Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress (58390 Views)

Pencil Drawings By Charles Osaro / My Drawings / My Drawings Of Michael Jackson(king Of Pop) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Francejaik(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
You are gifted.
Keep it up man.

2 Likes

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by brownbib(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is some f**k**g talent you got.
Jah bless your work.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by TerraCotta(m): 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
You are talented with an unusual perspective and subject matter. Please post your website/Instagram etc if you have them.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by rotcesar: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2020
Great work...would luv to have a drawing of me.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by quintessence007(f): 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
You are finnnne. God bless your work

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by clemmonce(m): 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice drawing. It actually took some stress off me, just looking at it. Thumbs up.

My favorite is 3pm at Abakpa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Taysik(f): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2020
TALENT!!!!!�

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by tillaman(m): 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by rosch(f): 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.... coz I'm just speechless ��� I wish u d very best coz d star is just your starting point �

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by olumide4christ: 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
James4bright:
And the funniest part is that with all this talent, artists don't earn much.

Says who?? Please do more research. Some artists make a lot...all that they need is to have the right marketing strategy, just like any other business.
Check out this young under-30 lady on Instagram -. @ceracerni (Her real name is Sarah Sanni). We follow each other on Instagram. She's into mural painting... people are on queue waiting for her services...her DM is full of requests.
Art pays oo!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by bluefilm: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
O boy!

This guy's really talented.

I wish I can learn all these 3D drawings.

It's always an enigma for me whenever I behold it.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Gabs7(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Art is underrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Roon9(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
DriggityDre:
Abstract artist.
My man. I wish to get one myself.

What does being an abstract artist mean to you
Open your mouth

Baba I know nothing about arts neither can I even draw mosquito sef grin

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Bankpower: 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Roon9(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Evercurious:

Cos it's abstract figurative.. Read the 2nd paragraph to see his type of works. He stated all that there

Wow! I know nothing concerning arts shar

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by hilfinity(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Creativity at its peak.

Op u r extra gifted.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by James4bright(m): 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
olumide4christ:

Says who?? Please do more research. Some artists make a lot...all that they need is to have the right marketing strategy, just like any other business.
Check out this young under-30 lady on Instagram -. @ceracerni (Her real name is Sarah Sanni). We follow each other on Instagram. She's into mural painting... people are on queue waiting for her services...her DM is full of requests.
Art pays oo!!

Oh. Instagram. I forgot that social media platform still exists, best platform for publicity. But Nigerian artist still won't earn much, who buys art in Nigeria? Lol

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Jaqenhghar: 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
Hello Nairalanders, I really do hope everyone is doing well during these trying times, felt I should show some of my art to help ease tensions a bit and bring to you a different kind of experience.
So here’s how it’s going to work, I will give a brief introduction of myself and my work, and then I would post a couple of drawings including commissioned works and progress shots too. I would then post a selected four again but this time I’d leave commentaries below detailing what inspired the drawings and other relevant information so you’d get a better understanding of each one.
I’d keep it as basic as possible so both enthusiasts and those new to art can soak it all in. Without much further ado let’s get right into it.

My name is Paul Mbah; I draw a lot so it just became what I do. I was born in Wales but I grew up across several southern states in Nigeria, I finished from UNN and began almost immediately to feature in Art competitions and exhibitions. My art is mostly abstract figurative (This phrase means the artist communicates ideas using objects and or persons) and are drawn primarily with graphite, charcoal and ink on paper. What do I want to say with my art? There’s no central message because they’re about everyday life, more than anything I just want people to be inspired by them.

Happy viewing

The first one, A Song about Daylight
Wow! Thats all I can say

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Neef2018: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
Dope!

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by favour32(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
Extremely talented.
Not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by KingWarri: 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
Hale, while I was working on it
Amazing..... I love them

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
stunning and outstanding.

