Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090326 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iamslickp: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
Any phone interview
Kolajayy01:
Did my biometric on Monday at VI Center! Priority. Just got a mail now that my passport is ready for collection! Why so fast?? It’s not up to 5working days oo?? Hmm sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iamslickp: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2020
Kolajayy01:
Did my biometric on Monday at VI Center! Priority. Just got a mail now that my passport is ready for collection! Why so fast?? It’s not up to 5working days oo?? Hmm sad

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
deph:
Visa dropped...
Biometrics on 7th Sept... Abuja.
My regards to everyone on this platform... Una too much...
Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Wield: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
No mail, no calls from UKVI since 28th of August. It's not getting funny again ooh

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
Nadheer15:
Did mine in Abuja today, everywhere was chilled, crowd wasn't too much. I hope ours gets to Pretoria, we'll get it before 15 days by God's Grace
Amen oh! Abeg the tension don too much for this waka..
I neva get this kind tension since I started doing visa applications myself..the stress for each stage too much..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2020
mamacajah:

Amen oh! Abeg the tension don toom uch for this waka.. I neva get this kind tension since I started doing visa applications myself..the stress for each stage too much..

The tension is much, haven’t been sleeping well, I keep refreshing my mails and tracking every minute.. God should help us!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mihkehl(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Check your mail or track it sef
Congratulations in advance
Anitaamich:

Congratulations!!! What’s delaying mine?? I did on Friday, priority and same Abuja sad sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wield:
No mail, no calls from UKVI since 28th of August. It's not getting funny again ooh

Most likely next week, try and be calm it’s like it’s more than 15 working days now for them to finish the process. sad

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chi360(f): 2:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wield:

Just give it time. Did mine too 28th and tomorrow will make it approximately 15 working days so we will get the email tomorrow.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
It's like we that did in August na special cases because I no understand again, I did my 2nd interview yesterday. Most of the guys that are getting are September. UKVI ooo �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jazzman95: 2:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wow! This is so stressful! Wishing you the very best!

ajags80:

@kaylov and others waiting for Phone interview. Please see the summary;

Bio metrics and Interview, VI TLS Aug 26th. Complex/Not straight forward mail 14th Sept, Mail for Telephone Interview On 15th, Telephone Interview scheduled for 9.am but started at 9.30am today. The network was poor and the Interviewer had not interacted with many Nigerians in the past or my accent is too Nigerian. We kept having to go over every response I gave. I spelt out more than 50% of my feedback. These were the questions;

1. Why the school 2. Why the course 3. Why the UK 4. Which Other Schools did you consider. 5. What advantage does this school hold over the others 6.What are the modules, speak about how they fit into your Study goals. 7 What do you do? 8 What was your last academic course (MBA OAU,10 years ago) 9. Why the study gap,10. What has your salary been over the last 10 years. 11. How much will this Masters cost you, who is sponsoring you? 12. What are the Returns on this investment, how will you justify the amount spent 13 Where do you hope to work thereafter/what will you be doing after the program 14. What impact/value will this masters add to you? 15. Where did you get the INFORMATION that this value will be added. 15. Where will you stay, how far from school and how much will it cost you? 16. Have you been to the UK before 17. Has any other close family been to the UK before? (their names and why they visited) hmmmmm 18. Did you enlist an agent to help with your application (Name,organisation). 19. Do you wish to add any other information? 20 Do you have questions? End of Interview.

Not to scare anyone, it took about 1 and a half hours, I found it laborious, And i had to use my initiative. The session was just so stressful.

I hope for the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chnovpaul(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hey guys,

What could be the problem?

I did my biometrics at TLS Abuja on Tuesday, 8th Sept, and got decision mail on Friday, 11th Sept.

Up till now, nothing. Application still at DMC stage on tracker.

I got tired of waiting and went to TLS this afternoon...folks there said they haven't gotten my passport and they don't understand the delay. Today's the 7th working day after biometrics sad sad

I paid for priority and did walk-in.

Any ideas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Did mine on 27th, the waiting is killing me.

Wield:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
mihkehl:
I’ve been doing that, it’s well!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Most likely next week, try and be calm it’s like it’s more than 15 working days now for them to finish the process. sad

That's my worry now but it is well they should bring it on

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
natstryker:
It's like we that did in August na special cases because I no understand again, I did my 2nd interview yesterday. Most of the guys that are getting are September. UKVI ooo �
August applicants are being handled by ukvi Sheffield while September applicants are sent to ukvi Pretoria. I guess there’re not much backlogs in Pretoria, that’s why theirs is faster.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
Greetings house,

Please is it compulsory to book a return ticket? I’m going for a 3 years course. I already booked one way cause I’m not certain when the next holiday would be or something. Hope it’s okay to travel with a one way ticket?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
ZabethMay:
Greetings house,

Please is it compulsory to book a return ticket? I’m going for a 3 years course. I already booked one way cause I’m not certain when the next holiday would be or something. Hope it’s okay to travel with a one way ticket?

This is fine..unless you want to get PTA or you believe you would have a reason to return in the next one year..then you can do a return ticket..
for students, one way ticket is fine

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
Anitaamich:

August applicants are being handled by ukvi Sheffield while September applicants are sent to ukvi Pretoria. I guess there’re not much backlogs in Pretoria, that’s why theirs is faster.

My interview was sept 1 nothing yet pure silence �sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Anitaamich:

I hope mine was sent to ukvi Pretoria because I did walk in sept 9 at VI undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
QueensRoad1:

My interview was sept 1 nothing yet pure silence �sad
Someone said the delay is mostly from august to sept 3rd applicants I think.. let’s just hope for the best ok. It will end in praise!!!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hello good afternoon please can someone help me with schools that collect waec result for undergraduate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
Anitaamich:

Someone said the delay is mostly from august to sept 3rd applicants I think.. let’s just hope for the best ok. It will end in praise!!!

Amen !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2020
mihkehl:
Please when is your course start date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
mamacajah:

This is fine..unless you want to get PTA or you believe you would have a reason to return in the next one year..then you can do a return ticket..
for students, one way ticket is fine

Alright. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mattocoinzz: 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
jiasemota:

Did u gt a mail from tls that ur passport is ready for pick up?

A decision has been made for mine...bt yet to be updated on the tls tracking page

Biometric was 7th sept.

Yes! I got a mail from them and the passport was sent to me through DHL.
My school is under tier 4 pilot scheme. I guess quick processing is part of its advantage.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mattocoinzz: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
iphie1984:
were u interviewed?

No
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by eddymatti(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2020
Have you gotten your CAS?
cliffjohnson:
Have you gotten your CAS Fromm CU?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
Anitaamich:

The tension is much, haven’t been sleeping well, I keep refreshing my mails and tracking every minute.. God should help us!!!

The way my heart skips every minute Na god hand I Dey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukiegbegi: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Mattocoinzz:

Yes! I got a mail from them and the passport was sent to me through DHL.
My school is under tier 4 pilot scheme. I guess quick processing is part of its advantage.

Nope. Mine is under the pilot and crickets since 2nd September

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by girlsupersonic(f): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hello house please I'll like to know if it's possible to do a Tuberculosis test walk in for my 3 weeks old baby. The dates I'm getting are to far and we need to start processing her visa application asap. Will it be better to take the October date and then walk in to iom or is it better to just walk in straight.
Pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.