Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,614 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095634 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 2:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
covidia:
Really been waiting for your update.
Congrats!!
I am still waiting.

Thank you so much . Once you get a decision mail 3days after you should get a pick up mail. Although I was at tls on Tuesday morning o grin grin grin because I couldn’t come and die of anxiety I made enquiries they said I should wait till 4pm , went home sad and I took off my clothes and got a mail omo I dressed up with speed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
What? This is crazy oo. It is well
chnovpaul:

Same here. Sept 8th Priority...decision mail 11th...nothing till now.

I called UKVI again yesterday. They said to give them till Tuesday next week that I'll get my passport latest by then. If nothing still, I should let them know and they'll escalate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by WINNIE9223: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hello everyone....
Please I don't know what to do or think anymore. I did my biometrics on 15th of September and I got an email that a decision has been made on the 18th (I opted for the priority service). Since then till now, I have not got any collection email.

If they have made a decision on my application? Why is it taking so much time to transfer my documents to TLS?

I went there on Tuesday and they said they don't have it yet. Other people who applied alongside me have gotten their passports back.

Is anyone experiencing this? Honestly I cant put one and one together.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Fisayoani:

It’s all about emailing them or calling! Was that what your friend did ? I am waiting for my visa decision too

Exactly.
Like I said, my friend had gone for almost a month with no response, so he sent them an inquiry email, and they told him they would escalate it, and his passport was sent back to VAC the very next day, and he collected it the day after, i.e 2 days after the email enquiry, with a visa dated more than a week prior.

So if your 15 working days are past, and they've made a decision on your case, and haven't sent it back, maybe the reminder would help, maybe not.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by freshprince24: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
freshprince24:
Submitted on the 1st of September, interview was scheduled for 11th but did a walk in on the 3rd. After biometrics, did my interview, went with my dependants but It was just me though as the main applicant who had an interview.

It was short with just 5 questions.

1 - Introducing myself.
2 - Why the UK
3 - Why the course
4 - How will it be useful to me upon my return to Nigeria
And Lastly
5 - If I understood everything that was asked.

The interviewer (a lady) was quite friendly and easy going, the session didn't last more than 5 minutes.

Venue was TLS Victoria Island.

Visa approved and picked up.

Mail received 24th September.
Passport for myself and dependants picked up today 24th September.

Aberdeen here we come.

Thanks guys for the tips and knowledge gained.
@mimilyrics you deserve 5 plates of isi ewu.

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by WINNIE9223: 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
toyclicks:
What? This is crazy oo. It is well

Its so not funny anymore. If it goes beyond this, they should please give me a refund! I just feel like I wasted the 220 pounds I paid for priority. What's this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 2:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please What’s the cheapest clinic to get covid test in Lagos ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Davidwali360(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please is anyone going to Nottingham Trent University?

What cheap and genuine flight should I use?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sonarirok:
Congratulations on your visa. That was a very long wait.

Congratulations dear. Please when was your second interview? And when did you get your visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
Passsegun:
Good afternoon to all members,

Please I got 10 working hours per week under my tier 4 visa.

Is this right?

What can you advise?

Congratulations on your visa. Please when did you get it after your second interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olamide319: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please who did a second interview last week and has gotten a reply.....the wait is so exhausting
I would like to also know if a call or email would help ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uchevolata: 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
VISA APPROVED!!!

priority service 17th Sep submitted documents
21st Sep: invitation for interview by email
22nd Sep: interview by phone from Pretoria
23rd Sep: Decision made
24th Sep: collection mail and pick up

God is great. Education and success has no age limit if you keep striving!

Thank you @mimilyrics @Ahadeyhola @natstryker for encouragement and kind words.

mimilyrics:
Then you need to be well prepared. Also be ready to explain what you've been up to since your BSc and why you think now is a good time to get a Master's degree and the advantage your degree will give you professionally.
Read up all the variety of questions that have been posted on the thread to give you an idea of the kind of questions to expect. Also note that some questions will be based on your answer to a previous question. Don't divulge any unnecessary details that can work against you. Be concise in your answers. If you feel like you didn't hear a question properly, ask the interviewer to repeat him/herself. You can also check with the interviewer to ensure that what you say is what's heard.

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DaDevin: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please anyone going to Stirling, what's your plan for quarantine?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bashybabe2020:

Your visa has the information , mine says 20hrs work

Lol i never get bro,still expecting. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adazeal: 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mimilyrics please can I DM you?
mimilyrics:
Is your course below degree level?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by writeGiftson: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2020
Testimony time:

Application Submission: August 20
Interview and biometrics:2nd September
No non straight forward mail.No decision mail.

Got 2 collection mails this after around 2pm.

Passport with visa collected.

15 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukiegbegi: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Guys,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
justwise:

That maybe true but those discounted tickets are also available on airline websites if you know what you are doing. Generally nothing you get from agent that will be cheaper than the original source worldwide

You seem to be knowledgeable about your stance. Can you share tips on how to get these discounts? Or can I message you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by noblealuu: 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
QueensRoad1:
Please What’s the cheapest clinic to get covid test in Lagos ?

Price is fixed at ₦50,400

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Damiturner: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Nah don’t fret... just means it will take more than that 15 working days or they call for second interview . Mine was also sept 1, no email till now.
Any update yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by peterveo(m): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Good afternoon house, please I need advice from the gurus in the house.
My bank statement is carrying a different address from the one I used in my application. Is this a problem? If yes what can I do about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Finally!!! Indeed this week came with a promotion at work and my Dependent Visa for me and a student visa for my Wife.

Timelines
Sept 3 biometric and interview
Sept 3 Received by DMC
Sept 24 Transferred to VAC around 7.am
Sept 24 Collection Email

Wish u guys the best and thanks for your advice and responses!!! Cheers!!!

19 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bimbodelebite: 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
noblealuu:

Price is fixed at ₦50,400
Go to Government test center,it's free and reliable don't waste your money.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Passsegun:
Good afternoon to all members,

Please I got 10 working hours per week under my tier 4 visa.

Is this right?

What can you advise?
Are you going for foundation.. because only foundation gets 10hrs per week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2020
Lawrence6:

Lol i never get bro,still expecting. Thanks

Best wishes don’t worry it’ll be positive

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
Okay.
Adazeal:
Mimilyrics please can I DM you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Did your dad actually give you the funds?
Your dad's payslips (if any) and proof of income (from investments, property rental) and any other avenue for 6 months should be submitted.
Bukiegbegi:
Guys,

Please I need urgent advice. My POF was on my account. I claimed that it was a gift from my dad and now they are asking for proof that my dad can afford the money. What do you advise.

I have till tomorrow to prove this.

@mimilyrics @justwise @lagosismyhome @olooshi**
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Good evening everyone.
Little question. please must everyone pass through the phone interview? I mean for those of us that did only biometrics without interview for student visa(standard).

Please I need a response. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chi360(f): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
Please who knows how much excess luggage is for students on Turkish Air
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Congratulations!!!
uchevolata:
VISA APPROVED!!!

priority service 17th Sep submitted documents
21st Sep: invitation for interview by email
22nd Sep: interview by phone from Pretoria
23rd Sep: Decision made
24th Sep: collection mail and pick up

God is great. Education and success has no age limit if you keep striving!

Thank you @mimilyrics @Ahadeyhola @natstryker for encouragement and kind words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.