Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? (35321 Views)

Eddyth Obianuju Odidika Dies After Seeking Funds To Treat An Ailment / Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal / How Can I Treat An Itching Anus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by ojkalito(m): 2:48am On Apr 27, 2020
Okay listen..... I think I was about ur age when I had same problem. When my molars started growing and forcing it's way through the gum it came with excruciating pains and fever, I'll be fine for some days and before you know it I feel feverish again. I didn't realize the fever and headache was as a result of a growing tooth,I couldn't even open my mouth wild enough to swallow eba, I treated malaria for so long not until I complained to my brother who advised that I get pain killer. I bought the pain killer for a 150 naira and trust me that was d end of my tooth problem and my two bottom molars grew without any pain. If I should advise you based on my experience I would say get a pain killer and watch yr tooth grow into its forms.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by flyingdutchman(m): 3:08am On Apr 27, 2020
Do not be deceived- I had both of my wisdom teeth extracted abroad (because I was there at the time). I was advised by a Nigerian dentist to remove them, I did not listen, turns out he was correct. Wisdom tooth extraction is expensive EVERYWHERE in the world. Extract it wherever you are.

The only alternative is root canal treatment which is TWICE the cost of extraction. If you dont do it, na embarrassment dey await you in future. Salt water or whatever BS solution is only temporary.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Nicklaus619(m): 3:09am On Apr 27, 2020
alwayssparkling:
hello nairaland doctors i need help here. pls overlook any typo error.

i am over the age where the 4 widom teeth (the molars) of an adult normally grows.

the thing is while the two molars at the top jaw grew without any problem, the other bottom two refused to grow out. i really didnt notice until two year ago when i started having gum aches from both sides of my bottom jaw. at first the pain was mild but it came back two weeks later and this time it was more severe. this made me count my teeth and i discovered i only had 30 teeth instead of 32.

i didnt take it seriously but the aches continued forcing me to see a dentist.
after a minute checkup the doctor told me i had a condition known as an impacted tooth. according to him, my bottom jaw was smaller than my teeth set and that made it impossible for my molars to grow out. he said the pain i felt was due to the two molars trying to push against the obstruction of the jaw.

i asked for a soln and he told me that the only way pluck out the molars. i didnt have a problem with that until i asked for the price.

he told me that the removal of both teeth would cost 15k each. i shouted and he shouted back. i left the office angrily but not before he told me that by the time i get to 26 i will be the one begging for the procedure.

the truth is since the time i did that checkup the gum aches have been coming up periodically. i have been fighting it with warm water and salt but the pain normally comes back after a couple of weeks with each emergence more severe than the last.

so i really want to know if there is another alternative to deal with the ache without parting with my 30k.

i recently noticed with the help of a mirror that there have been little signs of the molars showing up, though majority of the whole is still buried under the jaw.

Lols op calm down, I was in your shoes some years ago, my own pain was so severe that I couldn't bite my food properly, I was imagining , how could I have only 30 teeth

But I did nothing to my teeth, I didn't visit any dentist, I endured the pain and it passed, I am in above your age and not up to 30years but guess who now have 32 teeth grin

It has grew on it own, don't force it, don't remove your gum, it will grow when the time comes, many people has died doing dental surgery than. Normal surgery, don't risk your life

Give it time, it will pop up, that dentist put fear for your body to chop you 30k cheesy
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Ernest5: 4:05am On Apr 27, 2020
The only solution is extraction. I have impacted teeth now but no pain. The dentist has already told me so I'm not scared.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by candyguyofficia(m): 4:16am On Apr 27, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Go for an extraction.....

Not all dental surgeries can undertake such extractions.....

It might be a risky procedure and necessary medical precautions are required......

NB : Weigh the constant pain vs 30K....... Severe toothache can make you pull your hair out......

