Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? (35279 Views)

Eddyth Obianuju Odidika Dies After Seeking Funds To Treat An Ailment / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal / How Can I Treat An Itching Anus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Evablizin(f): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2020
Evaberry:
No There is no other way, I had an impacted wisdom tooth and had to remove it, the earlier you do it the better. Brace yourself OP it’s going to be the worst pain you’ve ever felt
Evaberry!! Longest time,hope you're good? Stay safe dear.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by dnawah(m): 10:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:
hello nairaland doctors i need help here. pls overlook any typo error.

i am over the age where the 4 widom teeth (the molars) of an adult normally grows.

the thing is while the two molars at the top jaw grew without any problem, the other bottom two refused to grow out. i really didnt notice until two year ago when i started having gum aches from both sides of my bottom jaw. at first the pain was mild but it came back two weeks later and this time it was more severe. this made me count my teeth and i discovered i only had 30 teeth instead of 32.

i didnt take it seriously but the aches continued forcing me to see a dentist.
after a minute checkup the doctor told me i had a condition known as an impacted tooth. according to him, my bottom jaw was smaller than my teeth set and that made it impossible for my molars to grow out. he said the pain i felt was due to the two molars trying to push against the obstruction of the jaw.

i asked for a soln and he told me that the only way pluck out the molars. i didnt have a problem with that until i asked for the price.

he told me that the removal of both teeth would cost 15k each. i shouted and he shouted back. i left the office angrily but not before he told me that by the time i get to 26 i will be the one begging for the procedure.

the truth is since the time i did that checkup the gum aches have been coming up periodically. i have been fighting it with warm water and salt but the pain normally comes back after a couple of weeks with each emergence more severe than the last.

so i really want to know if there is another alternative to deal with the ache without parting with my 30k.

i recently noticed with the help of a mirror that there have been little signs of the molars showing up, though majority of the whole is still buried under the jaw.
well well op look for the back of dry coconut,remove the inside,soak it in a dry gin,leave it for 3 days then use it to rainse ur mouth morning, afternoon and evening for one or two weeks.afther that dive the 30k into 3 one for God and one for me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by prosperioh(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26, 2020
xjiggy:
My two bottom molars grew out half way and once in a while, I experience aching on both of them simultaneously for a few days. It's been occurring for over 15yrs and I've come to terms with it..
Does it not give u bad breath
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Tbest20(m): 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
I have in my mouth over eighteen year without removed my teeth. just know how to manage it. Don't drink anything cold again n don't take anything sugary that can stay or hide in ur teeth over. solutions take only two parastalmo in the morning 2 indole seed capsule afternoon n two parastalmo in d night for just 2days ur pain will relief u. if u can do that n manage it, is kk. but don't go for anything anything cold again.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by saajus: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2020
Please, go for the extraction if you can afford it. Negotiate with the dentist, maybe 20k could be considered. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by cunny88(m): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2020
OP, I was in your shoes a few years back, I knew no peace, d pains were so excruciating that at some nights I kept asking God why me. at some point I completely avoided beef cos of d pains. my tooth defied evry medication both orthodox and traditional. twas like I was in bondage for years till I visited a general hospital and took dem off. if I want peace for ur teeth, u ve got to take dem off. I had a gf who had same issues I asked ha to dem off she refused, wen d pains became unbearable she begged me to take her to d general hospital, today she is at peace as well.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Gbengee: 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2020
Let me seize this time to share my challenge.

One of my gums smell like rotten wound, if I torch that side it will smell bad, but others don't.

I discovered that, that is the only place that smells, i don't know until I notice that when I talk, people stylishly cover there nose.

Please advise me.

It's shameful abeg. Thanks!
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Lexusgs430: 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
DarkJeddi:
How do you mean,extricating the nerves? shocked

The pain you are getting, is shooting pains from your nerves, to the brain.......

Once the nerve is chopped off, signal to brain dies............
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Lexusgs430: 10:50pm On Apr 26, 2020
Gbengee:
Let me seize this time to share my challenge.

One of my gums smell like rotten wound, if I torch that side it will smell bad, but others don't.

