Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095501 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
AKB1ofLagos:
Good evening @mimilyrics and @justwise thank you for the wonderful job you do. I just collected my dependant's vignettes but my daughter's did not come with a BRP letter and her vignette is for 2years not 3months. Have you seen a case like this before? If you have what does it mean? Is it a mistake or she did not get the letter because of her visa duration? Do you have the UKVI email that i can send the complaint to as I am travelling very soon and I would love resolve this before leaving. They are coming middle of next month with their father.

Thank you for your consistent help here.

I just want to know why you are worried ..that they gave her 2 yrs vignette rather than 3 or that it came without BRP letter?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hello people of God, picked up visa for myself and my son around 4pm today, almost didn’t make it lol, got there 2mins to 4.
My husband’s own ain’t ready yet and we did biometrics same day.
My timeline
Biometrics-26/8
Interview-27/8
Transferred to VAC 10am 17/9
Received mail 2:30pm 17/9
Passport received 4pm 17/9

No second interview
No mail
Ikeja TLS

Best wishes to everyone still waiting.

20 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
justwise:

I just want to know why you are worried ..that they gave her 2 yrs vignette rather than 3 or that it came without BRP letter?

Just wise this bot is not joking ooo. Banning up and down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cerezo: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
My advice, don't bring dollars to UK. The rates are never favourable. Sell your dollars and buy pounds before leaving Nigeria. If you doubt, check the rates those exchanges are offering and do the math yourself. You may lose up to $60 (N27k) on every $1,000 you change to £ here in the UK

Skymoore1004:
Honestly I don’t know bc the bank won’t change it for you, Best bet is to change it when you get to U.K..
try Euro exchange. They have outlets in most cities. They usually offer good rates.
Post office will not pay you enough.
Their rate is usually lesser

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by badtempest: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
solarinde:
Hi all, please who knows if people travelling to the UK can quarantine with those who are in the UK? Thanks

You can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
arhyur:
Hello people of God, picked up visa for myself and my son around 4pm today, almost didn’t make it lol, got there 2mins to 4.
My timeline
Biometrics-26/8
Interview-27/8

No second interview
No mail
Ikeja TLS

Congratulations dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by femimat(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Was at VI today and got my visa. Family of 5...eyin ti Huddersfield... Eyin da?

I noticed several visas lying idle in several baskets.... On set to leave for VI when I got the mail of visa ready for pickup... If I had not received the mail, I would still have got my visas...

So if you are not too busy... 25 to 28th August team.... You may want to visit VI office...

Mine was 26th August... No second interview.

All Glory to God... Thank you all for support....

18 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
You’re welcome
ukay2:

Thank you so much

I got got this PTA from my bank (Stanbic) today at the official rate for dollars....never knew I would benefit from this...

Am grateful Sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Wow. I already have dollars and I need pounds. what's the best way to go?

Better to change that dollar in naija

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
femimat:

I noticed several visas lying idle in several baskets.... On set to leave for VI when I got the mail of visa ready for pickup... If I had not received the mail, I would still have got my visas...

So if you are not too busy... 25 to 28th August team.... You may want to visit VI office...

Family of 5... that maintenance plus tuition is no joke oo. Welldone

Congrats and God bless your new journey

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
lol, we have ballers on this thread cool
LagosismyHome:

Family of 5... that maintenance plus tuition is no joke oo. Welldone

Congrats and God bless your new journey

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
femimat:

Wow! congrats!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
arhyur:
My timeline
Biometrics-26/8
Interview-27/8

No second interview
No mail
Ikeja TLS

congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
femimat:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Just wise this bot is not joking ooo. Banning up and down

The software has lost it since yesterday...banning people at random

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2020
justwise:

The software has lost it since yesterday...banning people at random
no wonder..I was suddenly banned and then unbanned..I hope it has not been hacked..
pele justwise..kole easy..ce n'est pas facile monsieur! Ca va bien.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2020
Please, is naira mastercard not working directly or why using paga?

