Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089626 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chnovpaul(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
utaraji:

Did you use courier services for delivery of your passport?

No, I didn't. I believe they were referring to me picking it up at the VAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please get every kind of help you can, even from here.

We hope this would be overturned and we will celebrate your good news

Sweetness24:
Can i do the administrative review by myself or i'll need a solicitor

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
Goodday people,pls i will like the gurus on this platform to help me out on a way forward
I was just refused a tier 4 visa(inclusive of my hubby and 2kids),reason being that i dint declare i have a sibling in the uk(of which i told my school during preCAS interviee that i av a sister.i dint put on d application that i hav a sister,not because i want to lie but because siblings wasnt specified under family members in the uk.so during my visa interview on tuesday i told them i will be quarantinig in manchester in an airbndb apartment(but my school is in sheffield),when askd y i said cos my sis is there and want to quarantine where i knw somone and afterward move to the accomodation i booked in sheffield,i was asked y i dint fill i av a sister told her i dint knw of which i later gav her her name and date of birth.i later got to know my sis used another name and a diff date of birth to wat i told d consular,though she left so many years ago as an illegal immigrant but she hav her papers already.i am really sad,i was truthful in all bt it has cause me a refusal,what should i do pls?

Something like that happened to a friend that is why you should always confirm from your relative in the UK before filling in their names

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 3:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
People that did Biometrics on the 10th, why are you guys stingy with your testimonies, Or abi you don't want those that hasd their biometrics on the 11th, 14th, 15th have hope?
Share this testimony let us know that the line is moving.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 3:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
Here is the refusal letter

Please was this from Pretoria ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 3:12pm On Sep 25, 2020
inphoenix:

You don't need to include siblings not in the UK, but you need to state that you have family in the UK especially if you're staying with them. They fall under the category of "family and friends" and I have included my cousin and aunty in my applications as they have been the ones inviting me over the years.

You may not include distant cousins you're not in contact with, but you need to include the BIL you intend to stay with. Bear in mind that under the tier4 rules, you still need to show your maintenance fund even if you have free accommodation.

Yes I know I’m meant to show the maintenance fund,Thanks for your input.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
I would say no, you don't have to declare your cousins if you don't have their details or have a close relationship with them so you don't give wrong details and complicate issues. But those whose details you're sure of and with whom you have a close relationship with, yes.

Last I checked, you won't be listing your siblings on your T4 application but you'll need to if and when you make a leave to remain application (an application to remain in the UK on another visa).

If you will be staying at your bro-in-law's place, then you need to declare him and your cousin since you'll be including their details on your application.

Thank you mimi

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
justwise:

Apart from siblings who are not in the UK declare every other person related to you who leaves in the UK, you can use the blank space in the form to add more info about them.

This will cost you nothing but if will cost you another application money if you are refused for not declaring them, whether the decision is wrong or not

Understood. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sweetness24:

Of course you can it yourself, it is simply a letter of explanation, no legal jargon needed here.

Paragraph by paragraph lay down your point.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 3:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sweetness24:

You can do it by yourself. In my experience, it was a hand delivered letter to the Deputy High Commission in Lagos and it addressed the issues raised in the refusal notice. Their response was that I should reapply and address the issues raised in the refusal. I could draft the letter for you, but I'm busy with online lectures at the moment and as well a bit tensed up about the status of my own application. @mimilyrics is usually very resourceful in assisting with these sort of issues gratuitously. You may wish to send her a pm.

In the meantime, as the administrative review might take time, while it is is ongoing, you can plan to repackage and reapply in January but you will have to address all these issues.

Don't be discouraged, the UKVI cannot visit the "offense" of your sister on you, neither can they punish you for it by denying you a visa strictly on that ground. Just try again but make sure you address everything thoroughly next time. I've been there, howbeit for a visit visa, and I have received multiple visit visas afterwards. Just be thankful it wasn't a ban and try again.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you for this,if i want to start a jan intake can i use the admissions from other schools or i apply afresh cos my school now does not have jan start and pls how do i address the issue of my sis date of birth that doesnt tally with what i said
inphoenix:

You can do it by yourself. In my experience, it was a hand delivered letter to the Deputy High Commission in Lagos and it addressed the issues raised in the refusal notice. Their response was that I should reapply and address the issues raised in the refusal. I could draft the letter for you, but I'm busy with online lectures at the moment and as well a bit tensed up about the status of my own application. @mimilyrics is usually very resourceful in assisting with these sort of issues gratuitously. You may wish to send her a pm.

