Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155571 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mobi22: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
The Punch: Many Nigerians denied Canadian visa unfairly –Envoy.
https://punchng.com/many-nigerians-denied-canadian-visa-unfairly-envoy/

Nigeria sigh.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by FundRaiserNg: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
Anon123:

Its unknown now considering the pandemic. Even SP timeline is unknown. My guy applied for the wife, on her gcms note it has been approved and medicals done but since then. Nothing from CIC.
Focus on getting there first, every other will come in slowly. Why not use a spousal work permit which is better than a visit visa.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello All,

I'm in the process of submitting my application and I need HELP!!

I am a bit confused about how to submit my documents on the online application platform. For instance . . the application for temporary residence form has a section under it where you have to declare your travels so far. Do you then attach the evidence to the completed form and upload as one file Or do you upload just the completed form and then reference and attached the evidence of travels in the Statement of Purpose?

Also, information for home ties (family picture, marriage certificate, land documents e.t.c) . . . where does that fit it? SoP of Proof of funds?

Help please, I dont want to spend $2,000 CAD on agents. embarassed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello Natase

You do not need a medical exam if you applied from turkey and you have been a resident there for > 6 months which I think is your case.

To see countries that require a medial exam please see this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents/country-requirements.html

All the best
Natase:

hello @chocs

On my GC account the medical is showing " you don't need a medical exam. we will send you a message if this changes."

I applied from Turkey

I ordered for GCMS note on Wednesday, still waiting for it.
I also sent webform same Wednesday. still waiting for reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
Of course it won’t work.
Anon123:

I am not 100% sure this will work
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello letskeeptalking

You might want to pause before submitting your application. Please read this thread from page one until the end and gain more knowledge about applying for a Canadian study permit before submitting to avoid any error

In the application for temporary residence form, you should simply state the places you have travelled to outside your home country or country of residence in the last 5 years or since you turned 18, whichever is more recent. As for the proof of the travel, you can attach the pages of your passport with visas and stamps under the “passport” section. Scan the pages and merge them into one file.

What do you mean by sop of proof of funds? Sop means statement of purpose. Do you mean soa (statement of account)? There is a proof of fund section which should contain your statement of account and any other thing showing your financial capabilities (Loan from bank, payslips, proof of employment, proof of business registration etc)

As for home ties, the proof comes in your statement of purpose/letter of explanation and should be uploaded under “client information” You should write a statement of purpose/ letter of explanation telling what you want to study the course you have chosen, how it will benefit you, why Canada etc. after the letter, you attach home tie proof or anything else you want. Merge everything and put it under “client information”

Your questions shows you are not very familiar with the whole process (I might be wrong) If I am right, please take your time to read this thread from page 1 and learn before you apply. If anything is not clear, please feel free to ask on the thread.

Please see these links too to know the appropriate section for each documents (please read the links carefully)
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/33#72169936

https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

https://students.ubc.ca/international-student-guide/immigration/study-permits/about-initial-study-permits/tutorial-apply-initial-study-permit-required-documents

All the best

letskeeptalking:
Hello All,

I am a bit confused about how to submit my documents on the online application platform. For instance . . the application for temporary residence form has a section under it where you have to declare your travels so far. Do you then attach the evidence to the completed form and upload as one file Or do you upload just the completed form and then reference and attached the evidence of travels in the Statement of Purpose?

Also, information for home ties (family picture, marriage certificate, land documents e.t.c) . . . where does that fit it? SoP of Proof of funds?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
letskeeptalking:
Hello All,

Hello Honorable letskeeptalking,

Visit the Link below
for
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

If after u have gone thru the contents in the above link, do ask questions on anything u aren't clear of here in the forum (as regards Canada Study Visa) and honorable members would respond

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Visit the Link below
for
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

If after u have gone thru the contents in the above link, do ask questions on anything u aren't clear of here in the forum (as regards Canada Study Visa) and honorable members would respond

Thank you sooo much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chloe3: 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2020
chloe3:
@Justmellow @Frankrobbn @Chocs @Osemigho @Frathermathy and other gurus in the house. Application Timeline submitted june 7th, biometrics request june 8th, biometrics done September 10th, refused August 23rd. Admission differed to January 2021. Please i need your contribution towards my Visa application which was refused on the 23rd of August 2020. I intend to reapply this October. My application was refused from Ho chin min secondary office/ primary office Nairobi and the refusal reasons from my gcms note was ;

Applicant is a 27year old single Male citizen of Nigeria. Applicant is employed as asst project manager. Applicant holds a bsc. In technical education. Applicant is applying to study project management in Centennial College in Toronto.
I have considered the information provided by the applicant, given applicant previous education/employment history and the high cost of studies in Canada, this doesn't appear to be a logical progression of study/career. Given the economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh there ties to their home country. Weighing the factors in the application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for there stay. Application refused: ties, purpose.

Firstly, The visa officer referred to the post graduate certificate program as Diploma. I also choosed College certificate on the imm1293 form.
Documents attached was;

1. The imm forms ( on my family form i stated my dad and mum was dead. We are six in the family aside my dad and mum. One is dead, 3 abroad(2 US citizens and the other in dubai) and 2 in Nigeria (me and my elder sister).

2. My sister (US CITIZEN) as my sponsor with over $52k as bank statement balance with her drivers license and letter stating she will support me with CAD 42k yearly ( my tuition fee is CAD25k).

3. My study leave letter from the company i worked, payslip was not attached because of Irregularities in payment and most time from my boss account (who is our family friend)

4. My certificates (NYSC and BSC)
5. Police clearance certificate.
6. Letter of explanation, clearly stating that my intention for the study was to advance in my career and gain knowledge/promotion in the office as i read technical education in school and now doing project management.

