Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,709 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086806 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jay3012: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Guys how una dey?.. Please is it possible to use a different bank statement from the one I sent to school for embassy. I mean still my personal account but different banks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jay3012: 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Yes naira savings account, it took 5days for the transaction to go through and an extra 2days before I got my telex copy sent to my email. School confirmed same day I sent telex copy
awumen:

1. Funds was pulled from your naira account?
2. How long did it take school to confirm payment?
3. When did you receive telex copy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by longidorous: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2020
jay3012:
Guys how una dey?.. Please is it possible to use a different bank statement from the one I sent to school for embassy. I mean still my personal account but different banks

Some schools will state that it's compulsory you use same statement - not only same bank, but the exact copy they verified.

Pls when did you apply for the UBA form A? I've been waiting...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
@lagosismyhome, how can I reach out to you. I need to pick your brain on something very important. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jay3012: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Last week Tuesday.. Transaction went through on monday
longidorous:

Some schools will state that it's compulsory you use same statement - not only same bank, but the exact copy they verified.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingsilly(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2020
longidorous:

How is this possible if it’s been more than 30days after you got your CAS, you’ll have to print a new statement, you might be right about different banks, but he should be able to print another one from the bank submitted to university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sinzu01(m): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2020
lukzy500:

I have not got response from them this is my 3rd week of applying.
I plan to study water,waste amd environmental engineering.
What about you
Sorry for late reply buh you probably should send them mail anyways am going for Msc international business.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sinzu01(m): 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
Please has anyone made use of GTB prepaid dollar card for payment of ihs and visa fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2020
awumen:
Thank you.
My question
1. Whose bank statement did you put in wife's application
2. Who wrote consent letter for your child?
3. Is it mandatory to do TB test for kids under 10yrs?

1. I used my account for wife
2. We wrote consent letter and both signed.
3. We got a Health certificate for him, but below 11yrs don’t undergo that TB test. They just do normal temp check and heart beat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by longidorous: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2020
kingsilly:

How is this possible if it’s been more than 30days after you got your CAS, you’ll have to print a new statement, you might be right about different banks, but he should be able to print another one from the bank submitted to university

I'm also right about the exact copy... Some Unis just don't want stories. They want us to use what they are convinced is right wink It's their CAS at stake

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rexofficial: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2020
Hello everyone i got an admission to study in the uk, and m already booked for my TB test,would love if m giving guidelines after I submit my Application to the embassy and if everyone could share with me commonly asked questions During the interview after submitting my application would really appreciate if m been answered
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congratulation. Please can i reach you? I sent you a mail kindly check your email. Thanks
Agitude17:
Testimony Testimony Testimony

Biometrics/walk in 12th of Oct
Received by DMC 13th of Oct
Decision Mail 23rd of Oct
Pick up mail 29th of Oct
Picked up 2nd of Nov
Travelled 4th of Nov lol no time to waste

Standard
No interview though already been interviewed by the school.

No non straight forward message.

I Had two US Tourist Visa refusal
ONE CANADA BAN. ( mis representation not declaring that I had 2 US refusal)

ALL WERE DECLARED DURING MY APPLICATION.

I submitted a letter to explain why the Ban and also while the refusal.

I declared also that I have a Brother in the uk although I said I will be staying in the university campus but I added his Leave to remain card.

Note: i didn't declare i had a ban to the school the first school i did withdrew their
CAS said that they consider me a high risk candidate. It was a long journey but I give glory to God for his faithfulness because after they withdrew their CAS I applied to this school and they gave me an offer in less than 24hrs Sept in take.

I want to use this opportunity to thank Mimilyrics Oloshi and all that encourage me to declare and hope for the best

Got to london tru Heathrow airport (Virgin airline) no covid test required. Smooth ride.

Immigration officer only asked me of my locator form . Pls make sure you fill that form and print out very important. Want to encourage all pls make sure you declare all your refusals while applying for Visa.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Vatsyayana:
Hello folks, is 15million naira sufficient proof of fund for a school like Bradford?
I suppose it's enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Samgalaxy: 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2020
Pls what the available date you got? I want to book mine and I really need a close date due to some health challenges
Fuadayo:
I booked like 4 times via email. The day I later went my name was there.
When you book an appointment they will mail you to confirm. You can book another day sef.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Elizabeth28: 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Elizabeth28:
Is it normal to get a decision mail the day after biometrics.
Did yesterday and decision mail is out already from UKVI Pretoria.
I'm worried o
Though I paid for priority Visa (the one of 5 days)

Passport recieved.
Visa approved.

