Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160459 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:11am On Oct 20, 2020
godguy:

Please can your spouse be your sponsor? when given visa, can the spouse be allowed to join you?

Spouse sponsorship for study visa application is regarded as a genuine proof of financial support because you will have 100% access to the funds in your spouse account. He/She can join you through the SOWP once you've gotten your visa.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2020
hmm ok thank you for your response

Pls, do you have an idea of the chance of gaining admission to study a PGD in comp science or software engineering having studied a course like Library and Info Science. Although been freelancing and practicing for about a year now. Also what college would you advise?

@Lekiboboe
@Frankrobbn1

Frankrobbn1:

This College don't offer Post Graduate Programs. It will be difficult to see anyone going to this school on this thread as chances of getting an approval from the immigration authorities is slim. I will recommend you check other ivy league schools.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2020
Onweke:
Good day All,

For reapplication do I have to attach the previous SOP and the new LOE ?. I was refused due to only financial establishment. Large deposits and low balances (GCMS note).
Tuition 8,250 + LE 10,000 + miscellaneous 5,000. Total = 23,250 CAD ( N 6,751,281.86)
I want to do cash deposit 7 million with buyer's name as narration . Thereby tagging this huge deposit to the sale of my land (documents attached in previous application).I estimated the land value at that amount in my previous SOP. I plan to leave this money in the account for one month before reapplying. I already have 5 million in my account since June. What are the documents I should attach in this new application?. Only the deed of conveyance between the buyer and I or with survey plan in my name or the buyer's name ?
Please I need an advise.

#Frankrobbn
#Locs
#Lekiboboe
#Justmellow

You will have to write a separate letter of explanation addressing the lump sum deposit that came into your account, the source of the funds and relevant documents to evidence that the accrued funds wasn't borrowed from a third party. Given that the origin of the funds came as a result of a sold landed property, you will have to attach the following documents.

1. A deed of assignment or deed of conveyance duly signed and notarized by a licensed attorney.
2. A land receipt.
3. Survey plan of the land.
4. If possible the valuation report of the said landed property and its address.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2020
Greetings. I have being trying to log into my account since morning. Has anyone experienced same issue today? CIC sent a message to me early this morning.I need to check it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Onweke: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2020
Thanks boss.

Frankrobbn1:

You will have to write a separate letter of explanation addressing the lump sum deposit that came into your account, the source of the funds and relevant documents to evidence that the accrued funds wasn't borrowed from a third party. Given that the origin of the funds came as a result of a sold landed property, you will have to attach the following documents.

1. A deed of assignment or deed of conveyance duly signed and notarized by a licensed attorney.
2. A land receipt.
3. Survey plan of the land.
4. If possible the valuation report of the said landed property and its address.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 11:31am On Oct 20, 2020
BlegendE:
Greetings. I have being trying to log into my account since morning. Has anyone experienced same issue today? CIC sent a message to me early this morning.I need to check it

The website is down for maintenance. Don't worry. I think the message you received is your BVL. smiley

Try again after a while.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Muhammed43: 11:35am On Oct 20, 2020
Good morning house I just applied for university of Regina ...and I also paid the 100 dollars application fee and submitted my documents and I was asked to provide additional information because my waec was since 2012 so I did ...I need to know the document need for the visa ..I want to know if this is okay ..my mum has landed property,her personal company which my name is included, a good statement of account,what are my chances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by godguy: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Spouse sponsorship for study visa application is regarded as a genuine proof of financial support because you will have 100% access to the funds in your spouse account. He/She can join you through the SOWP once you've gotten your visa.

It will end in praise.

Amen,thanks for the response.
My wife studied Statistics (Maths Stat) from a State Uni and graduated with 2.1 and about 6 years work experience as Statistical office in government parastata, can she apply for MSc Computer Science or IT related Masters. I want her to apply for the MSc while i join her through the SOWP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Same here

quote author=BlegendE post=95124718]Greetings. I have being trying to log into my account since morning. Has anyone experienced same issue today? CIC sent a message to me early this morning.I need to check it[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2020
Muhammed43:
Good morning house I just applied for university of Regina ...and I also paid the 100 dollars application fee and submitted my documents and I was asked to provide additional information because my waec was since 2012 so I did ...I need to know the document need for the visa ..I want to know if this is okay ..my mum has landed property,her personal company which my name is included, a good statement of account,what are my chances

You may have to explain to the immigration authorities what you've been doing since you left high school in 2012, your reason for not attaining a post secondary education in Nigeria? Why you think that you will be a good fit and be able to study if granted a study visa. Once you can account for your study gaps until this present stage in your career with cogent explanation and backed up evidence, Age will not count as a negative factor in analysing your ELIGIBILITY criteria to pursue an advanced education in Canada.