I want to re-apply with exact documents/details(am now 28yrs) and adding few documents to it ;
1. New Bank statement, new sponsorship letter.
2. Letter of recommendation from my chief
3. Letter of recommendation from my HOD in school and Certificate of Service (recommendation) as a trainee engineer from my PPA during service
4. Affidavit from court stating i will return back home upon completion of studies or expiration of status in Canada.
5. My Landed property( worth #3.5m.exactly when i graduated. Dad bought in my name documents where concluded after his death 4months after.)( is it important i explain my dad bought me the land before his demise or i should just present it, because that was my final year in school and my birth month the documents where concluded).
6. My dad landed property(with C of O and land survey plan but no exact cost of it as it was bought in the 1990s).
7. My Dad company (C.A.C.) document showing am a director on the article of association as the second highest shareholder and also affidavit of resolution of board of directors after his death in court stating me as acting chairman done in 2017.( note other documents are original but i can only find the photocopy of the memorandum of association and hope i can present it without tax clearance).

Can this new documents help my application to address the concerns(refusal reasons) of the VO, please advise and if i should remove a document so as not to confuse the VO or complicate my SP.
Thank you

From my cousin. #help.
Please guys, i need your contributions on this, i want to re-apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Day 40 and i still have not gotten my GCMS note

Sister we are in the same shoe mine is day 39
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2020
Canada is easing travel restrictions on family members, study permit holders, and people entering on compassionate grounds

Canada’s immigration minister Marco Mendicino stated that extended family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be able to enter Canada beginning on October 8.

Effective October 20th, international students enrolled at a Canadian designated learning institution will be able to enter Canada so long as their DLI has a COVID-19 readiness plan that has been vetted by the province or territory that the DLI is located in.

Foreign nationals will be able to apply to enter for compassionate reasons.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/10/students-and-families-allowed-to-travel-to-canada-1015971.html#gs.hp88hy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by scaezar: 8:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
Everything was genuine boss. To the tiniest detail. My cousin applied for me in Canada and what exactly went wrong was he picked 'no' to the question "have you been denied visa before" which i have. He went on to get an immigration lawyer in Canada to help out and draft a reply back then. I understand this is a serious offence so my mind is set on getting a ban. But it bothers me that they are just silent. I mean.. The ban should start counting already by now.
Anon123:

I want to ask you one question.

Are you 100% sure your documents are genuine, none is fake. If yes, you have nothing to worry about. If no, sorry but its likely you will get a 5yr ban from applying to canada.

You can apply for your gcms note to know what's delaying your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fieldinsight: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
is anybody in Nigeria using mpower financing to fund their schooling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by wolepopo(m): 8:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
Natase:
Greetings everyone,

please has anyone gotten AIP, but no Medical Request?.

applied - June 10
biometric request - June 11
biometric done - August 7
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request
My daughter’s AIP was sent on August 6th but the medical request wasn’t sent until August 27th; 3 weeks later. You can raise a web form to Nairobi and raise/create awareness. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2020
Good evening bosses, I just received this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
milo9:

Have you received AIP And Medical Request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by chichi93(f): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
No AIP or medical request. I did upfront medical and was updated to passed
owolabia:

Have you received AIP And Medical Request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
scaezar:
Everything was genuine boss. To the tiniest detail. My cousin applied for me in Canada and what exactly went wrong was he picked 'no' to the question "have you been denied visa before" which i have. He went on to get an immigration lawyer in Canada to help out and draft a reply back then. I understand this is a serious offence so my mind is set on getting a ban. But it bothers me that they are just silent. I mean.. The ban should start counting already by now.

Wooow... He did what!... Thats a very very huge and costly mistake.. Well order for your gcms note to know what's delaying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
Good evening house am finding it difficult to pay my fees at the bank with form A and CIBC.... they told me it will take more than two weeks that there is queue... still don’t know how am going to send 6,450 to conestoga with ease

Any Advice will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
This is serious now

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JIREN01: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
owolabia:
This is serious now
what's the implication of this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JIREN01: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
I heard from a source Masters in some universities does not qualify you for a Post Graduate Study Work Permit. Does a Masters degree from the following universities, including Saskatoon, Manitoba, Winnipeg, Northern British Columbia, New foundland, Regina, or Royal, qualify you for a PGWP following your PG Study. I needed to ask so as to know what I'm getting myself into.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello everyone! Please who has used western union business solutions to pay tuition fee before?
Or can you suggest another way to pay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Threeo: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
Thank you for this

[1quote author=Lekiboboe post=94545058]

Visit the Link below
for

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hello Jiren01

To check if an institution is a DLI (designated learning institution) and eligible for PGWP(post graduate work permit), please check this list.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

All the best
JIREN01:
I heard from a source Masters in some universities does not qualify you for a Post Graduate Study Work Permit. Does a Masters degree from the following universities, including Saskatoon, Manitoba, Winnipeg, Northern British Columbia, New foundland, Regina, or Royal, qualify you for a PGWP following your PG Study. I needed to ask so as to know what I'm getting myself into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TimAke: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
Natase:
Greetings everyone,

please has anyone gotten AIP, but no Medical Request?.

applied - June 10
biometric request - June 11
biometric done - August 7
AIP received - Sep 7
no Medical Request
Try doing an upfront medical. You've got AIP already, you have nothing to lose really. I was in this same position but then I did an upfront medical examination and my medical status has been updated as passed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
milo9:
lol expect your love letter from IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milo9(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
grin grin grin
Matildabenn1:
lol expect your love letter from IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
Dame24:
Hello everyone! Please who has used western union business solutions to pay tuition fee before?
Or can you suggest another way to pay. Thanks

hi dame, generate the invoice ,use form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
milo9:
grin grin grin
lmao you are smiling
Don’t smile o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.