Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091450 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
mimilyrics:
They are often used interchangeably though there are slight differences.

Some schools will only ask for the recommender/referee details and will contact them directly (mostly via email) to request for the recommendation letter.

Some schools would have you fill in your referee / recommender's details and get the letters from your referees by yourself and upload. Seems your schools is adopting this option.

If you can explain your predicament (the fact that you can't request for your transcript online) to the school, pls do; they might or might not agree to wait till after the lockdown is fully lifted.

Done that already here is what she sent....I got a positive reply

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
That's good news then. Let's just hope that the lockdown is lifted and schools resume soon so you can go get it ASAP.

horlahsunbo225:

Done that already here is what she sent....I got a positive reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by horlahsunbo225(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
mimilyrics:
That's good news then. Let's just hope that the lockdown is lifted and schools resume soon so you can go get it ASAP.

Amen my sister..... Thanks for your kind replies...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 5:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hello house. Please I got this mail from the school I applied to.

We are very pleased that you have chosen to accept your offer to study with us here at UWE Bristol!

To secure your place and receive your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter, which allows you to apply for your visa, you will need to pay a minimum tuition fee deposit of £3,000.

We accept a number of different payment methods including:
Flywire (our preferred method of payment)
credit or debit card payments
cheque or bankers draft
online payment
bank transfer
UWE bank account details:

UWE Bank Account: 60030127

UWE Bank Account Sort Code: 60-02-38

BIC Code (Swift): NWBKGB2L

IBAN No: GB31NWBK60023860030127

Natwest Bank address:

72 Gloucester Road

Bishopston

Bristol, BS7 8BF

In all payments it is important that the reference number is your student ID and family name ie 123456789 Smith. Failure to transfer funds with the appropriate information may result in a delay to your student account being credited.

Find out more about paying your tuition fees here.

Please contact me if you need any further assistance, I would be happy to support you!

Warm regards,

The thing is I went to First Bank to make an enquiry, even showed them this mail and they were like the school didn't provide any platform they could use to make payment to like Remita, Western Union or Money gram which got me even more confused because the account number is clearly there. So I would like to know how you guys pay your deposit. And if any of you have done it, what's the method or process to go about it?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Pls try another bank. The school's bank account details should suffice. I know that GT doesn't request for other details aside from the your passport, school's bank details, your admission letter, letter from the school stating your deposit amount/details and your last degree certificate.

DonTwice:
Hello house. Please I got this mail from the school I applied to.

We are very pleased that you have chosen to accept your offer to study with us here at UWE Bristol!

To secure your place and receive your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter, which allows you to apply for your visa, you will need to pay a minimum tuition fee deposit of £3,000.

We accept a number of different payment methods including:
Flywire (our preferred method of payment)
credit or debit card payments
cheque or bankers draft
online payment
bank transfer
UWE bank account details:

UWE Bank Account: 60030127

UWE Bank Account Sort Code: 60-02-38

BIC Code (Swift): NWBKGB2L

IBAN No: GB31NWBK60023860030127

Natwest Bank address:

72 Gloucester Road

Bishopston

Bristol, BS7 8BF

In all payments it is important that the reference number is your student ID and family name ie 123456789 Smith. Failure to transfer funds with the appropriate information may result in a delay to your student account being credited.

Find out more about paying your tuition fees here.

Please contact me if you need any further assistance, I would be happy to support you!

Warm regards,

The thing is I went to First Bank to make an enquiry, even showed them this mail and they were like the school didn't provide any platform they could use to make payment to like Remita, Western Union or Money gram which got me even more confused because the account number is clearly there. So I would like to know how you guys pay your deposit. And if any of you have done it, what's the method or process to go about it?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Exactly what I was thinking because I have all those you just mentioned at hand so when they were telling me Western Union, Remita this and that I was like ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
DonTwice:
Exactly what I was thinking because I have all those you just mentioned at hand so when they were telling me Western Union, Remita this and that I was like ?

Try speaking with the middle office staffs in charge of funds transfer. Maybe its tellers at the counter you met.