My friend also got a decision mail less than 24hours after her biometrics and passport recieved and Visa approved.

Mine was TLS Ikeja.
Here's was TLS Abuja.

For clarity purpose.
Biometrics Nov 9th
Decision Mail Nov 10th
Pickup Mail Nov 13th

We're leaving to the UK on Sunday.
Swansea and Coventry University respectively.
Flight booked BA as at today 277k through Wakanow.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks to just wise,mimilyrics,aprokodaughter and everyone else that answered my many questions.

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 10:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
Congratulations Liz, that was pretty fast. Have a safe trip
Elizabeth28:

Passport recieved.
Visa approved.

My friend also got a decision mail less than 24hours after her biometrics and passport recieved and Visa approved.

Mine was TLS Ikeja.
Here's was TLS Abuja.

For clarity purpose.
Biometrics Nov 9th
Decision Mail Nov 10th
Pickup Mail Nov 13th

We're leaving to the UK on Sunday.
Swansea and Coventry University respectively.
Flight booked BA as at today 277k through Wakanow.

Thanks everyone.
Thanks to just wise,mimilyrics,aprokodaughter and everyone else that answered my many questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ohek: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
Bourne007:
Compare airline prices using skyscanner for example and choose which suits you. Go directly to the airline and book your own way

I will tell her to do that. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2020
Grace321:
Please how do I choose the date? December- April 2021 is showing like this

Try doing it on a PC. Normally these dates don't matter since you've already booked an appointment date, because I believe when you called you already told whoever answered you the date and time of your appointment. It's also stated at the email you received too. So either you choose the exact date you chose in order to continue with the online registration process or ignore it if it doesn't go and finish the process at the time of your appointment date. All is good. The most important thing is getting an appointment date and time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Grace321: 11:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thanks much

DonTwice:

Try doing it on a PC. Normally these dates don't matter since you've already booked an appointment date, because I believe when you called you already told whoever answered you the date and time of your appointment. It's also stated at the email you received too. So either you choose the exact date you chose in order to continue with the online registration process or ignore it if it doesn't go and finish the process at the time of your appointment date. All is good. The most important thing is getting an appointment date and time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by daholiest(m): 12:14am On Nov 14, 2020
OK thanks so much.
Can TB test be done anytime please?

LagosismyHome:

Yes ...as long as you done your TB
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mustardsandteal: 2:03am On Nov 14, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,

Please does anyone know who or where I can get a loan for my Masters in the UK? I got an Admission for January 2021 intake and the only thing limiting me now is finance.

I intend to pay back in installments after I settle fully in the UK. That is, start paying back 3/4 months after I arrive the UK. I have been to many financial houses in Lagos, asked a few people all to no avail. The financial houses I went to said they don't give Education loans, only Business loans or property loans.

Your help will be appreciated. I have all my personal documents for verification.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lukee247(m): 3:15am On Nov 14, 2020
Anyone here on this thread who's ever heard of BPP University or an alumni pls if like some reviews based on experience...

I learnt there nursing adult tuition for international students comes with 9,000pounds bursary making the tuition fee for your whole undergraduate program of 3years 18,000pounds from the supposed total of 27,000pounds

Anyone pls �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Midey1011: 6:25am On Nov 14, 2020
Thanks for your response MaEssien. And yes will like to link up if that is fine. I sent you a message request via email already. Thanks a lot.

Yes. My husband is going to Uni of Edinburgh in January for his PhD. CAS was issued. Visa granted already. If you would like to link up with him, shoot me a msg[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omoolobi: 6:31am On Nov 14, 2020
Good morning guys,

Just booked Egypt Air through wakanow, Pls anyone with idea of covid test or not? Or any other nec stuffs.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by longidorous: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2020
Good morning everyone.

Please who knows any Uni outside London that has Adult Nursing (MSc), May/June/August Start?

The ones I'm seeing only have September/ January starts.

