Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086787 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RonaldJAY: 12:23am On Sep 12, 2020
naledis:

Congrats! I’m flying British Airways and booking through wakanow as they currently have flight deals for students. You can call them tomorrow

When do you intend to travel?whats their flight fare?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2020
RonaldJAY:

When do you intend to travel?whats their flight fare?

Haven’t decided on a travel date but the BA fares appear to be from N250,000 through wakanow. They’ll confirm exact fare based on your travel date. Check their Instagram page for more info. That’s where I saw the Student Fare promotion

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kaylov12: 12:40am On Sep 12, 2020
ajags80:
Good Evening All,

Please help. After my bio-metrics and Interview, was I supposed to get a mail from UKVI? Because I did not. My Interview was on August 26th and I just need to be sure. Someone said they should have asked me to confirm my email and i should have a mail from them. The last email I have is the TLS Contact mail about my appointment date. I used the link (TLS) to track though and its been on on stage 2 "application transferred to decision Making Center" for over a week.

Do I need to check if they have my correct email? If yes, please what email can I channel this through?

Grateful for your help and Regards.
We are in the same boat, hope to sail through nextweek.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fabulous05(m): 12:42am On Sep 12, 2020
Messyodi:

If your number was reachable and you where not called again then expect a positive feedback. When was your first interview and which VAC?

Does this mean that you will be told if there will be a phone interview?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 12:44am On Sep 12, 2020
Backcheck:

I just found out their dollar Dom account monthly limit is $1000 �
GTB monthly limit is now I think 100usd. Hence the rejection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 12:50am On Sep 12, 2020
[quote author=Risazii post=93829424][/quote]

Oh sorry, I’m referring to the Naira debit card limit for international transaction
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 1:26am On Sep 12, 2020
Please what's the process of splitting the payment ?

ralphtamtobi:
I paid both IHS and visa fee with Naira card via Paga verve.

You just need to split the money into 2 accounts.

You don't have to open paga account

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:42am On Sep 12, 2020
marshsimon:
your reasoning for this abrupt response? Im sure there are persons on here who would like to have a foreign account irrespective of whether they get approved entry into the country or not

FRAUD ALERT
FRAUD ALERT
FRAUD ALERT

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:43am On Sep 12, 2020
marshsimon:
coming to study in uk, need your own uk bank account prior to entry, contact me for further info

FRAUD ALERT
FRAUD ALERT
FRAUD ALERT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 1:43am On Sep 12, 2020
Yeah! Ready for pick up

covidia:
I don’t think so. Your passport is back ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 1:48am On Sep 12, 2020
That was quickyyy
toyclicks:
Yeah! Ready for pick up

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fabfive: 3:42am On Sep 12, 2020
Did you do any interview?
toyclicks:
Yeah! Ready for pick up

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fabfive: 3:43am On Sep 12, 2020
Thank you!
mimilyrics:
Check your form to ascertain that there's no error on it. If done and you're sure that there's no error, then no problem. You would need to include the same documents types (birth certificate, TB test) that you're including for your 9 year old.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 4:05am On Sep 12, 2020
naledis:

Haven’t decided on a travel date but the BA fares appear to be from N250,000. They’ll confirm exact fare based on your travel date. Check their Instagram page for more info. That’s where I saw the Student Fare promotion

How do you book BA. I just checked their flight schedule and they do not have flights from Lagos to London.
Even wakanow was upto 500k for this route
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BelleJay: 4:31am On Sep 12, 2020
I think it depends on the date you want to travel. I just checked. The fare for the date I put in is approximately N252,000

jadepinkett:

How do you book BA. I just checked their flight schedule and they do not have flights from Lagos to London.
Even wakanow was upto 500k for this route
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hazvat(f): 6:19am On Sep 12, 2020
qonfupanda:
Alhamdulilah!!!
Visa approved for my wife and my friend
They both submitted on the 20th of August.
Interviewed : 20th of August
Visa transfered to VAC 10th of September
Collection mail 10th of September.
Passport collected 11th of September.
Special thanks to MIMILYRICS( she is actually a life saver) and everyone who has contributed to this precious journey.
I wish every prospective applicant best of luck �.
I am Greatful to Allah.
I rejoice with you. MaashaAllah, my own too will be alhamdullilah like yours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by badtempest: 6:44am On Sep 12, 2020
BelleJay:
I think it depends on the date you want to travel. I just checked. The fare for the date I put in is approximately N252,000

Emirates has some close dates for this too but you’d do covid test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 6:51am On Sep 12, 2020
Wield:
Please who can put me through the paga payment thing for IHS and visa fee. I'm not getting it, I dont mind if it via call just drop your phone number. Thanks in advance

register on paga load your page wallet with the money.. then go to the IHS site and proceed to payment choose paga.. it will ask you to login you paga details after then take you to the payment platform then you pay .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Waledarep(m): 6:59am On Sep 12, 2020
Form A with Sterling Bank .

iamlinton:

Please what modalty did you use while paying your tuition

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 6:59am On Sep 12, 2020
fabulous05:

Does this mean that you will be told if there will be a phone interview?

