Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,093 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155506 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Hamilah11(f): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2020
Hi guys. This post is to encourage those with AIP. I applied for my notes after receiving my Aip because I was worried about it not being genuine based on what has been posted here. This is my profile;
Applied July 25
Recieved AIP August 5
Received medical request August 6
Passed medicals August 14
I applied for the notes August 23 before doing my biometrics on the 28th so it didnt reflect. Apparently it shows positive stage 1 eligibility.
An original passport correspondence was also shown in my notes but hasnt been sent probably because of Covid.
I think it's safe to say the AIP is genuine. I wish everyone success. Those waiting for AIP too, may you all receive it soon.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2020
mantleouchtele:
Good Morning All,

Please for those that had received the Original Passport Request earlier and deferred the Admission.

Please did you send an updated LOA to IRCC? or there is no need.

I would really appreciate feedbacks

I havent heard of anyone that has gotten passport request but as for your updated LOA, pls send via webform. Google "canadian webform", the rest is easy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:20am On Sep 17, 2020
UBCcookies:
Good morning all, please can one order for a gcms note even if the application is being handled by a paid representative? Will it affect it or they wiil be informed?

Lastly, which site is the fastest to order for it please?
". Thanks

Yes you can apply without a paid representative knowing as long as you your UCI number and application number.

No site is the fastest. Standard time is 15-30working days.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2020
vosquare:

So PGD is the best option now?

It is if you had a 2.2 otherwise, masters is also an option.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 11:27am On Sep 17, 2020
I want do upfront medicals.. a friend suggested ph cause its close to me.. please can anybody help with verified hospitals in ph.. plus their fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2020
I don't think there's a Canada approved clinic in PH
Sleekigboguy:
I want do upfront medicals.. a friend suggested ph cause its close to me.. please can anybody help with verified hospitals in ph.. plus their fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2020
Response to my webform received from IRCC yesterday:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
by using the e-Client Application Status (e-CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
through your online account.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

quote author=MadeMan01 post=93992531]

Na wa o.
What could be causing the delay for your medical to reflect[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Oh wow! This is a good news! A hearty congratulations to you!
Please did you have to defer your admission?

Yes I did, to January 2021.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
Pee2Jay9:

A different kind of news is well needed.. Thanks for sharing and congratulations to you.. Can u share your timeline? Was ur medical requested for or up-front? Are u for fall? Did you get the AIP?

I applied March 8
Biometrics March 13
Medical request April 23
Correspondence letter July 16

Since then nothing, which was why I ordered for the GCMS notes.

Yes I am for fall but have deferred to winter 2021. No I didn’t receive AIP.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
Alright, thank you.
But please, have you sent your new LOA and notified IRCC of your deferral via webform?
And if you have, did you notify them before or after receiving your AIP?

Thank you!
oma22:

Yes I did, to January 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Alright, thank you.
But please, have you sent your new LOA and notified IRCC of your deferral via webform?
And if you have, did you notify them before or after receiving your AIP?

Thank you!

You can notify them anytime
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by damosh360(m): 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2020
oma22:
I ordered for my GCMS notes, it came about 2 weeks ago and my visa has been approved, since April actually. I wonder what’s keeping the passport request.

I tap from your approval blessings. congrats dearie

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
silvamania:

But please let me get this straight !!!

If am applying for a program as a self sponsored applicant with no unaccompany family members

I can just fill their details in the family information section and don’t include any of their documents ( like birth certificate)

Is that okay or not ??

You need to attach the documents for immediate family members whether they are accompanying you or not but siblings are not regarded as immediate family members, only wife and children. However you include siblings and parents in family information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2020
Legacyedition:
Hi everyone. Thanks for your help always

After paying my first semester tuition fee of $6k, I have only about 5m left in my own savings. I wanted to use my dad to cover up as the co-sponsor, but the man gave me account with 6 months total credit of 13m and closing balance of 6M. Will this be enough?..... So the whole year tuition balance is $6k and $10k upkeep . Should he be the only sponsor? Or both of us?.

Secondly, his proof of source of fund,

He has 3 registered companies.

But the major 1 which I knew and grew up with, he isn't the one that registered it and he had been using it since 1990s. It was a surprise to me when I couldn't find his name on the company particulars. I didn't collect the particulars,

I have the CAC and tax clearance certificate.

Won't this be like a lie if I used this?. Also I can't say he's employed into the company cos he doesn't have a boss, even the current company office, he built it.

Or I should just collect the second CAC certificate without tax clearance as proof of source of fund.?. Thanks.

CC : frankrobbn1 , naijaforeigner , justmellow and everyone .

Oga Frankrobbn1 , lati 3 days... Edakun, we need your input sir .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Thank you
quote author=nayo10 post=94008641]Congrats many more good news to come[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sleekigboguy: 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sleekigboguy:

Anybody??
Please its really important
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sleekigboguy:

Anybody??
Please its really important

The link below shows the only approved hospitals approved by Canada in Nigeria

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ucy12: 4:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sleekigboguy:

There was one in Portharcourt (Prime Medicals), but it was no longer carrying out medicals for Canada travels as at last year.
In fact I still have their number and just called them now because of you, but they're still not rendering the services.
I think there's no other place than Lagos and Abuja (IOM and QLife)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dubajek: 4:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
congrats. University of Canada West Admission is one of the easiest and NO application fee is required.

[quote author=Phunmieyy post=93990725][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tgirlll02: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
Feanny:
Pls I am a newbie but I just got an admission into Manitoba university. From the info I got from the agent, I need not to pay tuition fee now till I arrive at Manitoba.
Pls how true is this.

The second question is what are the documents required to apply for my study visa.

Hi feanny, have you gotten any headway, I recently got admission into the University 1 program at the University of Manitoba too. Can we follow each other steps?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tgirlll02: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
Vbanti:
Please has anyone heard of wokos travel and study?

