Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,208 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102430 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2020
Phatkings:
Aston University just sent me email that they will resume as scheduled but first semester will be done online

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Aston University in September.

All our new students will start their studies as planned on 21 September 2020, through a blended learning approach that combines both online and on-campus teaching.

We want to assure you that our top priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our students and staff and we are working hard to ensure your learning experience is of our usual high quality.

JOIN US AT THE START OF TERM
We want you to feel part of the Aston community through opportunities to spend time on campus and online with some of your fellow students and the academic staff who will be teaching you.

What does this mean?

Lectures will be delivered online for the first term until at least January 2021. These are interactive sessions where there will be opportunities for you to ask questions and engage with lecturers and other students.
As part of Aston’s commitment to a blended learning approach, you will also be invited to attend a number of on-campus small group learning sessions and activities as part of your course.
Academic staff are keen to support you with your learning, through regular office hours where you can ask specific questions, or via a Personal Tutor allocated to all students
You will also have access to a mix of online and on-campus student support and Library Services. We will provide more details about these in a future email, as we take account of the latest health advice.
Our intention is to gradually introduce more on-campus teaching and support as social distancing rules are relaxed/removed and it is safe to do so.

FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT ABLE TO JOIN US AT THE START OF TERM
If you are not able to travel to Birmingham, or even to the UK, or need to stay at home for health reasons; we will provide online study options to help you continue with your course of study until you are able to join us.

You will have access to learning materials and be able to fully engage with tutors and other academic staff on an individual basis. You will also have access to our library, Learning Development Centre (which offers study skills support), as well as student and academic support facilities. As soon as you are able to join us we will work with you to arrange this.

HEAR HOW OUR CURRENT STUDENTS HAVE ADAPTED TO ONLINE LEARNING
The blended learning approach to teaching isn’t new to us at Aston, which means we’ve been able to quickly roll out a comprehensive online teaching and learning package to keep our current students on track and to make sure we’re ready for our new students to join us in September.

This is why I was telling everyone here not to commit anything and wait till the end of July before making informed decision.
But some people are so impatient that when we tell them the truth they will say you do not want them to come to the UK and that we are jealous of their prospect. Typical Nigeria mentality who hate to face the truth and will eventually be outsmarted and scammed.

The school do not even know about CAS issuance? Every school are depending on UKVI. Wait till the CAS review before you make your decision.
The current guideline says student studying online and by distance learning cant be issued Tier 4 visa. What if another wave of coronavirus epidemic come by February? What is your motive of studying? Do you need Tier 4 visa to be eligible for Post study visa? Do you really love online class that you are willing to spend millions for what can just be obtained for £50 in cousera, udemy e.t.c?Also, no guideline about post study visa yet.

Everyone have different motive of wanting to study overseas and you all deserve to know what is expected and then make your decision. UKVI office in Nigeria is still closed and no current info about it opening. I do not know where you guys are just rushing for. I do not want any lamentation and regret here after this is over.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
hosey:

This is why I was telling everyone here not to commit anything and wait till the end of July before making informed decision.
But some people are so impatient that when we tell them the truth they will say you do not want them to come to the UK and that we are jealous of their prospect. Typical Nigeria mentality who hate to face the truth and will eventually be outsmarted and scammed.

The school do not even know about CAS issuance? Every school are depending on UKVI. Wait till the CAS review before you make your decision.
The current guideline says student studying online and by distance learning cant be issued Tier 4 visa. What if another wave of coronavirus epidemic come by February? What is your motive of studying? Do you need Tier 4 visa to be eligible for Post study visa? Do you really love online class that you are willing to spend millions for what can just be obtained for £50 in cousera, udemy e.t.c?

Also, no guideline about post study visa yet. Everyone have different motive of wanting to study overseas and you all deserve to know what is expected and then make your decision. UKVI office in Nigeria is still closed and no current info about it opening. I do not know where you guys are just rushing for. I do not want any lamentation here after this is over.

I was telling my dad he was debating with me that the online will be done in uk not Nigeria
I sha told him whatever the case maybe I no dey pain kobo before they tell me online in Nigeria
Secondly I already have an alternate university of Bradford they have January start date just that I love aston so many good testimony
But at all at all na winsh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Phatkings:

I was telling my dad he was debating with me that the online will be done in uk not Nigeria
I sha told him whatever the case maybe I no dey pain kobo before they tell me online in Nigeria
Secondly I already have an alternate university of Bradford they have January start date just that I love aston so many good testimony

Good that you have alternative so you will be in control. It is your money and so be in control and tell them what you want as you are paying for your services and it has to be to your satisfaction. Do not follow what they want that does not meet your objective as they are trying hard to recruit. No pity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by aivewobhor: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2020
Please those anyone has an ideal of the tuition of Msc adult nursing at university of Chester. I have been to the school website but it’s not quoted. It’s like they only write it on offer letters for those offered admission letters for the course. Please if anyone has an offer on that course kindly tell me the tuition for the first year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
Phatkings:

UK knows they make more money for you to come here and do it online. It will make you attend and pay tuition and also pay for housing , feeding and all which will go into helping their economy . They will lose more student doing it online from their home country.

