Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090210 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello House,

Is it possible to get a refund for priority service if your application was not treated as priority service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jay3012: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2020
How wasn't it treated as priority? Were u denied visa?
OBYNOWEST12:
Hello House,

Is it possible to get a refund for priority service if your application was not treated as priority service.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2020
It was treated as standard application. Today make it 13working days. I thought priority is 5 working days you get your Visa.

jay3012:
How wasn't it treated as priority? Were u denied visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sherry02: 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
ademeedee:
Hi, please I want to ask has anyone used Turkish Airline recently and did they ask for the precovid test? I am travelling tomorrow and haven't done it yet. Please help!!

Also, I can't remember the guy who said his visa said he can't travel. He should check well, I collected mine today and it did not say anything like that. Like someone said, is he sure it not when his vignette date is too?

Previous posts on this thread suggest that Turkish Airline doesn’t require a covid test.

Please when did you get the decision email? I got mine yesterday but no collection yet. Wondering if it’s too early to go there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ademeedee: 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
Really!! Because in my booking they said I have to do the precovid test. I know most people said they did not ask. I just don't want any issues and also don't have 50k to throw away. �

I got my decision email on Friday and pick up yesterday I was surprised myself. You can give it still tomorrow I am sure you should get the pick up email!!
Sherry02:

Previous posts on this thread suggest that Turkish Airline doesn’t require a covid test.

Please when did you get the decision email? I got mine yesterday but no collection yet. Wondering if it’s too early to go there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 10:38pm On Nov 03, 2020
I have a question please, are there any travel restrictions for students on tier 4 visa? Are students allowed to travel out and return back to uk anytime they have a reason to, especially now that classes are online? Do I also need to inform the school anytime I want to travel out of the country??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 10:55pm On Nov 03, 2020
May I know when you paid and the exchange rate (£ to $) used? I have a funded dollar card and I'm contemplating using that for tuition deposit instead of form A.

senator77:

I used Mastercard dollar card to pay my 50% deposit. Its within minutes & school sent my receipt in less than 1hour.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Grace321: 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
Thanks for this

senator77:

I used Mastercard dollar card to pay my 50% deposit. Its within minutes & school sent my receipt in less than 1hour.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by awumen: 12:40am On Nov 04, 2020
@mimilyrics, just wise and other gurus.
1. Hubby has agreed to do dependant visa
2. School is in Scotland(uws),how much does each of us (me,hubby & 2 kids) need in account (Total),for the period of my masters
3. Is it advisable that we all apply once?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:39am On Nov 04, 2020
2. Your tuition balance + your maintenance (£1,015*9) + £680*9 for each of your dependants. Total maintenance for you, your husband and child will be about £21,375 excluding your tuition fees.
Add some extra money as a buffer against inflation if your funds will be in a Naira account.
3. It depends on your preferences.
Some apply with dependants so that they can travel at the same time to help prevent homesickness as a result of time away from home/family.
Some apply separately because they'd like to travel ahead of their families to conclude living arrangements so that the family doesn't feel the initial stress of moving in.
Some people apply for their dependants after they get their visas/BRPs to avoid cases where the application fee(s) is wasted in case of a refusal that can't be upturned with AR.
Some apply together anyway as long as they are sure that all the requirements have been ticked exactly how UKVI wants it.
awumen:
@mimilyrics, just wise and other gurus.
1. Hubby has agreed to do dependant visa
2. School is in Scotland(uws),how much does each of us (me,hubby & 2 kids) need in account (Total),for the period of my masters
3. Is it advisable that we all apply once?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:44am On Nov 04, 2020
Try to check your information to be sure it's correct if it's still showing you the incorrect amount.
quille11:

Thanks @mimilyrics for your prompt response
The calculator still shows that the total is £940 instead of £705. Is this due to additional fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ebohmiracle: 1:46am On Nov 04, 2020
While applying for my visa I wasn't married yet, I did not put anyone as a dependent, but now I'm thinking of getting married before I travel and later my wife can come in as a tier 4 dependant. I don't know if this process can fly.

2. Then please I want to know if I can travel during the lockdown to England.

3. I want to know the list of airlines that requires a Covid test before flying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:00am On Nov 04, 2020
1. When you get married, just make a dependant application for your spouse and include your marriage certificate and other docs (communication evidence, pictures etc.) that prove that you've got a genuine and subsisting relationship with her.
2. You should be able to since schools are still open and the airports are not closed.
3. Do a google search of the airlines you have in mind and read their travel updates for passengers.
Ebohmiracle:
While applying for my visa I wasn't married yet, I did not put anyone as a dependent, but now I'm thinking of getting married before I travel and later my wife can come in as a tier 4 dependant. I don't know if this process can fly.

