Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095768 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:17am On Oct 21, 2020
natstryker:
Just landed at Heathrow from Lagos.
Bros.. BA flight still flew yesterday? I thought all flights were cancelled.
Please any number for me to follow up..our flight is tomorrow and we don't want to be caught unawares and miss our flights
oh and congrats on your safe arrival
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:21am On Oct 21, 2020
mamacajah:

Please any number for me to follow up..our flight is tomorrow and we don't want to be caught unawares and miss our flights

Call BA and find out.
Nigeria hasn't shut its airspace.
I don't think its all flights that were cancelled, from what I gather only a couple of airlines did so.
Besides, the number of people leaving Nigeria now is bound to shoot up (just like in 2012) and the airlines will want to cash in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2020
Cyberknight:

Call BA and find out.
Nigeria hasn't shut its airspace.
I don't think its all flights that were cancelled, from what I gather only a couple of airlines did so.
Besides, the number of people leaving Nigeria now is bound to shoot up (just like in 2012) and the airlines will want to cash in.

I have been calling their lines but no response
I will try again by 8am
The issue is how to get to the airport with my family and all our luggages

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:31am On Oct 21, 2020
mamacajah:

I have been calling their lines but no response
I will try again by 8am
The issue is how to get to the airport with my family and all our luggages

That's a tricky one, with the recently imposed curfew. Sorry that you got caught up in this.
Just keep trying BA, both their local and international contact centres (+44 (0)203 250 0145) and hopefully you'll get some sort of clarification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 7:35am On Oct 21, 2020
Only delta airlines cancelled yesterday. The rest flew. Heard they are turning aircraft back or diverting them to Senegal from today. Just call BA and confirm
mamacajah:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Eddierella: 8:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Good morning, please any one with Wakanow’s contact? I have a flight for Sunday but I want to change the bookings to today or tomorrow.

Please assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 8:43am On Oct 21, 2020
Eddierella:
Good morning, please any one with Wakanow’s contact? I have a flight for Sunday but I want to change the bookings to today or tomorrow.

Please assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Billions123: 8:53am On Oct 21, 2020
Eddierella:

Please assist
Japa! cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Franklyn4: 9:38am On Oct 21, 2020
VISA APPROVED!!!!

Did not get any decision mail, did not get any complex mail, did not get any non-straight forward mail, did not receive any kind of call. Just got a mail telling me to be patient that my Visa is being processed at the moment after 43 days of no form of communication. I got the mail on a sunday and decision made on same sunday. The amazing thing is that i received my visa on my birthday. 17-10-2020 after 45 days of waiting.

Biometrics 01/09/2020

Great things happen when God MIXES with us

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EkeneMiriam: 9:52am On Oct 21, 2020
Good morning everyone

Please any news on international flights?
Have they been cancelled? I am traveling with BA 23rd and I am worried sick. I hope the flight has not been canceled. If you have any info let me knowZ
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Naheem4100: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2020
EkeneMiriam:
Good morning everyone

Have they been cancelled? I am traveling with BA 23rd and I am worried sick. I hope the flight has not been canceled. If you have any info let me knowZ

I don’t think so, I have a flight tomorrow too. We should receive a mail if there’s any cancellation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ohek: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2020
yusufDeveloper:
Hi everyone, please I booked an appointment for my TB at IOM since last month but I scheduled it to tomorrow (21st Oct 2020). I want to ask if there's a way to postpone it because Lagos state has declared curfew due to the ongoing protest. I have already made my payment and I was told to come exactly the date I book.

Please, where you able to reschedule your appointment for the TB test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by monamie: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2020
Someone should please help me with paga customer care phone number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2020
Naheem4100:

I don’t think so, I have a flight tomorrow too. We should receive a mail if there’s any cancellation

so how do we get to the airport oh? staying in Lagos and yet stuck in Lagos
now the phone networks are so bad.. lines are not going through
I have been unable to get BA on the phone since morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Naheem4100: 11:35am On Oct 21, 2020
mamacajah:

so how do we get to the airport oh? staying in Lagos and yet stuck in Lagos

Well I’m currently lodged at a hotel close to the airport, I had to fly in from Ibadan yesterday after I heard of the curfew

In the mean time, do you know anyone traveling to the UK today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2020
Ohek:

Please, where you able to reschedule your appointment for the TB test?

