Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095863 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2020
Hello gurus

Please how much is the maximum amount of pounds I can carry along that I don’t need to declare

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2020
natstryker:
Did my 2nd interview September 16th and up till now I haven't received any feedback. The date on my CAS as latest date to resume is 2nd October. I haven't even done anything like accommodation, flight or PTA because of this delay. Please those who know here, if the visa comes after that 2nd will it be a problem?

You have to do what the lady above said - contact your school ASAP and ask for an extension.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2020
Kinkwin:
Hello gurus

Please how much is the maximum amount of pounds I can carry along that I don’t need to declare

Thank you

The UK government website says you can bring in up to €10,000 or the equivalent in another currency undeclared, every amount beyond that must be declared.

Check gov.uk, most helpful site indeed.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

The UK government website says you can bring in up to €10,000 or the equivalent in another currency undeclared, every amount beyond that must be declared.

Thanks but I couldn’t find it that’s why I asked, what topic is it under on the website please ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mykman1202: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2020
I was informed by my school that you are allow3d to carry 500-600pounds in cash only while the remaining funds should be in a bank account and you should go with the credit or debit card and also the statement of that account as evidence.
Kinkwin:

Thanks but I couldn’t find it that’s why I asked, what topic is it under on the website please ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:16am On Sep 29, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Please do I use oanda rate when converting or what rate do I use ? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Mykman1202:
I was informed by my school that you are allow3d to carry 500-600pounds in cash only while the remaining funds should be in a bank account and you should go with the credit or debit card and also the statement of that account as evidence.

Haaaa see Wahala , thank you for this information let me confirm with my school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2020
fcnaxo:
Hello Everyone , i need an honest opinion can we use a Reputable Microfinance current account for Visa application (PAGE MFB) , i would really love honest opinions especially those who have used any.

Warm Regards.

Yes you can use a microfinance bank as long as it is regulated by the CBN.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2020
My sister, the joy of seeing this is just too sweet.

Hopefully before friday 11th would have dropped finish

Anitaamich:

Thank God oo.. It will soon reach 11th people grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2020
Kinkwin:

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:33am On Sep 29, 2020
Kinkwin:

Haaaa see Wahala , thank you for this information let me confirm with my school

Got the same recommendation too, couched clearly as such.
It's a recommendation, not a rule. Of course I'm planning to transfer the bulk of my money to a bank account, I'm only going to carry about 2k or so, but if I wanted to, the government limit would be decisive.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2020
Kinkwin:

Please do I use oanda rate when converting or what rate do I use ? Thank you

You might as well, since it's the one used by UKVI (and probably other govt departments?).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

You might as well, since it's the one used by UKVI (and probably other govt departments?).

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2020
Hello good people,

So I just got a response from Sunderland, one of the schools I applied to for January. They gave me conditional offer that I should do IELTS and score band 6. I thought people here said one can use WAEC? I submitted WAEC, but they are still asking for English test ooo. Those who are familiar with Sunderland, please how can I crush this condition? I’m really not willing to waste any kobo on ielts. Oga Justwise, mimilyrics, skymoore, etc Please rescue me oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2020
Elizabeth28:

The school sent it as a mail.
University of Bradford.
See the mail below.
The UK new student visa route effective from October 5.
All students applying through the new Student route will need to demonstrate they meet the required 70 points. They will achieve the required points if they can demonstrate that they have an offer from an approved educational institution, speak English and are able to support themselves during their studies in the UK.

Please note that the Immigration Health Surcharge will also increase from mid - October 2020. This means students and their family members will be required to pay £470 a year, instead of the current annual charge of £300.
Student Route - changes for students
Applications for entry clearance can be made up to 6 months before a course starts.
Study time limits will no longer be applied to study above degree level. They will otherwise remain as they are currently.
Maintenance levels will be adjusted to £1023 per month.
The list of ‘low-risk’ nationalities subject to reduced documentary requirements will be expanded to include EEA nationals. The list will continue to be kept under review.

Maintenance would be increased this October? Ah! shocked shocked I thought it was only ihs that was increasing ooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2020
Each school has its English language requirements,
some accept WAEC if you have a C in English, some ask for IELTS even if you've got your WAEC.
They might not be satisfied with your English language skills because they accept O-level English. Contact the school to know why you're required to send in IELTS even though you have your WAEC as evidence of this.
SamReinvented:
Hello good people,

So I just got a response from Sunderland, one of the schools I applied to for January. They gave me conditional offer that I should do IELTS and score band 6. I thought people here said one can use WAEC? I submitted WAEC, but they are still asking for English test ooo. Those who are familiar with Sunderland, please how can I crush this condition? I’m really not willing to waste any kobo on ielts. Oga Justwise, mimilyrics, skymoore, etc Please rescue me oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Got the same recommendation too, couched clearly as such.
It's a recommendation, not a rule. Of course I'm planning to transfer the bulk of my money to a bank account, I'm only going to carry about 2k or so, but if I wanted to, the government limit would be decisive.

