Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,999 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087878 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
Praiseog:
Please, for assisted service, will my bank statement ends around the time of my appointment date for biometrics. I paid on September 7 and appointment date is Sept 24

If you paid your IHS and Visa fee on the 7th, the money must have been in your account for at least 28 days before that date. You need to show this.
You can as well print one that contains the dates between 7th and 24th but in addition to this, you must add the 28 days b4 the 7th of September.

9th August to 7th September is like 29 days.. you can decide to print from 9th August up to 24th September. It's up to you.
I hope you get my explanation

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 6:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
chidos83:

Pls how do I upgrade to level 3? It is saying 90% complete but I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade to level 3. Pls help me

You have to download the mobile app
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
ChinnyCliff:
Hello everyone. Good evening. My husband just got admission in Robert Gordon University. Aberdeen. We have just one kid. Pls is advisable we apply for the visa together or he apply first. Pls I need all the guidance we need. Gurus come and help pls. Thank you all

Either way is fine. If you have the money to show maintenance fee for everyone and to make all payments(visa and IHS) then you can as well go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Praiseog: 6:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mishaelonye:
For whatever service you may have applied for, just make sure that you statement of account should have stayed at least 30days before you present it. This is just to be safe. Then you appointment date can be the next day after printout. Cheers.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Praiseog: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2020
Arhmiee:

If you paid your IHS and Visa fee on the 7th, the money must have been in your account for at least 28 days before that date. You need to show this.
You can as well print one that contains the dates between 7th and 24th but in addition to this, you must add the 28 days b4 the 7th of September.

9th August to 7th September is like 29 days.. you can decide to print from 9th August up to 24th September. It's up to you.
I hope you get my explanation

Thank you, I will go for 9th August to 24th September to capture the 28days before payment date and the remaining days till appointment date. But please what about the rule of not more than 31days as the selected period is about 45days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
mdeeokoye:
Thanks a lot for this. However can u kindly send me the link?

Welcome. The screenshot I shared is from UKCISA
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Council-Tax
You could also check out the website of the council you'll be schooling in. It usually contains what you need to do to be exempt from paying council tax.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Pls guys what's yellow card for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BESTOFIT: 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
Good evening to everyone,...I submitted application July 31st, got appointment for Sept. 3 but did a walk-in on the 13th of August and got my Visa on the 31st of August. I arrived in the UK on Tuesday 8th of September via BA on a one way ticket @ #388k.

In case you are traveling, remember to fill the UK govt isolation contact online form required of you 48 hours before your flight.

I'm with my brother in Peterborough but my school is in Hull...which is about 2.5 hours from Peterborough. Fortunately for me, courses this semester so far will be online, hence I can hang around till things are better out there or when I'm ready.
A BIG shout out to the organisers of this forum,... Your views , instructions and leadings really helped out. Thanks.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joseph1960: 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
BESTOFIT:
Good evening to everyone,...I submitted application July 31st, got appointment for Sept. 3 but did a walk-in on the 13th of August and got my Visa on the 31st of August. I arrived in the UK on Tuesday 8th of September via BA on a one way ticket @ #388k.

In case you are traveling, remember to fill the UK govt isolation contact online form required of you 48 hours before your flight.

I'm with my brother in Peterborough but my school is in Hull...which is about 2.5 hours from Peterborough. Fortunately for me, courses this semester so far will be online, hence I can hang around till things are better out there or when I'm ready.
A BIG shout out to the organisers of this forum,... Your views , instructions and leadings really helped out. Thanks.
congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 10:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
Congratulations. Please a quick one.
The place you are staying at, did your brother provide a single room en suite for you or you guys are in the same room?

Please sorry I know this questions might intrude but I need some clarity on this particular issue.

Thank you

BESTOFIT:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Donracy:
The place you are staying at, did your brother provide a single room en suite for you or you guys are in the same room?

Please sorry I know this questions might intrude but I need some clarity on this particular issue.

Thank you

This clarification is it in terms of self isolation ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luvdbyursista(m): 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
Please I need help on how to pay for the priority service on the tls website..with the restrictions on international transactions above $100..how do i make this payment succesfully since I can't seem to find the paga option?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ronaldod2nd: 11:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
inphoenix:

You cannot "check" after submission. There's a submission/collection checklist that is printed out for you, the same one you present at the point of collection of your passport. It identifies the documents that were uploaded for you

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I checked the checklist and it says they marked that they uploaded "evidence of any correspondence" but it did not actually mention what document(s) that was. This is my confusion! But my question is, do they crosscheck the details on the CAS to ensure they left nothing out (as mentioned on the CAS)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BESTOFIT: 12:58am On Sep 14, 2020
Donracy:

Thank you

I have a small room to myself

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Wehinmi: 1:00am On Sep 14, 2020
Please anyone going to the University of southampton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 1:36am On Sep 14, 2020
ronaldod2nd:

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I checked the checklist and it says they marked that they uploaded "evidence of any correspondence" but it did not actually mention what document(s) that was. This is my confusion! But my question is, do they crosscheck the details on the CAS to ensure they left nothing out (as mentioned on the CAS)

1. They cannot possibly name every single document you provided individually, the documents are grouped and uploaded under subheads eg financial, family, accommodation etc

2. There is no reason to be confused. I reckon you were right there when your documents were being scanned so you would know if any documents were left out.

