Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087760 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bjpumps(f): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

Submitted about August 27th
Biometrics on September 7th
Got mail stating that a decision has been made on September 11th
Picked up passport today 14th of Sept.

Thank you to everyone especially those who responded to my queries.

To new beginnings!!

44 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
bjpumps:
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

To new beginnings!!

Congratulations! so happy for you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by asatin007: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
bjpumps:
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

To new beginnings!!

Congratulations �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
iphie1984:
Hello house please anyone wnt for biometrics and interview today at ikeja centre?How was it? Kindly share your experience mine is tomorrow.
Was it in biometrics or both. Thanks. Mine is tomorrow
i did mine today, walk in though and there was no interview.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by deph: 6:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
bjpumps:
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

To new beginnings!!

Congratulations...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seun4paul(m): 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
Thanking God for the testimonies and the visas approval thus far. I pray that those who did their biometric and interview as from 25th of August and beyond shall receive their own student visas promptly by God's grace. Amen in Jesus mighty name.

21 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
bjpumps:
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

To new beginnings!!

Congratulations. Did you do priority ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
seun4paul:
Thanking God for the testimonies and the visas approval thus far. I pray that those who did their biometric and interview as from 25th of August and beyond shall receive their own student visas promptly by God's grace. Amen in Jesus mighty name.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Kikspie:
Hello house, please I am new here and I would like to commend the effort you guys put in attending to peoples questions, God bless you all.
Please I would be glad if I can get some advice, I have a law degree and I am looking to do a masters programme in the UK, I have an option of llm oil and gas and MSC financial management in terms of prospects in the UK and international job market which would be advisable to go for.

I'd advise you didn't waste your time and precious money with this proposed LL.M.
Or LL.M in international law, the other usual suspect.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
covidia:
Same heree
Best wishes cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mayluv(f): 6:35pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hello all, has anyone travelled to the UK from Nigeria recently? Did you need to do a covid test? Especially those who travelled with BA. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
Kikspie:
Hello house, please I am new here and I would like to commend the effort you guys put in attending to peoples questions, God bless you all.
Please I would be glad if I can get some advice, I have a law degree and I am looking to do a masters programme in the UK, I have an option of llm oil and gas and MSC financial management in terms of prospects in the UK and international job market which would be advisable to go for.

If you are looking at job prospects in UK after studies, then you need to do research into the fields in demand..up front, I would say Social Work would be a good fit for you as a lawyer but you would need to be able to demonstrate that you have social care experience.. if you are into IT, DataScience or Data Analytics is also a good field...you would need to show your experience in IT to get admission for this program
So look at your different work experience, be it volunteer or teaching ...check the UK shortage list for an idea of the areas that sem to be in demand..
then apply and get the admission

However, if you want to do this program for work advancement opportunities in NIgeria.. then you are free to do any of the courses you indicated in your post.. hope this my 2cents helps you a bit..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
Pls how do i track my application on the ukvi website pls as in which link i de go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
mayluv:
Hello all, has anyone travelled to the UK from Nigeria recently? Did you need to do a covid test? Especially those who travelled with BA. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

I know someone the travelled with BA they didn’t need a covid test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
mayluv:

No Covid test needed if travelling with British Airways.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
Congrats

Are you traveling from Lagos or Abuja?

RonaldJAY:
VISA APPROVED! VISA GRANTED!! VISA GIVEN!!

I finally rejoice on the outcome of my visa application.

27th July,submitted my application

13th August,did my biometrics/interview (walk-in) at Victoria island,Lagos.

30th August,got the non straight forward message.

9th September ,got a mail that my BRP has been dispatched.

10th September,visa application transferred to VAC

11th September,visa received by VAC and ready for collection

11th,Rushed to VAC and took my passport/VISA

PLEASE WHO’s going to UNIVERSITY OF ESSEX?

Who’s also using British Airways through London Heathrow airport?am booking for 23rd September.

Finally,thank you everyone,congratulations to all those expecting their visa too

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
seun4paul:

Amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
mamacajah:

If you are looking at job prospects in UK after studies, then you need to do research into the fields in demand..up front, I would say Social Work would be a good fit for you as a lawyer but you would need to be able to demonstrate that you have social care experience.. if you are into IT, DataScience or Data Analytics is also a good field...you would need to show your experience in IT to get admission for this program
So look at your different work experience, be it volunteer or teaching ...check the UK shortage list for an idea of the areas that sem to be in demand..
then apply and get the admission

However, if you want to do this program for work advancement opportunities in NIgeria.. then you are free to do any of the courses you indicated in your post.. hope this my 2cents helps you a bit..

