Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089884 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by biggiyke(m): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
ugomnaanny:
Pls I am aware ur siblings can't be ur sponsor but can my sister pay my fees for me? Cos she is in canada and intend paying my fees directly from canada to the school while I use my personal acct to show proof of fund (self sponsored).. pls I need answer
yes, anyone can pay your fees for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
ugomnaanny:
Pls I am aware ur siblings can't be ur sponsor but can my sister pay my fees for me? Cos she is in canada and intend paying my fees directly from canada to the school while I use my personal acct to show proof of fund (self sponsored).. pls I need answer
yes, a third party can pay your tuition on your behalf, just make sure your student number and name , reflects in the transaction description

the more important is your student number.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Jumat14:
Guru in the house please. I need urgent answer to this question please. The maintenance Fees is the money that will be in account for 28 days or is their any other money. Thanks

refer to page 1 of this thread, everything you need is there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by NomzyJust(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
olalemii:

grin
olalemii:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TemmyDavies(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys if applying for a student visa, how much is best to show as proof of sufficient funds at the embassy?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunkanmi562(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
ugomnaanny:
same course I want to apply for at university of Salford Manchester by next week, I studied land surveying as my 1st degree

What's the cost at Salford sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by moetariq: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
It will end in praise. Have you ever had any visa refusals in the past? This is something that may cause some delay.

Swiftlee:
I did biometric on 20th October (Priority)

Application has been received by DMC
I got this email today..

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we are unlikely to resolve your application within these customer service targets. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

I have been feeling uneasy since morning.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2020
moetariq:
It will end in praise. Have you ever had any visa refusals in the past? This is something that may cause some delay.

Visa Refusals doesn't cause any delay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hi guys, I'm trying to use TransferWise from Nigeria. The transaction is in pounds, not naira as I have a pound domiciliary account in Naija. I'm confused on which details to use, they are slightly different details or i should use both, please help TheGuyFromHR and others who know about this app

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luchi89(f): 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
mumsjoy:
Good Morning Guys, please has anyone applied for Visa with a Bank statement printed for more than 2weeks and has successfully been given visa.

PLEASE READ, YOUR RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED
You have 30days validity on bank statement. So you're fine, go ahead to use and apply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
moetariq:

Amen!! I have never had any refusal before. It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by moetariq: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
My sister, I once read this on UKVI or UKCISA website. Assuming you are correct, that visa refusals don't cause delay, can you please tell us what factors could cause a non-straightforward processing?

I'd like to learn. I also want to apply priority but I have had some refusals in the past and I am skeptical. Others can pls contribute.

Have you seen someone with refusal or previous visa refusals get his/her priority visa in 5 working days??

Aprokodaughter:

Visa Refusals doesn't cause any delay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
Of course she can. But the payment has to reflect on your CAS, before starting visa application

ugomnaanny:
Pls I am 1aware ur siblings can't be ur sponsor but can my sister pay my fees for me? Cos she is in canada and intend paying my fees directly from canada to the school while I use my personal acct to show proof of fund (self sponsored).. pls I need answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nadheer15:
Hi guys, I'm trying to use TransferWise from Nigeria. The transaction is in pounds, not naira as I have a pound domiciliary account in Naija. I'm confused on which details to use, they are slightly different details or i should use both, please help TheGuyFromHR and others who know about this app

Not sure where you have a problem, but if it is concerning addresses, the first address is TransferWise's own address (i.e. payee address), while the second is its bank's address (Barclays Bank).

In wire transfer forms, there are spaces for inputting both these details, and that's why they're given.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
moetariq:
My sister, I once read this on UKVI or UKCISA website. Assuming you are correct, that visa refusals don't cause delay, can you please tell us what factors could cause a non-straightforward processing?

I'd like to learn. I also want to apply priority but I have had some refusals in the past and I am skeptical. Others can pls contribute.

Have you seen someone with refusal or previous visa refusals get his/her priority visa in 5 working days??

