Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094387 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gsk4reality: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Tolextonia:
Hello house,

Please just wanna ask If there are any Sheffield Hallam University hopefuls and current students here? Kindly identify please.

Thanks

We are here o. Just got an offer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
CAS is usually processed out from 3 months before resumption.
If you pay your deposit and get an unconditional offer less than 3 months to your school's resumption , you'll get your CAS processed immediately payment is confirmed. CAS takes about 2-3 days after that for most schools.

If you pay your deposit and get an unconditional offer more than 3 months before your course, the school will able to process your CAS when it's 3 months or less to your course start date. The CAS process usually takes about 2-3 days for most schools.

Okay thank you very much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gsk4reality: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
When is the earliest day to enter the UK for a course starting in lets say September or January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
1 month before your course start date.
This means that you'd need to apply for your visa as early as possible to give room for any delay that might arise during the visa application process.
That way, it's possible to have your visa issued 2 months before your course start date but the "valid from" date on your visa will be around 3-4 weeks to your course start date.

gsk4reality:
When is the earliest day to enter the UK for a course starting in lets say September or January?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by myvic70(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
gsk4reality:
Thanks to the guy who suggested that HND Holders should try and apply to Sheffield Hallam University for Msc program. I applied and got an offer yesterday. That guy whoever you are (I will still try and search for your name) you are indeed a life and money saver!. I already got a Bsc top up offer in a University before. But your testimony encouraged me to shoot higher and I am glad I got an offer. I hope we hook up dia. You deserve a treat!
Please did they request for your transcript? The lockdown is really slowing me down because my school is not on to issue issue transcript.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gsk4reality: 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
myvic70:

Please did they request for your transcript? The lockdown is really slowing me down because my school is not on to issue issue transcript.
Thanks

Yes they requested for my transcript.
I have a copy with me for these kind of applications.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gsk4reality: 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
gsk4reality:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I don’t need your clarity.
No, you can’t get cards for all domiciliary accounts in all banks. It’s usually only for dollar account.
No, It’s not advisable to carry above that amount to avoid stories that touch - even if you want to declare it.

It is left for him to decide, don’t mention me thanks

No one mentioned you, Mr Offer misleading news. You can get cards for your accounts. Please don't spread false news.

And there is no law against carrying above $10k, you only have to declare it. There are no stories that touch any heart abeg! I have carried over that threshold several times without issue.

Speak only about what you are sure of. Enough said!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Yen yen.
Name 5 banks where you can get card for GBP account?

I too know
I have carried over the threshold yen yen.
Please shift
Dwebb55:

No one mentioned you, Mr Offer misleading news. You can get cards for your accounts. Please don't spread false news.

And there is no law against carrying above $10k, you only have to declare it. There are no stories that touch any heart abeg! I have carried over that threshold several times without issue.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 1:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yen yen.
Name 5 banks where you can get card for GBP account?

I too know
I have carried over the threshold yen yen.
Please shift

I currently have a Euro domicilary account and Access bank card on said account!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2020
My own is kinda different
My school gave me unconditional offer straight. They only requested i pay deposit and supply additional academic reference as one of my referee didn't respond.

Will they request additional money after paying initial deposit before they issue me CAS? Although they did not mention that.

mimilyrics:
CAS is usually processed out from 3 months before resumption.
If you pay your deposit and get an unconditional offer less than 3 months to your school's resumption , you'll get your CAS processed immediately payment is confirmed. CAS takes about 2-3 days after that for most schools.

If you pay your deposit and get an unconditional offer more than 3 months before your course, the school will able to process your CAS when it's 3 months or less to your course start date. The CAS process usually takes about 2-3 days for most schools.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
That’s not what I asked you o.
I said how many banks give cards for GBP or Euro Dom account?

In my initial post I said “not all banks” give cards to such type of accounts, you came to show you self that you can you get cards like any bank can give you card like they do for dollars.
I asked you to list 5 banks, you’re listing only access.

Advising him to buy GBP at 540 rate is insane.
But that’s his decision to make. I only said my own. Aunty access, I have a Dom account with FidelityBank too, no too show yourself my dear.
Dwebb55:

I currently have a Euro domicilary account and Access bank card on said account!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2020
This you?
Nigerians & hypocrisy lipsrsealed
Dwebb55:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
I hope UK schools will factor in the 14days quarantine period that the UK government will introduce in few days time,I hope this won't affect international students.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
@justwise and other gurus here please help me clarify this.

My husband will be my dependant, and he is the one sponsoring me. Will they ask me questions about the money in my account or how i was able to make such money?

Also do i need to include my husband business document or bank statement apart from the total money in my account when submitting his application because i am confuse or just our marriage certificate, chats, pictures etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
So how is this different from what I have shared? The incident happened in 2016.

Since then, I always carry cash on my cards. I also have clients that have carried much more in cash more recently without hassles! Are we not in 2020?

Again, you can put your funds on a card for ease of mind and I always advice people to do that like I stated in the post(which you've ignored) but if you can't then declare it. And there is no law against you carrying more than $10k. You only run foul if you don't declare it which is what the DSS guy thought. It was resolved after my spouse stepped in and we showed the declaration
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 2:27pm On Jun 04, 2020
hosey:

I think it is true as I know a girl who comes to Manchester to work.

However, there are still considerable jobs like care work.
Okay thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mikeval001:
I hope UK schools will factor in the 14days quarantine period that the UK government will introduce in few days time,I hope this won't affect international students.

