Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091342 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fcnaxo: 2:36am On Jun 11, 2020
Hello Guys where can I get best rates for Form A , standard chat bank informed me tday it’s rate which is 498.71. can I get something cheaper elsewhere?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 5:29am On Jun 11, 2020
bayosegun:
House, pls I want to know the minimum month that must be on passport in order to use t to apply for tier-4. Mine expires 21 Jan 2021. And anticipating for visa application by August.

You can get a new passport when your old one has six months to expire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 5:44am On Jun 11, 2020
fcnaxo:
Hello Guys where can I get best rates for Form A , standard chat bank informed me tday it’s rate which is 498.71. can I get something cheaper elsewhere?

The rates generally vary very little between the different banks and can change regularly depending on CBN's underlying rate and the volatility of the pound against the dollar (which is very volatile these days).

In any case, you can only use the banks where you hold an account to apply for Form A, and requests to the CBN for foreign exchange are not always treated rapidly due to occasional delays on CBN's end, so unless you go and open accounts with all Nigerian banks, even if you do find a bank with the best rate as at the time you want to undertake your transaction, the effort of opening an account there, then funding it with the monies for the forex transfer and so forth might not pay off if the apparently favourable rate you want to avail of changes in the process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:01am On Jun 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

What if the virus is still here till next year September or in two years time what will you do? Or UK will lose money for another two to three years?

Lots of things will take place before September hopefully a vaccine will be out.
We just have to hopeful no need to be discouraged.

Yes UK can lose money for one year even two years if it's that one. Unprecedented times brings unprecedented changes. Even in march nobody knew primary and secondary will be shut this long and now secondary and rest of primary wont be open till Sept. Even as far as like week the Uk government was doing gra gra to force it open. In a pandemic you can never predict

Even if a vaccine comes out in Sept... it takes a lot of man power and resources to mass produce and distribute a vaccine world wide ... it is no easy fix .... The only thing that will determine how it will play out is the death rate. The lower it gets the more normalcy will return. The higher it get ..... you can be sure everything will go back to shut down ....it will become lives before money, even though UK like your money pass anything ......1918 pandemic took 2 years to resolve so it's possible. Nobody can predict and only time will tell
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:13am On Jun 11, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Yes UK can lose money for one year even two years if it's that one. Unprecedented times brings unprecedented changes. Even in march nobody knew primary and secondary will be shut this long and now secondary and rest of primary wont be open till Sept. Even as far as like week the Uk government was doing gra gra to force it open. In a pandemic you can never predict

Even if a vaccine comes out in Sept... it takes a lot of man power and resources to mass produce and distribute a vaccine world wide ... it is no easy fix .... The only thing that will determine how it will play out is the death rate. The lower it gets the more normalcy will return. The higher it get ..... you can be sure everything will go back to shut down ....it will become lives before money, even though UK like your money pass anything ......1918 pandemic took 2 years to resolve so it's possible. Nobody can predict and only time will tell

In 1918, the world wasn't this global. Response in science and technology were slow. Nevertheless, the death rate in the UK has declined to pre-lock down period

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 7:31am On Jun 11, 2020
STENON:
You are very kind sef. You should have just allow the fellow to chop his 10 years ban visa undecided

At all at all, na him bad pass no visa grin grin
Will the applicant be notified when placed on ban list?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2020
LagosismyHome:

But the UK has started to experience a flat curve this week. The last time Boris addressed this virus.

And you can't compare 1918 with 2020.

I think one of these asian countries have started trying out a vaccine abi medicine on their citizens.

Oxford University said their vaccine will be ready by September. So we just have to be hopeful.

There will be online classes for huge classes and face-to-face. There are schools already testing out online sessions with international students. Some are carrying out survey so whatever results they get they will know how to present it to their prime minister or whatever

Yesterday I was part of one those sessions and it was horrible.

We just have to be hopeful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 8:18am On Jun 11, 2020
I am interested in the feel of that session pls

Horrible in what sense?
Do you mean the response they got from prospective international students about online class proposals? or you mean you attended an actual online class?

