Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090022 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yes they should still be opened till at least 3/4. Have you received your collection mail?

jadepinkett:
Any idea if Ikeja TLS is opened?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
belovedtianah:
Please I need a clarification regarding Statement of account.

Does the statement start counting the next day I deposit the proof of fund or visa officer starts counting from the first activity on the statement?

I deposited my proof of fund on 8th September and I printed statement from September 9 to October 8 on the 8th. My school has issued me CAS and given go ahead to use this statement .

However i just received a conflicting information from someone else that the statement is not up To 28 days as the visa officer will start counting from September 17th which is the first transaction showing on my account .

Please I am about applying for visa and I don’t want to make mistakes.

9 September is fine. You can even submit an account that shows no transactions whatsoever, as long as it covers the 28 days and the opening and closing balances fall within the required amounts.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yes but they closed at 12.
jadepinkett:
Any idea if Ikeja TLS is opened?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by belovedtianah: 2:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

9 September is fine. You can even submit an account that shows no transactions whatsoever, as long as it covers the 28 days and the opening and closing balances fall within the required amounts.

Thank you so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
I did biometrics today and I just got a mail that it has been transferred to UKVI.

I applied for priority VISA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
TheOnly123:
Yes they should still be opened till at least 3/4. Have you received your collection mail?

The tracking moved one step to Transferred to VAC. Still waiting for it to move to the next step, and then collection mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes but they closed at 12.

cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
My people my people.
So a day after collecting my visa,i was seriously down with typhoid nd i am back now.
I will be travelling tonight. Pls whats the advice pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Assu: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Good afternoon.i am new here..I got admission for Msc Nursing University of Sunderland..is Sunderland really a good city to be with a kid and a spouse intending to look for job there.. Please..I need a constructive criticism about the city and the school..I am a Nigerian registered Nurse..I planned to follow up my exams for nursing registration while on study in Uk

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibddon92: 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Are you travelling from lagos?
Lawrence6:
My people my people.
So a day after collecting my visa,i was seriously down with typhoid nd i am back now.
I will be travelling tonight. Pls whats the advice pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OmoMay03: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello. Please can anyone help with how to reschedule an appointment at TLS Ikeja? My appointment may be affected cause of the imposed curfew.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adeniyy01: 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
belovedtianah:
Please I need a clarification regarding Statement of account.

Does the statement start counting the next day I deposit the proof of fund or visa officer starts counting from the first activity on the statement?

I deposited my proof of fund on 8th September and I printed statement from September 9 to October 8 on the 8th. My school has issued me CAS and given go ahead to use this statement .

However i just received a conflicting information from someone else that the statement is not up To 28 days as the visa officer will start counting from September 17th which is the first transaction showing on my account .

Please I am about applying for visa and I don’t want to make mistakes.

Please which session are you going for, that's, October intake or January?

I thought January intake Visa process starts from November.
If the amount in acct wasn't lower than required amount in-between.. the counting is from September 9th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yejistiker: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
Please help!!!

yejistiker:
Good day people,

I recently got an offer to study M.Sc Finance at Bournemouth University and I would like clarification on certain things.

1) Can I use my money market fund account as proof of funds?

2) I opted for the 2yrs duration with internship but some people are advising that I change to 1yr without internship because internships are hard to come by. How true is this please?

Also, is anyone currently studying in Bournemouth University or resuming there Jan 2021?

I look forward to your useful advise.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Assu: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
Assu:
Good afternoon.i am new here..I got admission for Msc Nursing University of Sunderland..is Sunderland really a good city to be with a kid and a spouse intending to look for job there.. Please..I need a constructive criticism about the city and the school..I am a Nigerian registered Nurse..I planned to follow up my exams for nursing registration while on study in Uk
.. Please help..is there anybody in Sunderland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
I will advise you stick with the 2 yrs duration with internship. It might be hard to get (especially with the current pandemic) but it's not impossible. I know few students who got. At most, you can volunteer and not get paid if you are keen on gaining UK experience.

Note that Any registered company can hire your services for internship.

And if you at the end do not get an internship, you will need to notify your university and they can turn your 2 yr course to 1.

As for the money market fund, I doubt you can.

