Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,837 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:20 PM

Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype (523 Views)

I Need Advice On A Single Mother Of Two. / Start Mini Ac And Fan Business And Earn Up To 50k In Less Than A Week. / (photo) This Girl Has Finished Me Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by ArcFresky(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
My ex is the sweetest person I have ever met, dated for 6 years and we realized she was AS and I AC. So we had to breakup, which I did with great pain to me and her.

Its about a year now, I must confess, was one of the most trying periods in my life, and its been difficult moving on for both of us.

We met a doctor who said the worst we can have is an SC kid, which according to him is not so bad.
Google describes somethings, I don't even understand.

I understand the probability of getting an SC is 1/4, Problem is we are still very much in love, and I am wondering if doctors in the house can advice, or someone who has had experience with an SC patient.

thank you.
Re: Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by gratefulheart(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
I am a volunteer Executive Director with a Sickle Cell NGO... It may be difficult and traumatize. This is the better decision you have made for each-other if you truly love each other. I have seen a lot. Children with pains, trauma because of the parent 'so called love'. sleepless nights, hospital visits etc

It is unbearable emotionally and financially. I know a mother that lost the child at 30 because of sickle cell now she is hypertensive. most of the medication most people can't even afford them, we always give them for free and consultation. Please, move on and before you fall in love find out the person genotype first to save eachother from trauma.

Better save than been sorry.

ArcFresky:
My ex is the sweetest person I have ever met, dated for 6 years and we realized she was AS and I AC. So we had to breakup, which I did with great pain to me and her.

Its about a year now, I must confess, was one of the most trying periods in my life, and its been difficult moving on for both of us.

We met a doctor who said the worst we can have is an SC kid, which according to him is not so bad.

I understand the probability of getting an SC is 1/4, Problem is we are still very much in love, and I am wondering if doctors in the house can advice, or someone who has had experience with an SC patient.

thank you.

Re: Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by bestabigaelever(f): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
Don't try it pls

You will be fine eventually
Re: Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by ArcFresky(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
gratefulheart:
I am a volunteer Executive Director with a Sickle Cell NGO... It may be difficult and traumatize. This is the better decision you have made for each-other if you truly love each other. I have seen a lot. Children with pains, trauma because of the parent 'so called love'. sleepless nights, hospital visits etc

It is unbearable emotionally and financially. I know a mother that lost the child at 30 because of sickle cell now she is hypertensive. most of the medication most people can't even afford them, we always give them for free and consultation. Please, move on and before you fall in love find out the person genotype first to save eachother from trauma.

Better save than been sorry.

Hi, thanks for your response. There is a slight twist, I am AC and she is AS.

The worst we can have is an SC child.
Do you know the effects of SC on a child?
Re: Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by Skmoda360(m): 7:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
ArcFresky:

thank you.

Don't risk it ...it doesn't worth it ok.....regrets will set in later in life....one love bro
Re: Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by surgical: 5:42pm On May 07, 2020
It is ss, that is bad SC is not that bad
Marry your girl if she loves you the way you love her and you guys will be fine

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On AC And AS Gentoype by joceey(m): 6:45pm On May 07, 2020
Types of Genotype

The genotypes in humans are AA, AS, AC, SS. They refer to the hemoglobin gene constituents on the red blood cells. AC is rare whereas AS and AC are abnormal.
Genotype Compatibility Chart
Study this table below carefully:
AA + AA = AA, AA, AA, AA (Excellent)
AA + AS = AA, AS, AA, AS, (Good)
AA + SS = AS, AS, AS, AS, (Fair)
AA + AC = AA, AA, AA, AC. (Good)
AS + AS = AA, AS, AS, SS, (Very Bad)
AS + SS = AS, SS, SS, SS, (Very Bad)
AS + AC = AA, AC, AS,SS. (Bad; Advice needed)
SS + SS = SS, SS, SS, SS, (Very Bad)
AC + SS = AS, AS, SS, SS, (Very Bad)
AC + AC = AA, AC, AC, SS. ( Bad; Advice needed)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Afrocand / Sweet Marian (explicit Content) / Portharcourt Girls Gather Here For The Real Gist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.