As for the required documents for the process, you can explore this link for more information LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION).

Should you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out here for assistance.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Muhammed43: 11:54am On Oct 20, 2020
It was the school that asked not the immigration for additional information since 2012....and I provided a letter from my mum’s company that I have been working with them and some it certification .i hope that’s okay.so I waiting for them to grant my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 11:56am On Oct 20, 2020
godguy:

Amen,thanks for the response.
My wife studied Statistics (Maths Stat) from a State Uni and graduated with 2.1 and about 6 years work experience as Statistical office in government parastata, can she apply for MSc Computer Science or IT related Masters. I want her to apply for the MSc while i join her through the SOWP

She can apply for MSc in Computer Science program in any of the Universities in Canada. However a MSc in Statistics will be more direct and wouldn't require much explanations to demonstrate a career progression for her. You can always join her once her application is successful.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
Muhammed43:
It was the school that asked not the immigration for additional information since 2012....and I provided a letter from my mum’s company that I have been working with them and some it certification .i hope that’s okay.so I waiting for them to grant my application

Admission will always come for Undergraduate application once your WAEC result is good. You should be more concerned about convincing the immigration authorities (visa officer's) that you're in fact a genuine applicant who is ready to study in Canada considering the huge study gaps since you left high school. Your case is a very peculiar one and would require a well detailed explanation and professional certifications you've attained over the years to pull through.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by illuminator01(m): 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
Good day here,

I study Marine Science(Oceanography) for first degree in FUTA. But trying to apply for masters for related courses in Canada but funding it difficult as they require approval from supervisors before admission.

Any idea around it or how do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by godguy: 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

She can apply for MSc in Computer Science program in any of the Universities in Canada. However a MSc in Statistics will be more direct and wouldn't require much explanations to demonstrate a career progression for her. You can always join her once her application is successful.

It will end in praise.
Thanks
1. is MSc Statistics in high demand in Canada?
2. After payment of school fees, what is the minimum she and sponsor (Me) needs to have in account as PoF
3. i intend to go join her later with the kids during the course of the program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

An Applicant can see it in his/her GCM Notes

Okay. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
godguy:

Thanks
1. is MSc Statistics in high demand in Canada?
2. After payment of school fees, what is the minimum she and sponsor (Me) needs to have in account as PoF
3. i intend to go join her later with the kids during the course of the program

1. MSc Statistics is not in demand in Canada, albeit this doesn't mean that she won't be able to get a job after studies.
2. The IRCC requirement is that applicant or sponsor must show proof of funds for the first year of study in Canada, which include the tuition and 10kcad living expenses. Accordingly, you should have adequate funds left to cater for yourself and the kids.
3. You're on the right track, apply for a SOWP later with the kids after the approval of her study permit.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
The online portal is currently unavailable
Eilenora:
Same here

quote author=BlegendE post=95124718]Greetings. I have being trying to log into my account since morning. Has anyone experienced same issue today? CIC sent a message to me early this morning.I need to check it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
rebecausoro:

Did you see the status change too?

And do you also have an AIP already?

Hello @rebecausoro pls have u gotten update on your application since medical passed, i haven't, we did our medicals at the same time, maybe they are processing ours together.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
illuminator01:
Good day here,

I study Marine Science(Oceanography) for first degree in FUTA. But trying to apply for masters for related courses in Canada but funding it difficult as they require approval from supervisors before admission.

Any idea around it or how do I go about this?
Hi Greatest FUTARIAN cheesy,

Yes u would need to contact (Mail) & get a Supervisor before u can be able to get a MASTERS admission

The following
Guides/contents/videos in the link below on how to apply for M.SC/PH.D programs, How to Contact & Get a Supervisor and Possible Ways to get Funded (Scholarship) M.SC/PH.D Positions in Canadian Universities
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Also try to contact & Get supervisors (Doctors/Professors) from other Schools in other to widen your Admission Horizon, so if one don't click u can be hopeful of other Professors of Other Schools u communicated with.