In the meantime, as the administrative review might take time, while it is is ongoing, you can plan to repackage and reapply in January but you will have to address all these issues.

Don't be discouraged, the UKVI cannot visit the "offense" of your sister on you, neither can they punish you for it by denying you a visa strictly on that ground. Just try again but make sure you address everything thoroughly next time. I've been there, howbeit for a visit visa, and I have received multiple visit visas afterwards. Just thank God it wasn't a ban and try again.

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pls how do i send a pm to @mimilyrics,i am new on nairaland pls
inphoenix:

Don't be discouraged, the UKVI cannot visit the "offense" of your sister on you, neither can they punish you for it by denying you a visa strictly on that ground. Just try again but make sure you address everything thoroughly next time. I've been there, howbeit for a visit visa, and I have received multiple visit visas afterwards. Just be thankful it wasn't a ban and try again.

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
Lol grin, do you know of any 10th that has received a mail or decision
ralphtamtobi:
People that did Biometrics on the 10th, why are you guys stingy with your testimonies, Or abi you don't want those that hasd their biometrics on the 11th, 14th, 15th have hope?
Share this testimony let us know that the line is moving.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2020
This is becoming insane! No communication for this delay, no feedback, nothing nothing .
Is there anyway to call out British Council or TLS outside this unnecessary wait nor an end at sight to when the wait will be over.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by biggiyke(m): 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2020
There's been no testimonies since today wink wink
Well here's mine to give us all hope.

Biometrics and interview for family at VI 2nd September
Then 22 longs days of nothing. No complex mail, no non-straightforward mail, absolute silence. just hoping and praying grin grin
Finally passport ready for pick-up mail on 24th September
All passports picked up with visas today 25th September

It's been a long mental and emotional journey these past 3 weeks. Especially after I made a huge mistake by assuming the Biometrics/Interview date was the target date for counting 28days proof of funds. The money in my account was more than enough, but it was less than 28 days old before our submission date.

I had 2 options, cancel the application and start all over again, or pay the school fees 100%. If I paid the fees 100%, the money in my account as at the submission date would just be enough for maintenance funds.

I chose option 2 and paid the complete fees of 18,000GBP.

It was a tough decision. What if we didnt get the visa? Would the school refund me? But I just had to do it. Luckily, it ended well.

So there's hope for all of us here!! grin grin grin

29 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Congrats, at least we have one testimony today. Have you been tracking your application since and if yes was the application transferred to vac(4th Stage) before you received your collection mail
biggiyke:

Application submitted on 18th August
Biometrics and interview for family of four at VI 2nd September
Then 22 longs days of nothing. No complex mail, no non-straightforward mail, absolute silence. just hoping and praying grin grin
All 4 passports picked up with visas today 25th September

It's been a long mental and emotional journey these past 3 weeks. Especially after I made a huge mistake by assuming the Biometrics/Interview date was the target date for counting 28days proof of funds. The money in my account was more than enough, but it was less than 28 days old before our submission date of 18th August.

I had 2 options, cancel the application and start all over again, or pay the school fees 100%. If I paid the fees 100%, the money in my account as at 18th August submission date would just be enough for maintenance funds.

It was a tough decision. What if we didnt get the visa? Would the school refund me? But I just had to do it. Luckily, it ended well.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
chnovpaul:

No, I didn't. I believe they were referring to me picking it up at the VAC.

I pray they respond to you soon. Do you think dping your first as standard and then switching to priority has anything to do with the delay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2020
biggiyke:

Application submitted on 18th August
Biometrics and interview for family of four at VI 2nd September
All 4 passports picked up with visas today 25th September

It's been a long mental and emotional journey these past 3 weeks. Especially after I made a huge mistake by assuming the Biometrics/Interview date was the target date for counting 28days proof of funds. The money in my account was more than enough, but it was less than 28 days old before our submission date of 18th August.

