Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159429 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Miide2:

All right thank you
But will you suggest I withdraw my application and reapply online?

Have you tried linking your paper application to online ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by femzyacess: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hi sorry for the late response, it should be in by now if it's over 1 month.. go to your bank with the telex the sch shared with you so as to enable the head office team trace from treasury operations...

thanks
dguyindcorner:

Wow!!! Some enlightenment here boss.
I should have used a dom account, that took less than a week to process the one that I witnessed. Someone helped me to transfer the school fee to them. I don't know if he used card or transfer.

In essence, are you're saying the bank will credit me when it's time without me going to them (Nigerian bank)?
If yes, how long do you think the whole process take? It's already over a month though (July 23).

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 5:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Miide2:

All right thank you
But will you suggest I withdraw my application and reapply online?

Please don't withdraw your application for now. At this stage, I can advise you to order for your case notes to know if your application has been touched since you applied for visa. If you find out your application hasn't been reviewed by a Senior immigration officer, then I would suggest you proceed with the withdrawal request.

Keep me posted once you've received the case notes of your application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
bisolaemilia:
I submitted my application on the 17th of July, is it advisable I order for my gcms notes now?

Also I initially submitted my study permit application for the University of New Brunswick(I also paid like 90% of my fees because the school said its fully refundable as long as I dont start online) but luckily I got another admission recently at the University of Manitoba, with a supervisor who is also willing to fund me (20k CAD per year) plus its a research area I prefer.

How would you advise I update my current running application as I would prefer this new admission? Background processing and Eligibility review has been running since 19th of July..

Looking forward to your response. Thanks

Looking at your application from a glance, I think it's too early to opt for a GCMS note because there might be no new information and/or activity on your file. Again, you can't change a DLI when your application is still in process at the visa office. You will have to wait until your application has been finalized prior to updating IRCC on your MyCIC account about the new acceptance from the DLI.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Anon123:

Have you tried linking your paper application to online ?

Yeahh I did that the day I submitted my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 6:51pm On Aug 26, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please don't withdraw your application for now. At this stage, I can advise you to order for your case notes to know if your application has been touched since you applied for visa. If you find out your application hasn't been reviewed by a Senior immigration officer, then I would suggest you proceed with the withdrawal request.

Keep me posted once you've received the case notes of your application.

It will end in praise

I ordered for gcms on Sunday.. I’d keep you posted
Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tipian: 7:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

There are no cheaper schools for a Post Graduate Diploma in any of those provinces you enumerated. If you're searching for cheap schools, then you should channel your search on some of the schools in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada. More importantly, however, their programs in the Atlantic region are usually 1 year duration.

It will end in praise.

Thank you for responding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
New new
I really don’t understand IRCC the first tweet says 50% must be in Canada now second tweet is contradicting saying 8-12 months in your country smh

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 7:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Tonyodg:
New new
I really don’t understand IRCC the first tweet says 50% must be in Canada now second tweet is contradicting saying 8-12 months in your country smh
I think they are saying we can complete our study online study in our country of residence and just travel for our PWGP after the study is completed.
It’s also says as long as your study is completed , You can always apply for your PWGP anytime. We really need them to clarify things soon sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
April 2021? What's even wrong with these poeple

Tonyodg:
New new
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by princejunaid(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Wat can I use as tiers to home country. Can I use my marriage certificates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
April 2021? What's even wrong with these poeple

I'm weak af
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello house,
Please I haven’t gotten any update on my profile about the medicals yet, I did it a week ago. Should I send a mail to IOM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jskill(m): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Well done guys, please how can one know the Visa Office handling his application submitted online? Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Dameelee:
Hello house,
Please I haven’t gotten any update on my profile about the medicals yet, I did it a week ago. Should I send a mail to IOM?

Was it an upfront medical or medical request? If in the case of a medical request, kindly give it some time it will be updated on your MyCIC account. And on the condition that it is an upfront medicals, please scan and email the E-medical slip to IRCC.

Let me know if the problem persist and I'll provide you another viable option.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Jskill:
Well done guys, please how can one know the Visa Office handling his application submitted online? Thank you �

Kenya, Nairobi immigration office are presently in charge of all the temporary resident visa applications from Nigeria. Please contact them should you want to enquire about the current status of your application.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
princejunaid:
Wat can I use as tiers to home country. Can I use my marriage certificates

Are you married and you will be leaving your spouse and kids behind? You need the following documents to proof sufficient ties back home.

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Children Birth Certificate
3. Parents intl bio data pages.
4. Landed property documents.
5. Leave of absence from your current place of work.
6. Investment in the banks
7. Valuation Report of a building.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zeb04(f): 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello guys , i need some clarification. My dad is sponsoring my studies.

I am planning to use my salary account. Should he send the money to my account at once with a letter of explanation or should he put it in bits( i heard it is better to run your account in bits)

Secondly must it be done 3 months before the time of application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Tonyodg:
New new

Why will you collect so much money and still want people to study online. They will change their policy again. This people are very clever and smart.