In the interim, if cash is low. Ask your dentist the cost of extricating the nerves.
At bolded, he is complaining the cost of extraction which is 30k is it the cost of extracting the nerve that he can pay? The procedure for the 2 teeth will cost him nothing less than 95k minimum (depending on the clinic). If he doubt me he should go and contact the dentist thereafter post the cost he was charged
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by harosho07(m): 4:18am On Apr 27, 2020
Use Forever Aloe Toothgel and thank me later. Will cost you around N2,500.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by DAVE5(m): 4:28am On Apr 27, 2020
omonighoblessing:
I removed 5 of my tooth and I was about removing the 6th before I came in contact with a man who just applied some chemicals on my teeth and gum and all the Worms
just found their way out!!!! 15 of them I could count. Jesus can u imagine. After the worms were out I have felt no pain again and I only spent 3k for it

Pls how can I come in contact with this said man cos my own teeth don get black hole, felt pain but kinda bearable so I don't know what to expect

I think I've seen such peeps in my area when I was very young, came to our neighborhood and challenged people with tooth ache, worms were removed, abeg are the worms big cos the irritation from the sight of the worms coming out my mouth if I did such cld have significant psych effect could small thing dey quick irritate me
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by DAVE5(m): 4:31am On Apr 27, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
When the pain comes, you will be begging the doctor to extract it for N100k grin. The only permanent solution is extraction. Everything else is you wasting money till the extraction. You might as well cut to the chase.

Why not compare prices with other dentists?

If you are that broke, try and get into a bar fight. Someone will knock it out for free.

\

What if they knock out ten teeth for him and the affected tooth is not one of the ten, square minus10 niyen
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by keemson4(m): 4:41am On Apr 27, 2020
alwayssparkling:

i recently noticed with the help of a mirror that there have been little signs of the molars showing up, though majority of the whole is still buried under the jaw.

[/color]
If you are in Lagos then you could call Walahi I'm Akeem staying around iPaja and even fasting, snap these words and tell the whole NairaLand... You will never hear it again for Life and that thing is even inheritance and my cure would Help a lot.

+2348060649667[color=#000000]
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by AreaFada2: 4:56am On Apr 27, 2020
Sadly, if it's giving pain already, extraction is almost inevitable.

Otherwise it can become infected, form a cyst or affect your gum and jaw bone.

So save yourself more pain.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by sagaciousblog: 5:06am On Apr 27, 2020
nsiba:

I guess you must be a dentist, you guys will always want to frighten people with your USELESS dental terminology
You must be one of those young destructive dentist looking for cash....look here Mister don't come in here and be blowing medical grammar, I have it and many others don't scare people with your cheap blackmail
You are very wrong for using the term "USELESS" on a whole profession. Goes to show much about how uncouth you are. Regardless of what you read on Google, the only remedy to this situation is surgery. The OP can do whatever he likes for the time being, but he would still fall back to surgery when the real pain starts and you won't be there to cry with him.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Beey(f): 5:11am On Apr 27, 2020
alwayssparkling:

i am over the age where the 4 widom teeth (the molars) of an adult normally grows.

the thing is while the two molars at the top jaw grew without any problem, the other bottom two refused to grow out. i really didnt notice until two year ago when i started having gum aches from both sides of my bottom jaw. at first the pain was mild but it came back two weeks later and this time it was more severe. this made me count my teeth and i discovered i only had 30 teeth instead of 32.

i didnt take it seriously but the aches continued forcing me to see a dentist.
after a minute checkup the doctor told me i had a condition known as an impacted tooth. according to him, my bottom jaw was smaller than my teeth set and that made it impossible for my molars to grow out. he said the pain i felt was due to the two molars trying to push against the obstruction of the jaw.

i asked for a soln and he told me that the only way pluck out the molars. i didnt have a problem with that until i asked for the price.

he told me that the removal of both teeth would cost 15k each. i shouted and he shouted back. i left the office angrily but not before he told me that by the time i get to 26 i will be the one begging for the procedure.

the truth is since the time i did that checkup the gum aches have been coming up periodically. i have been fighting it with warm water and salt but the pain normally comes back after a couple of weeks with each emergence more severe than the last.

so i really want to know if there is another alternative to deal with the ache without parting with my 30k.

