Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,545 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160603 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2020
MadeMan01:

Enter bus going to obalende , from there to ajah. Drop at Lekki third roundabout. Walk in or take shuttle to VFSGLOBAL opposite treasure garden estate

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2020
Noms11:

Applied July 8th

We are processing your background check... a day or two after.

24th July - We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility... ( Then status began to show ‘Your Action Required’ I guess Cos of pending biometrics)

8th August - Status changed to ‘Submitted’. It’s been like that since then!

Everything seems fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:32am On Aug 24, 2020
rebeccausoro:
Finished my biometrics and it has been updated, barely 1 hour after I did it. cool cool

Medicals passed
Biometrics done
AIP received
PPR next.

So it will be for all of us.
A Big Congratulations to u

Amen!!! So shall it be smiley smiley

I got a question,

Does Upfront Medicals take long to reflect in one's profile?, No medical result Review yet....
cos presently here it still says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by philonyx: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2020
rebeccausoro:
Finished my biometrics and it has been updated, barely 1 hour after I did it. cool cool

Medicals passed
Biometrics done
AIP received
PPR next.

So it will be for all of us.

Wow... Congratulations to you! Please when did you apply and what was your account showing before now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 11:54am On Aug 24, 2020
Biometrics done earlier today has been updated to my profile. Refreshing indeed. Awaiting QLife to upload my medical later this week

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
meelola007:
Good morning everyone,

Pls I would like your help in clarifying a few concerns before I submit my student visa application.

1.),My brother is my sponsor but I am married with a child. He has more than enough funds for this but they are in 1 savings account, 1 salary account and 1 business account (my dad is one of the directors of this business). How do we go about sending a bank statement? Do we need a statement for each of the accounts?

2.) My husband and child will be applying alongside me because the programme is for just 1 year and our thought is that if I go first and they apply afterwards, we can be denied because the program will be almost over.

3.) Since my brother is my sponsor and my husband is sponsoring himself and our child, will there be a need for me to submit employment letter and salary account statement.
The thing is since I resigned, I have been using my friend's business account and name to run a side gig and inflow from that account to mine is not consistent and can't fit into a recent 4 month bank statement. Pls advise on my best option regarding this.

Thank you so much guys and I really hope I get a response.

Hello Meelola007,

It makes no sense in my opinion that your brother is sponsoring you and then your husband is sponsoring himself and your child as accompany dependent. Don't misquote me, it can be actually done. The curious wonder becomes why can't he just sponsor you since he's beyond capable.

I don't know the age of your child and going by your profile, funds seems to be a little bit of the challenge here. It would be better for your husband to make available the funds met to sponsor himself and child for your study. Doing this makes him the sponsor and your brother a cosponsor or rather give your a letter of support by making the necessary funds available to you prior to your application.

If you're abreast with the past information shared in here, then the duration of your study shouldn't be a thing of bother. As a matured applicant, it is very necessary to show proof of your source of funds and other factors that could help the VO assess your level of establishment in your CoR. Do well to include documents that substantiate that you're engaged in an activity. Even if the inflows/outflows is poor and closing balance is small, still include it but do very well to demonstrate that your earnings comes in cash flows mostly. Hence, by presenting tangible investments (business or financial) could be enough reason to make a point.

Since your brother is capable, he can Fx in some funds in your name or raise a bank draft sufficient enough to cover your LE and part of your tuition for the purpose of your application, which should be included when you submit.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello good day .I have a desire to run a master's Degree in Canada and my field of scope is Political science, Public Administration or human resource management or operational management. Please which Universities in Canada are relatively affordable and offer such programmes ? Any reply with Information I need is highly welcomed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
mayored:
Hi Gurus, kindly assist.

I plan to do upfront medical after submitting my application in May with no update, school starts next month end. I hope this fine? In addition;

1. Can I also inform the VO that I now have more funds in my acct, just to strengthen my application?

2. Should I include a copy of my latest SOA as proof?

Thanks,

Hello Mayored,

If you haven't gotten the AIP yet, you should make effort to get your notes.