Aprokodaughter:

But the UK has started to experience a flat curve this week. The last time Boris addressed this virus.

And you can't compare 1918 with 2020.

I think one of these asian countries have started trying out a vaccine abi medicine on their citizens.

Oxford University said their vaccine will be ready by September. So we just have to be hopeful.

There will be online classes for huge classes and face-to-face. There are schools already testing out online sessions with international students. Some are carrying out survey so whatever results they get they will know how to present it to their prime minister or whatever

Yesterday I was part of one those sessions and it was horrible.

We just have to be hopeful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 11, 2020
toyclicks:
I am interested in the feel of that session pls

Horrible in what sense?
Do you mean the response they got from prospective international students about online class proposals? or you mean you attended an actual online class?

Are you not staying in Nigeria? LMAO grin Network was horrible...breaking. Sometimes the network will just log me out.

I wasn't hearing whatever the lecturer and staff was saying thanks to Nigerian network.

See me carrying my phone close to my ear like a gateman listening to news because I couldn't hear. grin grin and I had to use just audio instead of using video and audio.

The audio was still bad

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 8:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Hopefully, u were able to notify them of the poorer network in this part of the world

Aprokodaughter

Are you not staying in Nigeria? LMAO grin Network was horrible...breaking. Sometimes the network will just log me out.

I wasn't hearing whatever the lecturer and staff was saying thanks to Nigerian network.

See me carrying my phone close to my ear like a gateman listening to news because I couldn't hear. grin grin and I had to use just audio instead of using video and audio.

The audio was still bad[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 11, 2020
Latito442:
Hopefully, u were able to notify them of the poorer network in this part of the world

Aprokodaughter

The audio was still bad

Yes I did. I could not stay for long.

There was like a box for chat, questions and answer. So I had to tell them my experience through the box before I left the session.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Please I want to ask a question... For those that applied to research based post graduate....there us a space to input recommenders details and there is also a space at the end that allow uploading of refrence letter.. Can someone explain the difference to me...can I upload by recommendations letters myself or my recommenders will b contacted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 9:24am On Jun 11, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
So UK will now just lose money this year. Do you know that most schools only have one year intake for the courses.

No how UK will look for a way for students to come into the country and People can make the first deposit and the school will refund.

Like I always say read your offer terms and conditions. Secondly read up your school emails. Finally, read or listen to UK news.

Its not that difficult don't wait for someone to tell what to do.

By June 21st the country will start to open up including air space.

I agree with you, besides most schools updated their refund policy, people should just read up.. I already paid my deposit and I’m not even bothered one bit.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:07am On Jun 11, 2020
Lol.
It looks like the networks sef have gotten poorer generally.

Aprokodaughter:

The audio was still bad

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2020
Most realistic thing I have read on here in the last couple of days.

TLS Ghana will open on the 23rd then na Naija No go reopen with the significantly higher number of applicants (and as such, revenue). Doesn’t make sense. It is more likely due to the closure of the Nigerian air space.

Virus or no virus, money must be made so please get your accounts ready and shoot your shot as soon as TLS is ready for you. All this free money Uncle Boris is giving out, who is going to pay for it? It is inconceivable that they will shut out international students completely for September entry.

Aprokodaughter:
So UK will now just lose money this year. Do you know that most schools only have one year intake for the courses.

No how UK will look for a way for students to come into the country and People can make the first deposit and the school will refund.

Like I always say read your offer terms and conditions. Secondly read up your school emails. Finally, read or listen to UK news.

Its not that difficult don't wait for someone to tell what to do.

By June 21st the country will start to open up including air space.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lianalexa: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2020
Oloshi83:

TLS Ghana will open on the 23rd then na Naija No go reopen with the significantly higher number of applicants (and as such, revenue). Doesn’t make sense. It is more likely due to the closure of the Nigerian air space.

Virus or no virus, money must be made so please get your accounts ready and shoot your shot as soon as TLS is ready for you. All this free money Uncle Boris is giving out, who is going to pay for it? It is inconceivable that they will shut out international students completely for September entry.

