Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094008 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uk4sure20: 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2020
Thank you

fatima04:

Payment is just once. You don't have to pay again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IjJudy(f): 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2020
STENON:
Hi bro, Please I am here to help... what is the question?

Please I have a question about QTS, PGCE/PGDE, where do I start from and how, saw where you told someone about getting a TRCN certificate.

I am interested in Teaching in UK, i graduated from a UK school in 2016 with a Masters (Computer Networks). I have a BSc in Computer Science from a Nigeria school. I just completed my PGDE and I am duly registered with TRCN. I teach Maths and Computing.

Please anybody and the house gurus that knows how I should proceed in order not to make mistakes should come to my aid, biko, ejoor...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2020
Osigobin:

Please can you say how much you paid for IHS for yourself, wife and son.

$955.04 each.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bossyplus: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
Pls is this $955 for a year IHS or more?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gentilityndu: 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
moetariq:
Congrats.
Please I want to know from those who have gotten their visas either through standard or priority, at what point do you know your visa is approved Is it stated in your decision mail?
Or you cannot know till you get your passport back and open it?

I just applied and paid for priority and courier. WIll they let me know if visa is approved at any stage before I get the passport back?

The wait for courier na wa o. Sometimes to pick up is faster to quench BP. lol

You won’t know till you receive your visa... But if you do your homework very well, u ve to be confident that you’ve been granted visa... Congrats in addy!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zemanova: 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2020
Good day guys, please who is going to Teesside University for January Intake and has received is CAS, I got a reply from UKVI Sponsor, concerning my answers to the mandatory questionnaire. They said my answers were too short and I didn't provide them with the information needed to proceed with my CAS application, So they are giving me another opportunity to complete a new questionnaire. Plz anyone with good knowledge that can help me out,am nervous already because, they said this is will be my last shot.a copy of previous answers was sent to me for refrence purpose. Please guys, I need help

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dadawig: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2020
Chreze:
Great News!!!

Picked up our passport today with visa.

Application: main: 31st Oct, wife: 1st Nov, Son: 2nd Nov
Biometric: 4th Nov (all 3)
Application transferred to VAC: 4th Nov (all 3)
Decision mail: 9th Nov (all 3)
Ready for collection mail: 11th Nov (all 3)
Picked up today.

Standard application.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has posted on this platform since 2019. I have been reading this tread since early 2019 and I just come to read people’s question and answers given to them. It all led me to today’s good news. Thanks @Mimi, Justwise, Lagosisourhome(hahaha) and other old guys who don’t come on like they use to( tobexin, stenon, and the other troublesome guy that fights with Aprokodaughter everyday since early this year.

Thanks all.

Congratulations on your Visa. I have few questions below. Will appreciate your answers

1. Did you write a Cover letter for yourself/spouse to support your application. Example by explaining the living expenses funds for your wife and child is in your bank account.

2. On the visa application form with the question "Do you know where you will be staying in the UK? Did you answer Yes by inputting your school address or you you answered No and stated that you will be staying in a private accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 1:15am On Nov 15, 2020
dadawig:

Congratulations on your Visa. I have few questions below. Will appreciate your answers

1. Did you write a Cover letter for yourself/spouse to support your application. Example by explaining the living expenses funds for your wife and child is in your bank account.

2. On the visa application form with the question "Do you know where you will be staying in the UK? Did you answer Yes by inputting your school address or you you answered No and stated that you will be staying in a private accommodation.

1. I didn’t write anything about their living expense being in my account because I believe if they are your dependent, then that covers that all. I only stated in my application they will be traveling with me and for every sentence in my letter of explanation, I used “We” instead of “i”. And yes I wrote a letter of explanation as, I didn’t like how my CAS stated the financial part (scholarship, deposit and balance). So just to be on the safe side, I did a better explanation to satisfy myself. And also passport change and all that.