However I support waiting to hear from UKVI , it is the more sensible thing to do ....wait wait wait . A lot of things are very unsure at the moment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2020
hosey:

The current guideline says student studying online and by distance learning cant be issued Tier 4 visa. What if another wave of coronavirus epidemic come by February? What is your motive of studying? Do you need Tier 4 visa to be eligible for Post study visa? Do you really love online class that you are willing to spend millions for what can just be obtained for £50 in cousera, udemy e.t.c?Also, no guideline about post study visa yet.

Everyone have different motive of wanting to study overseas and you all deserve to know what is expected and then make your decision. UKVI office in Nigeria is still closed and no current info about it opening. I do not know where you guys are just rushing for. I do not want any lamentation and regret here after this is over.

Who told you no current info about when the visa application Centres in Nigeria will be opened ?

Alaye, I’ve told you before , you’re not paying for anybody here, let anybody pay deposit if they wish to and stop discouraging people. If you wish to wait till 2050, that’s your problem.

All Unis are not the same.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by nicerichard05: 10:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
Lianalexa:
No way it will be in Nigeria. We have to register at the university remember and documents need to be seen and verified physically. Visa will be issued this year. The online learning is from your hostel, not country

Bro, how sure are u with this cos I am almost tempted to differ
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
mattfeuter:

Who told you no current info about when the visa application Centres in Nigeria will be opened ?

Alaye, I’ve told you before , you’re not paying for anybody here, let anybody pay deposit if they wish to and stop discouraging people. If you wish to wait till 2050, that’s your problem.

This comment didn't make any sense at all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
duchess90:
Your best start will be a random or specific google search on the field, then course start date. You may then wish to select your top 3 university based on other factors and then request opinions from the thread
But try and filter through search engines first

Thanks I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
mattfeuter:

This guy, u are always saying unreasonable things in this forum and stop being childish.
I dont have time to argue with you and stop making any discussion here personal. We are all here to pass messages and you always talk without proof and logic.

See the current deadline on visa application centre and Nigeria info is unknown.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2020
aivewobhor:
Please those anyone has an ideal of the tuition of Msc adult nursing at university of Chester. I have been to the school website but it’s not quoted. It’s like they only write it on offer letters for those offered admission letters for the course. Please if anyone has an offer on that course kindly tell me the tuition for the first year.

£13,450 per year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2020
I’m not trying to discourage you or anything, but you can NEVER compare Bradford to Aston. There’re levels to these things. If you really like Aston, I will advise you defer till next year or look for universities within the same league offering January intake.

I mean likes of Queen Mary University, Durham University, Newcastle University, Loughborough University etc
Phatkings:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
hosey:

This guy, u are always saying unreasonable things in this forum and stop being childish.
I dont have time to argue with you and stop making any discussion here personal. We are all here to pass messages and you always talk without proof and logic.

See the current deadline on visa application centre and Nigeria info is unknown.

Move on jare. You are on point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2020
hosey:

No, what’s unreasonable is trying to force your opinion on people. Why don’t you stick to your proposed timeline and stop giving crazy advice on here ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

This comment didn't make any sense at all.

I wasn’t talking to you, this party is strictly by invitation. angry

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 11:43pm On Jun 10, 2020
Skymoore1004:
I’m not trying to discourage you or anything, but you can NEVER compare Bradford to Aston. There’re levels to these things. If you really like Aston, I will advise you defer till next year or look for universities within the same league offering January intake.

I mean likes of Queen Mary University, Durham University, Newcastle University, Loughborough University etc
Few weeks ago you say it dosent matter accreditation abi ranking now you re suggesting high ranking schools
Bros pick a struggle tho
Sha point noted tho
But I can't wait for next year September e too far biko

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 11:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Phatkings:

Few weeks ago you say it dosent matter accreditation abi ranking now you re suggesting high ranking schools
Bros pick a struggle tho
Sha point noted tho

Most of them na September dem dey start
Another long wait
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
You don’t have to discredit my suggestion to make a point uno? Yes I said ranking didn’t matter for people looking at funds etc, but after seeing your keenness about Aston, I thought I should suggest you remain on that level.

Never mind the suggestion, all the best
Phatkings:

Bros pick a struggle tho
Sha point noted tho

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 12:04am On Jun 11, 2020
justwise:

He deactivated his account

While I was going through this thread, I also saw someone’s comment about why a particular person was banned recently just because he/she asked for prospective students to indicate themselves and current students to create a WhatsApp group (so that students aspiring to go to SHU can learn), all of a sudden the person was banned from the group. I believe that shouldn’t lead to a ban but the admin should have just stated it’s not allowed (like warning that it’s not allowed).