Not always... sometimes you get a random
Call.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ajags80: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2020
kaylov12:

We are in the same boat, hope to sail through nextweek.

Thank you Kaylov12.....
The wait is looking like 3months. Wish us all good news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2020
Waledarep:
Form A with Sterling Bank .

Like how much was the exchange rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joseph1960: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2020
RonaldJAY:
VISA APPROVED! VISA GRANTED!! VISA GIVEN!!

I finally rejoice on the outcome of my visa application.

27th July,submitted my application

13th August,did my biometrics/interview (walk-in) at Victoria island,Lagos.

30th August,got the non straight forward message.

9th September ,got a mail that my BRP has been dispatched.

10th September,visa application transferred to VAC

11th September,visa received by VAC and ready for collection

11th,Rushed to VAC and took my passport/VISA

PLEASE WHO’s going to UNIVERSITY OF ESSEX?

Who’s also using British Airways through London Heathrow airport?am booking for 23rd September.

Finally,thank you everyone,congratulations to all those expecting their visa too
congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2020
Good morning everyone, please help me, I planned going for my master in one of the cheap universities in Manchester within the range of £5000 to £10,000. I have used findamaster.com all what I am seeing is £16k to £23k. I studied political science(ed.) I don't mind changing my field too. Searched thru the night even school site. Especially university of Manchester, university of salford and Manchester Metropolitan uni. Eejo Biko help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2020
Check Bolton

Tinadear:
Good morning everyone, please help me, I planned going for my master in one of the cheap universities in Manchester within the range of £5000 to £10,000. I have used findamaster.com all what I am seeing is £16k to £23k. I studied political science(ed.) I don't mind changing my field too. Searched thru the night even school site. Especially university of Manchester, university of salford and Manchester Metropolitan uni. Eejo Biko help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2020
You wouldn’t find anything for £5k.

Is there a reason why you’re restricting yourself to Manchester? Free accommodation? If so, you can also try Bolton and the Unis in Liverpool (Liverpool John Moore and Liverpool Hope). Neither of them would be as low as £5k sha and you’d have to pay for the commute.

Fees are typically around £10-11k (if you graduated with a 2.1 and can get some discounts) but more like £12-14k.

The Uni of Liverpool and Manchester types are all over £20k.

Tinadear:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2020
toyclicks:

Check Bolton

Thanks sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 8:38am On Sep 12, 2020
Thanks sir, my sponsor said Manchester and I had 2.2
Oloshi83:
You wouldn’t find anything for £5k.

Is there a reason why you’re restricting yourself to Manchester? Free accommodation? If so, you can also try Bolton and the Unis in Liverpool (Liverpool John Moore and Liverpool Hope). Neither of them would be as low as £5k sha and you’d have to pay for the commute.

Fees are typically around £10-11k (if you graduated with a 2.1 and can get some discounts) but more like £12-14k.

The Uni of Liverpool and Manchester types are all over £20k.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 8:40am On Sep 12, 2020
No

Fabfive:
Did you do any interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 12, 2020
Tinadear:
Thanks sir, my sponsor said Manchester and I had 2.2

Try University of Salford or Manchester Metropolitan University.

They accept 2.2 and cheaper school fees. In particular try Salford as they give scholarships to Africa and some specific courses: https://www.salford.ac.uk/international/scholarships.

Run away from University of Manchester as they choose 2.1. Also, their school fees is about 25k and above.

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olaypappy: 8:55am On Sep 12, 2020
You can try Bolton uni, its within greater Manchester. Manchester Metropolitan's masters fees start from around £16k but you should get a £2k scholarship discount with your 2.2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2020
Congratulations!! This will be my family story In jesus name, Amen.
solarinde:
Visa ! Visa !! Visa!!!
The hand of God brought all our visas today, after interview questions like only me they go UK and sleepless nights of tracking and waiting for decision
Timeline
14th August: Main Applicant application
15th August: Dependants application
19th August: Dependants biometric
26th August: Main applicant biometric
27th August: Main applicant Interview
10th September: Application transferred to VAC
10th September: applicant at doorstep of TLS without receiving collection email , but collection mail latter came
10 September: All visas received.

Those still waiting, your testimony is next. Amen

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.