2. I didn’t think it was reasonable or wise for me to put in school address as the place I would be staying as there was no way I would be living with a family in the school lodge. So I picked “no” and explained I had an arrangement, and will confirm the said arrangement after visa has been confirmed. I would have used school lodge if I were to travel alone, I was just honest with the whole visa application thing cos I realize it’s easier to explain and won’t contradict yourself if you tell it how you are planing it.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 1:17am On Nov 15, 2020
bossyplus:
Pls is this $955 for a year IHS or more?

Yes for a year, using Paga verve for that day I did my payment, there is possibility that it might have either added more or less. You know this things are based on exchange rate and it fluctuates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SandraDee: 1:29am On Nov 15, 2020
Please, when booking appointments for the family, were you able to get the same day and same time? If no, please how were you all able to go for biometrics on the same day?

Chreze:

1. I didn’t write anything about their living expense being in my account because I believe if they are your dependent, then that covers that all. I only stated in my application they will be traveling with me and for every sentence in my letter of explanation, I used “We” instead of “i”. And yes I wrote a letter of explanation as, I didn’t like how my CAS stated the financial part (scholarship, deposit and balance). So just to be on the safe side, I did a better explanation to satisfy myself. And also passport change and all that.

2. I didn’t think it was reasonable or wise for me to put in school address as the place I would be staying as there was no way I would be living with a family in the school lodge. So I picked “no” and explained I had an arrangement, and will confirm the said arrangement after visa has been confirmed. I would have used school lodge if I were to travel alone, I was just honest with the whole visa application thing cos I realize it’s easier to explain and won’t contradict yourself if you tell it how you are planing it.

Hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by femimat(m): 2:01am On Nov 15, 2020
Abeg ant risk of working beyond 20hours as a student in the UK? A student has got a juicy offer but it will be more than 20 hours.

gurus, please advise the downside of taking this offer.

thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 3:34am On Nov 15, 2020
femimat:
Abeg ant risk of working beyond 20hours as a student in the UK? A student has got a juicy offer but it will be more than 20 hours.

thank you.

HMRC is watching.
It's a violation of your visa conditions as clearly indicated on your residence permit.
When the time comes for the PSW, they can open your record.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 4:37am On Nov 15, 2020
SandraDee:
Please, when booking appointments for the family, were you able to get the same day and same time? If no, please how were you all able to go for biometrics on the same day?

Check early hours and late hours. 5-6am and 12-1am. Especially weekdays. You get to see lots of slots during those hours.

Get one persons own to say Thursday, then start to work on other people’s own to meet that date. Using those early hours, you will achieve it. Also note that time of the slot doesn’t really matter, what matter is same day and you all will be attended to at same time using the earliest time slot of all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hotboss: 5:06am On Nov 15, 2020
ifechez:
Hello, please who's going to Bournemouth university here. I am looking out for an accomodation, anyone with the right information should please drop it here. Thanks

Sent u a mail. Let's connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ishola075(m): 6:00am On Nov 15, 2020
Please who knows anyone that apply to university of Plymouth, or any one going there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Drealday2020: 6:31am On Nov 15, 2020
Please how long does it takes to get decision for tier 4 standard application. ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SandraDee: 7:29am On Nov 15, 2020
Thank you so much.

Chreze:

Check early hours and late hours. 5-6am and 12-1am. Especially weekdays. You get to see lots of slots during those hours.

Get one persons own to say Thursday, then start to work on other people’s own to meet that date. Using those early hours, you will achieve it. Also note that time of the slot doesn’t really matter, what matter is same day and you all will be attended to at same time using the earliest time slot of all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:53am On Nov 15, 2020
femimat:

thank you.

Dont try it ....

I wonder how come this employer doesnt know students cannot work more than 20 hours term time . Is this job part of the exempt on 20hours such as some NHS job... if no then note

All employers are now mandated to tell HMRC about full disclosure of employees salary and its tied to you NIN. When it time for renewal then comes major problem .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by longidorous: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2020
ishola075:
Please who knows anyone that apply to university of Plymouth, or any one going there

Got an offer from them, but not going.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ifechez: 8:49am On Nov 15, 2020
hotboss:

Sent u a mail. Let's connect

Ok bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ifechez: 8:50am On Nov 15, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Dont try it ....