Some of bank staffs don't have all the required information to give to customer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
are pleased to let you know that the UKVI has started opening up visa centres in phases. The second phase of VACs will be opened from 22 June. Therefore, to ensure you always have the most up to date information on which VACs are open, please check the relevant commercial partner website:

Europe, Africa and parts of the Middle East visit: uk.tlscontact.com
All other countries visit: vfsglobal.co.uk

Please note, UKVI will not initially be offering priority or super priority services.

In the meantime, while you wait for your visa centre to be opened, please begin preparing yourself along this line based on what is relevant to you as follows:

TUITION DEPOSITS - If you will be self-funded (paying from personal finance), please find attached guidance on various payment options for your tuition fee deposit of £2,000.

SPONSORED / SCHOLARSHIP - For those who will be on sponsorship / scholarship, please make arrangements to send us your sponsorship letters as soon as you have your results.

HAVE ALREADY PAID DEPOSIT – If you have already paid your tuition deposit of £2,000, please make arrangements to:

1. Take your TB test - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-the-gambia/tuberculosis-testing-in-the-gambia

AND

2. Get your bank statements ready containing the total amount of your tuition fees plus £9,135 for accommodation and living expenses. The funds should have stayed on the account for 28 days. Use OANDA - https://www.oanda.com/uk-en/ - as the platform to convert currencies as this is what UKVI use for currency conversions.

As ever, please feel free to consult with us if you have any questions.

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Cigbojugha:

Try speaking with the middle office staffs in charge of funds transfer. Maybe its tellers at the counter you met.

Some of bank staffs don't have all the required information to give to customer.

You do have a point there because I was directed to the people at the counter by the security man.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Phatkings:
are pleased to let you know that the UKVI has started opening up visa centres in phases. The second phase of VACs will be opened from 22 June. Therefore, to ensure you always have the most up to date information on which VACs are open, please check the relevant commercial partner website:

Please note, UKVI will not initially be offering priority or super priority services.

In the meantime, while you wait for your visa centre to be opened, please begin preparing yourself along this line based on what is relevant to you as follows:

TUITION DEPOSITS - If you will be self-funded (paying from personal finance), please find attached guidance on various payment options for your tuition fee deposit of £2,000.

SPONSORED / SCHOLARSHIP - For those who will be on sponsorship / scholarship, please make arrangements to send us your sponsorship letters as soon as you have your results.

HAVE ALREADY PAID DEPOSIT – If you have already paid your tuition deposit of £2,000, please make arrangements to:

1. Take your TB test - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-the-gambia/tuberculosis-testing-in-the-gambia

AND

2. Get your bank statements ready containing the total amount of your tuition fees plus £9,135 for accommodation and living expenses. The funds should have stayed on the account for 28 days. Use OANDA - https://www.oanda.com/uk-en/ - as the platform to convert currencies as this is what UKVI use for currency conversions.

Thank you, see why one has to remain positive in whatever they plan to do.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excelchips(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
Collolid:
Good morning nairalanders I just got an admission in edinburg Napier university at the moment with the current lockdown I don't know where to start I don't know what to do next please I need your help on what to do sites to visit. What and what should I get a place before the school resumes. Where exactly do I start from

I'm for Edinburgh Napier Uni as well. I had to seek further information from them to tell me to make deposit. Though, I have to put it on hold due to this Covid-19 thing looking at how things will turn to be. Let's connect, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2020
Phatkings:

AND

I don't understand this. Is the UKVAC in Nigeria prepared to open on the 22nd of June, 2020?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Is the UKVAC in Nigeria Opening on the 22nd of June, 2020?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

I don't understand this. Is the UKVAC in Nigeria prepared to open on the 22nd of June, 2020?
No it isn't for other countries that re opening
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Here University of Bradford sent it

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hello house

Pls what’s the maintenance fee for dependent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Is the UKVAC in Nigeria Opening on the 22nd of June, 2020?

UKVAC will open in Nigeria when the country eases the nation's lockdown.

We have to wait till June 21st when Buhari or Covid19 Presidential Task Force (PTF) addresses the nation on air space, interstate etc.