U gerrit bro, so on point

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2020
Anitaamich:

£13,450 per year
Also check Leeds Beckett university, England. international students pays 12,000 pounds for Adults nursing.I also hear that there are opportunities in Leeds city.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 11:20am On Jun 11, 2020
Lianalexa:

U gerrit bro, so on point

He Gerrit very well. My friend told me last night that it is because of our restrictions that has not been fully eased.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2020
Oloshi83:

You see the big picture. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
hosey:

This is why I was telling everyone here not to commit anything and wait till the end of July before making informed decision.
But some people are so impatient that when we tell them the truth they will say you do not want them to come to the UK and that we are jealous of their prospect. Typical Nigeria mentality who hate to face the truth and will eventually be outsmarted and scammed.

The school do not even know about CAS issuance? Every school are depending on UKVI. Wait till the CAS review before you make your decision.
The current guideline says student studying online and by distance learning cant be issued Tier 4 visa. What if another wave of coronavirus epidemic come by February? What is your motive of studying? Do you need Tier 4 visa to be eligible for Post study visa? Do you really love online class that you are willing to spend millions for what can just be obtained for £50 in cousera, udemy e.t.c?Also, no guideline about post study visa yet.

Everyone have different motive of wanting to study overseas and you all deserve to know what is expected and then make your decision. UKVI office in Nigeria is still closed and no current info about it opening. I do not know where you guys are just rushing for. I do not want any lamentation and regret here after this is over.

Hosey,
You made valid points here.
I however would like to plead with you (not for the first time on this thread). Please, stop insulting Nigerians. We receive enough insults already from outside. Let’s not do it inside.
What exactly is ‘typical Nigerian mentality’

You know, you can make valid points without demeaning words right?
Thanks and God bless.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
Normally, the information on this should be on your recommendation details page.

If you have the ability to upload your recommendation letters, then it means you should get the letters and upload but your school will be verifying the details contained therein.

If you can input recommenders' details and the upload option isn't available, recommenders are usually sent a secure link to upload their recommendation letters.

horlahsunbo225:
Please I want to ask a question... For those that applied to research based post graduate....there us a space to input recommenders details and there is also a space at the end that allow uploading of refrence letter.. Can someone explain the difference to me...can I upload by recommendations letters myself or my recommenders will b contacted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
Phatkings:

Thanks
You are welcome.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
Sometimes the ban is automatic and as a result of the NL spam bots suspecting spam-like activities i.e. editing a comment multiple times within a short time. It's happened to me about 3 times 3 weeks ago when I tried updating my comments with information that I remembered shortly after my initial comments.
There's always a notification on the profile page of the person banned from commenting when this happens.

Graceisallineed:

While I was going through this thread, I also saw someone’s comment about why a particular person was banned recently just because he/she asked for prospective students to indicate themselves and current students to create a WhatsApp group (so that students aspiring to go to SHU can learn), all of a sudden the person was banned from the group. I believe that shouldn’t lead to a ban but the admin should have just stated it’s not allowed (like warning that it’s not allowed).

However, @Skymoore has been insulting people several times (including people that advises him to stop that bad habit) but admin didn’t give him a strike.

Well in my personal opinion, the admin(s) are biased.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

He Gerrit very well. My friend told me last night that it is because of our restrictions that has not been fully eased.

Exactly my thought.

Nigeria is not on that list because few airports will be allowed to operate local flight on the 21st and no date for international flight yet.

Some staffs at the center were evacuated back home due to the pandemic and are yet to come back.

I believe as soon as Nigerian air space is opened to foreign flight, visa center will reopen .

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dayusin: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hi Nairalanders. I have a conditional offer letter that requires me to submit accreditation of Prior Experiential learning(APEL). Does anyone know how I can go about that ? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
mimilyrics:
Normally, the information on this should be on your recommendation details page.

If you have the ability to upload your recommendation letters, then it means you should get the letters and upload but your school will be verifying the details contained therein.

If you can input recommenders' details and the upload option isn't available, recommenders are usually sent a secure link to upload their recommendation letters.