Nobody here works on UKVI but I had two refusals (I mentioned one for some reasons I thought I would mention the second one during my visa interview fortunately they did not ask) and my visa still came out at the right time (no second interview, no non-straight forward mail)

Someone here mentioned that he had refusals from several countries. He/she mentioned all and they still got their visa at the right time.

Yes, lots of factors come in but you can say refusals is one of them. Even those that will apply for the first time might still experience delay.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mumsjoy: 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=Luchi89 post=95364539]
You have 30days validity on bank statement. So you're fine, go ahead to use and apply.[/quote

Thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
moetariq:

Advisable not to pay for priority if you've had prior refusals.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Not sure where you have a problem, but if it is concerning addresses, the first address is TransferWise's own address (i.e. payee address), while the second is its bank's address (Barclays Bank).

In wire transfer forms, there are spaces for inputting both these details, and that's why they're given.
The confusion is because there are two bank details stated therein. Here's the bank I use:

If you compare with the two details, there are some stuffs missing in Barclays which is found in TransferWise and vice-versa

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by NomzyJust(m): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
TemmyDavies:
Hello guys if applying for a student visa, how much is best to show as proof of sufficient funds at the embassy?

Hello.
Your question is not straightforward so kindly check page 1 of this thread.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
anergy:

Biometrics: 29/09
Decision mail: 16/10
No collection mail.
Well, I don't know what to do

This is serious. I am just wondering what might be the reason for the delay because decision mail came in before this unrest.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Deku04: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good evening people, please who is applied/ is attending robert Gordon university, I applied some weeks back and I got a mail to schedule an interview with them, I'll like to know what to expect during the interview like questions possibly asked etc, thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nadheer15:
The confusion is because there are two bank details stated therein. Here's the bank I use:

If you compare with the two details, there are some stuffs missing in Barclays which is found in TransferWise and vice-versa

Oh, I see what you mean now and what is causing the confusion.
It's strange, I dont remember seeing that before, I always received one set of bank details when I made all my transfers and it was their Barclays Bank details and address.

Input the Swift Code and IBAN number you were given there into an online Swift code checker and it will let you know the bank to which they belong, and if it is Barclays Bank (as has always been the case for my transfers), it will indicate and then you can use those.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lollymii: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
chybabie:
Thank God for journey mercies. I want to ask if you booked through wakanow, there was a time I learnt they were give discounts to students.
No i didn't though, was told about age restriction, i booked with another travel agency.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Theblink123: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys my sponsor has 12 million in his account please would this be sufficient for a bsc in uk and does my sponsor need to show his source of funds even if they are no irregular lodgments within the period of 30 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
biggiyke:

yes, anyone can pay your fees for you.
ok thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
olalemii:

yes, a third party can pay your tuition on your behalf, just make sure your student number and name , reflects in the transaction description

the more important is your student number.
thnks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ugomnaanny: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
sunkanmi562:

What's the cost at Salford sir
13,320 pounds I heard they give discount and you pay 4kpounds (1st payment) to get the student visa.. I choose construction in project management and not project management, project management fees is higher
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olalemii: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
Theblink123:
Hello guys my sponsor has 12 million in his account please would this be sufficient for a bsc in uk and does my sponsor need to show his source of funds even if they are no irregular lodgments within the period of 30 months.

you have to look up a university of your choice and know your tuition fee before anyone here can help you.
do that and come back with your question, people are here to help..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
Yes they're giving discounts. I bought my ticket on Sat and I got the discount.

chybabie:
Thank God for journey mercies. I want to ask if you booked through wakanow, there was a time I learnt they were give discounts to students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Theblink123: 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
olalemii:

you have to look up a university of your choice and know your tuition fee before anyone here can help you.
do that and come back with your question, people are here to help..

I will surely do that thanks for your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thanksss: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2020
Jumat14:
Guru in the house please. I need urgent answer to this question please. The maintenance Fees is the money that will be in account for 28 days or is their any other money. Thanks
Your maintenance fee and balance of your school fees are meant to be in your acct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.