I discovered that, that is the only place that smells, i don't know until I notice that when I talk, people stylishly cover there nose.

Please advise me.

It's shameful abeg. Thanks!

Visit a dentist, so your mouth can be exposed like Iya basira's abuna........... grin

You have some sort of infection..........
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by femarse: 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2020
well , u look in the mirror and see the teeth coming out ? now stop deceiving yourself and forget that part permanently ...it's never coming out ...there two ways out of your situation , remove it or manage the pain ...3 of my friends had theirs removed ....cost them 6k thou in a govt hospital...2male and 1 female , they are doing perfectly fine ever since they remove it

the worst part ? I have the same problem...impacted tooth ....when they told me the procedure for removal ...I opted to continue managing the pain , first injecting my gum to numb it so I won't feel the pain ...then the gruesome removal ...not eating solids for 2 or 3 days for it to heal
well I can't go through that so I decided to manage the pain ...let's say I have done excellent in that regards ....note in the beginning the pain was mad ...it has not reduce but the frequency had...before now it's like every 1 month the pain reoccur and last for 4 days or 5 tops ...they are excruciating I tell you but now it has reduced to once in 6 month
note 1 ...money is not the reason I don't want to remove it , can't just imagine all the thing describe been done inside my mouth
note 2 I use oral b toothpaste and it's doing solid job in keeping my mouth fresh and cool
note 3 u are feeling the pain because the tooth is trying to come out and anytime he try to and the small flesh in your jaw block it , there will be inflammation in the area and that is why u are feeling that pain ...thing is I don't know what trigger that growth , before now it was roughly every once in a month , everybody that knows me or have the opportunity to be in my vicinity for a month will know I have a toothache ...but now it only happens once in 6month or more self ..like once or twice a year I guess it receded or something

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by akaahs(m): 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2020
aaking:

Don't remove it or waste your money .
Buy kafura pelebe. Put it inside bottle water but half of the water is good to use with 3or4 cubes of the kafura .

Modified

To the ones thinking is joke. See d one am using at home just snap it now
Does it treat cavity?
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Bigiway(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
Extraction cost less in general hospital. I did my premolar extraction with 5k in government dental hospital in ijebu ode 2 years ago
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by heywhyho(f): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:

i am over the age where the 4 widom teeth (the molars) of an adult normally grows.

the thing is while the two molars at the top jaw grew without any problem, the other bottom two refused to grow out. i really didnt notice until two year ago when i started having gum aches from both sides of my bottom jaw. at first the pain was mild but it came back two weeks later and this time it was more severe. this made me count my teeth and i discovered i only had 30 teeth instead of 32.

after a minute checkup the doctor told me i had a condition known as an impacted tooth. according to him, my bottom jaw was smaller than my teeth set and that made it impossible for my molars to grow out. he said the pain i felt was due to the two molars trying to push against the obstruction of the jaw.

i asked for a soln and he told me that the only way pluck out the molars. i didnt have a problem with that until i asked for the price.

he told me that the removal of both teeth would cost 15k each. i shouted and he shouted back. i left the office angrily but not before he told me that by the time i get to 26 i will be the one begging for the procedure.

the truth is since the time i did that checkup the gum aches have been coming up periodically. i have been fighting it with warm water and salt but the pain normally comes back after a couple of weeks with each emergence more severe than the last.

so i really want to know if there is another alternative to deal with the ache without parting with my 30k.

