Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094067 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
You will be asked if you have cash, you don't have to have.
If you have large sum declare it.

Akomosule:

I traveled with BA Monday night n I don't have any cash on me.

You will only be asked at the Nigerian airport if you have any cash on you

Don't forget your locator form
It's very important
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2020
Skycharges:
Hello house...Pls for someone travelling on Friday via BA.. What are the possible required to b asked by immigration officers pls...and can one just have £50 as cash at hand cos would be staying with sis and d will also b d ones to pick him up from airport.

Please gurus in d house,help out..@mimi@lagosismyhome etc...Please

50 pounds is a bit too low.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
covidia:
Just picked up my visa!
Visiting visa refused twice last year , but glory to God !

We moooooove

Congratulations!
I'm believing God for my testimony.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello People of God. Thank the Lord with me.

Visa is here for family of 4!!!

Application submitted : July 30th
Biometrics : Sept 15th Ikeja TLS

No non straight forward mail, no interview, no phone call

Decision mail : Oct 6th
Pick up mail : Oct 7th
passport picked up : Oct 7th Standard.

Thank you to everyone. Learnt alot from this thread.

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2020
adenike09:

Congratulations to you and your family
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thanks alot

RuthyBam:

Congratulations to you and your family
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2020
OMG! Really
Hope he got it sorted and they let him go.
Are you just arriving today?

mamacajah:

That amount is quite small, please increase it..even for visit visa..it's still too small
besides hope you can show your money still in your account when you arrive UK
because [b]a student was querried repeatedly on this today by UK immigration
[/b]so to avoid stories that touch..ensure you have done the needful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Congratulations to you and your family. God bless you.

adenike09:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
Akomosule:

I traveled with BA Monday night n I don't have any cash on me.

You will only be asked at the Nigerian airport if you have any cash on you

Don't forget your locator form
It's very important

please the link for locator form please....when am I to fill it?Is tonight ohk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
Skycharges:

Thank you all for your suggestion. Akomosule please the link u used in filling your locator form.. God bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Anitaamich:
My visa just arrived grin grin grin

Online Application: 4th September
Biometrics: 11th September(paid for priority service)
Non straightforward mail: 30th September
Decision mail: 2nd October
Another decision mail: 6th October
Passport delivered today 7th October

I’m so grateful to everyone on this forum, I can remember when I first came here to make inquiries and how you guys responded to me, thank you omopapa, Lagosismyhome, mimilyrics, justwise, utaraji and so many others.. May God bless you all!!!

Anitaamich nwanyi oma congratulations. I hail ooh. I will drink on your behalf this night.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
mamacajah:

That amount is quite small, please increase it..even for visit visa..it's still too small
because a student was querried repeatedly on this today by UK immigration
so to avoid stories that touch..ensure you have done the needful

Do you mean going with the bank statement I used to apply for visa? Is that one good enough to present?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dietminute: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Greetings my people, I have been following Canada student visa thread for a while but it seems the rate of rejection is alarming but ever since I switched to this UK thread nh success success I dey see, I'm seriously thinking of following UK admission process!!
Can someone help me with names of cheap schools in UK for undergraduate studies? I dey see 20k 15k n 13k, are they the cheapest? Thanks and anticipating!!

IT WILL END WITH PRAISES N SUCCESS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
toyclicks:
OMG! Really
Hope he got it sorted and they let him go.
Are you just arriving today?

lol..it wasn't me..it was my school mate
yes they let her go but they drilled her for quite a while..
she even advised people to come with their bank statement..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2020
Skycharges:

Just Google it... Public health locator form

You are to fill it 48hrs to your arrival

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Akomosule:

Just Google it... Public health locator form

You are to fill it 48hrs to your arrival

thank you very much..covid test result no follow for BA abi?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2020
Skycharges:
Do you mean going with the bank statement I used to apply for visa? Is that one good enough to present?
Well, it doesn't cost you anything, unless the money is no longer there
So I would say, take everything because you never know who you will meet during Entry Immigration checks.

You could take like 100 pounds... that would be fine as a minimum to get you to where you plan to quarantine
As long as you can prove that you have made proper plans, there shouldn't be any problems..
Please ensure you have checked and double checked that your documents are in order and properly kept in your hand luggage to show as and when required
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by folaranmi15: 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
All thanks to Allah, got my passport today with visa after a long wait.

