Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,354 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091727 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ola9292(m): 10:23am On Apr 28, 2020
They don’t have any business with that,yours is too just start counting 28 days from the day you have the complete required sum in you account and print for only those 28days. Whatever happens before that is not the embassy’s concern. So if you are paying in bits,the whole process might take more than 28days. E.g I need 10 million and I am paying 2milkion each day into my account,I will have 10 million at the end of business day 5,then I start counting my 28 days from day 5 or 6 but I advise day 6 to be on the safer side. That way the whole process has taken you 5 + 28 days but you only need to print out statements for the 28 days
yusufDeveloper:

I Got confused too that's why I was asking some questions earlier but some people were just attacking on the honest question. Even when I was filling my school application, when I got to sponsor page, I found different options (sponsor body, self sponsor, siblings, parents, religious organizations etc) so when I saw people saying the only sponsor we can use now should only be self or parents that's why confused but I think it has been clarified now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2020
undecided really?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 11:28am On Apr 28, 2020
No,don't address it to any school. You should just let it be 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'. By so doing you can use it for as many school as your want,some schools in Nigeria don't even address it to a particular school,they rather make the ending 'To whom' like my school (Unilag)

ObodoNaija:

Good evening house, please I want to know if it is a must to address your English proficiency and recommendation letter to the school you are applying to or you can just use "to whom it may concern" so that you can use it to apply to many schools without having to bother your recommenders for another letter.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2020
Both should be 'To Whom'

ObodoNaija:

Good evening house, please I want to know if it is a must to address your English proficiency and recommendation letter to the school you are applying to or you can just use "to whom it may concern" so that you can use it to apply to many schools without having to bother your recommenders for another letter.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 11:39am On Apr 28, 2020
Ola9292:
They don’t have any business with that,yours is too just start counting 28 days from the day you have the complete required sum in you account and print for only those 28days. Whatever happens before that is not the embassy’s concern. So if you are paying in bits,the whole process might take more than 28days. E.g I need 10 million and I am paying 2milkion each day into my account,I will have 10 million at the end of business day 5,then I start counting my 28 days from day 5 or 6 but I advise day 6 to be on the safer side. That way the whole process has taken you 5 + 28 days but you only need to print out statements for the 28 days
. Good morning my people, let me also mention what I learnt from other gurus in this thread.In order to be in a more better chance,it is also advisable to have more than the required amount of money in ur account because forex exchange Fluctuation. Example, if the required amount is 9M try have like 9.3m or 9.4m in ur account, so that if Naira depreciate against pounds, it will not affect that particular required amount of money in ur account. Assuming Oanda.Com give u 480 naira per 1 pounds,try use 500 naira per 1pounds to calculate the very required amount of money that suppose to be in ur account for ur visa Application. Because UK embassy uses Oanda.Com to do their calculation not black market rate.Pls other Gurus in the house should throw more light on this so that new applicants can learn.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:55am On Apr 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

how does it concern you really ………………… This forum is for people to explore , or ask questions relating to Student visa or that pathway . If Someone has ten career choices they are thinking about before making a decision, then that is their choice to make . It happens all the time

Why don't you focus on you and let people be free to ask what ever needs clarification .

My thoughts exactly! I cautioned him earlier about this passive aggressiveness and he still has not stopped. I doubt he has a passport or has been to the airport. Go through his post and you’ll see him all over travel threads and how desperate he is to leave Nigeria. He wants to go to Estonia , France and Canada. To top it, he comes on here and dishes out misleading advice and when corrected, he never accepts.

Cc: justwise, you might want to keep a close eye on this “guy”

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by FraudMan: 11:56am On Apr 28, 2020
pretty1986:
Pls other Gurus in the house should throw more light on this so that new applicants can learn.

Apt!!!

Also for those using their account, I would also advise you have the money in the account long enough so that when you print your bank statement, the lodgement won’t reflect. Your opening and closing balance for that month would carry the required amount. *Optional

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Cool story bruv
mattfeuter:

My thoughts exactly! I cautioned him earlier about this passive aggressiveness and he still has not stopped. I doubt he has a passport or has been to the airport. Go through his post and you’ll see him all over travel threads and how desperate he is to leave Nigeria. He wants to go to Estonia , France and Canada. To top it, he comes on here and dishes out misleading advice and when corrected, he never accepts.