Do you know if it easy or possible to get tier 2 for social works. Tried checking google and didnt find much info.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by neyobeatz: 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
bjpumps:
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

To new beginnings!!

Congratulations! When is your resumption date??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Do you know if it easy or possible to get tier 2 for social works. Tried checking google and didnt find much info.
Social work is easier to get sponsorship as a student.. I don't know as at now if they do take overseas candidates,
however the new health and social care visa starting in January would help facilitate this...
I think, just like other health related fields, the individual would need to contact the different bodies like Social Work England, Social Work Soctland, etc and find out the possibilities of registering as a member.. the key thing is to get registration with UK Social Work Body (BASW has loads of information-https://www.basw.co.uk/), then work with an agency to get job opportunities.. I believe there would be some exams that might be needed to be done becos of the different laws and policies like Scotland Social work works with Scottish Law, same for England and Wales...

I am a new comer myself, so I am just giving the information I have read so far, you might need to discuss with actual social work agencies to get more information..hope this helps!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Congrats.

Did you travel from Nigeria? If yes, did they check for covid test certificate before you were allowed to check in?

BESTOFIT:
Good evening to everyone,...I submitted application July 31st, got appointment for Sept. 3 but did a walk-in on the 13th of August and got my Visa on the 31st of August. I arrived in the UK on Tuesday 8th of September via BA on a one way ticket @ #388k.

In case you are traveling, remember to fill the UK govt isolation contact online form required of you 48 hours before your flight.

I'm with my brother in Peterborough but my school is in Hull...which is about 2.5 hours from Peterborough. Fortunately for me, courses this semester so far will be online, hence I can hang around till things are better out there or when I'm ready.
A BIG shout out to the organisers of this forum,... Your views , instructions and leadings really helped out. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 7:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
mattfeuter:

But there’s a portal where departing passengers need to register. And it takes you on to a registration page asking you to select a test center for the test after paying N50,400. I don’t understand why the federal government is mandating departing passengers to do a covid test especially when the airline and country one is traveling to isn’t demanding one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
excellence235:
Congrats.

Did you travel from Nigeria? If yes, did they check for covid test certificate before you were allowed to check in?

I need to get clarification on this too. British Airways has confirmed that a covid test result is not mandatory but I would hate to get to the airport and authorities still demand one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by modupeesa: 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
Amen �

seun4paul:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
Please can someone assist me on how i can track my visa application pls...tried reading previous pages.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ChicFashion(f): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
Yes you can, immediately you qualify to register with Social Work England which is the licensing body. Most Social work MSC will make you eligible to register.

Msc Social work is a 2 years masters program. Yes they accept international students but you need relevant first degree. If you dont have that, then you need reference from volunteer work you have done, e.g. in the past 6 months or more. (With an NGO or any business that helps people.live a better life)

Your personal statement also has to be very good, the dept or subject tutor will also conduct their own interview to determine your eligibility before they give you an offer.

Social Work is on the shortage list, and also comes under the new Health and Social Care Visa. So yes, it is easy to get a Tier 2 visa once you complete a BSC or MSC.

quote author=LagosismyHome post=93924268]

Do you know if it easy or possible to get tier 2 for social works. Tried checking google and didnt find much info. [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mayluv(f): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
mattfeuter:

Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mayluv(f): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
QueensRoad1:

I know someone the travelled with BA they didn’t need a covid test.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
naledis:

I need to get clarification on this too. British Airways has confirmed that a covid test result is not mandatory but I would hate to get to the airport and authorities still demand one

Exactly! This is why I am asking. Cos it’s like Nigeria isn’t sure of what they want. Plus, you can’t trust airport officials. Small power like this and they’ll become gods
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lawrence6:
Please can someone assist me on how i can track my visa application pls...tried reading previous pages.

Download the TLSCONTACT app
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2020
Lawrence6:

Follow the link UKVI sent to you when you paid for your visa fee to the TLS site, You’ll see “Track” there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.