17 sept
Decision mail 22sept
Transferred to VAC 6 oct
Tls ikeja

Now can someone help me with cheap flight I don’t want to do COVID-19 test

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
mamacajah:

because a student was querried repeatedly on this today by UK immigration
so to avoid stories that touch..ensure you have done the needful

Lol, so if I am asked, what am I supposed to show? The bank statement I used to apply for visa? Or what now. Cos the query is quite weird tbh cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
folaranmi15:
All thanks to Allah, got my passport today with visa after a long wait.

17 sept
Decision mail 22sept
Transferred to VAC 6 oct
Tls ikeja

Now can someone help me with cheap flight I don’t want to do COVID-19 test
Congrats bro, Priority ba?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
mamacajah:

Well, it doesn't cost you anything, unless the money is no longer there
So I would say, take everything because you never know who you will meet during Entry Immigration checks.

You could take like 100 pounds... that would be fine as a minimum to get you to where you plan to quarantine
As long as you can prove that you have made proper plans, there shouldn't be any problems..
Please ensure you have checked and double checked that your documents are in order and properly kept in your hand luggage to show as and when required

My dear , even if the money is no longer there, just carry the bank statement you used for visa like that for them. As they want to be tensioning people for no reason cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by folaranmi15: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
Nadheer15:
Congrats bro, Priority ba?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
dami24:

Lol, so if I am asked, what am I supposed to show? The bank statement I used to apply for visa? Or what now. Cos the query is quite weird tbh cheesy
Well I am not trying to scare anyone..
It was a new development that occured this morning at Heathrow..
I believe in preparing for anything..
It might sound too meticulous.. but better safe than sorry

A few days ago, a Lady was sent back to Nigeria from the UK because she didn't complete her hotel reservation properly
when she got to the UKBA, they called her hotel and the hotel said she never confirmed her reservation
Immediately she was sent back on the next flight

So it might be one story here and there of different things happening to different people, not all..
But nothing hinders anyone from learning through these informations and preparing accordingly

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ollybimz: 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello Family

Submission Date: Sept 10 2020
Biometrics: Sept 15 2020 (Standard, Abuja) Main Applicant
Biometrics for Dependants: Sept 21 2020 (Standard)
Decision Mail: Oct 6 2020 for Four of us
Visa Collection Date: Oct 7 2020 (Dependants and I)

All glory be to the Lord.
Thanks everyone on this forum. Your contributions were helpful.
It has been a very long months, weeks after weeks, days after days...

By His grace I am already Stirling...

I will sure miss this tier4 pbs community.

To those who are still applying or yet to receive decision, I pray for your success

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
Anitaamich:
My visa just arrived grin grin grin

Online Application: 4th September
Biometrics: 11th September(paid for priority service)
Non straightforward mail: 30th September
Decision mail: 2nd October
Another decision mail: 6th October
Passport delivered today 7th October

I’m so grateful to everyone on this forum, I can remember when I first came here to make inquiries and how you guys responded to me, thank you omopapa, Lagosismyhome, mimilyrics, justwise, utaraji and so many others.. May God bless you all!!!

Congrats... May God bless your new jourey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2020
HALLELUJAH!!!!!
COME JOIN ME SING HALLELUJAH, JEHOVAH JARE HAS DONE ME WELL.

VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

18 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dietminute: 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please can someone respond to this o!!
Nh beg I beg
Dietminute:
Greetings my people, I have been following Canada student visa thread for a while but it seems the rate of rejection is alarming but ever since I switched to this UK thread nh success success I dey see, I'm seriously thinking of following UK admission process!!
Can someone help me with names of cheap schools in UK for undergraduate studies? I dey see 20k 15k n 13k, are they the cheapest? Thanks and anticipating!!

IT WILL END WITH PRAISES N SUCCESS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Skycharges:
Hello house...Pls for someone travelling on Friday via BA.. What are the possible required to b asked by immigration officers pls...and can one just have £50 as cash at hand cos would be staying with sis and d will also b d ones to pick him up from airport.

Please gurus in d house,help out..@mimi@lagosismyhome etc...Please

It is possible that some people prefer not to travel with cash for security reason. If everything goes normal then you are usually not asked how much you are with.... and even when ask, if you can explain the plan of how you would access the money for your fees then I think it's ok

The only other thing, if you have very small cash on your. If any problem arises you are not able to pay but usually it might be fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
omopapa:
Congratulations and all the best in the queen’s land

Thank you!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2020
anihelin:
Congratulations Anita, I was silently rooting for you.
Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
utaraji:

Anitaamich nwokeoma congratulations. I hail ooh. I will drink on your behalf this night.
Hahaha, it’s nwanyi oma jare... thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.