I had 2 options, cancel the application and start all over again, or pay the school fees 100%. If I paid the fees 100%, the money in my account as at 18th August submission date would just be enough for maintenance funds.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by biggiyke(m): 3:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Doyinh:
Congrats, at least we have one testimony today. Have you been tracking your application since and if yes was the application transferred to vac(4th Stage) before you received your collection mail

Yes, it was transferred to VAC yesterday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Damiturner: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2020
Otapiapia1:
This is becoming insane! No communication for this delay, no feedback, nothing nothing .
Is there anyway to call out British Council or TLS outside this unnecessary wait nor an end at sight to when the wait will be over.
If they are on Twitter let’s call them out ooo,with anonymous accounts..person don tire
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
Thank you for this,if i want to start a jan intake can i use the admissions from other schools or i apply afresh cos my school now does not have jan start and pls how do i address the issue of my sis date of birth that doesnt tally with what i said

Your current CAS has been rendered invalid as of now so your decision to try other schools for January intake or wait for the next available intake of the current school is up to you.

You can pm mimilyrics from the "send email message..." link on her profile , you can access her profile by clicking on her name. She could just as well pm you and y'all can take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you
inphoenix:

Your current CAS has been rendered invalid as of now so your decision to try other schools for January intake or wait for the next available intake of the current school is up to you.

You can pm mimilyrics from the "send email message..." link on her profile , you can access her profile by clicking on her name. She could just as well pm you and y'all can take it from there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by damilarez: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please Help oooooo!!!
Haaba, today makes it exactly 15 working days. I had my biometric and interview on 4th of September.
Standard Visa
Abuja TLC center
I'm yet to hear anything from them, not even a single "Hello, How are you" Any one in the same dilemma??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Did you get a non-straightforward email
damilarez:
Please Help oooooo!!!
Haaba, today makes it exactly 15 working days. I had my biometric and interview on 4th of September.
Standard Visa
Abuja TLC center
I'm yet to hear anything from them, not even a single "Hello, How are you" Any one in the same dilemma??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by shogunley: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
Had my biometric on the 11th, still at DMC
Doyinh:
Please is there anybody that did on 10th, 11th or 14th standard that has received any form of mail or application being transferred should update us o. This wait is killing and there seems to be no progress in Pretoria DMC again unlike earlier on that it was very fast
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by damilarez: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Doyinh:
Did you get a non-straightforward email

My sister, I didn't receive any non -straight forward mail o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2020
Visa arrived biometric date 24th September walk in September 17th, non straightforward mail 21th . Passport ready 24th . Pick up today 25th. Tls VI. . Thank you all. ... for those waiting , your miracle is near. I rep Edinburgh Napier Scotland

19 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2020
I pray we all hear good news next week, we the 11th, 14th and 15th group
shogunley:
Had my biometric on the 11th, still at DMC

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Since you didn't get an email, that means the decision should surely come by Monday, relax grin
damilarez:

My sister, I didn't receive any non -straight forward mail o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
Congrats, I'm guessing it was a priority service.
seunidris:
Visa arrived biometric date 24th September walk in September 17th, non straightforward mail 21th . Passport ready 24th . Pick up today 25th. Tls VI. . Thank you all. ... for those waiting , your miracle is near. I rep Edinburgh Napier Scotland

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ateka7777: 4:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pls house I need your kind assistance on these queries

1. How did you book the family biometric together because I understand there is no joint family application?

2.did you use your naira card to pay for visa fee and how much was it

3. How did you pay for TB test and how much.
Pls I'm new to this topic reason for my questions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
VISA APPROVED,VISA ALERT !!!

Online submission 21 August 2020
Biometric/Interview 4th September 2020
Transferred to DMC 4th September 2020
Received at DMC 7th September 2020
Transferred to VAC 25th September 2020
Received at VAC 25th September 2020
Passport Picked Up 25th September 2020

VI TLCCONTACT
STANDARD

I started my classes August 1st Online, so it would have been very disatrous if it did not go well, since my school clearly stated there would be no full refund.

I had previously been rejected UK visit visa (4 Times),Canada Visit Visa (Once),US Student Visa (3 Times), making a total of 8 refusals. I declared all rejections in my application.

My tuberculosis certificate was only two days from the expiry date when i submitted online.

I requested a new transcript to upload online with my other documents, it arrived two days to my biometric.I was scared cause the date of issued on the transcript was showing a date after my online submission.

I thank God it all ended praise. So filled with joy.

Am so so happy right now.

In the past parents beg their kids to stay back, now they are happy when u leaving . Sad...

Indeed "There was a country". .

I hope this encourages someone.

ALL PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD...............He makes everything beautiful in his time.

28 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.