Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089672 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thank you so much.... never thought of it this way. God bless you
TheGuyFromHR:

I'm using Airbnb too and I paid in advance. I've used Airbnb in the past and you can get refunds if there is a problem with the accommodation when you get there and all that. But on the other hand, that was pre-Covid, might be a bit more difficult or slower these days.

Secondly, since you're going with your family, its preferable that you dont rent a house online from Nigeria sight unseen. Video viewings can only go so far. Book and pay for at least 3 weeks in your Airbnb so that after the 2 week quarantine, you/your spouse have another week to go around and inspect houses yourself before you rent, get to know the city/town somewhat to have an idea of the area/neighbourhood where you'd like to live, etc. If you prepay for a house you've not seen and eventually dislike, it might not be easy to break the lease, landlords need money these days.

I actually paid for one month (28 days) because some Airbnb hosts give a monthly discount if you pay for at least one month. In my case I got just above 1k pounds for the full month, which is roughly in the region of what I would have paid in rent and utilities for a month (approx 750 rent + 250 utilities and assuming no council tax) had I already had a tenancy for a 2/3 bed flat. I'm expecting that the extra 2 weeks should be sufficient for one to get , inspect and make any possible amendments to any property one wants to rent (you might see a property you like or at a good price, and have to buy in some things such as white goods yourself, etc.). Check and see if this will work for you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
Guys Pls, how much in GBP cash is advised to trvel along with. Basically for sorting urgent things e. cab etc

@Mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
anihelin:
congratulations!
thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
RuthyBam:

Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.
We have same timeline and I believe I'm next in line to testify.
Yours will come your way soonest.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 9:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
Good evening gurus, I have come again.
While making Visa payments through pagaverve, there was an error message and I was debited but the payment was not successful. We now did another one that was successful. I went to complain to my bank and I was told it will be reversed.... weeks later, my bank just told me they have successfully reversed the money to paga because it was through paga the transaction was done. I now sent a mail to paga requesting them to credit me but they are asking for proof from UK Visa stating that the money was reversed to them.

Is there anyone who knows how I can contact UK visa on this issue??

Pls help a sister! Thanks in advance!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Otapiapia1: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ogcgodwin:

Got a call from bank too, and it was access bank statement too
that means you'll get a decision soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Depends on how far you are travelling from the airport but £100 shld be enough for taxi, mobile topup and maybe quick lunch

toyclicks:
Guys Pls, how much in GBP cash is advised to trvel along with. Basically for sorting urgent things e. cab etc

@Mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
w890i:
Pls, whatever airline you choose, verify with them. I have a friend that has been stuck in naija cos of covid test....TURKISH AIRLINE! The ist time, she couldn't fly because of covid test....the next time, her flight was cancelled and changed. More than a month of her waiting o.....i used BA 2 weeks ago and dint have need for the covid test.

I know someone who used Turkish airline about two weeks ago and he was not asked about covid test and it's also stated on the airline website.

Someone here also mentioned that a family/friend arrived UK few weeks ago and covid test was not required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adurami040517: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2020
Thanks bro
LagosismyHome:

Plans changes so I think it's ok if your plans changed .... nobody can predict if you be asked but since they dont do interview again then most likely no ..... I doubt if anybody ask such

However if asked then have your reason ready .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
Adurami040517:
Thanks bro

I am female
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adurami040517: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
My bad, thanks sis smiley smiley
LagosismyHome:

I am female

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tohlah1(m): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Can someone please help me out with Wakanow nos.(I heard some people say here they call Wakanow). I have tried to check for d nos online bt I'm not seeing anything. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
naledis:
@theguyfromhr Good afternoon. I need the contact of your freight guy. Need to send some food stuff ahead. I’ve sent you an email. Thank you

Email answered.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
Please how do I ensure my load doesn't exceed the required 23kg?
I really need help with this please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
gracedforever:
Please how do I ensure my load doesn't exceed the required 23kg?
I really need help with this please

Get a scale and weigh the bag ....

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by smocky(f): 11:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
@toyclicks , please any update on your refund from emirates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 11:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Please any idea if DHL will work tomorrow?they were supposed to bring my passport today but the dispatcher never came
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kaylov12: 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
natstryker:
I'm convinced someone in that ukvi office in sheffield is not just doing their job. 2nd interview since 16th and nothing yet. No email. I know a decision has been made so why the delay? Please how can I reach them?
So sorry to hear this. I am show it will come. I got mine yesterday. The wait is truly crazy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 12:12am On Oct 01, 2020
mamacajah:

Thanks bros..wishing you the best in your application

How far with January admission..any headway? Keep me posted.

Thank you for your wishes.

I have decided to send my application to Unis of Northampton, Gloucestershire and Chester as their fees are quite budget friendly. I'm waiting for my reference letters so I can upload before I finally submit. Thank you for asking.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ateka7777: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2020
Please house help me on this
The duration of Msc I was admitted for is 1 year 4 months.
Will the maintenance money in my account cover 9 months as advised for 1 yr MSc or it has to cover the whole of 1 yr 4 months
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Godlove087: 1:11am On Oct 01, 2020
Please what are the prospects of getting a job to enable staying back after successfully completion of MSc social work?,I’m a prospective self sponsored student and I’ve done my research but elders experience will be appreciated as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 1:30am On Oct 01, 2020
Tohlah1:
Can someone please help me out with Wakanow nos.(I heard some people say here they call Wakanow). I have tried to check for d nos online bt I'm not seeing anything. Thanks

You can get the number from their Instagram page
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 01, 2020
Cigbojugha:

Utaraji

Please help me clarify this.

No. I did not and that worries me too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 3:58am On Oct 01, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

I know someone who used Turkish airline about two weeks ago and he was not asked about covid test and it's also stated on the airline website.

Someone here also mentioned that a family/friend arrived UK few weeks ago and covid test was not required.
abi oo wetin this guy they talk self. Turkish airline isnt requesting for covid cert
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 5:24am On Oct 01, 2020
Ok
Thank you

omopapa:
Depends on how far you are travelling from the airport but £100 shld be enough for taxi, mobile topup and maybe quick lunch

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 5:26am On Oct 01, 2020
Wakanow just told me they had initiated the process then but nothing else yet after that.

I was told it will take 4-6 wks

smocky:
@toyclicks , please any update on your refund from emirates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidluk: 5:46am On Oct 01, 2020
Please will Ikeja TLS work today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 01, 2020
jidluk:
Please will Ikeja TLS work today?

If you have their number try ringing them up.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pwettybii: 6:37am On Oct 01, 2020
Today is day 15,God pls do ur miracle
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidluk: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2020
Ok
utaraji:

If you have their number try ringing them up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2020
jidluk:
Ok

I googled opening hour tls Abuja and it shows that they will be open: Thursday 07:30 - 16:00 ( independence Day) opening hours may vary.

While for Lagos I didn't find anything. Just try call them as from 9 am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.