Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091325 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2020
gracedforever:

Chai! For a newbie like me, how will I be able to find my way

We can go together if our timelines align. Will reply your email
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2020
justwise:

That maybe true but those discounted tickets are also available on airline websites if you know what you are doing. Generally nothing you get from agent that will be cheaper than the original source worldwide

Lol, justwise.... you seem to be so sure of this your stance. It’s like you will help me find flight that is cheaper than the one these wakanow people are offering.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:47am On Sep 24, 2020
dami24:

Lol, justwise.... you seem to be so sure of this your stance. It’s like you will help me find flight that is cheaper than the one these wakanow people are offering.

As long as you are ready to donate money to nairaland charity then I will help you search for cheaper ticket and yes I’m sure about what I’m saying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 11:48am On Sep 24, 2020
As with everything, it just depends on date and time. I can see tickets for £86 on Skyscanner for Oct 1st (random date I looked at). Local flights would only include one suitcase but if you buy both tickets (Lagos to London and then London to Newcastle) together, it’ll be the 2 suitcases you’re allowed from Lagos).

Pricing is the same on BA’s site and I’m quoting the first flight out 9.50am since you’ll arrive before 6am from Lagos. The flights later in the day are slightly cheaper but the difference isn’t significant enough for you to hang around the airport.

gracedforever:

Okay. Please are you saying a flight from London to Newcastle is just about 56k, that's 93 pounds or so. That seems quite cheap cos I heard train from London to Newcastle could be up to 100 pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2020
liliberth:

Are you aware of regulatory body? Icao, caa and others control the airlines and it can't be only them doing it. There are procedures. Please just stop arguing doesn't seem smart.

Those organisations you mentioned are not useful to this debate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2020
grin I meant that it can be more expensive sometimes. I remember trying to get someone checked in on a very cheap ticket that I got from an agent, they were asking for money if one wants to check-in online and all that, I just calmly bypassed them and went to the airline app with the airline ticket code (not the agency booking code) and I did the check-in right from my phone.
For refund reasons, I'd rather pay directly to the airline to avoid stories that touch.
Hoverboy27:
Omo there’s no travel agent that will not charge you for change of ticket o (excluding the airlines change fees). Travel start charged me 14k just for them to change a flight that was even more expensive than what I wanted to change to.
That 14k doesn’t include the airline’s change fees o. That’s a major disadvantage of using agents. Sometimes getting a refund or change is impossible. (I’m talking about economy sha).

Everyone should just do what suits them jare.
Make we die the matter grin angry

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pwettybii: 11:53am On Sep 24, 2020
Pls is there anyone that did biometeic 11th
And has gotten an update
Standard
Still at dmc since the 11th

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by deeejay20: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2020
Pwettybii:
And has gotten an update
Standard

I did on the 10th and it still and DMC

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
I did priority service on the 18th September got a non straightforward message on the 22nd September till now no email anybody with the same situation.. it's disturbing already..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Davidwali360(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
Visa approval.
Interview and biometrics 4th Sept
Mail from TLS on 23rd Sept
Collected from DHL today with fear but still optimistic 24th.

Omo. I'm glad. One stepped passed another comes.
ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ASCERTA.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mayfay20: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
I did mine on the 8th and still at DMC. Someone that we submitted together already got her visa yesterday.

There is God. Let us remian hopeful.

deeejay20:

I did on the 10th and it still and DMC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Davidwali360(m): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
No second mail and no second interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by deeejay20: 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Yeah we should
Mayfay20:
I did mine on the 8th and still at DMC. Someone that we submitted together already got her visa yesterday.

There is God. Let us remian hopeful.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pwettybii:
And has gotten an update
Standard
11th priority, nothing!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ChicFashion(f): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pls has anyone gotten collection mail today? Aug 25th -27th. Abi this people don lost our passport? What kind of wahala is this??

No second interview, no call, no mail. Jist silence since embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
And its priority since 11th did you get any non straightforward mail

Anitaamich:

11th priority, nothing!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2020
Does school in UK accept NECO result for master program Biko
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
gracedforever:

Please check your mail

Seen and replied
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tinadear:
Does school in UK accept NECO result for master program Biko

Yes, I used it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
ChicFashion:
Pls has anyone gotten collection mail today? Aug 25th -27th. Abi this people don lost our passport? What kind of wahala is this??

No second interview, no call, no mail. Jist silence since embarassed lipsrsealed

Try the 5.48 quid gentle reminder.
My friend did that and they returned his passport the next working day - his visa had been issued about a week earlier, and had been ready and perhaps the embassy people had just been overwhelmed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Beeyad: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

My friend did that and they returned his passport the next working day - his visa had been issued about a week earlier, and had been ready and perhaps the embassy people had just been overwhelmed.

Please how do I go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
Thanks
Aprokodaughter:

Yes, I used it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
justwise:

As long as you are ready to donate money to nairaland charity then I will help you search for cheaper ticket and yes I’m sure about what I’m saying.

Hahahahahahaha. When I add the money for charity and the price that you will find, won’t it now amount to the same as wakanow or even more sef ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Maze20(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pls ooo.. I did my biometric on the 11th have anyone collected his or her visa 11th October (standard visa) the interest that I am paying for my loan is too much oo..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
I even thought you had left.
I would have loved the adventure of moving through the cities for sight seeing grin but my flight terminus is already at destination. Lol

naledis:

Copied this out promptly. Thanks a lot. Was going to fly initially but this is a much cheaper alternative.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
There are some that have collected visa, have you gotten a mail?
Maze20:
Pls ooo.. I did my biometric on the 11th have anyone collected his or her visa 11th October (standard visa) the interest that I am paying for my loan is too much oo..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
toyclicks:
I even thought you had left.
I would have loved the adventure of moving through the cities for sight seeing grin but my flight terminus is already at destination. Lol

Not bad at all. Can I email you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mayfay20: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please how does the 5.48 quid gentle reminder work?
TheGuyFromHR:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kaylov12: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
STENON:
Hi everyone,

Please for those that applied for PGDE. have you collected your visa?

PGCE no Visa yet it's 5 working days after 2nd interview. Please why did you ask?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ahadeyhola:
And its priority since 11th did you get any non straightforward mail

No non straightforward mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Focusephraim(m): 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Biko whats this 5:48

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.