Please help sad cry grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iloclinton: 10:12am On Nov 14, 2020
Thanks for the information, please can someone go ahead and apply for Visa without confirmation of accommodation, what do I feel in the section for accommodation, I want to use the school's accommodation but the portal for accommodation isn't open until 1st week of December for January intake.

justwise:
Part 4 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part 3 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/2575449/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Documents needed for tier 4 visa application

1. CAS

2. Documents listed in your CAS

3. TB test result

4. School fees + maintenance money

(a) £1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in inner London for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

(b) £1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying in outer London or anywhere else in the UK, for the majority of your study (more than 50% of your study time)

The money should be kept in your account for 28days weekends included (school fees + maintenance money) ending no more than
31 days before your application.

5. Add your birth certificate if using parents bank statement.

Only your father/mother or legal guidance can sponsor you

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/623341/T4_Migrant_Guidance_29_June_2017.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Greenville990: 10:26am On Nov 14, 2020
Chreze:

For myself: my first degree, CAS, bank statement, TB certificate, letter of explanation (clarifying something), and passport data page.

Wife: marriage certificate, bank statement, newspaper publication for change of name, passport data page and TB certificate.

Son: birth certificate, TB certificate (not done), bank statement , consent letter, passport data page.

My narrative is quite similar to yours. I have a wife and a son

My questions:
1. I have all the funds for all three of us in my account, will that be the same bank statement I will be submitting for her and my son ?

2. She currently holds a passport with her maiden name, however she's done newspaper publications for change of name. Will she required to do a different passport bearing my surname or a letter will suffice

3. Consent letter ? What's the content ? Was it notarized ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2020
iloclinton:
Thanks for the information, please can someone go ahead and apply for Visa without confirmation of accommodation, what do I feel in the section for accommodation, I want to use the school's accommodation but the portal for accommodation isn't open until 1st week of December for January intake.

Put in your school address.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2020
iloclinton:

Use your school international office address

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bossyplus: 11:18am On Nov 14, 2020
Please, what will be the exchange rate when I use PAGA for payment of IHS & Visa fees.? I just want to be sure of my calculations. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 11:30am On Nov 14, 2020
Greenville990:

My narrative is quite similar to yours. I have a wife and a son

My questions:
1. I have all the funds for all three of us in my account, will that be the same bank statement I will be submitting for her and my son ?

2. She currently holds a passport with her maiden name, however she's done newspaper publications for change of name. Will she required to do a different passport bearing my surname or a letter will suffice

3. Consent letter ? What's the content ? Was it notarized ?

1. Yes. I did same.

2. For this I am not too sure. But here’s what I wud do in your case, use her present passport, attach marriage certificate and news paper publication for change of name. Remember the newspaper publication states that all documents in her previous name are still valid. Then add a letter just to make further explanation to satisfy yourself( this is very important for peace of mind).

3. It was just an ordinary letter stating that the child is yours and that you and wife permits that he travels to the UK. Tho I find this funny as the child is traveling with the parents but I did upload one. The one I used is on my system. But I can share the sample I got on here to you.

Please for number 2, I will advice you wait for those who have far knowledge and experience on this journey to advice you too before making decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chreze(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2020
@Greenville990

Here is a sample of the consent letter I got here. Someone uploaded it months back. Tho I edited the one I uploaded to fit my own circumstances/Situation, the format and content is similar/same.

To: Home Office UK Visas & Immigration

Date

To Whom It May Concern

Name of Child: Consent Letter for Tier 4 Dependant Child Visa Application

We (mother’s name, date of birth, gender) and (father’s name, date of birth, gender), parents of (child’s name, date of birth, gender are giving our consent for our child to apply for her Tier 4 dependant child visa for United Kingdom. We confirm that we share legal custody for child’s name.

We are travelling together as a family and his/her application is linked to the main applicant, main applicant’s name.

Please kindly note that due to the COVID–19 pandemic and the need to quarantine for 14 days, we have booked a temporary accommodation which will be confirmed once we get our visa. The booking has been attached to this application. We shall subsequently be staying in privately rented accommodation which shall also be confirmed once we get our visa.

Please contact us if any additional information is required.

Yours faithfully
Father Mother
Signature
Name
Address
Telephone
Email

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.