Cc: justwise, you might want to keep a close eye on this “guy”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
The 28 days starts from the day after the judgement of the full money you require. The day it is deposited doesn't count; you start counting from the day the lodgement reflects in your opening balance.
Ola9292:
It’s very simple,if you lodge the amount in your account once,there is no problem. However,your 28 days starts counting from the day the required sum is fully lodged in your account. Count 28 days from that day and print on the 29th day to be on a safer side and make sure that required money doesn’t go less by a Naira for 28days. You can keep making small transactions during the 28days so that if bank deducts any charges,it won’t affect the main amount.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
The 28 days count starts from the day after the lodgement of the full money you require. The day it is deposited doesn't count; you start counting from the day the lodgement reflects in your opening balance which is usually the next working day after.

Ola9292:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
This is true. To avoid being affected by ForEx fluctuations, always have more funds than you require in your account to avoid your balance going below the amount you require when it's converted to pounds.

pretty1986:
. Good morning my people, let me also mention what I learnt from other gurus in this thread.In order to be in a more better chance,it is also advisable to have more than the required amount of money in ur account because forex exchange Fluctuation. Example, if the required amount is 9M try have like 9.3m or 9.4m in ur account, so that if Naira depreciate against pounds, it will not affect that particular required amount of money in ur account. Assuming Oanda.Com give u 480 naira per 1 pounds,try use 500 naira per 1pounds to calculate the very required amount of money that suppose to be in ur account for ur visa Application. Because UK embassy uses Oanda.Com to do their calculation not black market rate.Pls other Gurus in the house should throw more light on this so that new applicants can learn.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
Please someone should explain this shortage occupation list for me.

For instance if one studies a course that is under the shortage occupation list and wants to apply for a job. Does the person still needs to apply to a sponsored registered company or any company that needs their skills?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 1:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
mimilyrics:
The 28 days count starts from the day after the judgement of the full money you require. The day it is deposited doesn't count; you start counting from the day the lodgement reflects in your opening balance which is usually the next working day after.

. let me explain this further for more clarification for the benefit of new members here,base on what you just said.Remember, 24hours make One day.Now,assume your brother or father transfer the required money into ur account around 9:00 am in the morning on Monday,it is wrong to start counting ur 28days from same Monday,because it is not up to one full day.instead you should start counting from the next day which is Tuesday.Also,if for example ur 28days is on Thursday, you should not print ur bank statement on same Thursday, rather print it on Friday.I hope my fellow new members understand all I just explain?.pls I will love our masters here to do more justice to this information.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bsafolabi: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
Thanks so much Sister.
Arhmiee:

The interview is via Skype and takes app. 20 minutes. In the mail sent for the interview invite, there is an attached document about the interview. She should read the information in the links provided.

She should be able to answer why she chose to study nursing(she should include why Adult nursing in her reasons) and why she chose university of Hertfordshire.
Also, she will be asked scenario questions which she will apply the Information in the link I mentioned earlier in answering. The scenario questions will be based on normal life experiences but she should apply the 6 C's when answering and the nursing code too.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
mimilyrics:
This is true. To avoid being affected by ForEx fluctuations, always have more funds than you require in your account to avoid your balance going below the amount you require when it's converted to pounds.

Mimilyrics....
Where have you been?
See as CoViD 19 lockdown don carry some pipu come back?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iloveutd: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
Thank you so much for this

pretty1986:
. let me explain this further for more clarification for the benefit of new members here,base on what you just said.Remember, 24hours make One day.Now,assume your brother or father transfer the required money into ur account around 9:00 am in the morning on Monday,it is wrong to start counting ur 28days from same Monday,because it is not up to one full day.instead you should start counting from the next day which is Tuesday.Also,if for example ur 28days is on Thursday, you should not print ur bank statement on same Thursday, rather print it on Friday.I hope my fellow new members understand all I just explain?.pls I will love our masters here to do more justice to this information.
pretty1986:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 2:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Please someone should explain this shortage occupation list for me.

