanks for your advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:54pm On May 15, 2020
Teesside doesn’t take time.
Offer came within 5 working days but not going with them
HollateeK247:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:57pm On May 15, 2020
Same statement but different reactions.
Nairaland full of hypocrites lol grin

It is well

P:S: @cyberknight, not referring to you smiley
Cyberknight:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 12:18am On May 16, 2020
Tobexin:
Like I do say it the way you portray yourself that is the way you will be treated! I noticed that most Africans here have what we called this inferiority complex or whatever they call it. They paved way for whatsoever treatment they are been given! I can tell you if you portray yourself right in Uk whatsoever part you are the sky will be your limit! [/b]The simple truth is this where ever you find yourself working always do your best! [b]Mind your business! Don’t join the other Nigeria to Poke nose this is common among our brothers also dress neat and smart. The whites love those who work deligently and smartly they would be all over you but once you give in to some certain attitudes that contravene their worldview hence racism comes in.
Thanks, You have said it all. Don't mind them, let them keep wailing racism. When they leave the right thing and any corrections made by the white to correct them is called racism. Truth be told, I will rather employ a white in my company than black , pokenosing and procrastination is always what most people bring to the table, they will never stop showing and displaying our childish african arrogance of "I am the boss". A white person is humble in all manner and aspect of life and are always ready to help one another. Black will always pretend with you and will never show you the way out here. Oyinbo life is based on principle, it is either you abide by the rule or deal with the consequence. Don't come late to work, don't operate phone while on duty, dress neatly and responsibly, apply makeup and deodorant, don't bring your church sermon to work cos most people are not even religious, yet they live a normal and life worthy of making heaven. In short , look presentable and be proud of yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nollywoodlove(f): 12:27am On May 16, 2020
Hello good people. I have some few followup questions on this process.
1. I see that almost all UK schools accept WAEC as an acceptable proof of English. Is there a time limit for the results allowed? My WAEC was written in 2011. Will I be facing any issues? If yes, how can i overcome such issues?
2. When it comes to proof of funds, can I show a statement in a mutual funds account, or the amount has to be kept in a regular savings/current account?
Thanks to everyone trying to help on this thread. God bless.

cc Justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:32am On May 16, 2020
Nollywoodlove:
Hello good people. I have some few followup questions on this process.
1. I see that almost all UK schools accept WAEC as an acceptable proof of English. Is there a time limit for the results allowed? My WAEC was written in 2011. Will I be facing any issues? If yes, how can i overcome such issues? Not all universities mind eg Northumbria, but you can support it with a letter of studies in English from your university.
2. When it comes to proof of funds, can I show a statement in a mutual funds account, or the amount has to be kept in a regular savings/current account? Regular personal savings/current account please. No mutual funds or company account
Thanks to everyone trying to help on this thread. God bless.

cc Justwise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:32am On May 16, 2020
lol, it is well
STENON:
Thanks, You have said it all. Don't mind them, let them keep wailing racism. When they leave the right thing and any corrections made by the white to correct them is called racism. Truth be told, I will rather employ a white in my company than black , pokenosing and procrastination is always what most people bring to the table, they will never stop showing and displaying our childish african arrogance of "I am the boss" A white person is humble in all manner and aspect of life and are always ready to help one another. Black will always pretend with you and will never show you the way out here. Oyinbo life is based on principle, it is either you abide by the rule or deal with the consequence. Don't come late to work, don't operate phone while on duty, dress neatly and responsibly, apply makeup and deodorant, don't bring your church sermon to work cos most people are not even religious, yet they live a normal and life worthy of making heaven. In short , look presentable and be proud of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HollateeK247: 12:49am On May 16, 2020
Thank you for your reply
Success in your forthcoming IELTS exams.
anthonanik:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HollateeK247: 1:02am On May 16, 2020
Thank you Skymoore1004, so what institution are you opting for plus did you get the £2000 tuition reduction.
Skymoore1004:
Teesside doesn’t take time.
Offer came within 5 working days but not going with them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:13am On May 16, 2020
Yes the £2000 is automatic tuition discount for everyone. Haven’t decided on which institution or country, still taking my time to decide.

All The Best with your application
HollateeK247:
Thank you Skymoore1004, so what institution are you opting for plus did you get the £2000 tuition reduction.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:18am On May 16, 2020
STENON:
Thanks, You have said it all. Don't mind them, let them keep wailing racism. When they leave the right thing and any corrections made by the white to correct them is called racism. Truth be told, I will rather employ a white in my company than black , pokenosing and procrastination is always what most people bring to the table, they will never stop showing and displaying our childish african arrogance of "I am the boss". A white person is humble in all manner and aspect of life and are always ready to help one another. [b]Black will always pretend with you and will never show you the way out here. [/b]Oyinbo life is based on principle, it is either you abide by the rule or deal with the consequence. Don't come late to work, don't operate phone while on duty, dress neatly and responsibly, apply makeup and deodorant, don't bring your church sermon to work cos most people are not even religious, yet they live a normal and life worthy of making heaven. In short , look presentable and be proud of yourself.
It is even you that have been stigmatised for you to choose other race over your kind and saying all blacks are pretenders
Hero worshipping white as if all of them are wise. Some of these white you glorify are incompetent and full of hypocrisy. You are suffering from inferiority complex and you need to change your bad stigma.
For you to generalise that all black as bad that shows the kind of bad company you keep and where you stay isnt good enough. You do not follow intellectual blacks of your kind.

If you like work as a workaholic and be a source of spoonfeeder, those white men can never and ever see you as equal. They pretend and will only treat you well if you are invaluable. If you are not, you are been outcasted and left to be fired. They apply institutional racism and see you as aggressive when you claim for your right.

You better sit up and remember home and when you came from. Do not let anyone deceive you. When you want to reach the top and managerial level in your career, you will understand what I mean. You will always be down bottom in their eyes.

Also, you should not generalise and see black as evil because you have not mingle with good competent blacks of high class. You should always the individual competence, attitude and honesty over race. We black in the diaspora do not help each other.

The Chinese, Pakistanis, Indians and many more help each other. You will see them dominant in a company in which their head is of their race. Many shops are owned by them and gradually eradicating poverty in their country.

But we blacks can never help each other because you all see black as evil. Why wont there be continued racism when you dont see yourself as the best and the boss. Why do you think the white and english people phrased their language to make everything black evil and negative:

black things black sheep, black day, black(blackmail), disrepute (black mark), rejection (blackball), banishment (blacklist), impurity (not the driven snow), illicitness (black market), black (devil) and death. Why is everything white good: white day, white holiday, white (peace) white (purity), white (godliness) and many more. They are just saying, you blacks are shit indirectly.

Believe in yourself as see yourself as superior and in control. Make yourself important and dont become a lapdog to the white.

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.