If your financial situation has improved, then its advised to forward it to IRCC. It will help your application if a decision hasn't been made before now.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2020
Tracy2020:
Please any one starting classes this September in University of Manitoba? Kindly reach out please
good afternoon...yes..I am starting my classes by September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
justwise:

It’s you

Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yinkagbo(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
Anon123:

As you can see.. People are applying for visas knowing fully well about the pandemic next year. To even shock you vac offices opens tomorrow and international flights starts 29th of this month. Also visa approval seems to be on the high side considering the losses Canada has incurred during the global lock down. So this is the best time dear

Thanks bro....I am to start applying to some schools but someone just told me that I should not apply to school that require for 500usd deposit but I should do for schools that require like 5000usd or 8000usd with this I will have higher chance or assurance of my application been granted .....what is your view on this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
gustav25:
Hello good day .I have a desire to run a master's Degree in Canada and my field of scope is Political science, Public Administration or human resource management or operational management. Please which Universities in Canada are relatively affordable and offer such programmes ? Any reply with Information I need is highly welcomed
Visit the link for skools offering

MASTERS in POLITICAL SCIENCE in CANADA
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Political+science&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Public+Administration&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

MASTERS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MGT.
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Human+Resource+Management&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

VERY IMPORTANTLY!!!
Do visit this link below to know How to craft
your Masters Admission Application well , Getting a Supervisor and also Increasing your chances of getting admitted & also the possibility of getting a partially or fully-thesis based Masters scholarship

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

As regards tuition affordability,
visit the link below and check out affordable skools and check if they av Masters Program with ur field of scope
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/11

Since there are lots of skools in the 3-programs u mentioned, Google their respective websites and and check their Tuition for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Yinkagbo:

Thanks bro....I am to start applying to some schools but someone just told me that I should not apply to school that require for 500usd deposit but I should do for schools that require like 5000usd or 8000usd with this I will have higher chance or assurance of my application been granted .....what is your view on this?

This is a lie pls.. Visa approval lies on how you package your visa application and not the school you applied to or the tuition deposit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for the heads up

Tonyodg:
*Requirement for Biometrics*

Go with
(1) International passport
(2) 2 photocopies of your datapage. Write your email address and mobile number at the top of both pages.
(3) Print the IRCC letter of Biometrics
(4) Print the Confirmation of biometrics appointment sent to you by vfs.
(5) Pen to fill a form.
You are good to go.

In addition to the above, Canada Biometrics submission center is upstairs when u get to VFS office.
Meet the security at the entrance who will issue a ticket to you, then u will be directed to another security guard who will issue 2 consent forms for you to fill. After filling the forms, wait till ur ticket number is called. It's at the counter u will submit all the documents you came with including the form you just filled. Ur documents will be placed in a pouch and you will be directed to where ur Biometrics will be taken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

A Big Congratulations to u

Amen!!! So shall it be smiley smiley

I got a question,

Does Upfront Medicals take long to reflect in one's profile?, No medical result Review yet....
cos presently here it still says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes"

It would be reflected after 10-15 days.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mrolusoji: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
House, thanks for having you. I need assistance. I've been unable to book biometric appointment on vfsglobal for Canada, may I know if anyone can help me out. I'll be glad. Would u mind say hello to diverstouchcompany at gmail dot com.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2020
rebeccausoro:

It would be reflected after 10-15 days.
Aiit ma'am.... thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ucy12,

Three weeks is enough time to look out for the possibility of things to fall in place. However, I think you should care your school along with any encounter you may experience. If you reason with them wisely, a sympathic extension may be granted. The early notice to them the better.

Given that most schools resumption will be commencing on 9th September or after, IRCC maybe working towards this timeframe to dole out their final decision. Though there may be exceptions given that Fall applicants have till September 15th to put in their applications. In my own observation, I think IRCC would process Fall 2021 applications from September through December along with Winter 2021 application. Reason being to the travel restriction in Canada and the 50% online studies outside Canada.

To your question on whether to relax or not, I believe your notes will be most appropriate to advise you. As usual, I believe SP applicants will still get the final decision without PCC. However, if its so required this time around, it will surely be requested.

