Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102656 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
I don’t understand the mail sef, I got the mail and I received my next day....
Ogcgodwin:
What does non straightforward mail really means ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
I don’t understand the mail sef, I got the mail and I received my visa next day....]What does non straightforward mail really means ?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by wolepopo(m): 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
I just sent you a mail. Kindly respond. She applied for MSc Global Hospitality Management.

seunidris:
Thank you. Ok no problem, which course bsc or masters? You can mail me. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
@mimilyrics

please help a brother out ooo

last year may i applied for UK visit visa but i was refused. while filling out the application the agent said i am single but i will get married in august that same year which was a lie, so now am scared since i no marry and am about applying for student visa.....hope they wont say i lied sha make money no go enter bush ooooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
Where una dey see all these agents sef? And why can't you just say no when they say you should lie.

Its your money and you are their client. When they tell you anything that's not right. You have every right to say no and tell them what you want to see. Follow them up with your application.

Coming here to cry or looking for who to insult the agent won't change anything.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hi, please this aviation strike thing shey he go affect flight from airport to uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
slimdolyin:
@mimilyrics

please help a brother out ooo

last year may i applied for UK visit visa but i was refused. while filling out the application the agent said i am single but i will get married in august that same year which was a lie, so now am scared since i no marry and am about applying for student visa.....hope they wont say i lied sha make money no go enter bush ooooo

Well even if he was telling the truth...it possible the relationship broke before August so that fine.. a genuine relationship fit breakeven a day to wedding .

Next time try and be very honest so this time if you are single then fill single and no go agent. Do it yourself

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Where una dey see all these agents sef?
It's enough to ask my sister..and if you know the amount of money they will charge ehn.. undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
mamacajah:

It's enough to ask my sister..and if you know the amount of money they will charge ehn.. undecided

But its your money its your right to hold their responsibility. If I am not comfortable with certain things I will speak up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
mamacajah:

it was as if he force me then cuz i told it wont work.
the reason i was refused was that they dont believe i will return back to Nigeria.
i used a personal account to run a real estate business and also they believe all the money in my account was put in the account for the purpose of the travel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by wolepopo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2020
Rheminix:
Hi, please this aviation strike thing shey he go affect flight from airport to uk
A court order has suspended the strike

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
please how much does paga chasrge for dollar transactions. i want to pay for my ihs and visa fee, i wanna know how much i should fund my wallet with. is it oanda rate or abokifx rate? thanks. gurus in the house please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ateka7777: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you so much for taking your time to explain.
Yes it is for January admission.

Pls how much will ihs be from Oct?

inphoenix:

1. No family application. All applicants submit individual applications.
*Main applicant completes their application first which generates an application number (GWF...)
*Dependants complete their applications separately and quote main applicant's GWF number.
*Biometric/interview dates are selected separately, family could be lucky to get the same dates, if not, y'all have to settle with different dates or pay 42k for each "walk-in" which permits submission outside your selected biometrics dates.

2. Naira bank cards cannot be used to pay the fees at the moment because of transaction limits by Nigerian banks.
*Dollar cards linked to domicilary accounts can be used. Some have also used paga. Others used bank cards of friends/familiy abroad to pay.
*Visa fees and immigration health surcharge (ihs) are ~ £348 & £450 (depending on duration of the course) per applicant. Note that the ihs will be increasing as from October 1

3. Book at any of the 2 approved TB test centres to secure an appointment.
*Pay into the bank account advised in your booking ~₦52k and ₦32k each over and under 11 applicant respectively.

I'm assuming this enquiry is towards a January admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Rheminix:

I don't think the strike will still proceed, the industrial court ordered it suspended, and NLC hasn't got the heart to do anything more.
So expect your flight to depart as scheduled in the absence of any other reason.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
slimdolyin:
it was as if he force me then cuz i told it wont work.
the reason i was refused was that they dont believe i will return back to Nigeria.
i used a personal account to run a real estate business and also they believe all the money in my account was put in the account for the purpose of the travel.

Anyway..it's fine now.. so do the right thing now , address all the areas in your last refusal, and pray..
everyone makes mistakes..
it's just I am so angry at these agents.. they don't know any better and their clients suffer at the end..while they walk off scot free..
it's very irritating..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 10:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please my transcript was not listed as one of the documents to present during biometrics. Should I still carry it along? Also the part that states online enrollment, do i need to show proof that I have enrolled online?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
No need, only upload what is in your CAS
ELff:
Please my transcript was not listed as one of the documents to present during biometrics. Should I still carry it along? Also the part that states online enrollment, do i need to show proof that I have enrolled online?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iboboyswag(m): 10:28pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sweetness24:
Thank you for this,if i want to start a jan intake can i use the admissions from other schools or i apply afresh cos my school now does not have jan start and pls how do i address the issue of my sis date of birth that doesnt tally with what i said

I hope others would learn from this... The first mistake was wanting to quarantine in a location far from your proposed destination.

