Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089652 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Gbeskey:
Please house i need help on filling the health locator form. Am I suppose to start a new application or what?

Try using a different browser so your Gov.UK password isn't propagated automatically.
Let us know how it goes; noticed the same thing when I initially located and bookmarked the form; but I'm not travelling till next few days so haven't attempted to complete the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2020
Fisayoani:
Hello everyone... I am giving my testimony I said it that on it before Wednesday I would get my visa and I did

I was on my way to just give it a try if I would hear o anything from TLS when my mum called me that my application had changed to transferred to VAC. I got there and they said I should wait for a while that it hasn’t gotten to them an hour plus later I got my email and I went back to pick it up lo and behold my visa came through after days of sleepless night prayers and fasting...

Biometrics 2nd of September
Non straightforward email 19th of September
Transferred to VAC 29th and decision email
Visa approved

Don’t give up on God he will surely do it, I thought That was the end for me when I didn’t get my visa decision on the 23rd which was my complete 15th day But God just wanted to let me know DELAY IS NOT DENIAL

I PRAY EVERYONE EXPECTING VISA GET IT SOON
Congratulations dear. So happy for you.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
I was sent a mail of collection of passport I got there I was told they said they shuld return It back. that i will get another mail of collection to me has anyone experienced this... very scared
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ahadeyhola:
I was sent a mail of collection of passport I got there I was told they said they shuld return It back. that i will get another mail of collection to me has anyone experienced this... very scared

did I just happen today? and when was ur biometrics. More so where you sent a non-straightforward mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
xander21:
Hi everyone,

Glad to see so many happy stories here. I'm still on mine. I have asked this question before, but havent gotten a clear answer. So I will try again.

My TB Test appointment date is for the 8th of October, I'm tempted to attempt walk-in, say this Friday. In the booking mail, they stated we are not allowed to come unless on the appointment date. Is that a recent directive, or its just standard and we can just attempt walk-in regardless?

Attempt the walk in. Just be prepared to stay the whole day there. They might let you after they are done with the people for that day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ahadeyhola: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
Biometrics on the 18th got a non straightforward message on 22nd I got decision mail on the 28th and I got collection mail today...

Skycharges:
did I just happen today? and when was ur biometrics. More so where you sent a non-straightforward mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fisayoani: 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Otapiapia1:
Congratulations dear. So happy for you.

Thank you dear, I will be checking to see your testimony too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is it true that all travellers must have a covid 19 certificate before travelling out of the country?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
I clicked on start new application and I used the same email/password for my visa application without any problem. Done with the form filling now.
TheGuyFromHR:

Try using a different browser so your Gov.UK password isn't propagated automatically.
Let us know how it goes; noticed the same thing when I initially located and bookmarked the form; but I'm not travelling till next few days so haven't attempted to complete the form.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lensbaba: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

You have to do what the lady above said - contact your school ASAP and ask for an extension.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tinadear: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good day everyone, I applied to two schools for January intake still waiting for their approval . Behold this morning I received a call from SI-UK that they will help me process my admission for free to any Uni in UK ,I should just send my credentials . I am confused about this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
chnovpaul:
Hi everyone.

I finally got my passport/visa.

Sept 5: Applied for visa (via priority service)
Sept 8: Went for biometrics (TLS Abuja)
Sept 11: Got a decision mail
Sept 29: Application transferred to VAC, received by VAC...and I picked it up

On the document that came with the passport, visa had been issued since Sept. 9th. Apparently, it got stuck somewhere and someone forgot to send it to the VAC. Two things that I did that I think prompted them to remember to send the passport back (in my own opinion):
1. Requested for an escalation/reminder to be sent to UKVI Pretoria via phone call yesterday
2. Sent an email to the commonwealth scholarship commission who immediately sent an email to UKVI asking them to send the passport since decision had been made more than 2 weeks prior (I'm a commonwealth scholar).

Next step is to push for a refund of my priority service fees. I hope I get it back.

Lessons I learnt...
1. Call for help as soon as you can once you realize that there's something wrong. Leaving things to chance might not always work out. I can imagine if I kept on waiting and did not talk to anyone. Maybe they'll send it on time, maybe they won't. We'll never know.

2. Learnt better how to be patient and manage such frustrating circumstances as this.

For those in my shoes who have gotten a decision email and haven't gotten their passport back more than 5 working days after (esp. priority applicants), it's better to escalate the issue and request for a reminder to be sent to UKVI ASAP. They seem to be under a lot of pressure as this is peak period plus the COVID situation has made system inefficiencies to be more obvious.

Many thanks to all who responded to my questions and complaints on here. For those waiting, may you all get your visas within the shortest time possible.