For instance if one studies a course that is under the shortage occupation list and wants to apply for a job. Does the person still needs to apply to a sponsored registered company or any company that needs their skills?

My dear Sister.
Let me be frank with you, the so-called shortage occupation list is over-rated (especially on this forum).

The shortage occupation simply means refer to sectors where there is need for manpower.

You still require a CoS (Certificate of Sponsorship ) from recognised Sponsor ( Employer).

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
LaaJiblik:

My dear Sister.
Let me be frank with you, the so-called shortage occupation list is over-rated (especially on this forum).

The shortage occupation simply means refer to sectors where there is need for manpower.

You still require a CoS (Certificate of Sponsorship ) from recognised Sponsor ( Employer).

Thank you just wanted to have a clear understanding about the whole thing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

pittoilet

This is all you need on the justwise post , dont add or remove

�� what a hilarious name.. which one is Pit Toilet? ��
Well, Oga Pittoilet I am sure if you provide everything that is on the requirement list you would be fine. Providing other things not requested might raise unnecessary eyebrows and questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
�� True! Had some stuffs to deal with and I barely had time for SM. The past year was so busy for me. Feels good to be back on here. How are you getting on at this period?
LaaJiblik:

Mimilyrics....
Where have you been?
See as CoViD 19 lockdown don carry some pipu come back?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
Any prospective IT student interested in free cloud certification?
Oracle is currently offering its cloud certifications for free for the next three weeks I think.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arena07: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
onecoder:
Oracle is currently offering its cloud certifications for free for the next three weeks I think.
Is Oracle still the most sought after presently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ObodoNaija(f): 5:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mikeval001:
No,don't address it to any school. You should just let it be 'TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN'. By so doing you can use it for as many school as your want,some schools in Nigeria don't even address it to a particular school,they rather make the ending 'To whom' like my school (Unilag)

Ok, Thanks a lot. I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
arena07:
Is Oracle still the most sought after presently?
No, i think aws.
But who knows someone might get a gig for oracle in the uk. grin
And since the skill is traferrable from one provider to the other, it might not be a waste of time for someone planning devops or developer certification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2020
onecoder:

Can you drop a link to the program here please. Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
AWFCNAIJA:

Can you drop a link to the program here please. Thanks in advance
https://blogs.oracle.com/cloud-infrastructure/oracle-cloud-free-certifications-faq
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2020
From Facebook ****

Hi all. There was a lot of confusion whether students enrolled in Jan 2020 intake are eligible for PSW. Some people said yes, students from Jan 2020 intake are eligible and some said they're not eligible and students enrolling for September 2020 are eligible. So I decided to drop a mail to home office on 16 April 2020 and got a reply today i.e on 28 April 2020.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mikeval001:

Do university now gives Transcript out to students /individuals. I know the average cost of getting Transcript overseas is #35000.
The last one I did was addressed to an Educational consultant in 9ja which I managed to make a copy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 9:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
To the best of my knowledge,they don't. If you know someone I believe they can get it send to agencies in Nigeria.

Phenmeson:

Do university now gives Transcript out to students /individuals. I know the average cost of getting Transcript overseas is #35000.
The last one I did was addressed to an Educational consultant in 9ja which I managed to make a copy.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
sherilycious:

Please i have a BSc in a non education course but i want to apply for Masters in early childhood education. Can this course get me a license to teach in UK?
Yes it should. If your course is accredited by the teaching council.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 11:06pm On Apr 28, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dejol88: 12:50am On Apr 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
From Facebook ****

Hi all. There was a lot of confusion whether students enrolled in Jan 2020 intake are eligible for PSW. Some people said yes, students from Jan 2020 intake are eligible and some said they're not eligible and students enrolling for September 2020 are eligible. So I decided to drop a mail to home office on 16 April 2020 and got a reply today i.e on 28 April 2020.....

Those going in for may intakes, will it affect such student ? In the admission letter, it was stated msc ends may 2021.Pls, advise before mistake is made.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.