i recently noticed with the help of a mirror that there have been little signs of the molars showing up, though majority of the whole is still buried under the jaw.
See a good dentist, the pain increases with time, I removed four. And have been fine thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by chubinwa(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
I have been down with a severe toothache since early last year. at first, I thought it was something that will come and go. but my speculations were wrong as the pain became persistent. I have taken different medications and yet, the pain keep reoccurring. I was introduced to Salt and water home therapy which actually helped to reduce the pain but I can't chew any substance from the left side of my jaw. till now, I still feel pain. I would have gone to a dentist for proper diagnosis and I don't have the money at hand. my case might not be that of OP's as my 32 teeth are intact. Infact, am just hearing impacted tooth wisdom for the first time. I wish and hope I get a proper remedy to cure this toothache once and for all. OP,, we are all in pain but I must sympathize with you for creating the thread
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Felicity0001: 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2020
paulolee:
heard d only permanent solution is to remove...was down with serious toothache last 5 yrs n it was hell..it was caused by too much cold water bcoz i was chewing ice blocks bk den n it gave my teeth a visible hole dt hunted me with pains especially at nites n wud be crying lyk a kid...asked around n was given a pain killer for tooth (anacin) n it was a temporary aid.. was told to go remove d tooth bt was warned dt it can spreqd to odas nt until mu aunt came bk from her trip to d east n said he bought a seed lyk mixture from inside d bus she was in, d woman dt sold it said d mixture is gotten from snake venom n lizard droplets n some leaves bcox d tin looks lyk marijuanaa...said i take a pinch n aply it to d hole b4 i sleep wich i did n matched it inbetween my teeths n felt no pain dt nite n d next morning i wokeup to spit it out n saw 3 dead worms along with d mixture bt dey wr dead n dts d end of d pain till today...was happy n asked for d contact of d sellee bt d number she gave is still nt available n dts how we lost dt angel...up till now no pains in dt tooth bt i still de fear to carry food go dt side to chew, even sugary drinks or meals no de near dt side of my teeth bcoz dt pains i xperienced b4 d healing no b joke...
Sorry about your ordeal and good to hear you're ok now. If the hole is still there you can simply just go for a fillant to avoid food particles from entering and causing you more pains in the future.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
Do d needful by removing it now. if not u o hear am and still pay double of what u are ask to pay.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Theta1: 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
I have a broken teeth and a teeth with a hole, 6-7years ago, I had serious pain that always make me cry and every neighbour use to come every morning to pity me (I believe you can imagine that shame for a grown up married man). A man gave me some herbal chewing stick and he said I should use it for 5hours. I used it and spit out a lot from my teeth and that is the end of the tooth pain in my life since then. I don't know the name of the stick and the man don relocate back to village.

OP, either you can get a good herb or use the dentist way but that pain is not what someone should be enduring every night. May God heal you
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Prince4945(m): 11:15pm On Apr 26, 2020
I remember last year when I had a terrible tooth ache on my molar , I couldn't even eat nkwobi when presented to me cry...

I went to a private hospital for checkup and they told me the best advice was to remove the tooth and it would cost N90k (ninety thousand naira) .. I forgot my face cap at the hospital as I vanished from that vicinity ..

Then fortunately a nurse in my estate told me to go to a hospital in ojuelegba cause that's where she works, and I had a proper check up and had my molar tooth removed , every thing I spent was roughly N5k (five thousnd naira) and it was all professional. .

Come and see me destroying nkwobi aftrerwards lol

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by placeofallure(f): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2020
I don't know what impacted teeth is. But sometimes ago, a little over 12 years, I used to have tooth ache, but this particular night, after talking plenty suya, couldn't sleep and in the morning, it was straight to the Federal Medical Centre. I removed 2 at once. I remember the dentist telling me I would still need to remove more even though they're not painful at the moment. I went away.

FF to 7 years later, I started feeling pains again, I could only eat with a side of my mouth and I dare not drink anything cold. A friend heard of it and brought me one 'agbo'. It was made with gin and some other local stuff, I know 'ata ijosin' is there. You will just use it like gagging, then spit it out. It's very hot. The hotness in the mouth can turn your head but since then, I've never felt any toothache again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by tsmith(f): 11:17pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:

You not only have just the pain to deal with, but you'd also probably have bad breathe as food atatts3gsrring trapped in the flaps and pockets etc. Only solution is extraction in the meantime regularly rinse/gargle mouth to keep pain at bay.

It terms of getting the treatment cheaper, perhaps you may wish to consider military hospitals etc a they have subsided health care and operate a flat fee regardless of civilian or uniformed. You may need some connections etc but I know someone who gets her dental care from Bonny camp through this route.