Unfortunately, there’s no other way.Last year I had the dental surgeon pull out 4 Molars on the same day.The front ones I got a root canal .I had been refusing to have them extracted but, with time the pain got worse till it was unbearable.You see an impacted tooth is partially under the gum. Food gets trapped breeding germs & causes the tooth to get infected. Btw extraction will give you rest & you heal very fast if all goes well.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Nobody: 5:15am On Apr 27, 2020
Evaberry:
No There is no other way, I had an impacted wisdom tooth and had to remove it, the earlier you do it the better. Brace yourself OP it’s going to be the worst pain you’ve ever felt

I had an impacted tooth but the milk tooth replacing it got tired and painful and I removed it. Did you remove the impacted tooth or both the tooth and the one it was hiding under?

I'm asking because I don't understand how the one under can be removed without the one above it affected.

2 Likes

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by sagaciousblog: 5:19am On Apr 27, 2020
Beey:
Unfortunately, there’s no other way.Last year I had the dental surgeon pull out 4 Molars on the same day.The front ones I got a root canal .I had been refusing to have them extracted but, with time the pain got worse till it was unbearable.You see an impacted tooth is partially under the gum. Food gets trapped breeding germs & causes the tooth to get infected. Btw extraction will give you rest & you heal very fast if all goes well.
Let the OP finish using his "camphor" and "touch n go" first. He will still go back to beg the Dentist grin someone having severe pain won't have time to come seek opinion on nairaland. Africans always looking for shortcuts.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by heysquare(m): 5:20am On Apr 27, 2020
I have been managing mine for a decade now! I only have pain when I take something too hot or chew something too strong which compress it the pain will start like now I'm having d pain and is relieving me because of salt and warm water I'm using.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by kitone: 5:37am On Apr 27, 2020
I don't understand the way we reason again ,you had tooth problem and went to the dentist he that is a professional had told you what to do but you still came to nairaland to ask people that don't know any thing about the tooth for advise.that 15k is even cheap that should have been a general hospital or certainly not in lagos .if you want my advise go and put pertrol in your mouth and ignite a match so your mouth go just burn throw way grin. Shebi na advise you want abi myshewwwww

aaking:

Don't remove it or waste your money .
Buy kafura pelebe. Put it inside bottle water but half of the water is good to use with 3or4 cubes of the kafura .

Modified

To the ones thinking is joke. See d one am using at home just snap it now
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by grandstar(m): 5:45am On Apr 27, 2020
paulolee:
heard d only permanent solution is to remove...was down with serious toothache last 5 yrs n it was hell..it was caused by too much cold water bcoz i was chewing ice blocks bk den n it gave my teeth a visible hole dt hunted me with pains especially at nites n wud be crying lyk a kid...asked around n was given a pain killer for tooth (anacin) n it was a temporary aid.. was told to go remove d tooth bt was warned dt it can spreqd to odas nt until mu aunt came bk from her trip to d east n said he bought a seed lyk mixture from inside d bus she was in, d woman dt sold it said d mixture is gotten from snake venom n lizard droplets n some leaves bcox d tin looks lyk marijuanaa...said i take a pinch n aply it to d hole b4 i sleep wich i did n matched it inbetween my teeths n felt no pain dt nite n d next morning i wokeup to spit it out n saw 3 dead worms along with d mixture bt dey wr dead n dts d end of d pain till today...was happy n asked for d contact of d sellee bt d number she gave is still nt available n dts how we lost dt angel...up till now no pains in dt tooth bt i still de fear to carry food go dt side to chew, even sugary drinks or meals no de near dt side of my teeth bcoz dt pains i xperienced b4 d healing no b joke...

Agbalabga, you dey chew ice block? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by bujebudanu1(m): 5:47am On Apr 27, 2020
faithfull18:
Nawa o, while some of us have 33 and are still growing tooth painlessly, some aren't having it easy.

I have removed 4 teeth ( the 2 wisdom teeth, and other two)
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by bujebudanu1(m): 5:49am On Apr 27, 2020
kitone:
I don't understand the way we reason again ,you had tooth problem and went to the dentist he that is a professional had told you what to do but you still came to nairaland to ask people that don't know any thing about the tooth for advise.that 15k is even cheap that should have been a general hospital or certainly not in lagos .if you want my advise go and put pertrol in your mouth and ignite a match so your mouth go just burn throw way grin. Shebi na advise you want abi myshewwwww

Same wisdom teeth issue.removed mine #68k.

