Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102403 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
Flezi1:
VISA APPROVED,VISA ALERT !!!

Online submission 21 August 2020
Biometric/Interview 4th September 2020
Transferred to DMC 4th September 2020
Received at DMC 7th September 2020
Transferred to VAC 25th September 2020
Received at VAC 25th September 2020
Passport Picked Up 25th September 2020

VI TLCCONTACT
STANDARD

I started my classes August 1st Online, so it would have been very disatrous if it did not go well, since my school clearly stated there would be no full refund.

I had previously been rejected UK visit visa (4 Times),Canada Visit Visa (Once),US Student Visa (3 Times), making a total of 8 refusals. I declared all rejections in my application.

My tuberculosis certificate was only two days from the expiry date when i submitted online.

I requested a new transcript to upload online with my other documents, it arrived two days to my biometric.I was scared cause the date of issued on the transcript was showing a date after my online submission.

I thank God it all ended praise. So filled with joy.

Am so so happy right now.

In the past parents beg their kids to stay back, now they are happy when u leaving . Sad...

Indeed "There was a country". .

I hope this encourages someone.

ALL PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD...............He makes everything beautiful in his time.

I am so happy for you. Congrats brother

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
ateka7777:
Pls house I need your kind assistance on these queries

1. How did you book the family biometric together because I understand there is no joint family application?

2.did you use your naira card to pay for visa fee and how much was it

3. How did you pay for TB test and how much.
Pls I'm new to this topic reason for my questions

1. No family application. All applicants submit individual applications.
*Main applicant completes their application first which generates an application number (GWF...)
*Dependants complete their applications separately and quote main applicant's GWF number.
*Biometric/interview dates are selected separately, family could be lucky to get the same dates, if not, y'all have to settle with different dates or pay 42k for each "walk-in" which permits submission outside your selected biometrics dates.

2. Naira bank cards cannot be used to pay the fees at the moment because of transaction limits by Nigerian banks.
*Dollar cards linked to domicilary accounts can be used. Some have also used paga. Others used bank cards of friends/familiy abroad to pay.
*Visa fees and immigration health surcharge (ihs) are ~ £348 & £450 (depending on duration of the course) per applicant. Note that the ihs will be increasing as from October 1

3. Book at any of the 2 approved TB test centres to secure an appointment.
*Pay into the bank account advised in your booking ~₦52k and ₦32k each over and under 11 applicant respectively.

I'm assuming this enquiry is towards a January admission?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Flezi1:

VI TLCCONTACT
STANDARD

I started my classes August 1st Online, so it would have been very disatrous if it did not go well, since my school clearly stated there would be no full refund.

I had previously been rejected UK visit visa (4 Times),Canada Visit Visa (Once),US Student Visa (3 Times), making a total of 8 refusals. I declared all rejections in my application.

My tuberculosis certificate was only two days from the expiry date when i submitted online.

I requested a new transcript to upload online with my other documents, it arrived two days to my biometric.I was scared cause the date of issued on the transcript was showing a date after my online submission.

In the past parents beg their kids to stay back, now they are happy when u leaving . Sad...

ALL PRAISE AND GLORY TO GOD...............He makes everything beautiful in his time.

Where you asked the reasons for the rejections during your interview?
I am hopeful we all would testify soonest.

Congratulations once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
Skycharges:
Where you asked the reasons for the rejections during your interview?
I am hopeful we all would testify soonest.

Congratulations once again

Nope

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Holayhinka: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
IHS is not increasing from oct 1st again

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bryantee: 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2020
Good day guys
Please I need assistance on how to upgrade to Priority.
I'm on the TLS page but I'm confused on the appropriate option to select. I wouldn't want to tamper with my appointment date for Monday.
Kindly assist possibly with Steps by Steps till payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2020
I just responded to your mail.
Sweetness24:
Pls how do i send a pm to @mimilyrics,i am new on nairaland pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Bryantee:
Good day guys
Please I need assistance on how to upgrade to Priority.
I'm on the TLS page but I'm confused on the appropriate option to select. I wouldn't want to tamper with my appointment date for Monday.
Kindly assist possibly with Steps by Steps till payment

If you're using Ikeja VAC, I believe you can pay at the center. Going by my experience there a couple of weeks ago, you would be asked if you want to upgrade to priority, it might have changed now however. The experience in Abuja seems to be different, from what I've read here.

Be careful not to lose your submission date tho', it happened to me while trying to amend an appointment. cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
Congratulations!

Flezi1:

VI TLCCONTACT
STANDARD

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
Not sure how much @Priti Patel and her team are cracking down on illegal immigrants but this is sure a giveaway..

So sad..@Sweetness 24 have you discussed this situation with your sister?

Cheers

mimilyrics:
This will be a tough one to overturn though you can always try to appeal to the ECM's discretionary capabilities by conveying how this was just a honest mistake. My reasons (from an ECO point of view) for this are
1. You stated that you chose Manchester so you could be close to family when you had said that you had no family. You knew fully well that you had family in the UK and chose to stay in Manchester because of them. So who are the family members outside your sister that made you choose Manchester since you didn't mention them? This is a discrepancy difficult to overlook.

2. The suspicion that your sister is in the UK illegally is enough for the ECO to think that you are just using the student visa as a way to get to move to the UK by hook or crook. If you had included an explanation that you had a sister in the UK but that you don't know if she's still there because you lost touch many years ago, it might have helped.

Except you have reasons strong enough to tackle the points listed, the admin review might not upturn the refusal. And since you weren't refused under paragraph 320, you can still make an application at a later time but please address the reasons you were refused here on subsequent applications.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bryantee: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
inphoenix:

If you're using Ikeja VAC, I believe you can pay at the center. Going by my experience there a couple of weeks ago, you would be asked if you want to upgrade to priority, it might have changed now however. The experience in Abuja seems to be different, from what I've read here.