Another alternative may be to consider dental students, sometimes they require people for their practical etc only downside is you'd be a specimen and treatment might be more rudimentary. But it is what it is, you need the tretament and can't afford the full cost, so other means would have to do.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by star2008(m): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2020
I just remove mine after rigorous pain I can contain.Today I am better off.Pls get it done fast.I extracted mine for 25k in a private hospital after serious begging n negotiation.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by abdullkabar(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:

Well, @Op, I also felt a lot of pain while mine was growing too(the bottom two)
It got to a stage, it felt like the wisdom teeth was tearing my gum to come out.
I taught it was normal and never bothered.
It eventually came out but half way and stop
I eat mostly with the left side of my mouth/teeth, so lots of food particles were being stuck on the wisdom tooth on the left without being cleaned well because the tooth was half way out.
Sometime ago I had a lot of toothache, only to find out there was a hole developing in between the tooth.
I visited OAUTH and UCH for solution but they had different tale to give me, from unavailability of driller to extract it, to wait for the tooth to break free of the nearby tooth.
I switched to this powdered toothpaste, and it has been OK since then
Though the tooth has broken almost to half and a new tooth is coming underneath
(story of my aching tooth)

maybe I will get it extracted eventually tho
only time will tell
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by MrCaesar: 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
Try Agness Nwmma. Just 100 naira

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Heffalump(m): 11:31pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:

@OP, please and please don't remove any tooth. From your post I could deduce that you're just around mid twenties. Growing molars is not an easy experience. Everyone had it, even in normal situations when the jaw bones are adequate. Sorry to say, you met a quack dentist in your first consultation.

Nature has a way of adjusting itself to changes, especially the human body. It is certain that your small jaw bone will expand and create space for your molars over time. The difference here being that your case may take more time compared to straight cases. This is not the case of tooth rot or hole situation. No extraction please!

The pains in the gums is as a result of the molars trying to grow out by tearing the gum tissues and the jaw bones also trying to adjust itself. Over time, everything will be fine. Just manage with tooth pain relievers like anacin for now. Cheers!
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Boye357: 11:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
Honestly OP
Remove it,Think of it a serious Health challenge because it is,
Removed two last year, 1 was 20k, the other was 50k,
To the dentist's credit, he did a fantastic job removing it bit by bit so it wasnt as painful for the first tooth but the second one was the worst expierience of pain i have ever felt because it was a distal impaction.
If you think you cant afford both, take out one
That was my plan.
Unfortunately, I took out the less painful one first. I guess i misread it
Horizontal impactions that dont come out of your teeth at all can be lived with actually.
But if the tooth came out partially, Its very important to remove it because it creates crevices for germs to chill in and would get infected.
my own was constatly making me sick to the extent i was taking offdays.
I can understand if you cant afford it but try please. Had to ask my dad for my second one.

alwayssparkling:

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by xjiggy: 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
prosperioh:

Does it not give u bad breath
No it doesn't. Just the periodical pain and swellings.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Boye357: 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2020
Do you have medical backing for this because according to the dentist(Who studied it in school) and google, Your jaw wont become bigger,your brain will only learn to better adapt but only in few cases
Also do you know impacted teeth kills because I know a friend of my mom it killed.....It degenerated to ludwig angina causing lockjaw
Heffalump:

@OP, please and please don't remove any tooth. From your post I could deduce that you're just around mid twenties. Growing molars is not an easy experience. Everyone had it, even in normal situations when the jaw bones are adequate. Sorry to say, you met a quack dentist in your first consultation.

Nature has a way of adjusting itself to changes, especially the human body. It is certain that your small jaw bone will expand and create space for your molars over time. The difference here being that your case may take more time compared to straight cases. This is not the case of tooth rot or hole situation. No extraction please!

The pains in the gums is as a result of the molars trying to grow by tearing the gum tissues and the jaw bones also trying to adjust itself. Over time, everything will be fine. Just manage with tooth pain relievers like anacin for now. Cheers!
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Harrynight(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
There is no better way than have it pull out

No matter what people may ask u to take, u will only be wasting money and the pains and discomfort will keep coming, Las Las u will still have it extracted
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by j4jabal: 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2020
alwayssparkling:

call me u will thank me later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Guidance For Self-isolation In Nigeria / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC / Now Available In Nigeria - Fertilaid For Women & Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.