They added removal , scaling and so many things to the bill
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Parisian: 5:52am On Apr 27, 2020
Always sparkling

Just 30k and you're complaining.

Let me give you a very good advice. Never ever joke with your teeth. Never play with your health as well. Just last December I was billed 100k for one extraction and 6 or 7 refills. I would've paid the entire money but the dentist did some backyard runs and asked me to pay 50k so that was what I paid.

30k is not worth your life. If I listened to my mom when she was asking me to go see the dentist I wouldn't have needed an extraction buti left it for four months while using salt and water solution that did no good.

Like your doctor said very soon you will be the one to run there. Brace up for when the pain gets so excruciating you'd feel you wanna die.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by dav29: 5:53am On Apr 27, 2020
yeah bro, I do have a way to treat it traditionally, I don't have to remove any teeth again.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by dav29: 5:55am On Apr 27, 2020
yeah bro, I do have a way to treat it traditionally, I don't have to remove any teeth again
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by dominique(f): 5:56am On Apr 27, 2020
Theta1:
I have a broken teeth and a teeth with a hole, 6-7years ago, I had serious pain that always make me cry and every neighbour use to come every morning to pity me (I believe you can imagine that shame for a grown up married man). A man gave me some herbal chewing stick and he said I should use it for 5hours. I used it and spit out a lot from my teeth and that is the end of the tooth pain in my life since then. I don't know the name of the stick and the man don relocate back to village.

OP, either you can get a good herb or use the dentist way but that pain is not what someone should be enduring every night. May God heal you

I think know it, it has a pepperish aftertaste. You can get from women that sell herbs (not agbo hawkers o). Yorubas call them elewe omo.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Taiwo20(m): 5:56am On Apr 27, 2020
The only other way that I know of that is very cost effective us to get punched severely in the jaw.

That would reset your dentition and make your molars come forth.

You are welcome
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by nsiba: 5:56am On Apr 27, 2020
sagaciousblog:
You are very wrong for using the term "USELESS" on a whole profession. Goes to show much about how uncouth you are. Regardless of what you read on Google, the only remedy to this situation is surgery. The OP can do whatever he likes for the time being, but he would still fall back to surgery when the real pain starts and you won't be there to cry with him.

That was what my senior cousin was told more than 20yrs ago by his dentist friend.
He is still alive and kicking even in better health for his age?
If you ain't up to 20years in practice plz stop giving advice
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by sagaciousblog: 6:09am On Apr 27, 2020
nsiba:

That was what my senior cousin was told more than 20yrs ago by his dentist friend.
He is still alive and kicking even in better health for his age?
If you ain't up to 20years in practice plz stop giving advice
okay Mr 20years. Now I see it's pointless replying people like you.
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by nsiba: 6:10am On Apr 27, 2020
sagaciousblog:
okay Mr 20years. Now I see it's pointless replying people like you.

Plz just shut up
Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by Parisian: 6:11am On Apr 27, 2020
How does brushing solve an impacted tooth problem? Lmao.
OjaTiBurst:
Toothache is something else

Since over a year they told me at Surulere general hospital that mine will be surgical extraction i told them ok i will back

Since i no near there

Take a pain killer drug prescribed by a dentist for just this immediate pain.

Brush morning and night and always make sure you never go to bed at night without brushing

Do this for two weeks and see the magic

Note: Be consistent with the brushing especially at night.

Re: Is There A Way To Treat An Impacted Tooth Without Removal? by sagaciousblog: 6:12am On Apr 27, 2020
nsiba:

Plz just shut up
continue displaying your manners cheesy cheesy just tell us your senior cousin is broke and couldn't afford the procedure thus resorting to bearing it angry if you check comments on this thread, you would know those who have the money didn't shout but just carried out the procedure. People like you use Camphor and fuel till it deteriorates to its lowest ebb then you start looking for government hospital to pitch your tent. When there's complication, you now start shouting about how our health Care system is bad or how our doctors are quark. A stitch in time saves nine. That's my last reply to you Mr 20years grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Church Usher Commits Suicide After Accused Of Defiling His Neighbour's Daughter / How COVID-19 Tests Are Carried Out: 12 Things To Know - NCDC / Now Available In Nigeria - Fertilaid For Women & Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.