Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090877 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gracedom: 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
awumen:

Got offer from UWS 2 weeks ago,it took just 8 days to receive offer.
I also got a mail on Friday informing me their will delays due to the fact that they are working from home since last week.
You can get in touch with their country rep, he was of great help, he is on ground at the school presently,so he can help speed things. Reach him at austin.ogogo@uws.ac.uk

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gracedom: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Pegzzyg:
I would advice you apply to GCU or Edinburgh (as I observed that the both schools you applied to are in Scotland) because West Scotland delayed my Application for 2 months & 3weeks, later asked that I send a copy of a refusal (letter) I disclosed & finally gave a rejection 1 month & 1 week later, was happy I started applying early enough & already had 2 Admissions offer by then, I can't speak for the latter you made inquires on though. All the best....

Wow! Thank you so much for this info, just that only few schools offer the course I intend doing esp in January/February batch (Digital Marketing)

UWS requested for my refusal letter as well, up to week plus now and the refusal was even US and Italy visiting visa not even UK.

#confused state of mind right now!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by macbernard: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Congrats
spotgetj:
What a marvelous God we serve. Pls join me celebrate as I just collected my VISA this morning from DHL.
Online submission = 11th Nov
Biometric = 13th Nov
Decision mail = 18th Nov

Much thanks to everyone on this platform for the indepth contributions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thanksss: 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2020
Tomitomeroo:
Hello please do I need to have an account with any of the banks thank you
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by belovedtianah: 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
spotgetj:
What a marvelous God we serve. Pls join me celebrate as I just collected my VISA this morning from DHL.
Online submission = 11th Nov
Biometric = 13th Nov
Decision mail = 18th Nov

Much thanks to everyone on this platform for the indepth contributions.

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by macbernard: 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
IOM is for medicals, not biometrics. If you're in lagos, you can visit the place... at least they owe you an explanation for not responding to your mails, but if your school has a country rep, explain the situation to him/her, he/she might be of help
valwizzy:
Please who can refer me to anyone working at this place or do you know anyone who knows people there �

Migration Health Assessment Centre
International Organization for Migration
(IOM)
1 Isaac John Street (At the Corner of Isaac
John Street and Oduduwa Way), GRA
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

[b]I am suppose to go there for biometrics [/b]and all efforts to book appointment has been abortive. Calls were not picked and emails were not responded to.

Is it advisable to walk in?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kingp91:
I need help please, I am preparing for my visa application and I have a gap , I would like to explain this using a cover letter but I have been unable to find samples or any information on how to do so especially something specific to my situation. Please your help will be highly appreciated.

Ps:i have been on it for three days

Cc @mimilyrics @lagosismyhome @justwise

Where in the visa application did they tell you to explain gaps..... no go dey do pass the rules. Lol .

If you can show me then let discuss. If it's not there dont add it

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
Kingkay489:
Hello, good afternoon, I’m trying to apply for student visa to the Uk, but I’ll have to explain overstaying a visit visa by couple of weeks, my legal stay ought to be 6months due August 22, but couldn’t leave because of coronavirus and Nigeria AirPort being closed, the Nigeria airport was opened on the 5th, and I left as soon as I can September 12, I want to believe I has a valid reason for staying beyond the allocated time, and I left immediately as soon as I can. How can I explain this on my application, I have my plane tickets document also I’ve been buying since July and It being canceled to show I tried my best to leave.

How do I explain this on my visa application
@justwise
@Aprokodaughter
@LagosismyHome

How do I explain this on my student visa application
Thanks

There nothing like overstaying this pandemic ..... you should be absolutely fine . If you want to include the explanation that fine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 12:07am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello, how long did it take to receive telex copy after Ecobank debited you?

I was debited on Friday and still waiting for it.
Thanksss:

Eco and union bank still d best I know,I used eco and was debited the third day,a friend use union and was debited a day after
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iCode2: 12:24am On Nov 24, 2020
Theta1:

Thank you for your reply, I am grateful.
Please how can I go about change of passport detail pls, though I have been using it to travel since, I noticed when another one is issue to me
You can apply. Either at any passport offife or online. Online is cheaper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kennykolabo: 2:03am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello please is anyone is or familiar with University of Huddersfield or Teesside university. I want to know which one to accept and if I accept any of the offers this week and ou part tuition is it still possible for me to apply for UK visa before the year runs out (putting the medicals and TB test plus visa application time into consideration) as I intend to resume for January session.

I would appreciate a prompt response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 5:10am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello guys,
Pls I like to know if the current amount of £1265 applies for those already counting 28 days which will end mid Dec or the new £1334 starting on 1 Dec 2020. Plan to submit visa Application mid December, so I am curious to know if the VO will use both figures, latter or former in evaluating financials for Tier 4. Thanks

@mimilyrics, @lagosismyhome, @cyberknight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pegzzyg(f): 5:59am On Nov 24, 2020
Mine was US too though, you really need to check other schools still accepting January intake just to be on a safe side & have options to choose from like I did
Gracedom:

Wow! Thank you so much for this info, just that only few schools offer the course I intend doing esp in January/February batch (Digital Marketing)

UWS requested for my refusal letter as well, up to week plus now and the refusal was even US and Italy visiting visa not even UK.

#confused state of mind right now!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ateka7777: 6:03am On Nov 24, 2020
SandraDee:
I used GTBank but I had to transfer the funds to my Paga wallet like you would do to any other bank account. Just choose Paga as the beneficiary bank and use your Paga account number as the beneficiary's account number. Your registered account name with Paga should pop up.