Yes, they replied me that I'll be contacted once everywhere is calm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2020
All Visa Application Centres in Nigeria has been shut down for 48hrs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Smithkafors(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
Please I need clarifications on Covid19 testing and quarantine.
1)Is it compulsory to have covid19 before leaving Nigeria to UK?.
2)If yes, what's the significance?.Will it absolve you from quarantine?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Assu: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
Smithkafors:
Is it advisable to disclose previous Canadian refusal during admission Application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
kutenrich:

Please, how was your journey to Glasgow like ?
Did you get a direct flight to Glasgow or you connected with a train from London ?
Sorry for late reply, I didn't even intend to use flight to Glasgow. I got to London and began looking for buses or trains. But then I began considering the distance, almost 8-9hrs journey, that's how I changed to flight. I was able to book a flight £178 straight to Glasgow.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
British Airways as at this morning 21/10/2020 didn't cancel.
mamacajah:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2020
Declare every refusal you have ever had.
To be forewarned....
Assu:
Is it advisable to disclose previous Canadian refusal during admission Application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
1. No
2. Even if you had a COVID Test in Nigeria , YOU MUST STILL SELF ISOLATE..... Failure to do so is just £5000 or £10000
Smithkafors:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2020
1. Lot of airlines are still flying. Check yours and if they are flying.
2. Get around the airport and use a bed and breakfast 48hours before departure because you don't know what's happening next.
EkeneMiriam:
Good morning everyone

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetkid: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
I got this information just now.

Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.
UKVI Pretoria.

I'm tensed. Please what does this mean? Priority Ikeja. Biometrics 16th October.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
Congrats.
Worthy Birthday Gift.
Franklyn4:
VISA APPROVED!!!!

Did not get any decision mail, did not get any complex mail, did not get any non-straight forward mail, did not receive any kind of call. Just got a mail telling me to be patient that my Visa is being processed at the moment after 43 days of no form of communication. I got the mail on a sunday and decision made on same sunday. The amazing thing is that i received my visa on my birthday. 17-10-2020 after 45 days of waiting.

Biometrics 01/09/2020

Great things happen when God MIXES with us

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
If you like yourself contact Herts personally.
Explain and get info direct from the school.
Nigerian Rep for Herts are crappy the only thing they know how to do well is convince you to use "Super Priority" for visa application
Herts International office dept is freaking slow. I have seen students lose admissions 3x due to their negligence of claiming they didn't see the documents until students called in.
If you want faster decision, call to keep tabs.
BTW better check other schools, Herts is a heartbreaker.
Whoever gave you that info about Benin degree considered as a diploma is mean.... If not that Herts is in UK and some other facilities how is it better than Houdegbe?
Is Benin not a country?
All those reps don't know it all...some of them don't know courses available in January without looking at the prospectus and several other things that you know on this platform.
I have tried them...I mean Herts Rep .
Do your thing by yourself.

kc6964:
One of the school representative in Nigeria. I applied to Hertfordshire university though i have already submitted my form for master's program to the school since 2weeks now no respond so l try contact one of the school representative in Nigeria and she said most Benin republic schools are regarded as diploma.The school will most likely not give me an offer and she suggested i should do a bsc top up in business administration which is a year program before i can apply for master's..

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Frannie123: 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hello all,please i would like to find out if its possible to apply for a dependant visa for my hubby with a 5year UK visitors visa?also does he have to be physically present in the Uk?he can't leave his job for now.I plan on going to the Uk with my two kids,is it possible to apply with them without my husband?
Thankyou all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
New Policy allows you to apply 6months before resumption.
adeniyy01:

Please which session are you going for, that's, October intake or January?

I thought January intake Visa process starts from November.
If the amount in acct wasn't lower than required amount in-between.. the counting is from September 9th.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
Good day everyone, please for those who used the paga verve option in paying for the Visa and IHS fee only to be debited, with the payment bringing out an error. How long did it take you guys for the money to be refunded back to your account? And what's the best option to go about it? I don't want my next payment to enter another voicemail, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.