Congratulations, i think i will advise all those waiting since August till Sept 5th to follow suit cos its not that bad with the UKVI.
That's extremely long.
Mine that was 14th of sept sef i can't sleep talk more of waiting for 20 somehting working days..look for the money and call there paid services.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please is there anyone who used the priority service for TLS VI centre on 23rd of September that has gotten a collection mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pwettybii: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please how far 11th people has anyone gotten ,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by damilarez: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please house,
Can someone kindly show me an example of a decision mail. I don't think I got any of such, but my passport has been returned to VAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by anihelin(f): 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
damilarez:
Please house,
Can someone kindly show me an example of a decision mail. I don't think I got any of such, but my passport has been returned to VAC.
please when did you apply? Did you use the standard or priority service?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
That means a decision has been made, you just didn't see the mail. Congrats in advance
damilarez:
Please house,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
Fisayoani:
Hello everyone... I am giving my testimony I said it that on it before Wednesday I would get my visa and I did

I was on my way to just give it a try if I would hear o anything from TLS when my mum called me that my application had changed to transferred to VAC. I got there and they said I should wait for a while that it hasn’t gotten to them an hour plus later I got my email and I went back to pick it up lo and behold my visa came through after days of sleepless night prayers and fasting...

Biometrics 2nd of September
Non straightforward email 19th of September
Transferred to VAC 29th and decision email
Visa approved

Don’t give up on God he will surely do it, I thought That was the end for me when I didn’t get my visa decision on the 23rd which was my complete 15th day But God just wanted to let me know DELAY IS NOT DENIAL

I PRAY EVERYONE EXPECTING VISA GET IT SOON

Amen. Congratulations!
I tap into your testify

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toye4eva01: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
VISA APPROVED!

Timeline

Biometrics and Interview 26th August
Non Straightforward Mail 15th September
2nd Interview 16th September
Application Sent to VAC 29th September
Collection 29th September

34 Calendar Days

23 Working Days

I hope you all also get yours too soonest.

i also pray that other 25th to 28th of September waiting that you get your approvals too this weeks

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
miccheck123:
VISA APPROVED!!

Sept 1 - Biometrics/Interview
Sept 1 - Transferred to DMC
Sept 17 - Non straight forward email.
24 days after interview, no show. Called UKVI on September 25th (paid phone call to escalate because it was more than 15 working days)
Sept 28 - Decision email
Sept 29 - Transferred to VAC and Pick up email

No second interview.

Waiting for more good news from others ��

Congratulations,God be praised!
Waiting to share my goodness too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
toye4eva01:
VISA APPROVED!

Timeline

34 Calendar Days

23 Working Days

i also pray that other 25th to 28th of September waiting that you get your approvals too this weeks

Amen .congratulations dear please which centre ? If by any means your gwf last digit no close to 62k plus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by anihelin(f): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
toye4eva01:
VISA APPROVED!

Timeline

34 Calendar Days

23 Working Days

congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by damilarez: 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
anihelin:
please when did you apply? Did you use the standard or priority service?

I actually did biometric/interview on 4th of September, transferred to VAC to picked up by applicant on 28th of September. It's presently with DHL. It was standard and Abuja TLC.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by damilarez: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2020
Doyinh:
That means a decision has been made, you just didn't see the mail. Congrats in advance

Okay then. Thanks Doyin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Congratulations!! TLS center in Abuja or Lagos?

toye4eva01:
VISA APPROVED!

Timeline

34 Calendar Days

23 Working Days

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibiade2020: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Please I filed an administrative review in response to a tier 4 visa refusal and this has exceeded the 28days timeline. I wrote the administrative review email and was told that the review has been completed and sent to the original decision making centre for dispatch to me and any further action that may be required.

When I asked for a copy of the result, I was told that All further actions fall to the original decision making centre and that if by the weekend I don't get a reply from the decision making centre they will chase a reply for me from the DMC.

Does this imply that my review was successful?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toye4eva01: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
I would advise that you call your school to request the status of your application. i did that and within 30mins the pickup email dropped

RuthyBam:

Congratulations,God be praised!
Waiting to share my goodness too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toye4eva01: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ikeja

Sonarirok:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thank you.

toye4eva01:
Ikeja

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by anihelin(f): 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
damilarez:

I actually did biometric/interview on 4th of September, transferred to VAC to picked up by applicant on 28th of September. It's presently with DHL. It was standard and Abuja TLC.
congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toye4eva01: 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
TLS Ikeja

Sonarirok:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by folaranmi15: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
toye4eva01:
I would advise that you call your school to request the status of your application. i did that and within 30mins the pickup email dropped

Please which school is that? I just contact my school now, I hope it works just like yours.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.