I try my best to read everything (instructions) from A-Z, I just find it contradicting ask for recommenders and still have a page to upload refree. ..
Or let me ask is recommendations letters different from reference letter....
Also do u known you any better way I can convince them to use my unofficial transcript for admission purpose only and sent the official transcript after the decision.. The lockdown is affecting academic activities here and I can't request for my official transcript now.. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
pretty1986:
Also check Leeds Beckett university, England. international students pays 12,000 pounds for Adults nursing.I also hear that there are opportunities in Leeds city.
This is not for me, I’m going to Hertfordshire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Abusto: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
mamacajah:

Does the scholarship cover family members? If not, then you need to get the amount for dependents available ineither your account or your wife's account. maintenance fee is 6,200 per dependent, IHS fee 450, visa fee $463 I think (i'm not too sure what the current price is)...

On adoption, I am not sure of hat the steps are, you need to consult legal professionals.. because she is still a child, this option is still viable. You can read more online...sorry I couldn't help you more. I know you will to show proff that you have responsible for her upkeep like paying school fees, also you will need to justify why you are adopting( are her parents late? is your wife her only living relative? etc..)

P.S: I just googled and it seems not much definite information on this.. so please seek legal counsel..

Thanks for helping a brother, I'm truly grateful for your responses.

The scholarship does not cover family members and we don't readily have the maintenance amount needed for them to get the visa.
I guess I'll have to travel, settle down, get a job and start saving while my wife manages our businesses here in Nigeria till we are able to save up the money from both sides, hopefully within 6 months. Hope this is advisable and also feasible. (Our business is doing well here in Nigeria but can I get a job to save up a good amount of money within that period without ditching classes?)

Again, if the sum of my savings in UK and that of my wife here in Nigeria is up to the required amount will the application ride on it and pull through? Or do we have to merge the money together in one account before it can be accepted?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
What school is that? You should ask the school, they'd have info on how to go about this.
Processes differ and you would have to pay for this application and assessment process in some schools.

For Anglia Ruskin and Kent, you need to detail experiences (relevant to your intended course) and submit a portfolio proving this for assessment.
The School/faculty you wish to join will identify someone who can be your Portfolio Supervisor, and guide you through the evidence and reflection.
After it's assessed and they are satisfied that it meets their learning outcomes / requirements, it will be accepted and you'll get information for the next steps. If not, you'll also be informed of the decision.

Note:
1. Experiences usually need to be within the last 5 years before your application.

2. The format and completion of your APEL portfolio will depend on your individual experience, and your intended program. You should also ensure that your APEL portfolio demonstrates you meet the relevant learning outcomes against which you wish to claim credit and that your learning is at the right academic level (your Portfolio Supervisor should guide on this).

dayusin:
Hi Nairalanders. I have a conditional offer letter that requires me to submit accreditation of Prior Experiential learning(APEL). Does anyone know how I can go about that ? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Anitaamich:

This is not for me, I’m going to Hertfordshire

I also have an offer from Hertfordshire, maybe we should link up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
They are often used interchangeably though there are slight differences. See the link below for the differences:

https://careersdonewrite.com/blog/reference-letter-vs-letter-of-recommendation

Some schools will only ask for the recommender/referee details and will contact them directly (mostly via email) to request for the recommendation letter.

Some schools would have you fill in your referee / recommender's details and get the letters from your referees by yourself and upload. Seems your schools is adopting this option.

If you can explain your predicament (the fact that you can't request for your transcript online) to the school, pls do; they might or might not agree to wait till after the lockdown is fully lifted.

horlahsunbo225:

I try my best to read everything (instructions) from A-Z, I just find it contradicting ask for recommenders and still have a page to upload refree. ..
Or let me ask is recommendations letters different from reference letter....
Also do u known you any better way I can convince them to use my unofficial transcript for admission purpose only and sent the official transcript after the decision.. The lockdown is affecting academic activities here and I can't request for my official transcript now.. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
horlahsunbo225:
You can upload both depending on your school.
Most times, recommendation letter might be requested from you if the school wants to consider you for tuition waiver/scholarship/graduate assistantship position. If you have a lecturer or HOD that can help write one for you. Speak to them, they know what to do to help you. You can communicate to them via email if possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.