3. If you indeed presented the documents specified in your CAS for scanning, then rest assured they were uploaded by the TLScontact staff that attended to you. Don't bother your pretty head about "crosschecking" at this point.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 1:55am On Sep 14, 2020
Same here, been on it since Friday morning. I thought
I was the only one experiencing it

chidos83:

I have tried using paga, paga verve to pay for my ihs. Keeps giving me error message. I am paying $2085 I donno if that is the problem. I have used different bank atm, browsers and even laptop. No success. Please what do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 2:06am On Sep 14, 2020
Thank you.

Clarified

BESTOFIT:

I have a small room to myself
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 2:39am On Sep 14, 2020
Please those of us trying to pay our IHS fee if your payment goes through via paga verve pls inform us here. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by neyobeatz: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2020
toyclicks:
Do I need to worry that this is too fast? I did biometrics just this Monday. No interview

Please, What's the status of your application now??

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luvdbyursista(m): 9:11am On Sep 14, 2020
Luvdbyursista:
Please I need help on how to pay for the priority service on the tls website..with the restrictions on international transactions above $100..how do i make this payment succesfully since I can't seem to find the paga option?
Please i need help with these
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2020
Luvdbyursista:

Please i need help with these

Hello, how much is the Payment?

Have you tried using a Dom account? If you don't have that, try using Alat by wema Card. Their limit is I think $500
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luvdbyursista(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2020
Backcheck:

Hello, how much is the Payment?

Have you tried using a Dom account? If you don't have that, try using Alat by wema Card. Their limit is I think $500
About 200 pounds..should be abt $282
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2020
Hello please whats the implication of this message, is it that I have to have finished my process or that I have to be in school by then? Elders in the house please help.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayrash: 9:47am On Sep 14, 2020
Hello Great minds,
Kindly which schools in the UK are presently taking in third class degree holders for a master's programs
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaylap: 9:50am On Sep 14, 2020
Received a non straight forward email just now.
Biometrics and Interview was on Aug 26 at TLS Ikeja. I’M SCARED OH

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2020
Normally, this means that you have to have arrived on campus and physically completed your enrolment with the school by that date but with the Covid-19 situation and the temporary measures put in place for students to study remotely / online, you'd have to ask you school exactly what this means and if they are referring to the online or physical enrolment.
just4obitex:
Hello please whats the implication of this message, is it that I have to have finished my process or that I have to be in school by then? Elders in the house please help.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2020
No biggie. So long your docs are fine. Expect an extra day or two.
Jaylap:
Received a non straight forward email just now.
Biometrics and Interview was on Aug 26 at TLS Ikeja. I’M SCARED OH
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2020
Even though some schools specifically state the entry requirement grade as first class, 2.1, or minimum of 2.2, they will offer you admission if your personal statement (professional, volunteer and personal experiences) embodies all the qualities that they seek in prospective students so no harm in trying.
Anglia Ruskin University and University of Kent are 2 of such universities. If I remember any more, I will update if no one else has mentioned what i come up with.
bayrash:
Hello Great minds,
Kindly which schools in the UK are presently taking in third class degree holders for a master's programs
Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 10:03am On Sep 14, 2020
Luvdbyursista:

About 200 pounds..should be abt $282

Wema bank card should be able to handle it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2020
bayrash:
Hello Great minds,
Thank you

Different schools. You can check the requirements for schools you have in mind. Most likely if you see "a minimum 2.2". That can be a pointer.
But basically just try where you want and see how it goes. Applications for UK schools are usually free and without stress.

Or you do programs like 'INTO', Pre Masters of which you geta 2year visa to cover the program then subsequent Masters.

Hope this is useful

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2020
Risazii:
Please those of us trying to pay our IHS fee if your payment goes through via paga verve pls inform us here. Thank you

For the IHS you cant pay more than $1000 with Paga verve, even lower, depending on your bank. Rather, I’ll advise you open a Paga account, upgrade to level 3 by adding requested documents and make your payment by choosing the ‘Paga’ option Instead of the ‘Paga verve’

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.