All the best

Thank you so much, JustMellow, for throwing more light to this. Your advice would really help. God bless you, sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kentz3: 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
hello guys according to university of windsor they accepted cgpa for graduate admission is 70% , how can i convert my Nigeria cgpa to know if i meet up with this 70% cgap. my cgpa is (3.81/5 )
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Online booking seems to be the surest via their website
Try another Browser (like Google Chrome)

HOW TO BOOK FOR MEDICALS at IOMHAC Lagos or Abuja Center (Upfront Medical or if u got a Medical Invite)

1. I used their website and it worked fine for me. - https://mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/

2) Go with your International passport. However, if you currently have a medical condition, go with your report and prescription.

3) If it is medical request, they won't give you anything to upload. If upfront, you will get a slip to upload.

4) Please do well to go there with proof of payment of medical fees.
I did not print my transfer slip and that caused a little delay for me. The officer wanted to send me out to print it but I had to practically force him to print it with the printer in the office.
This method may not work for everyone so please go there with the print out of your transfer. Also try to do the transfer two days before your appointment date. It'll make confirmation easy for you. In my case, the officer wrote "Pending" on my progress slip because they were yet to confirm transfer. Save yourself that hurdle.

Further advice:
- Go early. Book for 8am.
- Drink plenty of water before the medical screening.
- Relax, It takes approximately 2 hours 30 minutes. If you are healthy, you will be fine

Credits :@rebeccausoro

This is really helpful. Thank you. I have been able to book.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jesusrules24: 1:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
joyenaholo11:
Hi, I did mine last week.
The website doesn’t work, so you’ll have to send them an email and they’ll respond with what you need to do.

Thank you. I have been able to book. I used email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mzruffy: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good afternoon, pls what abt does have booked for biometric before luckdown are we booking new date because a friend of mine said she asked to book a new date on getting there this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mzruffy:
Good afternoon, pls what abt does have booked for biometric before luckdown are we booking new date because a friend of mine said she asked to book a new date on getting there this morning.
yes oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello house,
Please I want to find out how long it takes for IOM to send medical report and how long it takes for it to be updated on the profile?
I did mine last week wednesday (not upfront) and there is not update yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello house,
Please I want to find out how long it takes for IOM to send medical report and how long it takes for it to be updated on the profile?
I did mine last week wednesday (not upfront) and there is not update yet.

4 working days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
mrolusoji:
House, thanks for having you. I need assistance. I've been unable to book biometric appointment on vfsglobal for Canada, may I know if anyone can help me out. I'll be glad. Would u mind say hello to diverstouchcompany at gmail dot com.
Thanks

Pls ask your questions here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by websta: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello guys, I'm applying for a 1year graduate Certificate program.. Will I get a permit to stay after schooling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
websta:
Hello guys, I'm applying for a 1year graduate Certificate program.. Will I get a permit to stay after schooling?

Yes but just for a year.. if you want more you have to run a 2years program e.g a masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello guys, please can you advise on this situation as I dont know what else to do

On July 14, 2020, I submitted my application for a study permit. I did an upfront medical examination and attached an e-medical information sheet evidencing same to my application.

On July 24, 2020, I received an email requesting that I undergo a medical examination. I raised a web-form attaching the evidence sent to me by my Panel Physician (Q-life Family Clinic) confirming that my medical report was indeed sent to IRCC and clearly reflecting the date that same was sent (June 25, 2020).

On July 29, 2020, I received a response from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship[b] Canada,[/b] informing me that they had received this document and forwarded same to their Nairobi office.

On August 13, 2020, I sent a follow up email to "nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca" regarding this issue to confirm that they had indeed the document from their Canadian office.

Today makes it 30 days since I received the request for medicals and the status on my account now reads: “We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.”

I have raised yet another webform to Nairobi this morning to avoid stories that touch.

Wondering if there is any other thing I can do. Should I be worried?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
websta:

No.. You will need to gain admission for a further 1yr program and also extend you stay by submitting a fresh pof to have a chance towards a PR. Rather its better you apply for a 2yrs course to save you that stressful in future
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank you.
Anon123:

4 working days
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good day @all,

Please with regards to passport collection and stamping, when does one get notified on submission of passport? especially after biometrics has been done

Will somebody's international passport have to be flown abroad or will the stamping be done here in Nigeria?

I'm clearly ignorant in this area, hence my reason for asking

I look forward to hearing from someone soon...Thank you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.