You know the lockdown is in stages.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sthill5: 8:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
laspo82:
You need to be abit details, your tuition fees, is your school in London or outside London, are you going alone or which family?

Sorry for late reply

Its university of teeside 2 years msc cyber security

£7500 for each year
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
It's seems we are getting there gradually.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
excelchips:

I'm for Edinburgh Napier Uni as well. I had to seek further information from them to tell me to make deposit. Though, I have to put it on hold due to this Covid-19 thing looking at how things will turn to be. Let's connect, bro.
what course y’all?? Also Napier too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sthill5: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
For studying outside London, is it 1015 pounds x 9 for each dependant as well?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spotgetj: 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
DonTwice:

Try use other bank with those documents. UWE is my school and I have paid my deposit since April

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Sthill5:
For studying outside London, is it 1015 pounds x 9 for each dependant as well?

No that the amount for main applicant

If you will study somewhere other than London, each dependant must show £680 times 9 so total £6120

Outside london
Main applicant: £9135
Each dependant: £6120

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sthill5: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
LagosismyHome:

No that the amount for main applicant

If you will study somewhere other than London, each dependant must show £680 times 9 so total £6120

Outside london
Main applicant: £9135
Each dependants £6120

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Abusto:

Thanks for helping a brother, I'm truly grateful for your responses.

The scholarship does not cover family members and we don't readily have the maintenance amount needed for them to get the visa.
I guess I'll have to travel, settle down, get a job and start saving while my wife manages our businesses here in Nigeria till we are able to save up the money from both sides, hopefully within 6 months. Hope this is advisable and also feasible. (Our business is doing well here in Nigeria but can I get a job to save up a good amount of money within that period without ditching classes?)

Again, if the sum of my savings in UK and that of my wife here in Nigeria is up to the required amount will the application ride on it and pull through? Or do we have to merge the money together in one account before it can be accepted?

Okay. Does the course come with internship? Is it a 2 year program or 1 year? You need to evaluate if it is a 1 year program, why spend all that money, especiallywhen 6 months are gone and only 10 months remain? I am not sure if you can move your family over during the post study period...., need to ask oga justwise for more information on this...
On job prospects, I don't know much about Coventry, you could try asking on the living in uk thread to get more information from others.

Again I can't guarantee that you would be able to save up the required funds in 6 months. But if yes, you can begin the process once you've the required funds. A dependent visa can be applied anytime, as long it meets the requirements.

Yes, I actually think you going ahead would be better. It would save cost and help you understand the environment, do research for schools and job. You could get them a 6 months visit visa (if they don't have any yet) if you really want them to come visit... but in view of the long term plan, you might just wait until everyone can come over later. Take your time and evaluate all the options. We can talk more offline, not to derail the thread.

Wish you the best in your plans.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mayorxyneyo: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hello people conversant with institutions in the UK! Help me decide which is the better option to act upon when the time comes. Got two September/October offers for Master's in similar fields...one at Cranfield University (Applied Bioinformatics) & the other at University of Aberdeen (Biobusiness, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics)

Tuition almost the same for the two, about €20000...thanks as you help a brother in making the right choice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phatkings: 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
mayorxyneyo:
Hello people conversant with institutions in the UK! Help me decide which is the better option to act upon when the time comes. Got two September/October offers for Master's in similar fields...one at Cranfield University (Applied Bioinformatics) & the other at University of Aberdeen (Biobusiness, Biotechnology & Bioinformatics)

Tuition almost the same for the two, about €20000...thanks as you help a brother in making the right choice.
Both schools are good honestly speaking it now boils down to which location is suitable for you and which town has jobs more in case you want to work and affordability
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 12:52am On Jun 12, 2020
What do you want to know about Cranfield?can you list them so I can give detailed answers.

mayorxyneyo:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Movinghigher: 5:58am On Jun 12, 2020
Hello Lagosismyhome, do you know any company that give loan for postgraduate studies
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:01am On Jun 12, 2020
Movinghigher:
Hello Lagosismyhome, do you know any company that give loan for postgraduate studies

No I don't know anything about this topic .....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 6:56am On Jun 12, 2020
Saw this in my school hub, pls what does it mean.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.