I believe schools are making provision for the quarantine period. Your best bet though is to apply early so that you can get your visa quickly and you can enter the UK ahead of your resumption.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
No. Once there are no conditions to your offer and you've paid the required deposit, you don't need to pay more money except you want to.
For the CAS to be issued, you'll be issued with a pre-CAS statement so you can verify and correct all information to be included on your CAS.

Hubbysluv:
My own is kinda different
My school gave me unconditional offer straight. They only requested i pay deposit and supply additional academic reference as one of my referee didn't respond.

Will they request additional money after paying initial deposit before they issue me CAS? Although they did not mention that.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2020
Mikeval001:

Yes some schools have plans.University of Lincoln sent me an email on their plans. They advised international students to come two weeks before resumption date. In other for them to be quarantine. During the two weeks they will provide food other amenties so you dont move around.

But the sad part is this plan is for those who will be staying in the school accommodation, they did not state any plans for students who will stay in private accusations.

You will have wait for your school plans. I am still waiting for my school to send their plans. So I can make up my mind on staying in school halls or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
OK cool
Thanks so much
mimilyrics:
No. Once there are no conditions to your offer and you've paid the required deposit, you don't need to pay more money except you want to.
For the CAS to be issued, you'll be issued with a pre-CAS statement so you can verify and correct all information to be included on your CAS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Yes some schools have plans.University of Lincoln sent me an email on their plans. They advised international students to come two weeks before resumption date. In other for them to be quarantine. During the two weeks they will provide food other amenties so you dont move around.

But the sad part is this plan is for those who will be staying in the school accommodation, they did not state any plans for students who will stay in private accusations.

You will have wait for your school plans. I am still waiting for my school to send their plans. So I can make up my mind on staying in school halls or not.

I guess you can book a hotel or Airbnb before going over. My understanding is you have to show an address where you can quarantine during your immigration checks.

A lot of things are still up in the air. The lady from Wontra travels said on radio today that embassies are closed because they have flown many of their staff back to their home countries. They might not be able to reopen until we open the airports here to international travel and it might be ending of June before this is done.

Applications should hopefully be allowed from June ending or early July but that leaves applicants with around 8 weeks before schools will open.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
Dwebb55:

I guess you can book a hotel or Airbnb before going over. My understanding is you have to show an address where you can quarantine during your immigration checks.

A lot of things are still up in the air. The lady from Wontra travels said on radio today that embassies are closed because they have flown many of their staff back to their home countries. They might not be able to reopen until we open the airports here to international travel and it might be ending of June before this is done.

Applications should hopefully be allowed from June ending or early July but that leaves applicants with around 8 weeks before schools will open.

Yes Hotel and Airbnb. It depends on when the country lifts the ban that's when embassies will be open.

Hopefully before June ends, embassies might be open since Both interstate and international airports will open on June 21st
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by myvic70(m): 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
Thanks.
gsk4reality:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
If you're asked, your husband gave you the money; his employment earnings (using his bank statement) can be submitted to prove this if need be.

For your husband's application, you'll need evidence of genuine relationship: submit your marriage certificate, chats (not necessarily needed except you've spent any period over the past 2 years living apart), evidence of cohabitation i.e utility bills, joint bank statements, tenancy agreement(s), pictures (wedding, holidays etc.), medical registration documents and anything you can use to support your application.

If there is anything you feel isn't clear in your application, address it in a cover letter.

Hubbysluv:
@justwise and other gurus here please help me clarify this.

My husband will be my dependant, and he is the one sponsoring me. Will they ask me questions about the money in my account or how i was able to make such money?

Also do i need to include my husband business document or bank statement apart from the total money in my account when submitting his application because i am confuse or just our marriage certificate, chats, pictures etc.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
God bless you
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you
mimilyrics:
If you're asked, your husband gave you the money; his employment earnings (using his bank statement) can be submitted to prove this if need be.

For your husband's application, you'll need evidence of genuine relationship: submit your marriage certificate, chats (not necessarily needed except you've spent any period over the past 2 years living apart), evidence of cohabitation i.e utility bills, joint bank statements, tenancy agreement(s), pictures (wedding, holidays etc.), medical registration documents and anything you can use to support your application.

If there is anything you feel isn't clear in your application, address it in a cover letter.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
We dey here ooo
pls send me a mail

toyclicks (at) gmail (dot) com
dayusin:
Any University of Salford sept intake ? Let’s link up and start arranging ourselves grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AWFCNAIJA: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Dwebb55:
So how is this different from what I have shared? The incident happened in 2016.

Since then, I always carry cash on my cards. I also have clients that have carried much more in cash more recently without hassles! Are we not in 2020?

Again, you can put your funds on a card for ease of mind and I always advice people to do that like I stated in the post(which you've ignored) but if you can't then declare it. And there is no law against you carrying more than $10k. You only run foul if you don't declare it which is what the DSS guy thought. It was resolved after my spouse stepped in and we showed the declaration

Leave that nitwit. He is no good.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
I got an offer from Salford but undecided about them yet
dayusin:
Any University of Salford sept intake ? Let’s link up and start arranging ourselves grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2020
Hi guys, is anyone studying or has studied at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David? I'm trying to get any first hand information about the school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
AWFCNAIJA:

Leave that nitwit. He is no good.

He has actually made some valuable contributions which I forgot to commend him for. I am not here to pick fights with anyone. He might just have advice that might benefit me in the future and all this one will prevent it from being shared.

Me, I want to bury the hatchet and move on. If there's one thing we've learnt in the past few days, it's that we need one another!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.