All the best

yejistiker:
Good day people,

I recently got an offer to study M.Sc Finance at Bournemouth University and I would like clarification on certain things.

1) Can I use my money market fund account as proof of funds?

2) I opted for the 2yrs duration with internship but some people are advising that I change to 1yr without internship because internships are hard to come by. How true is this please?

Also, is anyone currently studying in Bournemouth University or resuming there Jan 2021?

I look forward to your useful advise.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
With the new student visa rules in place, you can apply six months before course start date instead of the previous three months with tier 4
[ author=adeniyy01 post=95132752]

Please which session are you going for, that's, October intake or January?

I thought January intake Visa process starts from November.
If the amount in acct wasn't lower than required amount in-between.. the counting is from September 9th.
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Opp27: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello all. Please is there anyone going to Cardiff Metropolitan University in January?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
natstryker:
If you're traveling by BA from Lagos This night holla. I'm here o! 07034206107

I saw on nairaland that flights are been cancelled.... has BA said anything or are they fighting as scheduled
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LegitBoyy: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hoverboy27:
Guy abeg I don’t know. Choose one dey go. Work dey everywhere if you are a good candidate

You don't have to aggressive in your replies... I only made an enquiry from you. No wonder you had a back and forth with someone on this thread.

Next time you can ignore.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
We are checking in now
LagosismyHome:

I saw on nairaland that flights are been cancelled.... has BA said anything or are they fighting as scheduled
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatima04: 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Assu:
.. Please help..is there anybody in Sunderland?

Sunderland is not bad and the NHS there actively recruits oversea trained nurses as well. Lots of Nigerians there and also you can reside at Newcastle which is not too far.

My only question would be have you tried to write Ielts/CBT to secure a job. That will be way cheaper than schooling. If fund isn't a problem then, by all means
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kc6964(m): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Pls am going for bsc top up since bachelor degree in benin republic is consider as diploma so i can't apply for masters with it ..

I want to ask if i will be eligible for the post study permit after my 1yr bachelor degree to up before going for master's?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
Says who? The university requirements or hearsay?

kc6964:
Pls am going for bsc top up since bachelor degree in benin republic is consider as diploma so i can't apply for masters with it ..

I want to ask if i will be eligible for the post study permit after my 1yr bachelor degree to up before going for master's?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Assu: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
fatima04:

Sunderland is not bad and the NHS there actively recruits oversea trained nurses as well. Lots of Nigerians there and also you can reside at Newcastle which is not too far.

My only question would be have you tried to write Ielts/CBT to secure a job. That will be way cheaper than schooling. If fund isn't a problem then, by all means
Thank you for your reply..I will try IELTS/OET and CBT in Uk while on Study
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
My people

I'm stock on this page when filling my locator form. My trip is for Thursday.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kc6964(m): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
One of the school representative in Nigeria. I applied to Hertfordshire university though i have already submitted my form for master's program to the school since 2weeks now no respond so l try contact one of the school representative in Nigeria and she said most Benin republic schools are regarded as diploma.The school will most likely not give me an offer and she suggested i should do a bsc top up in business administration which is a year program before i can apply for master's..

Bourne007:
Says who? The university requirements or hearsay?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
You don't need IELTS once you graduate anyways.

Assu:
Thank you for your reply..I will try IELTS/OET and CBT in Uk while on Study
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
Delay can be down to anything. Maybe short staffed due to covid. I think you should ignore what the rep has said and also apply to other universities as well.

If you meet this requirement for example, I see no reason why you wouldn't gain an admission for a masters program.
https://www.bradford.ac.uk/international/country/benin/

I remember someone on this forum who studied in Benin Republic as well (if you read a few pages back). She was concerned about her Benin degree but got a masters program and probably now in the UK.

kc6964:
One of the school representative in Nigeria. I applied to Hertfordshire university though i have already submitted my form for master's program to the school since 2weeks now no respond so l try contact one of the school representative in Nigeria and she said most Benin republic schools are regarded as diploma.The school will most likely not give me an offer and she suggested i should do a bsc top up in business administration which is a year program before i can apply for master's..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 21, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2020
Just landed at Heathrow from Lagos.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.