The inconsistencies in their policy is a clear evidence that they are up to something sinister.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by freshStarz: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lekiboboe:

First of all Note that:
U need to secure a Supervisor bfor you can get a Masters Admission

Also Most Masters Admission are only available for Fall Intake (September), so u should be looking out for September 2021 intake and the admission process do take like 2-5 months

Visit the link below and check for schools offering Masters in Microbiology & Microbiology Related Programs
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Microbiology&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Google the schools and the Dept. one after the other, visit their staff profiles so you can meet potential supervisors in which u can mail to know if they are accepting students for the next intake (Fall September 2021 Intake)

Make sure you select lots of schools as much as u can, cos u will be sending mails to lots of potential supervisors (Prof/Dr)

Visit the link below on how to secure a Potential Supervisor and some other vital information
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
I got medical request, hopefully I get a reply soon.
Frankrobbn1:

Was it an upfront medical or medical request? If in the case of a medical request, kindly give it some time it will be updated on your MyCIC account. And on the condition that it is an upfront medicals, please scan and email the E-medical slip to IRCC.

Let me know if the problem persist and I'll provide you another viable option.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zill001: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2020
Urrch:

Why will you collect so much money and still want people to study online. They will change their policy again. This people are very clever and smart.

The inconsistencies in their policy is a clear evidence that they are up to something sinister.

Their policy hasn't changed. If anything they have made it easier for people whose studies online have already taken up 50% of their study period especially those that started in May. What they are basically saying is that people in such situations can carry on studying online to complete their studies and still be eligible for pgwp. Before now, there was uproar from Indian students who started their studies in May. Its almost September and travel restrictions are still in place. This takes care of those people. For people that will start their online studies this September, they can as well continue to study online till April 2021 and still be eligible for pgwp. With this news, am believing that travel restrictions might not be eased soon

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dguyindcorner(m): 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
femzyacess:

Hi sorry for the late response, it should be in by now if it's over 1 month.. go to your bank with the telex the sch shared with you so as to enable the head office team trace from treasury operations...

thanks

Think you.
I have done this last week as stated earlier on, the bank is telling me after further review on the account, the fund is not yet credited. But the school said it has been sent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by femzyacess: 1:43am On Aug 27, 2020
Ok give till end of next week or get someone you can be calling from treasury, what bank if thats ok ....so i can see if i can help out

cheers
dguyindcorner:

Think you.
I have done this last week as stated earlier on, the bank is telling me after further review on the account, the fund is not yet credited. But the school said it has been sent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 3:29am On Aug 27, 2020
Yes I think so
timilehinemmanu:
But Please why is Regina University slow with the application is it due to the Covid19
Please guru
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 3:38am On Aug 27, 2020
Nice One thanks ND God Bless for this Useful information
Lekiboboe:

This is the link
Kenya, Nairobi Webform Link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

Also send the e-medical sheet to the Nairobi CIC immigration e-mail address
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
the day I did my Medicals.

Use this letter format and attach the e-medical slip to send the e-mail to them

(its still the same content of this letter u gonna write in the body of your Webform)

SUBJECT: UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT (e-medical information sheet)  FOR MY APPLICATION

Respected Sir/Ma,

I hope this mail meets you well.

My name is "as written on ur passport" , I am contacting you with regards to an UPFRONT MEDICAL ASSESSMENT I did today or any other day, Month day, 2020.

Please upload this additional document for my medical exam and attach it to my application.

My Application Number is xxxxxx, and my UCI number is xxxxxxx

High Regards,
Ur full name as written on Ur passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by damosh360(m): 4:34am On Aug 27, 2020
Hello everyone kindly advice me. pls is it advisable to book for medicals exam when ones medical status reads; we are reviewing the results of yr medical exam despite d fact dat I've neither done any medical b4 or upfront medical. can I go ahead to bk for medical. I'm kind of confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jskill(m): 5:19am On Aug 27, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Kenya, Nairobi immigration office are presently in charge of all the temporary resident visa applications from Nigeria. Please contact them should you want to enquire about the current status of your application.

It will end in praise

Thank you so much! Can one request for GCMS notes and also send them mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:24am On Aug 27, 2020
Londonboi7960:
Nice One thanks ND God Bless for this Useful information
U are welcome Honorable ,Amen!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 7:13am On Aug 27, 2020
damosh360:
Hello everyone kindly advice me. pls is it advisable to book for medicals exam when ones medical status reads; we are reviewing the results of yr medical exam despite d fact dat I've neither done any medical b4 or upfront medical. can I go ahead to bk for medical. I'm kind of confused

You can, it's a good news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owee: 7:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Miide2:

I ordered for gcms on Sunday.. I’d keep you posted
Thank you

How did you apply for the notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:33am On Aug 27, 2020
But EE immigrants have been travelling to Canada, is it only students that can have corona? Abi covid is not the problem? The price of their tuition fee is only justified with the travel history and international exposure to be achieved.. They should think straight o cos we'll be spending more studying online, abi they'll share data.. Lol

zill001:

Their policy hasn't changed. If anything they have made it easier for people whose studies online have already taken up 50% of their study period especially those that started in May. What they are basically saying is that people in such situations can carry on studying online to complete their studies and still be eligible for pgwp. Before now, there was uproar from Indian students who started their studies in May. Its almost September and travel restrictions are still in place. This takes care of those people. For people that will start their online studies this September, they can as well continue to study online till April 2021 and still be eligible for pgwp. With this news, am believing that travel restrictions might not be eased soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)