OK. Thank you for the information
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lukzy500: 6:12am On Nov 24, 2020
quille11:
Hello guys,
Pls I like to know if the current amount of £1265 applies for those already counting 28 days which will end mid Dec or the new £1334 starting on 1 Dec 2020. Plan to submit visa Application mid December, so I am curious to know if the VO will use both figures, latter or former in evaluating financials for Tier 4. Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lukzy500: 6:12am On Nov 24, 2020
kennykolabo:
Hello please is anyone is or familiar with University of Huddersfield or Teesside university. I want to know which one to accept and if I accept any of the offers this week and ou part tuition is it still possible for me to apply for UK visa before the year runs out (putting the medicals and TB test plus visa application time into consideration) as I intend to resume for January session.

I would appreciate a prompt response.

Teeside is in middlesborough and after manchester ,its cold and job opportunities are limited though life ,school fees is low. Hertfordshire on the other hand is not too far from london u can get job in london and live in herts and also u will be closer to civilisation. MY OPINION THOUGH

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by valwizzy(m): 6:30am On Nov 24, 2020
macbernard:
IOM is for medicals, not biometrics. If you're in lagos, you can visit the place... at least they owe you an explanation for not responding to your mails, but if your school has a country rep, explain the situation to him/her, he/she might be of help
Thanks I am not in Lagos yet, I might just have to come

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thanksss: 6:44am On Nov 24, 2020
PtBlank:
Hello, how long did it take to receive telex copy after Ecobank debited you?

I was debited on Friday and still waiting for it.
3days after I got debited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by harmony940(m): 6:46am On Nov 24, 2020
Y
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by harmony940(m): 6:53am On Nov 24, 2020
Please gurus I got an admissions at herefordshire for Jenuary, but deferred the admission to September 2021,I just got an offer and was told to make payment of 5000 pounds on September 11 2020,I am a bit confused as that date is no more vissible......Please attached is the screenshot...

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2020
harmony940:
Please gurus I got an admissions at herefordshire for Jenuary, but deferred the admission to September 2021,I just got an offer and was told to make payment of 5000 pounds on September 11 2020,I am a bit confused as that date is no more vissible......Please attached is the screenshot...

A bit odd to be asking for deposit one year in advance and a whole £5000.... I certainly wont pay or agree to that . If you are going to school Sept 2021 dont rush, make sure you pay deposit when you are very sure of the school

That been said, this your initial question should be addressed to the school

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mumsytwinny: 7:15am On Nov 24, 2020
Good morning beautiful people.

Is it possible to accept another University after accepting one, if the second school delayed in response but finally give you a mouth watering scholarship?

Do I have to communicate loss of interest to the previous school?
Thanks everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by harmony940(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

A bit odd to be asking for deposit one year in advance and a whole £5000.... I certainly wont pay or agree to that . If you are going to school Sept 2021 dont rush, make sure you pay deposit when you are very sure of the school

That been said, this your initial question should be addressed to the school

Thanks a bunch madam!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kennykolabo: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2020
lukzy500:

Teeside is in middlesborough and after manchester ,its cold and job opportunities are limited though life ,school fees is low. Hertfordshire on the other hand is not too far from london u can get job in london and live in herts and also u will be closer to civilisation. MY OPINION THOUGH
Thanks for this, but my question was for university of Huddersfield not Hertfordshire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Good morning folks!
Can you apply for student visa in the UK and get approved, if you have had a criminal court case(white colar yahoo) previously and convicted with option of fine . ? What are the remedies, Implications and solutions . ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by boommer: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2020
Hello, please I have this offer to apply to middlesex university in london. But I want to ask, is it advisable to apply with just olevel waec result?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mohyo: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2020
Thank you queenbekoveth,

Please what is the cost and how do I make payment. All i see on website is in dollars. Thanks for you response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:04am On Nov 24, 2020
Mumsytwinny:
Good morning beautiful people.

Is it possible to accept another University after accepting one, if the second school delayed in response but finally give you a mouth watering scholarship?

Do I have to communicate loss of interest to the previous school?
Thanks everyone.

Have you paid any deposit or gotten your CAS.... If no then that easy. Just tell them you change your mind .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kingp91: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2020
Yes exactly! My waec is quite a while back so yes. That period between my waec and me getting admission.
That is the gap I am talking about and want to explain what I have been doing
mimilyrics:
I don't see that as an issue as long as your school accepted it. Your resumption on campus has no impact on your WAEC.

When did you write your WAEC? Are you talking about what you've been up to since you wrote your WAEC? That's me assuming that you wrote it a long time ago.

I'm trying to see what gap you're worried about. Kindly break it down so that we understand what you mean and advice appropriately.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2020
quille11:
Hello guys,

While I have gone to read the changes, usually changes would kick in based on application date.

Meaning if the new change is effective Dec 1 then anybody submitting from that date has to go by the new rules
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kingp91: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2020
Lol they didn'tsay but I read on the government site the criterias the ECO are supposed to use in judging a students genuineness, it was clearly stated that if there is a gap the student should be asked about it. The other regular questions they ask like about the course, school and country are also there. I mightnot be able to find the link but it is there
LagosismyHome:

Where in the visa application did they tell you to explain gaps..... no go dey do pass the rules. Lol .

If you can show me then let discuss. If it's not there dont add it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iloclinton: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2020
Good morning guys, please anyone gotten a decision mail that did biometrics on the 19th, priority

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.