However, @Skymoore has been insulting people several times (including people that advises him to stop that bad habit) but admin didn’t give him a strike.

Well in my personal opinion, the admin(s) are biased.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 12:05am On Jun 11, 2020
Skymoore1004:

Brunel University nko I hve dodging London for sometime but they have January start date and one of the best in my Clyde's) course in uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:08am On Jun 11, 2020
Stop mentioning me & go to bed, it’s late
Graceisallineed:

While I was going through this thread, I also saw someone’s comment about why a particular person was banned recently just because he/she asked for prospective students to indicate themselves and current students to create a WhatsApp group (so that students aspiring to go to SHU can learn), all of a sudden the person was banned from the group. I believe that shouldn’t lead to a ban but the admin should have just stated it’s not allowed (like warning that it’s not allowed).

However, @Skymoore has been insulting people several times (including people that advises him to stop that bad habit) but admin didn’t give him a strike.

Well in my personal opinion, the admin(s) are biased.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 11, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Move on jare. You are on point.
Ok my lady.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 11, 2020
So UK will now just lose money this year. Do you know that most schools only have one year intake for the courses.

No how UK will look for a way for students to come into the country and People can make the first deposit and the school will refund.

Like I always say read your offer terms and conditions. Secondly read up your school emails. Finally, read or listen to UK news.

Its not that difficult don't wait for someone to tell what to do.

By June 21st the country will start to open up including air space.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 12:24am On Jun 11, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Stop mentioning me & go to bed, it’s late

I have every right to mention your name rude guy. Learn to talk in a polite manner. If you want to advise anyone, do it politely.

Guess you’re close to the admin that’s why they haven’t given you a strike. And that’s what is giving you more power to talk to people anyhow.

Point of correction: it’s only people that like you that will tell you about what you’re doing wrong.

Go to bed Mr know it all & Mr rude

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:34am On Jun 11, 2020
lol k
Graceisallineed:

I have every right to mention your name rude guy. Learn to talk in a polite manner. If you want to advise anyone, do it politely.

Guess you’re close to the admin that’s why they haven’t given you a strike. And that’s what is giving you more power to talk to people anyhow.

Point of correction: it’s only people that like you that will tell you about what you’re doing wrong.

Go to bed Mr know it all & Mr rude
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 12:36am On Jun 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
So UK will now just lose money this year. Do you know that most schools only have one year intake for the courses.

No how UK will look for a way for students to come into the country and People can make the first deposit and the school will refund.

Like I always say read your offer terms and conditions. Secondly read up your school emails. Finally, read or listen to UK news.

Its not that difficult don't wait for someone to tell what to do.

By June 21st the country will start to open up including air space.

My guy abi babe I can't commit I have seen another school self Brunel University is as good as aston but e dey London I Don dey dodge this London since
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 11, 2020
Phatkings:

My guy abi babe I can't commit I have seen another school self Brunel University is as good as aston but e dey London I Don dey dodge this London since

What if the virus is still here till next year September or in two years time what will you do? Or UK will lose money for another two to three years?

Lots of things will take place before September hopefully a vaccine will be out.
We just have to hopeful no need to be discouraged.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 12:59am On Jun 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

What if the virus is still here till next year September or in two years time what will you do? Or UK will lose money for another two to three years?

Lots of things will take place before September hopefully a vaccine will be out.
We just have to hopeful no need to be discouraged.

Aaah e no go reach abeg oooo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 11, 2020
Phatkings:

Aaah e no go reach abeg oooo

Lol its corona
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Phatkings:

Most of them na September dem dey start
Another long wait
Wait and let's see the outcome of the whole thing as it might be positive. Do not give up on your dream university. You will know more by July dont yet change your choice. I hope you also win either the £8000 (Vice chancellor scholarship) or £5000 ( Global scholarship).

If Aston university will sponsor Tier 4 visa for September admission and thereafter put only online theory lectures in first semester and all practical aspects in 2nd semester where there will be face to face teaching and visitation to renowned industries and exposure, then give it a go and attend the university. Then you can thereby graduate and go for post study visa as I hope you will be eligible. Just let us wait and see. Patience, Patience and dont panic. July is just next month.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 2:10am On Jun 11, 2020
hosey:

Wait and let's see the outcome of the whole thing as it might be positive. Do not give up on your dream university. You will know more by July dont yet change your choice. I hope you also win either the £8000 (Vice chancellor scholarship) or £5000 ( Global scholarship).

If Aston university will sponsor Tier 4 visa for September admission and thereafter put only online theory lectures in first semester and all practical aspects in 2nd semester where there will be face to face teaching and visitation to renowned industries and exposure, then give it a go and attend the university. Then you can thereby graduate and go for post study visa as I hope you will be eligible. Just let us wait and see. Patience, Patience and dont panic. July is just next month.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.