Joshua62:

So for those that are trying to pay IHS fee of over $1000, i have successfully done mine....I paid $1836

See steps to follow below:

- First you must own a Paga account which is quite easy to open
- Once you have a Paga account, you will be on Level 1, so you have to upgrade to Level 3 in order to be able to make transactions of huge sum of
amount, upgrading to Level 3 requires you to submit some documents which they will verify...Once verification is complete, you will be upgraded to
level 3
- Next is to fund your paga wallet with the required amount you intend to pay. You can either fund your paga wallet with your debit card or fund your
account via an online transfer from your GT mobile application which is quite straight forward.
- Once that is done, go back to your IHS payment platform page, select "PAGA"...not "PAGA VERVE", then select "Pay from my Paga Wallet" then click
confirm, automatically your paga account will be deducted and your IHS payment will be confirmed.

This was how i did mine......Should incase you have any questions, i am willing to answer.

Thanks to all those that contributed and God bless you all!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2020
Thanks sis

Aprokodaughter:

Congratulations dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
Thanks dear

mamacajah:

congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2020
KellyEyimofe:
If you are flying Turkish Airline to UK please have your Covid test result handy, first prerequisite when you approach check in desk.
wat are u saying, don't mislead people pls, where did u get ur info from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
arhyur:
My timeline
Biometrics-26/8
Interview-27/8

No second interview
No mail
Ikeja TLS

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lesley90: 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2020
@cliffjohnson kindly send your bank statement to visafunds.io@coventry.ac.uk . Your bank statement will undergo quality check for 5days, then you will receive a main for the validity of your bank statement , then Coventry will issue your CAS and call their international office...I hope you found this helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cliffjohnson: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
eddymatti:
Have you gotten your CAS?
No I have not gotten my CAS , I sent my statement of account on Aug 31st and they requested for an updated one , I sent that yesterday , hopefully next week .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cliffjohnson: 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
tswft:

I’m currently waiting for CAS too and I doubt that’s if that’s affecting you because I’ve been denied CA visa too
Did you tell Coventry about the refusal ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by treasure2184: 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hello, I have collected CAS and did my biometrics on Monday. You need to always call their lines not just mail

Lesley90:
I think something is wrong somewhere for Coventry... I have not seen anybody they issue CAS for, the first bank statement I gave them expired, they message me to present another one , do we even have anybody that has gotten CAS in Coventry ? They’re opinion that we should do our enrollment online , Note to all applicant , if you do online enrollment you will not be able to claim your fund again, have been seeing there series of email to sign up for enrollment but I have let them know that without CAS no enrollment so we could ask for refund , hoping they will get back , do we have anybody that has collected CAS in Coventry ? Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2020
mamacajah:

no wonder..I was suddenly banned and then unbanned..I hope it has not been hacked..

Oui! Tu parle française?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cliffjohnson: 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
Lesley90:
I think something is wrong somewhere for Coventry... I have not seen anybody they issue CAS for, the first bank statement I gave them expired, they message me to present another one , do we even have anybody that has gotten CAS in Coventry ? They’re opinion that we should do our enrollment online , Note to all applicant , if you do online enrollment you will not be able to claim your fund again, have been seeing there series of email to sign up for enrollment but I have let them know that without CAS no enrollment so we could ask for refund , hoping they will get back , do we have anybody that has collected CAS in Coventry ? Pls help
Presently suffering the same predicament , the worst part is they won’t even pick your calls or explain the reason for delay , they even defer start ups without the students consent . It’s baffling at this point we just have to be patient enough ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
mamacajah:

une phrase qui contient l'anglais, le français, le yoruba et l'anglais pidign cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 8:44pm On Sep 17, 2020
Please which airline does not require COVID test apart from BA? Because most of them seem to require it eg Turkish, Emirates and Qatar
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
arhyur:
Please which airline does not require COVID test apart from BA? Because most of them seem to require it eg Turkish, Emirates and Qatar
Turkish airline does not require the covid test cert... https://www.turkishairlines.com/ru-ru/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/what-you-should-know-during-the-pandemic/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
I had to check too.
They don’t require it for U.K.
Rheminix:
wat are u saying, don't mislead people pls, where did u get ur info from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I had to check too.
They don’t require it for U.K.
yes sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.