2. Then please I want to know if I can travel during the lockdown to England.

3. I want to know the list of airlines that requires a Covid test before flying

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 5:41am On Nov 04, 2020
jay3012:
Paid tuition deposit for Edinburgh Napier university today. 3500gbp..finally.. I used form A.. Hopefully in less than two weeks max I should get a complete transaction and telex.. Form A is cheaper by far
going to napier too what rate did u get?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 6:41am On Nov 04, 2020
JustCare:
Good day everyone! Please between Roehampton and Greenwich which is a better shot in terms of quality and location

Both university are good. In terms of ranking and recognition, Greenwich is ahead. Roehampton is in a posh area. As a student l, you can live in Greenwich or close by for cheaper apartments. You can easily get your 9ja/African stores in Greenwich, Lewisham or Peckham. All the best in your decision.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by awumen: 6:45am On Nov 04, 2020
1. This is my calculation,
9135 - For me @ 9 months
6120*3 is 18360 For Hubby&2 kids at 9 months.
2. Is my calculation right,guess you lrs came with 2 dependant?
Total 27495 excluding tuition fees.
Many thanks.
quote author=mimilyrics post=95660081]2. Your tuition balance + your maintenance (£1,015*9) + £680*9 for each of your dependants. Total maintenance for you, your husband and child will be about £21,375 excluding your tuition fees.
Add some extra money as a buffer against inflation if your funds will be in a Naira account.
Some apply with dependants so that they can travel at the same time to help prevent homesickness as a result of time away from home/family.
Some apply separately because they'd like to travel ahead of their families to conclude living arrangements so that the family doesn't feel the initial stress of moving in.
Some people apply for their dependants after they get their visas/BRPs to avoid cases where the application is wasted in case of a refusal that can't be upturned with AR.
Some apply together anyway as long as they are sure that all the requirements have been ticked exactly how UKVI wants it.
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaygibson: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2020
Good morning everyone. I got emailed a date for TB testing and a link to register with, but while registering, it said I already have an old application (which I don't) and I should contact IOM for a new one. Is this a general issue or something? Cos it took them over a week to email me that appointment and I don't wanna lose it if it's still valid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ebohmiracle: 7:30am On Nov 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. When you get married, just make a dependant application for your spouse and include your marriage certificate and other docs (communication evidence, pictures etc.) that prove that you've got a genuine and subsisting relationship with her.
2. You should be able to since schools are still open and the airports are not closed.
3. Do a google search of the airlines you have in mind and read their travel updates for passengers.
Thank you baba

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 8:01am On Nov 04, 2020
Good morning beautiful family,

Please I need your help urgently.

I’ve been trying to pay for ihs but it has been saying technical problems since last night.
I used different browsers but still kept showing technical problems.

For those that this issue in the past, please in how many hours did ihs system came up after hours of technical problem?

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GHJOE: 8:07am On Nov 04, 2020
iphie1984:

Yes I paid 4000 as deposit before the CAS was issued. They give discount 2k

@iphie1984 I also got an offer of admission at demontfort university for January 2021.. pls can we link up.. I’ll like to ask you some questions I’ve already paid the £4000, I’m expecting my CAS.. pls email me at joosseeff@gmail.com
1. How long does it take for ur CAS to come out?
2. Was NHS part of the visa application requirements?
3. How was the interview(if you did)?
4. Did you pay for accommodation before applying for the Visa?
Pls ur reply will really be appreciated
Thanks �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2020
Hello House,

I got a decision mail and collection mail on Monday. I paid for DHL. My passport was dispatched on Monday. Up till now I have not received my package. I do live in awka, anambra state. I made use my address in awka.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tomifolake: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2020
Good morning
Has anyone in Lagos been able to book a tb test recently? I have tried all their numbers endlessly it never connects and I have sent up to like 6 emails since Friday no response still.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
Hello House,

I got a decision mail and collection mail on Monday. I paid for DHL. My passport was dispatched on Monday. Up till now I have not received my package. I do live in awka, anambra state. I made use my address in awka.

This question belongs to DHL ... they are the ones who can advice. Call them not us, lol
Monday was just 2 days ago so really there still time for delivery
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Blissideas: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2020
Call the their customer service .

This question belongs to DHL ... they are the ones who can advice. Monday was just 2 days ago so really there still time for delivery [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2020
Thanks all for the advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemite14557: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2020
I'm new here,I"m about to apply for visa after paying my deposits,I have a dependent but i'm not married yet,is there a way I can include him for future purpose in my application to avoid misrepresentation ?,please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by JustCare: 9:36am On Nov 04, 2020
Phenmeson:

Both university are good. In terms of ranking and recognition, Greenwich is ahead. Roehampton is in a posh area. As a student l, you can live in Greenwich or close by for cheaper apartments. You can easily get your 9ja/African stores in Greenwich, Lewisham or Peckham. All the best in your decision.

Thanks man!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:40am On Nov 04, 2020
Yes, your calculation is correct, I calculated for 2 dependants (your husband and a child).
awumen:
1. This is my calculation,
9135 - For me @ 9 months
6120*3 is 18360 For Hubby&2 kids at 9 months.
2. Is my calculation right,guess you lrs came with 2 dependant?
Total 27495 excluding tuition fees.
Many thanks.
quote author=mimilyrics post=95660081]2. Your tuition balance + your maintenance (£1,015*9) + £680*9 for each of your dependants. Total maintenance for you, your husband and child will be about £21,375 excluding your tuition fees.
Some people apply for their dependants after they get their visas/BRPs to avoid cases where the application is wasted in case of a refusal that can't be upturned with AR.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.