It might seem almost irrelevant to you but to people tasked with keeping the gates, these small details are what often spike their interest in you and your application.

The same with the US. People have been turned back at the POE simply for showing up at a POE that is far from their intended destination and no cogent story to back their actions.

While some actions might seem harmless, they can have far reaching consequences.

Sorry for your challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
just4obitex:
please how much does paga chasrge for dollar transactions. i want to pay for my ihs and visa fee, i wanna know how much i should fund my wallet with. is it oanda rate or abokifx rate? thanks. gurus in the house please help

Official rate, 386 or so
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by noblealuu: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2020
omopapa:
U might have to fulfil the conditions of ur tier 4 before you can switch to tier 2 (i.e finish ur course of study) except u are willing to forfeit ur tuition.

If and when you finish ur studies (usually within 12 months), and you get another sponsor for tier 2 then the switch shld be swift

A brother is a biomedical scientist pursuing Tier 4 visa and evaluating his credentials with HCPC pursuing Tier 2. If he enters the UK via student route and gets a job offer as a Biomedical scientist (sponsored by an eligible NHS), do you imply the MSC has to be forfeited if he must change status or better still wait and round off his PG? I hope you got the question clear sir? Just want to advise him properly.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ogcgodwin: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
@mimilyrics

Please I was refused a Uk visit visa last year, due to a large deposit made in the account and the agent filled my application with a wrong parent names and now I’m applying for a tier 4 visa, so I filled my parent correct names. Will this be a problem if the Eco find out my parents names are different in the two applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 10:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ogcgodwin:
@mimilyrics

Please I was refused a Uk visit visa last year, due to a large deposit made in the account and the agent filled my application with a wrong parent names and now I’m applying for a tier 4 visa, so I filled my parent correct names. Will this be a problem if the Eco find out my parents names are different in the two applications

After the agent filled that application, didn't you go through it before it was submitted?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Good morning please has any used Turkish Airline? Did ask for covid test?

Planning to use them next week I don’t even know lipsrsealed undecided

Sis please can we Quarantine anywhere in uk and I’m stopping over istanbul for a few days hope nothing spoil ? My resumption is still on 12th of October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by creabyn(m): 11:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
PLEASE HELP!

Do I need the COVID negative test result to fly with British Air? My flight is on Tuesday and I have been seeing all sorts of contradictory things about it.

HELP BIKO cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibuske: 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
Please, what should be filled in Do you have a valid national identity card number..We all know that our NIN does not have an expiry date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
creabyn:
PLEASE HELP!

Do I need the COVID negative test result to fly with British Air? My flight is on Tuesday and I have been seeing all sorts of contradictory things about it.

HELP BIKO cry

No, you do not. Remember to fill the journey details and contact form online from 48 hours to your arrival in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 26, 2020
Bashybabe2020:

Sis please can we Quarantine anywhere in uk and I’m stopping over istanbul for a few days hope nothing spoil ? My resumption is still on 12th of October

Will be using them as well. Seems nobody here have used them recently.

Its better to quarantine somewhere close to your school and remember we are meant to disclose (by filling the online form) our location within 48 hours before arrival.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 12:50am On Sep 26, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Will be using them as well. Seems nobody here have used them recently.

Its better to quarantine somewhere close to your school and remember we are meant to disclose (by filling the online form) our location within 48 hours before arrival.

Yes! I remember the locator form the link is bookmarked in my browser grin grin however hope stoping over there has no implication ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 12:58am On Sep 26, 2020
No problem with the Istanbul stopover (Turkey is on the UK’s OK list sef).

Turkish Airlines don’t require you to have a Covid test result. My cousin flew them, is quarantining at mine and didn’t need to do one. But as things change all the time, it’s best you check to confirm.

And yes, you can quarantine anywhere in the UK. Some people have found it difficult to find accommodation for the two weeks so end up staying with friends/family.

Bashybabe2020:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 1:40am On Sep 26, 2020
Doyinh:
No need, only upload what is in your CAS
Alright. Thanks.

Please does anyone knows if they have started conducting interviews or is still biometrics only?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:52am On Sep 26, 2020

the agent filled my application with a wrong parent names and now I’m applying for a tier 4 visa, so I filled my parent correct names. Will this be a problem if the Eco find out my parents names are different in the two applications

Agents again ..... why are you guys allowing them to fill false information up and down. This is why the visa application process get harder because with time inconsistencies are spotted

Remember things are moving electronically and well documented so it's easy to trace these things.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by amaeve(f): 4:40am On Sep 26, 2020
ELff:

Alright. Thanks.

Please does anyone knows if they have started conducting interviews or is still biometrics only?
My friend did hers yesterday, it’s still biometrics.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.