Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress (58424 Views)

Pencil Drawings By Charles Osaro / My Drawings / My Drawings Of Michael Jackson(king Of Pop) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Ishilove: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
The Report
Watermark your pictures so they don't get stolen by online thieves.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by James4bright(m): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
olumide4christ:

My former boss, a popular billionaire in Lagos is a great connoisseur of art work. When I was working with him, artists used to travel from Oshogbo and other parts of the South West to Lagos to come and sell paintings, sculptures, etc to him. He would pay them hundreds of thousands and sometimes even millions of Naira for the art work. This happened continuously all through my time with him.
Check the lady ,. ceracerni out on Instagram. She's making a hell of money from her works.

Omo, I used to draw really good, was an addict but I gave up and not planning on going back. Lol

You seem really intrigued and interested in arts, you draw?
Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Offpoint: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
James4bright:
And the funniest part is that with all this talent, artists don't earn much.
Artist don't what? because Nigerian don't appreciate the works of Art?

You have no idea how much a piece of art can cost.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by sylve11: 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
DriggityDre:
Abstract artist.
My man. I wish to get one myself.

What does being an abstract artist mean to you
Open your mouth

knock them all off.. grin grin grin

@ op, nice work.......... cool

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Ishilove: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
Lily and the Jackdaw

Have you ever heard of visiobibliophobia? It is the fear of social media and it’s more common than you’d expect in Nigeria. I hardly ever posted, commented or even put up new profile photos; and it’s not that any of these, individually or collectively, are a problem because some people just prefer being under the radar, It was until it started hampering my work that I recognized them as issues that needed to be ironed out. Making posts on Instagram, Whatsapp or Facebook for me were absolutely terrifying grin.

Although, every artist, musician, producer, writer or any creative practitioner right before they put out new work always entertain a tug of war in their heads as to whether the new work would resonate with their audiences, like whether it’s good enough or not good enough, not being sure of how people are going to react to it (The same way I think a girl feels when she just finishes preparing food for the very first time for her lover and he’s about to take the first bite…make or break moment no?). It’s just more severe for some than others.

This insecurity is what inspired Lily and the Jackdaw. This drawing is probably the most foreign looking presentation I have in my portfolio as it has very little African imagery, the title itself is inspired by the 1865 English novel Alice in Wonderland (Art critics are fond of boxing upcoming Nigerian/African artists in to make art that looks African and anything asides from that wont resonate with the elites. If a full blooded British artist makes art about the roadside pollution in crowded Nigerian urban slums, would that art resonate with you as foreign or as African?)

The bird in the drawing is a symbol of the helpless desire we have get better in life/attaining greater heights. Unplugged power cords and data transfer cables hanging loosely and carelessly on the subject represent this fear which gets in the way of productivity (The flower), but the funny thing about both of both fear and productivity is that, in a strange way, the complement each other, but that one na talk for another day.
Deep

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Votewisely2019: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good job man,
You will definitely be known and remembered with your talent and work

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by olumide4christ: 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
James4bright:

Omo, I used to draw really good, was an addict but I gave up and not planning on going back. Lol

You seem really intrigued and interested in arts, you draw?

Well... I admire good art when I see them.... I also have a great interest in art and design as it pertains to buildings, which is my core training, business and line of profession.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
art is life

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by James4bright(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Offpoint:

Artist don't what? because Nigerian don't appreciate the works of Art?

You have no idea how much a piece of art can cost.

My boss who was teaching me art when I was younger. He wasn't even Nigerian but American.

He had a side job and taught me art online, but baba wasn't even close to being rich. Very few people succeed doing art, I think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by James4bright(m): 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2020
olumide4christ:

Well... I admire good art when I see them.... I also have a great interest in art and design as it pertains to buildings, which is my core training, business and line of profession.

Yours seem quite lucrative unlike pencil arts. Ride on bro.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by kaima1984(f): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
Bravo, Keep it rolling bro

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Basil84(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2020
nice job brother.
kindly let me know how to reach you.

PMPhoenix:
Lantern Girl, an old one

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
One word for you mate. GENIUS

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by wman(m): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
James4bright:

Oh. Instagram. I forgot that social media platform still exists, best platform for publicity. But Nigerian artist still won't earn much, who buys art in Nigeria? Lol

The talented ones earn a lot and they are comfortable. They go for major art exhibitions where their artwork sell from hundreds of thousands to millions of naira.
They also execute big contracts for state governments and companies.

But as forthe roadside artists with mediocre paintings of famous stars. Many of those ones have no desire to improve and they only sell paintings once in a while. Or they wait to paint school buildings once in a while.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by peculi(f): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lovely work.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by micflo28(m): 6:03pm On Apr 26, 2020
Better be doing this for money because they are so good. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by James4bright(m): 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
wman:

The talented ones earn a lot and they are comfortable. They go for major art exhibitions where their artwork sell from hundreds of thousands to millions of naira.

But as forthe roadside artists with mediocre paintings of famous stars. Many of those ones have no desire to improve and they only sell paintings once in a while. Or they wait to paint school buildings once in a while.

Very meaningful. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by James4bright(m): 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
wman:

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
GUY, You are GooD.
How do we reach U...

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Mac12(f): 6:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
Gracious God. This is beautiful

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Collegenews: 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2020
Wow. Bros you tried.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by grandstar(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:
The Report

To me, this may be your best work! I think "The Wall" is a much better name

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by John360comng: 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
Wow!

These are beautiful drawings.
Amazing drawings you have got.
They make feel getting one for my mum.
They beautiful I must say and commend you on your good job.

Twenty(20) pieces of our Digital Non-Contact Forehead InfraRed Thermometer left in stock right now for immediate Pick-up at 37,000 Naira per piece. Free 100ml Hand Sanitizer attached to each product.

WhatsApp Only: 0808-197-9804 for pickup.

Walkie-Talkies also for Social Distancing available too. Different models and different prices. From the affordable to the expensive.

Other Products also available like the Access Control Doors used at Banks with Digital Thermometer attached, etcetera

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Zagaboss: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
Can l get a portrait of myself?....08034019786

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by zedegit: 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
James4bright:
And the funniest part is that with all this talent, artists don't earn much.

If you are talented, you are talented and a man's gift makes way for him.

Didn't you hear that Phyno, the great bought one?

He goes on competitions and exhibitions which means just 1 sale to someone who values arts is worth what some people make in a year.

Go and Google Monalisa.

2 Likes

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by obiekunie2: 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
PMPhoenix:

superb work of art!

bros please can i afford you for a book cover?

i wonder how much such will cost me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by jeoprince250(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2020
Wow, this comes with a strong story behind.
So nice
PMPhoenix:
Lantern Girl, an old one

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by zedegit: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2020
clemmonce:
Nice drawing. It actually took some stress off me, just looking at it. Thumbs up.

My favorite is 3pm at Abakpa

Please what does it convey or remind you of?

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Holiegrail2: 6:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
You are good bro

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Odunolumide(m): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2020
UBGGA:
Teach me how to draw; it will be one of your greatest art.

Hmm.

1 Like

Re: Showing Some Of My Drawings, To Help With The Stress by Sheyilola(f): 7:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
I love this ❤️

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) / Arigbede Ojo Olaropo Makes A Hyper-Realistic Statue Of A Female Corper (Photos) / Painting Of A Painting Painter Who Paints Around The Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.