Yes, I was engaging him sometime ago. Are you going through with him?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Londonboi7960(m): 5:40pm On Sep 17, 2020
damosh360:

I also Tap from the Grace of that Approval a Very Big Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ujeinijobog: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2020
Alright, thank you!
Anon123:

You can notify them anytime
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
Sandy10:
Please I am a newbie and o have tried to go through the thread to understand better but it seems really difficult. Please put me through

I am yet to get admission and I don’t even know how to go about it. I also heard one can get full scholarship funding? How do I go about it. Which is the first step. Also I don’t even know if it’s Thesis base program I need or course base program

By the way I graduated with 2.1 in Public Administration. Is Masters in Pub Admin my best fit?

Hi Sandy10,

You are welcome,

Everything you need is on the first page of this Thread
Just go to Page 1

In addition, do check out the following links for enlightenment & education on Canada Study Visa Procedures , Documents Required & Lots More..

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91024057

Watch the Videos in this LINK for CANADA STUDY PERMIT STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89360183

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

FOR MASTERS ADMISSION

Since you have a 2.1, you are eligible to apply for a Masters in CANADA, but your 2nd Class Upper CGPA is not only the requirement to get a Masters Admission in Canada, there are other requirements and things you need to do

As whether its a thesis-based Masters you want to do or Course-Based, the Choice is yours

But note that, Full or Partial Scholarship is mostly open to Prospective International Students who are going for thesis-Based Masters in CANADA

What you need to do is apply to lots of schools in CANADA that has a Masters in Public Administration Programs or related Masters Program, cos applying to only one to three will kinda limit your chances., so u gotta expand your admission horizon

Visit the link below for Schs. Offering
Masters in Public Administration

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Public+Administration&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

You can also consider a 
Masters in HR,
Since HR relates a bit to public administration

HR is all about managing human resources. Admin is all about managing day to day activities of the organization for eg. managing the establishment, keeping the premises safe and clean, transportation, canteen management etc.

Schs. Offering Masters in HR

- MHRM in Human Resources Management
York University, Ontario

- Master of Human Resources Management
University of Regina, Saskatchewan

- Master of Industrial Relations and Human Resources (MIRHR)
University of Toronto, Ontario

- Master of Science (Management) in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
University of Lethbridge, Alberta

The link below will guide you on all you need to know about
MASTERS ADMISSION APPLICATION IN CANADA (THESIS-BASED)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

If you have questions or anything you are not clear of, do ask , and members in house will respond

Good luck!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Sandy10,

You are welcome,

Everything you need is on the first page of this Thread
Just go to Page 1

In addition, do check out the following links for enlightenment & education on Canada Study Visa Procedures , Documents Required & Lots More..

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Guidelines on how to Merge your documents for CLIENT INFORMATION section & PROOF OF FUNDS SECTION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/115#91024057

Watch the Videos in this LINK for CANADA STUDY PERMIT STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89360183

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

FOR MASTERS ADMISSION

Since you have a 2.1, you are eligible to apply for a Masters in CANADA, but your 2nd Class Upper CGPA is not only the requirement to get a Masters Admission in Canada, there are other requirements and things you need to do

As whether its a thesis-based Masters you want to do or Course-Based, the Choice is yours

But note that, Full or Partial Scholarship is mostly open to Prospective International Students who are going for thesis-Based Masters in CANADA

What you need to do is apply to lots of schools in CANADA that has a Masters in Public Administration Programs or related Masters Program, cos applying to only one to three will kinda limit your chances., so u gotta expand your admission horizon

Visit the link below for Schs. Offering
Masters in Public Administration

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Public+Administration&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

You can also consider a 
Masters in HR,
Since HR relates a bit to public administration

HR is all about managing human resources. Admin is all about managing day to day activities of the organization for eg. managing the establishment, keeping the premises safe and clean, transportation, canteen management etc.

Schs. Offering Masters in HR

- MHRM in Human Resources Management
York University, Ontario

- Master of Human Resources Management
University of Regina, Saskatchewan

- Master of Industrial Relations and Human Resources (MIRHR)
University of Toronto, Ontario

- Master of Science (Management) in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
University of Lethbridge, Alberta

The link below will guide you on all you need to know about
MASTERS ADMISSION APPLICATION IN CANADA (THESIS-BASED)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

If you have questions or anything you are not clear of, do ask , and members in house will respond

Good luck!!!

Thank you for this well elaborated explanation.
Will start right away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
Miide2:

please was your application online or paper ?

Online.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oma22: 7:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
damosh360:

Thank you! �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hi Omar 22,
Please be straight with your story I beg of you, I read somewhere you got AIP then also requested for GCMS notes and apparently the notes denote your approval has been since April. Also, I read somewhere you telling someone you never got AIP which is which please?

oma22:

Thank you! �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hi Omar 22,

Can you also clarify if you did biometric before receiving AIP/Medical request and getting your GCM notes? As @Pimp04 noted, there are a few inconsistency that you may want to help us understand.

Many thanks.

Pimp04:
Hi Omar 22,
Please be straight with your story I beg of you, I read somewhere you got AIP then also requested for GCMS notes and apparently the notes denote your approval has been since April. Also, I read somewhere you telling someone you never got AIP which is which please?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 7:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
But how many courses do they offer

dubajek:
congrats. University of Canada West Admission is one of the easiest and NO application fee is required.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chuksinfotech: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
please what is the hope of anyone who submitted his/her study permit application on 16 September 2020 02:53:02 a.m. EDT. In view of the 15th Sept deadline. While considering eligibility of postgraduate work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2020
Hi Guys,

Please can someone help me with the procedure for sending cic an enquiry about the status of my study permit application?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60