I would prefer to carry on cash to avoid bank charges of using my Nigeria debit card in the U.K. and like the website said carrying up to 10k euros and don’t need to declare won’t be a problem and I guess it applies for students as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ayokunnumi1(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2020
Join the live session on Instagram @ukinnigeria

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2020
mimilyrics:
Each school has its English language requirements,
some accept WAEC, some ask for IELTS even if you've got your WAEC.

Thank you for the prompt response mimi. But is Sunderland’s own set in stone? Did everyone who got into the uni write ielts? That’s what I’m wondering about. I want to know how to remove the condition if that isn’t the case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2020
Only the school can tell you this so I'd say that you should contact them to know why your WAEC wasn't accepted.
SamReinvented:

Thank you for the prompt response mimi. But is Sunderland’s own set in stone? Did everyone who got into the uni write ielts? That’s what I’m wondering about. I want to know how to remove the condition if that isn’t the case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2020
15days I’m still at dmc.
Biometrics on the 8th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2020
fcnaxo:
Hello Everyone , i need an honest opinion can we use a Reputable Microfinance current account for Visa application (PAGE MFB) , i would really love honest opinions especially those who have used any.

Warm Regards.
See quoted response below
mimilyrics:
According to the UKVI, bank statements must be from banks regulated by
"........in the case of overseas accounts, the home regulator (official regulatory body for the country the institution is in and where the money is held) for the purpose of personal savings accounts, confirming funds have been held for a consecutive 28-day period ending no more than 31 days before the date of the application and no later than the date of application."

The financial regulatory body in Nigeria is CBN so if a MFB is registered with CBN and regulated by them, the MFB is okay to use.

You should also find out if any one has used the statements from that bank before because it also proves that the bank can satisfactorily verify financial statements through UKVI established channels. The bank being able to verify the statement to UKVI as required and when due is key.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2020
SamReinvented:
Hello good people,

It depends on the school and course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
mimilyrics:
Only the school can tell you this so I'd say that you should contact them to know why your WAEC wasn't accepted.
Thank you. I’d do that. If I don’t get the condition removed, I’d just wait on the other schools.

Aprokodaughter:

It depends on the school and course.
It’s university of Sunderland. I got an offer for Engineering Management.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
I just spoke to your department and they said that they don't accept WAEC results older than 5 years so if your WAEC is older than 5 years, then that's why they asked for IELTS.
SamReinvented:

Thank you. I’d do that. If I don’t get the condition removed, I’d just wait on the other schools.

It’s university of Sunderland. I got an offer for Engineering Management.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
mimilyrics:
I just spoke to your department and they said that they don't accept WAEC results older than 5 years so if your WAEC is older than 5 years, then that's why they asked for IELTS.

mimilyrics keep up the too work dear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
mimilyrics:

mimilyrics keep up the good work dear

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
mimilyrics:

Oh I see. Thank you for this. Yes, my WAEC is older than 5 years. But would they accept letter from uni declaring that English was the language of instruction?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Skycharges:
mimilyrics keep up the good work dear
She’s really awesome.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2020
Kinkwin:

I would prefer to carry on cash to avoid bank charges of using my Nigeria debit card in the U.K. and like the website said carrying up to 10k euros and don’t need to declare won’t be a problem and I guess it applies for students as well.

Declaring money is no big deal, so if you are carrying over then make sure you declare it. As a student relocating that is enough valid reason so do not attempt to hide any large amount. It is allowed. all they ask is declare it when landing UK

However due to security reasons then travelling with huge cash, me my mind won't be at rest that what if it get lost or stolen. So way the pros and cons carefully before you travel with large sum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2020
Good afternoon house

Please after getting decision mail, how long does it take to get a collection mail and also for the tracking to change to VAC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
Yes, it is. The Student Administration department just confirmed that it's accepted for engineering management so I suggest that you get the letter from your school ASAP and send it as evidence that you meet the language requirements.
SamReinvented:

Oh I see. Thank you for this. Yes, my WAEC is older than 5 years. But would they accept letter from uni declaring that English was the language of instruction?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.