2 Likes

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Nerro042: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
StrikeBack:
Nice one.
The only thing some people know how to draw is tattoo

Do you mean the ones who get the tattoos or the tattoo artists themselves. Because that's an art on it's own. Really difficult too

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by miqos02(m): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
Hello Nairalanders, I really do hope everyone is doing well during these trying times, felt I should show some of my art to help ease tensions a bit and bring to you a different kind of experience.
So here’s how it’s going to work, I will give a brief introduction of myself and my work, and then I would post a couple of drawings including commissioned works and progress shots too. I would then post a selected four again but this time I’d leave commentaries below detailing what inspired the drawings and other relevant information so you’d get a better understanding of each one.
I’d keep it as basic as possible so both enthusiasts and those new to art can soak it all in. Without much further ado let’s get right into it.

My name is Paul Mbah; I draw a lot so it just became what I do. I was born in Wales but I grew up across several southern states in Nigeria, I finished from UNN and began almost immediately to feature in Art competitions and exhibitions. My art is mostly abstract figurative (This phrase means the artist communicates ideas using objects and or persons) and are drawn primarily with graphite, charcoal and ink on paper. What do I want to say with my art? There’s no central message because they’re about everyday life, more than anything I just want people to be inspired by them.

Happy viewing

The first one, A Song about Daylight
no watermarks?

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by realstars: 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
No Time To Show All,
My Studio And My Studio Boy.
The Real Stars Zone.

4 Likes

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by JastSiryin(m): 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
A Song about Daylight

I made this one sometime during the first quarter of 2019. I got the idea for it after feeling jealous of how a friend of mine communicated freely with his parents. Now this might sound like a strange thing to be jealous of to some of you, but after experiencing the way they talked so freely (right down to even personal events and sex life) and looking at what I and a good number of other people have going on in our circles which is a far cry from that, I couldn’t help but feel bad about it.

I know no family is perfect but the effect of this one on me was strong. By extension, there’s a lot of well to do individuals who, despite having enviable financial/social statuses, don’t have genuine and honest relationships with family members or other people in general, there are guys and ladies out there right now who pay people to just spend time with them, who am I to judge though?

This drawing was inspired by that complexity. In the image there’s two subjects, the female subject is affluently adorned to represent the wealthy, the male represents the powerful as he wields an ‘ofor’ (a short staff usually held by men of leadership status in Igbo land) and is also wearing a chieftain cap. In a mannerism inspired by Michelangelo’s painting ‘The Creation’ both are reaching towards the central portion of the space which is lit up slightly, the central portion represents the simple joys of life, peace, happiness, acceptance, trust, friendship and love.

Both models in this drawing are actual family members. I wanted to photograph family members for the image to retain the spiritual potency of what initially inspired it.

The daily struggles we face as Nigerians tend to make us misplace the value of these virtues and on the long run when we do acknowledge them, they might not be so easy to get back.
I know the feeling bros... I've got friends who talk to their folks as if they were pals grin... Nice work by the way

2 Likes

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Emmagggg: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
You work is great man keep it up

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice piece of work. But you ought to have watermarked these paintings so that one idiot will not wake up one day and start posting same images as their work.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Jakumo(m): 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix, your artistic talent is deep and wide like an African river. All you need is the right connection to the EU or USA art market, and my brother, you will be reaping SERIOUS dollar amounts for EACH of your very original masterpieces. Your rare gift for art is worth millions of greenback dollars, and I am absolutely convinced that the world is going to hear a lot more about you in the coming few years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by igbsam(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
These are beautiful drawings. I'll definitely be getting one soon.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by olumide4christ: 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
James4bright:

Oh. Instagram. I forgot that social media platform still exists, best platform for publicity. But Nigerian artist still won't earn much, who buys art in Nigeria? Lol

My former boss, a popular billionaire in Lagos is a great connoisseur of art work. When I was working with him, artists used to travel from Oshogbo and other parts of the South West to Lagos to come and sell paintings, sculptures, etc to him. He would pay them hundreds of thousands and sometimes even millions of Naira for the art work. This happened continuously all through my time with him.
Check the lady ,. ceracerni out on Instagram. She's making a hell of money from her works.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by PrinceMajestic: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
Pls carry me along bro. This my J.Cole and Kendrick Lamar joint face sketch

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) / Arigbede Ojo Olaropo Makes A Hyper-Realistic Statue Of A Female Corper (Photos) / Painting Of A Painting Painter Who Paints Around The Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.