Be careful not to lose your submission date tho', it happened to me while trying to amend an appointment. cry

Now I'm scared. Guess I'll have to wait
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
Bryantee:

Now I'm scared. Guess I'll have to wait
Thanks

I did not mean to scare you please. Just a note of caution. If it is Ikeja, wait till Monday, you can pay there and it's close to the official exchange rate. However, as I said, the procedure might have changed. Others who submitted recently might be willing to provide info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by piyoo91: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pls house help me out am a jjc in this, i want to apply for any polytechnic in uk to study diploma in electrical engr because am an electrician and also a welder, my question is do any polytechnic in uk give admission to foriegn students who want to do diploma in any course? And secondly will they require me to summit a transcript from a uni in 9ja because i hav never cross the corridor of university b4, all i have is national diploma in electrical engr
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetness24: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Yes i have,we are both confused,said sje wil talk to her lawyer and hear how to handle tge situation
duchess90:
Not sure how much @Priti Patel and her team are cracking down on illegal immigrants but this is sure a giveaway..

So sad..@Sweetness 24 have you discussed this situation with your sister?

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
biggiyke:
There's been no testimonies since today wink wink
Well here's mine to give us all hope.

Biometrics and interview for family at VI 2nd September
Then 22 longs days of nothing. No complex mail, no non-straightforward mail, absolute silence. just hoping and praying grin grin
Finally passport ready for pick-up mail on 24th September
All passports picked up with visas today 25th September

It's been a long mental and emotional journey these past 3 weeks. Especially after I made a huge mistake by assuming the Biometrics/Interview date was the target date for counting 28days proof of funds. The money in my account was more than enough, but it was less than 28 days old before our submission date.

I had 2 options, cancel the application and start all over again, or pay the school fees 100%. If I paid the fees 100%, the money in my account as at the submission date would just be enough for maintenance funds.

I chose option 2 and paid the complete fees of 18,000GBP.

It was a tough decision. What if we didnt get the visa? Would the school refund me? But I just had to do it. Luckily, it ended well.

So there's hope for all of us here!! grin grin grin

Congratulations!!! I tap into this, I shall testify too

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2020
seunidris:
Visa arrived biometric date 24th September walk in September 17th, non straightforward mail 21th . Passport ready 24th . Pick up today 25th. Tls VI. . Thank you all. ... for those waiting , your miracle is near. I rep Edinburgh Napier Scotland

Congratulations!
Please o, I need God's divine intervention o...
Biometrics/credibility 1st September
Non straight forward mail 16th September
Application still at DMC.
Already 18 working days.
This wait is just too long God please have mercy, I want to testify too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lateef9699: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hello guys
Please if you are going to Glasgow caledonian or you wre already there and need someone to share accommodation with kindly signify. A friend of mine is in need of this. He will be travelling next week Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
Plz oga in the house, I have question pertaining to this sibling stuff. I have a brother who left for UK two years ago. He just fashi everyone since then. In fact we haven't been on talking terms for awhile. I don't have any info about him expect his UK no. What do I fill when ask about my family in UK. I don't plan to quarantine in his house oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
Flezi1:

VI TLCCONTACT
STANDARD

Congratulations, God be praised

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
Tinadear:
Plz oga in the house, I have question pertaining to this sibling stuff. I have a brother who left for UK two years ago. He just fashi everyone since then. In fact we haven't been on talking terms for awhile. I don't have any info about him expect his UK no. What do I fill when ask about my family in UK. I don't plan to quarantine in his house oo

Declare him. There's a section where you tick if you have lost contact with the person.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by wolepopo(m): 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
seunidris:
Visa arrived biometric date 24th September walk in September 17th, non straightforward mail 21th . Passport ready 24th . Pick up today 25th. Tls VI. . Thank you all. ... for those waiting , your miracle is near. I rep Edinburgh Napier Scotland
Congrats on this feat. May the road ahead be smooth by His grace. I have a niece who’s trying to get admission into Napier in January 21. Can you walk me through the visa process from the step after letter of admission is received? I’ll appreciate your help. Apologies if this is dragging you backwards ����

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by NomzyJust(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
Holayhinka:

I knew this was gonna happen cos I have been praying the price stays same. Do you have the source of this information please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by NeNe93: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
Lateef9699:
Hello guys
Please if you are going to Glasgow caledonian or you wre already there and need someone to share accommodation with kindly signify. A friend of mine is in need of this. He will be travelling next week Monday.

I sent you a mail.
Or you can mail me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Declare him. There's a section where you tick if you have lost contact with the person.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2020
Holayhinka:

Woow that’s good news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ogcgodwin: 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
What does non straightforward mail really means ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jazzman95: 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
Anyone traveling by British Airways from Abuja on Monday ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
A quick one please. How much is ihs and visa fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
RuthyBam:

Thank you. Keep up your faith. Thank God that it’s done. You will see that he his faithful It’s well. It should be ready by next week.

Congratulations!
Already 18 working days.
This wait is just too long God please have mercy, I want to testify too

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you. Keep up your faith. Thank God that it’s done. You will see that he his faithful It’s well. It should be ready by next week.

Congratulations!
Already 18 working days.
This wait is just too long God please have mercy, I want to testify too[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2020
Jazzman95:
Anyone traveling by British Airways from Abuja on Monday ?

I thought Aviation unions are joining the strike on Monday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you. Ok no problem, which course bsc or masters? You can mail me. Thank you
wolepopo:

Congrats on this feat. May the road ahead be smooth by His grace. I have a niece who’s trying to get admission into Napier in January 21. Can you walk me through the visa process from the step after letter of admission is received? I’ll appreciate your help. Apologies if this is dragging you backwards ����

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.