I wonder how come this employer doesnt know students cannot work more than 20 hours term time . Is this job part of the exempt on 20hours such as some NHS job... if no then note

All employers are now mandated to tell HMRC about full disclosure of employees salary and its tied to you NIN. When it time for renewal then comes major problem .

So one cannot work more than 20hrs during break or holiday?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 9:03am On Nov 15, 2020
Really bizarre an employer wants to employ a student to work more than 20 hours (except on uni break or on holidays). Not only s/he is breaking immigration rules but the company, if found out, will face penalties.

If it's that juicy, ask for sponsorship.

femimat:

thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2020
ifechez:

So one cannot work more than 20hrs during break or holiday?

Know the rules

Working during study

If your visa entitles you to work during your study, you will normally be allowed to work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during term time* and full-time during holiday periods*.

Please note: Tier 4 students permitted to work, must ensure that they work any permitted hours (20 hours) into a 7-day period starting on a Monday and ending on a Sunday.

Students who work irregular hours and or, who have more than one employer will need to retain records of how many hours they work on any given day, to ensure that they do not breach the Tier 4 working conditions....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jay3012: 10:45am On Nov 15, 2020
Same day I started calling from 8am..i kept calling with both my phones till they picked up around past 10 and I got booked for Dec 4th
Michael820:

Ok thanks, How long did it take you to book one...its really funny, whenever I tried calling its either busy or not available and when it's ringing they won't pick up.. it's like they have stared my number or something.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Greenville990: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2020
Thanks a lot @Chreze

Chreze:
@Greenville990

Here is a sample of the consent letter I got here. Someone uploaded it months back. Tho I edited the one I uploaded to fit my own circumstances/Situation, the format and content is similar/same.

To: Home Office UK Visas & Immigration

Date

To Whom It May Concern

Name of Child: Consent Letter for Tier 4 Dependant Child Visa Application

We (mother’s name, date of birth, gender) and (father’s name, date of birth, gender), parents of (child’s name, date of birth, gender are giving our consent for our child to apply for her Tier 4 dependant child visa for United Kingdom. We confirm that we share legal custody for child’s name.

We are travelling together as a family and his/her application is linked to the main applicant, main applicant’s name.

Please kindly note that due to the COVID–19 pandemic and the need to quarantine for 14 days, we have booked a temporary accommodation which will be confirmed once we get our visa. The booking has been attached to this application. We shall subsequently be staying in privately rented accommodation which shall also be confirmed once we get our visa.

Please contact us if any additional information is required.

Yours faithfully
Father Mother
Signature
Name
Address
Telephone
Email

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EmeraldMars: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2020
Kindly advice me:
I want to apply for tier 4 visa, will a sudden large amount of money in my sponsor's account affect me? Or should my sponsor explain the source of the money in my sponsor's letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IjJudy(f): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
Hi @Yemsot

Congrats and hope you are well settled?

Please i have some questions.

1. Did you pay any fee deposits like students for Masters students do, if yes, how much?

2. As a Maths teacher trainee, any bursary or scholarship since you are a non salaried trainee?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ifechez: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Know the rules

Working during study

If your visa entitles you to work during your study, you will normally be allowed to work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during term time* and full-time during holiday periods*.

Please note: Tier 4 students permitted to work, must ensure that they work any permitted hours (20 hours) into a 7-day period starting on a Monday and ending on a Sunday.

Students who work irregular hours and or, who have more than one employer will need to retain records of how many hours they work on any given day, to ensure that they do not breach the Tier 4 working conditions....

Ok. I have a friend who went in January. He didn't start working until April when the school went on holiday. From that moment, he was on full time until October. Although the second semester resumed on 28th September. Which implies he had done a full time for one month in term time.

Also, will Advance practice time be considered as term time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kcmontez: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2020
Can I use the same POF to apply for my dependents after I get my own visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.