Visit the links below for
Oceanography & MST Related Masters Program
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Oceanography&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Marine&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Note: The minimum requirement for MASTERS is 2nd Class Upper

All the Best!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello house, can anyone help with this question?

what is the chance of gaining admission and what college is best advised to study a PGD in comp science or software engineering having studied a course like Library and Info Science. Although been freelancing and practicing for a year, heard now is the best time to start applications towards fall of 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello,

Finally it has started happening for applications made from Nigeria. Congrats indeed. You have opened up the door for the rest of us all. Pls keep the house posted.

s
Obanidavid:

Glory be to God.

While we await the list of Schools ready to receive international students to be publish today. I received a correspondence letter this morning "RE: validity of your biometric information".

More success stories to come for all. Thank you Lord.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello chocs , good afternoon and thanks so much for your contribution . God bless you.

I agree that its not quite obvious to know the relations , most especially people thats not in the field like you said. I definitely will have to push through a detailed cover letter for sure .

They didn't ask for additional documents but won't be bad if I sneak it in the required PDF guess lol.

Best Wishes to us all.

Chocs:
Hello Oreoluwamipo

Seeming desperate for an admission is not totally a bad thing in my opinion.

Did they give any room to add additional documents? (I know some schools give a space and say, if there’s any other information you’d like us to know please attach it here) If there’s something like that, you can attach all these extras there.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gratias

Dameelee:
The online portal is currently unavailable

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
i just received a correspondence letter oooooooo. tell me the meaning oooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin JESUS CHRIST. THE SERVICE IS VERY BAD OOOO. I CANT EVEN DONLOAD THE FILE. SAYS ERROR........

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oreoluwamipo: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
Hello Prof, Lekiboboe lol .. I appreciate you so much for the audience.

I can't lecture a professor you know, Btw I am hoping to apply into Seneca college,ON.

Also , My twin sister doesn't have an HR work experience , she works as a customer service representative. Are we still on the go?

Lekiboboe:

Amen,

With such move, you don't seem desperate, the motive here is to proof you are a good fit for the Program despite having a Degree in Pol. Science

Yes u are right,

The school might likely not mention it as a requirement, that is why I termed Cover Letter etc. SUPPORTING DOCUMENT

Since u are not directly having a Degree in a Program that relates to HR, a Cover Letter gonna be essential, a way to boost ur chances for admission.

Let me assume the School u wanna apply to is a school under Ontario College body e.g Conestoga College, Cambrian College etc.

If u wanna apply to such skool via the Ontario College Portal, there is always an Upload Column there titled SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS, under it u gonna see OTHER DOCUMENTS, under that u gonna see Portfolio
So under that Portfolio, that's where u gonna upload ur Supporting Documents for Admission which are;
- Cover Letter
- Professional Certificate in HR
- Recommendation Letter (Optional)
- CV
- Resume

Like I said in my last post to u, the cover letter will also help u when u wanna apply for ur Study Visa (while writing ur SOP), one way or the other you are alrdy learning how to explain in ur SOP ur Academic/Career Progression based on ur Transitioning from Pol. Science to HR

Hmm, quite related, ok

Oya Prof. Oreoluwamipo lecture me on that cheesy
(We learn Everyday wink )

If I may ask, what is the name of that school u are applying for a PG. Cert in HR?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
Passport request loading (as you’ve gotten medical request and AIP)
Congratulations in advance
BlegendE:
i just received a correspondence letter oooooooo. tell me the meaning oooooooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin JESUS CHRIST. THE SERVICE IS VERY BAD OOOO. I CANT EVEN DONLOAD THE FILE. SAYS ERROR........

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
Oreoluwamipo:
Hello Prof, Lekiboboe lol .. I appreciate you so much for the audience.

I can't lecture a professor you know, Btw I am hoping to apply into Seneca college,ON.

Also , My twin sister doesn't have an HR work experience , she works as a customer service representative. Are we still on the go?

Lolz, you are welcome ma'am

Hahaha, shey u dey whine me niii grin

Oh Seneca College, alright.

Is ur Twin Sis. Going to Seneca College & applying for PG.Cert HR aswell?

What did your Twin Sis. Study?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
BlegendE:

Congrats. When you finally download the letter, do tell us if it came from the Nairobi office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
good day, please did anybody get this med request form when applying online?.. I got this during my application online, I'm I meant to still wait for another med form before I take my medicals, please how does the med request form look like, if it's different from this, then what does this form signify

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
BlegendE:

Did you get a donotreply mail or you just checked up your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Linsigne(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Chocs:
Hello

What type of trv? I’m guessing a visit visa since you mentioned invitation letter. This page is for study permits (visa)

Best wishes

Can I send you an email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.